• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
so my phone apparently has an unknown Radio, even though I re-flashed it with the original one. Does that mean I will never get the OTA? Mine's a takju.

Yes. I thought I was clear.

So Google use people as Guinea Pigs? Since they don't opt in to be first to get the OTA Update. Doesn't seem right.

Also not all iOS updates are beta tested outside of Apple, only the major ones. However the smaller updates are still pushed to everyone at the same time.

It's a big file size so I imagine it flashes a new baseband/radio buuuuut if I were you I would return to stock baseband

Oh, my phone is super stock. I'm asking just in case there's something I should know.

So Google use people as Guinea Pigs? Since they don't opt in to be first to get the OTA Update. Doesn't seem right.

Also not all iOS updates are beta tested outside of Apple, only the major ones. However the smaller updates are still pushed to everyone at the same time.

Microsoft does the same on Windows Phone, but unlike Google, they don't own the hardware.

DXPett1

615421350.png

certainly not a fan of some of the UI changes in Jelly Bean but the smooth/quickness is bloody ace. Definately makes the GNex feel several notches faster

SimleuqiR

certainly not a fan of some of the UI changes in Jelly Bean but the smooth/quickness is bloody ace. Definately makes the GNex feel several notches faster

I'm getting IE9 commercial vibe from this lock screen.

"...and it feels like i'm too close to love you... bwam bwam bwam."

Flashed the yakju OTA, now having a play around. ADW EX seems to be spazzing out a bit, may have to revert to stock launcher :(

Time to have a play around with Now, let's see if it will show me naked ladies.

edit: I thought Now was meant to have a kick-ass simulated voice, why do I still have Mrs Stephen Hawking?

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
I am tempted to root. I did so on my Mytouch 4G. It was intimidating but not difficult to do. I might wait a week and if no update then I think I will do it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone had any luck with clearing the GServices cache? It's how I got 4.0.4 the day it was "released."

Top Bottom