• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

gcubed

No. I'll stick to whatever the best and most stable ROM is. Once CyanogenMod and AOKP start pumping out stable releases, I might switch to them, but otherwise, I'm very happy with the stock/rooted feel of Jelly Belly.

As others have said, you'll waste a week. I can't see a Verizon update coming any earlier than Fall, honestly.

ugh ok.

So is Jelly Belly basically the best stock/rooted ROM for Verizon? Latest 3.4? Are there any issues at all on it?

Futureman

Verizon has one week to have a leak that they are testing Jelly Bean or it appears i'm headed into ROM city

where are the Verizon ninjas? I remember with my Droid X there were definitely insiders who leaked that 2.3 was being tested.

and I'm probably in the huge minority on here, but I don't really care how long Verizon takes (well... reasonably so... if it's November and we stil don't have it I'd be up in arms). Not messing with ROMs.

reKon

Banned
Does anybody using jelly bean and the nova launcher ever notice that when you hit the all app button it does some weird double animation sometimes?

gutshot

Apex doesn't seem to have any problems with Jelly Bean. Also they give you the option to revert the search bar back to ICS style!

SimleuqiR

Does anybody using jelly bean and the nova launcher ever notice that when you hit the all app button does some weird double animation sometimes?

Huh? No. Sure your finger is not hitting the Home button and getting Google Now animation?

IDK. I don't have this issue.

Nicktendo86

Huh? No. Sure your finger is not hitting the Home button and getting Google Now animation?

IDK. I don't have this issue.

It doesn't happen all the time, usually if you have just left an app, go to the home screen then press the app draw button. Sometimes it will do this strange double animation.

This odd stuck pixel I have is really getting on my nerves, apparently AMOLED screens can't get stuck pixels so I am really confused as to what this is!

Cudder

ADW EX has gone a bit bonkers since JB update, so what's the best launcher out there? Nova, Apex? LauncherPro
lol

Lots of people swear by Apex and Nova. I haven't researched either of them fully, but I'd love to see a comparison video of the two.

womp

ugh ok.

So is Jelly Belly basically the best stock/rooted ROM for Verizon? Latest 3.4? Are there any issues at all on it?

Jelly Belly 3.4 is the real deal now. Forget the past couple releases (3.0 was a turd), the dev worked his butt off and this ROM is perfection for Jelly Bean right now IMO.
Faster than the initial leaks thanks to the JB source additions.

Been running it since early last evening; *Everything* is working great (Google Now, GPS, WiFi etc) and the included kernel is giving me great battery life too. No reason not to flash it. Just get the ROM and the proper 7/12 GAPPS file. Clear cache, wipe data, dalvik...flash...reboot...enjoy.

I sat on version 2.1 for the past week running fine while the dust settled...Glad I updated. ;)

reKon

Banned
Jelly Belly 3.4 is the real deal now. Forget the past couple releases (3.0 was a turd), the dev worked his butt off and this ROM is perfection for Jelly Bean right now IMO.

Faster than the initial leaks thanks to the JB source additions. *Everything* is working great and the included kernel is giving me great battery life too.

No reason not to flash it. Just get the ROM and the proper 7/12 GAPPS file. Clear cache, wipe data, dalvik...flash...reboot...enjoy.

I sat on version 2.1 for the past week running fine while the dust settled...Glad I updated. ;)

Yeah this one has been good. I've been using lean kernel 4.1 experimental and set the min clockspeed to 230 mhz.

I don't think there's any reason for me to flash anything else until AOKP comes out. The only thing I'm severely missing is the ability to switch songs using the volume rocker when the screen is off. I think that was my favorite custom feature from AOKP.

th3dude

Been running it since early last evening; *Everything* is working great (Google Now, GPS, WiFi etc) and the included kernel is giving me great battery life too. No reason not to flash it. Just get the ROM and the proper 7/12 GAPPS file. Clear cache, wipe data, dalvik...flash...reboot...enjoy.

I can second this.

Also, once you are running a 3.0+ version of Jelly Belly (from AOSP), you shouldn't have to wipe anymore to flash updates. Just flash update + gapps and you are done.

Mrcapcom

Where does Google Now data reside? Is it in the cloud or on the phone?
Do I have to back it up now with Titanium?

And I never had any issues with Nova Prime doubling icons or w/e the problem was above

reKon

Banned
Where does Google Now data reside? Is it in the cloud or on the phone?
Do I have to back it up now with Titanium?

And I never had any issues with Nova Prime doubling icons or w/e the problem was above

It's more like a tiny glitch where it appears that the animation if repeated quickly for a split second. It usually happens after not using the phone for a while, turning on the screen, and then bringing up all apps. After that, you can't reproduce that animation and everything is normal.

thespot84

ugh it's such a bitch moving these authenticators....

snacknuts

we all knew her

Seconded or thirded or whatever. Good stuff. I'm hoping these builds start to settle down so I don't have to keep flashing a new one every day.

