• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

somato

Does location service show up as draining battery in battery history? I'm wondering if I need to worry about it sucking power if it shows screen as being 90% of my battery usage.

On JB with Google Now, when I leave location service on, I get huge location related wakelocks in maps like this...

rsh2j.png

When I turn it off, I do not get these wakelocks.

reKon

Banned
Wow.

You can really customize the navbar now

And there's still a long a way to go. AOKP had you being able to change the color of the icons and have swipable widgets.

I'm hoping for the custom lock screen is next because that's another thing that I used a lot.

Smokey

any rumors of a new nexus coming out? have a evo 4g and im considering just going to this rather than the iphone 5...but is there any word of a new model?

Cipherr

anyone here still on jelly belly?

You mean 4.1.1 stock? Yeah I'm still on it. 4.1 pretty much nuked any desire I had to run any launchers or ROMs. Its just fantastic the way that it is. Slapped my widgets and whatnot and organized them on my screens, and I'm satisfied. Everything is fluid and smooth and fast. Good times.

Nicktendo86

Been running the CM10 preview for about 4 days now and love it so far, runs nice and smooth, battery life seems good and no crashes. It feels like stock 4.1.1 but with a few nice extras like toggles in the nav bar (which I find it really hard to live without), weather on my lock screen and a couple of extra apps on the unlock circle thing. If anyone is in two minds I'd say give it a go. Seems to run better than the AOKP preview IMHO.

Cipherr

Gave it up a couple weeks ago. Too many issues where things are fixed and then broken and then fixed and then broken. I enjoyed it early on though, but Xenon is where it's at now.

Oh wait a minute, is Jelly Belly a rom? I thought he was talking about Jelly Bean.

Magni

Got my Galaxy Nexus in the mail yesterday, coming over from an Omnia 7 (WP 1G), this is nice. The screen feels a bit too big for my taste, but it's not Note or Streak size either.

My last Android was a Hero running Donut (I think? 1.6) before I switched to the Omnia 7; Android has certainly advanced these past two years. I still prefer WP in terms of UI, but Android's made some much needed progress in that field.

Feep

Banned
So, I figured when I got back from Japan there'd be an OTA Jellybean update waiting for me on my Verizon GNex, but no such luck.

1) What's going on with this?
2) I'm rooted and unlocked...can someone point me to a working vanilla update.zip for 4.1.0/4.1.1?

kehs

Banned
So, I figured when I got back from Japan there'd be an OTA Jellybean update waiting for me on my Verizon GNex, but no such luck.

1) What's going on with this?
2) I'm rooted and unlocked...can someone point me to a working vanilla update.zip for 4.1.0/4.1.1?
There isnt one yet for Verizon. You'd have to go with an aosp ROM. I wouldnt expect an official update for at least another six weeks.

gcubed

they've been testing new radio's prior to jellybean due to disconnect issues on newer hardware versions of the LTE Nex that apparently got put on hold for jelly bean. I'm going to go optimistic and say August.

Feep

Banned
There isnt one yet for Verizon. You'd have to go with an aosp ROM. I wouldnt expect an official update for at least another six weeks.
All right, well...I'm impatient. I prefer rock solid stability and everything working over some crazy themed/skinned/tweaked/whatever build, so what should I go with?

kinggroin

Banned
All right, well...I'm impatient. I prefer rock solid stability and everything working over some crazy themed/skinned/tweaked/whatever build, so what should I go with?

Look for any stock aosp build of jellybean with the stock kernel. Team EOS is one that fits what you want.

womp

He jumped up to 5.1 already?

wow.

Anyone using any good mods?

Also why is it that all of the CM10/AOKP themes I see look like shit....

Things get broken with every update, so each update is a refix of a fix...:p

Once again, another vote for Xenon HD.

th3dude

He jumped up to 5.1 already?

wow.

Anyone using any good mods?

Also why is it that all of the CM10/AOKP themes I see look like shit....

To me, it seems like 5.1 is the best he's put out yet.

Every version that comes out, I tend to wait a day or so to see if there are any complaints in the message boards, and if there are, I just wait for the next and repeat.

This one though, I haven't heard anything bad about it at all. I think he finally got it right.

Piano

Banned

I had serious issues with Jelly Belly and Bugless Beast. Xenon HD has been rock solid so far.

thespot84

To me, it seems like 5.1 is the best he's put out yet.

Every version that comes out, I tend to wait a day or so to see if there are any complaints in the message boards, and if there are, I just wait for the next and repeat.

This one though, I haven't heard anything bad about it at all. I think he finally got it right.

yea no problems on 5.1 thus far.

Feep

Banned
Ugh. No success looking for a solution on Google:

Whenever I use my browser, an orange rectangle appears (and will move to whatever I touch) which automatically activates text-to-speech for anything inside the rectangle. It's annoying as hell. I can disable Google Text-to-Speech services, but the rectangle remains...any ideas? I'm on XenonHD.

It didn't do this for the first day or so. = (

Edit: Never mind. Had to uncheck "Enhance web accessibility" under "accessibility" settings.

DXPett1

Finally got to use the NFC function of the GNex today.

Makers of the Octopus Card (Hong Kong all purpose RFID cash card) have made an Android app that allows you to read your balance and previous transactions via NFC tapping.

Felt great. THE FUTURE

womp

I've been running this freaking Codename Android ROM all day and it is damned awesome. I think I found something that finally beats XenonHD.

PACKED with features and running fantastically. Woweee.

Nekrono

Hey guys, I mistakenly erased some videos/pictures from my phone, is there any way to recover them? My phone is not rooted and it's running Jelly Bean from the OTA update.

kehs

Banned
Hey guys, I mistakenly erased some videos/pictures from my phone, is there any way to recover them? My phone is not rooted and it's running Jelly Bean from the OTA update.

I don't know if this actually works or not but it sounds similar to recovering pictures from an sd card:

http://android-photo-recovery.com/tutorials/deleted-file-recovery-for-google-nexus-phones.html

http://www.wondershare.com/disk-utility/recover-deleted-photos-from-nexus-s-and-galaxy-nexus.html

Those just came up in a quick google search, hope they help.

Top Bottom