• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

kehs

Banned
I think you get like 30 minutes more of screen time, or a couple of hours of stand by. Like 15-20%.

Not that big of a change. I might pick one up, but mostly because people say the phone feels a little bit nicer in the hand from the extra bulk.

You got a link to the extended battery? There's so many out there, and does it add bulk (making it thicker) to the phone?

The official one is a bit thicker and removes the ass chin.

jhPnZ.jpg

Schlep

I got the Seidio 3800 mAh battery. Most of the week I'm on the stock battery, but I tend to be out all day Saturdays and Sundays, which is a bit more than the stock can handle.

Mrcapcom

15 Hours on a 1800 mah battery (stock) Verizon LTE? Do you have LTE on all the time? I get usually a solid 8 hours with my extended 4G On all the time usually. Do I have a bad extended? Maybe Call verizon?

EDIT:Or are you saying 15 on 2100 Extended either way I get no where near 15 hours. Also I haven't did the battery calibration thingy either should I do that?

thespot84

15 Hours on a 1800 mah battery (stock) Verizon LTE? Do you have LTE on all the time? I get usually a solid 8 hours with my extended 4G On all the time usually. Do I have a bad extended? Maybe Call verizon?

EDIT:Or are you saying 15 on 2100 Extended either way I get no where near 15 hours. Also I haven't did the battery calibration thingy either should I do that?

i think 4g signal strength is important, I find out work and at home where the signal is good i get great life, elsewhere it varies and i sometimes just switch to 3g

Mrcapcom

I get a strong 4G at my job but home is iffy its gotten better though. Maybe thats my issue i do see it switch around. I never get more than like 2 hours or so on screen time though

womp

Auto brightness sucks even more power. Better to just use manual increments because the auto brightness eats at the sensors processing.

Did anyone here try the inductive charging mod? With Palm being dead and all, those Touchstone parts are pretty cheap. I'd rather have an official solution, but it looks like other manufacturers don't want to bother with it.

tenchir

Good news, the website I got mine from(Dailysteals) is willing to do an exchange or refund for me. Surprisingly, I didn't even have to go through a lot of trouble for them to issue an RMA for me. I just had to explain my situation with them about Samsung USA/UK unwillingly to repair the phone.

mr2t

Banned
I'm about to send my phone to Samsung for a 3rd repair and they are paying to overnight it both ways. My phone consistently drops data connection and sometimes calls no matter where I am. The signal bar goes gray with an x and it drains the battery trying to reconnect. This phone being repaired is also my fourth replacement from Verizon. An employee at the Samsung repair facility said they will have to replace the entire main board this time along with the lcd they scratched during the last repair. I hope it has cost them more than what it would to have given me a new phone.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Good news, the website I got mine from(Dailysteals) is willing to do an exchange or refund for me. Surprisingly, I didn't even have to go through a lot of trouble for them to issue an RMA for me. I just had to explain my situation with them about Samsung USA/UK unwillingly to repair the phone.

Funny, because that company had no problem issuing me an RMA but took so long to refund my money after confirming receipt of the package. I had to dispute the charge on my credit card. It's still ongoing.

gcubed

I'm about to send my phone to Samsung for a 3rd repair and they are paying to overnight it both ways. My phone consistently drops data connection and sometimes calls no matter where I am. The signal bar goes gray with an x and it drains the battery trying to reconnect. This phone being repaired is also my fourth replacement from Verizon. An employee at the Samsung repair facility said they will have to replace the entire main board this time along with the lcd they scratched during the last repair. I hope it has cost them more than what it would to have given me a new phone.

Yea the shoehorned LTE sucks. I've had a few times where all I can assume is the radio crashed and it had to come back. I'm holding hope for a new nexus cdma phone this winter.

thespot84

here's my standby on vicious v3:

12+-+1

I basically didn't use it from 5 pm last night to 10 this morning, with the exception of reading some news when i got up. Something was wacky with the download manager that caused it to drain so fast this morning. I'm going to mess with jellybelly now but i thought that this was interesting.

kehs

Banned
Looks like Verizon is testing JB updates already. Means GSM should get the updates soon.

And you guys for thanksgiving.

edit: oops, not JB updates, just an update.

thespot84

it's just until Apple can respond, so best case the ban won't last through the trial, worst case it'll be back in force as soon as Apple sends a letter, which I have to imagine will be fast.

Top Bottom