Mrcapcom

With the HTC One X/S and SGS3 having good battery life whats the reason behind this? Is it solely hardware or is it some software voodoo form the company.

Does the SGS3 have the same battery 2100mah that we have? (of course slightly different im not saying will it work in ours)

I'm figuring its just hardware but would be cool if they was able to have some software stuff to better handle the lte radios and etc to increase battery life.

What you guys think?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I was at that point two days ago and you told me I didn't have to unlock and root my phone.

HA.
You don't. I have no problem with doing that, though. If only my Note would have the option.

Schlep

For anyone on the Sprint version and in the Fort Worth area, LTE is now available.

211347273.png

Nova seems to be working as intended, it just doesn't have the newer features the stock launcher now has (auto re-sizable widgets, auto moving icons, etc)

Lots of people swear by Apex and Nova. I haven't researched either of them fully, but I'd love to see a comparison video of the two.

Cheers, downloaded Nova to trial but i miss the on-screen menu/settings button. Still, least it seems to work as intended. What is it with devs abandoning my preferred launcher? First LauncherPro, now ADW too? :-(

Launcher7 of course.

You shouldnt joke about these things man. :p

Cipherr

My Nexus got here today. I got a fantastic roll on the screen. No streaks, no black blotches, and completely pitch black in a dark room with no light on a black background. If I load a completely white screen once I get the phone tilted to an extreme edge I can see a very faint blue tint, I was able to notice it while holding the phone in front of my monitor that also had a completely white page loaded.

But noone would ever be using the phone from such an extreme angle. I think I lucked out. Really glad I didnt even up having to play the OLED RMA game until I got a good screen.

Gabyskra

Banned
I'm so happy about my GSM Galaxy Nexus. Seven months in, and I still feel like I've got the best phone available thanks to the 4.1.1 update.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm so happy about my GSM Galaxy Nexus. Seven months in, and I still feel like I've got the best phone available thanks to the 4.1.1 update.

Same here. No phone envy at all. When I was on my N1 the last two years before the GN I was envying every phone out there.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Same here. No phone envy at all. When I was on my N1 the last two years before the GN I was envying every phone out there.

Really? I was very happy with my N1 for the two years I had it. Great phone. Well, except for the memory storage issues. Software always makes an old phone feel new.

JoeFu

Banned
Really? I was very happy with my N1 for the two years I had it. Great phone. Well, except for the memory storage issues. Software always makes an old phone feel new.

I think I wanted a phone with a bigger screen. I really liked the Evo when I was teaching my uncle how to use it.

kinggroin

Banned

You think a slimmed down version of jellybean would be possible on the n1? At least to benefit from project butter.

-GOUKI-

Okay so i found out my phone is yakjuux. Am i going to get the OTA?

EDIT: After reading a bit more, will i be able to get the OTA if i update my phone from yakjuux to yakju?

GatorBait

Man, fuck Verizon. The more I think about their updating of the Nexus to JB, so the more pissed off I get, and I don't even own a Nexus yet.

I'm starting to strongly consider switching to AT&T and buying the Nexus straight from Google.

Bboy AJ

You think a slimmed down version of jellybean would be possible on the n1? At least to benefit from project butter.

I dunno. Seems like ICS doesn't even run well on the N1. Oh well, it's been like what, three years?

I've found I'm always perfectly content to keep using a phone if new software updates keep chugging along. I'm never that excited to get new hardware if the software's the same. It's basically the same crap.

kinggroin

Banned
I dunno. Seems like ICS doesn't even run well on the N1. Oh well, it's been like what, three years?

I've found I'm always perfectly content to keep using a phone if new software updates keep chugging along. I'm never that excited to get new hardware if the software's the same. It's basically the same crap.

True, but the ics rendering engine was a pretty meh first step towards hw acceleration. There were quite a bit of frame rate problems on even the GN.

I was wondering if the GPU would benefit from the new rendering engine at least. Would be something incredible to see an n1 running at 60fps for the most part.

Edit: well looky here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762790

Jader7777

Banned
My Samsung Galaxy SII does everything I need it to do.

Apparently every revision after the SII has had LESS battery life. You know how much battery life sucks for smartphones? Abysmal.

Cipherr

If white was only white on that screen.

If only black was black on LCD screens.

No but seriously, if you get an actual non defective GNex without the terrible hues and blue purple'ness the whites are white, just not as bright as say a One X. But my screens color is great.

Emily Chu

Banned
After using a nexus 7 for 12hrs

I kinda want a nexus phone that's 7" with almost no bezel...

Even a note feels small now

Inb4 crazy

Now that

THAT would be best galaxy

Do it Samsung

Galaxy Nexus Note III

Take all money!!!!

Top Bottom