• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Fox318

hahahaha

Here is a direct link to the Rootwiki thread that I used. :)

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31446-rom411aosp-codename-android-300-jb07312012/

I looooove the notification LED options but I'm still in a tizzy over which ROM I prefer. For some reason, Xenon still seems more 'solid' for me...Probably because I have used it for almost three weeks now. Perhaps I will let Codename get a few updates under its belt first. Either way, give it a try!

Ohhhhh..

I might just have to flash this.....

Maybe I'll wait till Xenon 6.0...

Nekrono

Get them off of Google Plus?

Nah I never uploaded them.

I don't know if this actually works or not but it sounds similar to recovering pictures from an sd card:

http://android-photo-recovery.com/tutorials/deleted-file-recovery-for-google-nexus-phones.html

http://www.wondershare.com/disk-utility/recover-deleted-photos-from-nexus-s-and-galaxy-nexus.html

Those just came up in a quick google search, hope they help.

Thanks I will try them out.

kehs

Banned
Nah I never uploaded them.

Thanks I will try them out.

Look into data recovery a little more, like I said I'm not sure if they work. I do know that you don't want to be fussing too much with the storage until you've recovered it, as it's pretty easy to overwrite the data.

Nekrono

Look into data recovery a little more, like I said I'm not sure if they work. I do know that you don't want to be fussing too much with the storage until you've recovered it, as it's pretty easy to overwrite the data.

It seems like those programs do works the problem is since the Nexus (as far as I know) doesn't have a "Mass Storage" feature so Windows or any of these programs detect it as a "drive" to scan.

Am I missing something?

kehs

Banned
It seems like those programs do works the problem is since the Nexus (as far as I know) doesn't have a "Mass Storage" feature so Windows or any of these programs detect it as a "drive" to scan.

Am I missing something?
no that's just me being overly cautious

Can someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with my Nexus? Every now and then it decides to drop my data or WiFi and unless I disable WiFi/3G or put it into airplane mode, it refuses to reconnect. It's annoying.

kinggroin

Banned
Can someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with my Nexus? Every now and then it decides to drop my data or WiFi and unless I disable WiFi/3G or put it into airplane mode, it refuses to reconnect. It's annoying.

Mine was chronically doing it yesterday. We'll see if it behaves today.

Just got my GNexus (GSM version) in yesterday, its such a huge jump from my POS LG G2X, can't believe I used that broken version of Gingerbread for so long. So what roms are everyone running? Any good tips on cases or batteries?

Been an iPhone guy since day one of the 1st gen. Tired the platform so I bought a nexus off the google play store last night. Def excited to try out jellybean and the android platform!

Please hit me with some recommendations for software, interface, etc if you have them!

Fox318

Been an iPhone guy since day one of the 1st gen. Tired the platform so I bought a nexus off the google play store last night. Def excited to try out jellybean and the android platform!

Please hit me with some recommendations for software, interface, etc if you have them!

PocketCasts is a must for podcasts.

DoggCatcher is good too.

womp

Why don't you guys just upload your pics to Google Picasa? Every GMail account already includes it. I've been using it for 6 years now and you can easily upload straight from your Android Gallery and keep all your pics in the cloud. Hell, it is one of the reasons I joined Team Android almost three years ago as it is. Whenever I open my Gallery, poof, my 10 years worth of photos, thousands of them in individual albums, just appear no matter which Android device I am on.

I usually do a batch upload every week or every other week of the pics I want to save.

Personally I don't bother with G+ instant upload because I have certain privacy parameters set up.

kehs

Banned
Why don't you guys just upload your pics to Google Picasa? Every GMail account already includes it. I've been using it for 6 years now and you can easily upload straight from your Android Gallery and keep all your pics in the cloud. Hell, it is one of the reasons I joined Team Android almost three years ago as it is. Whenever I open my Gallery, poof, my 10 years worth of photos, thousands of them in individual albums, just appear no matter which Android device I am on.

I usually do a batch upload every week or every other week of the pics I want to save.

Personally I don't bother with G+ instant upload because I have certain privacy parameters set up.

Picasa is just a different front end for G+ photos, now btw. They'll eventually kill picasa.

Futureman

Submarino Conversível;40575816 said:
That's why I activated automatic photo upload on Dropbox. And they give 500MB extra just for doing that.

No more using cables to grab the photos from the phone.
yeah, i have that and google+ set up to do that, but sometimes it just doesn't happen right away...

smh

As long as its auto upload there is no limit

because they get resized to 2048 max length and recompressed

Oozer3993

not working here. I'm on a stock, unrooted VZW Nexus and when I go to the link in the Engadget article, it won't let me select my Nexus when I try to download Wallet.

and to the people above, if you back up photos/vids on G+, they are set as private unless you specifically change it.

edit: apk posted in the comments section.... http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31541-new-google-wallet-update-08012012/

I think you're supposed to go to the link on your phone. I don't know if the web end has been updated yet.

No? Direct link me an instant upload photo of yours originally taken in a higher quality.

this isn't some new revelation, and it's also why i have dropbox upload enabled. i also manually upload to box, including splitting large videos into 95MB rar files for box due to the 100MB filesize limit.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAACGw/hWBkCdU2BIk/I/IMG_20120730_161051.jpg

Free storage limits

Photos up to 2048 x 2048 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won't count towards your free storage.

Automatic resizing

All photos uploaded in Google+ will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge) and won't count towards your free storage quota.

https://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1224181

kehs

Banned
this isn't some new revelation, and it's also why i have dropbox upload enabled. i also manually upload to box, including splitting large videos into 95MB rar files for box due to the 100MB filesize limit.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAACGw/hWBkCdU2BIk/I/IMG_20120730_161051.jpg

I'm seeing something totally different?

Free storage limits

Photos up to 800 x 800 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won't count towards your free storage.
Automatic resizing

All photos uploaded over the free size limit will count towards your 1 GB of free storage. When you reach your storage limit, any new photos you upload to Picasa Web larger than the free size limit will be automatically resized to 800 pixels (on their longest edge).

e: Just expanded the other section...derp.

womp

Picasa is just a different front end for G+ photos, now btw. They'll eventually kill picasa.

Considering they just started giving you the ability to buy more space for your Picasa gallery not too long ago, I doubt it is going anywhere. That still doesn't remove my point that you can upload en masse to Picasa (With more options) and everything runs together (G+ etc). Then again, I use Picasa for all my photos and not just my random smartphone pics too.

Plus you can download everything again later. Irregardless, it is a great back up tool to avoid the very issue the guy had earlier.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Hmm, I could have sworn you used to be able to edit the URL to get the full res photo. Used to change the S# part to S0.

Hmm, I could have sworn you used to be able to edit the URL to get the full res photo. Used to change the S# part to S0.

nope, viewing a smaller version and changing the s# to s0 or s2560 still displays 2048x1536

anything higher than 2048 doesn't increase the size, anything smaller resizes the long edge to the number entered

gcubed

Considering they just started giving you the ability to buy more space for your Picasa gallery not too long ago, I doubt it is going anywhere. That still doesn't remove my point that you can upload en masse to Picasa (With more options) and everything runs together (G+ etc). Then again, I use Picasa for all my photos and not just my random smartphone pics too.

Plus you can download everything again later. Irregardless, it is a great back up tool to avoid the very issue the guy had earlier.

i dont think he meant it will go away, just that picasa will turn into google photos, since they are the same thing (albeit, picasa has more features today)

lunchtoast

Going to get Xenon HD 6.0, but now that AOKP has nightlies now, I may be trying them out soon.

That topic is confusing. Says it's unofficial, but says it is. The official nightly thread on that forum is from a guy who isn't on the kang team list, and aokp.co has nothing about nightlies yet. Is it because they're still in very early stages or am I missing something.

kehs

Banned
I miss my GN guys. =(

I was messing with it earlier today again. dat screen, dat slim, dat butter.

JB was not meant to be on the NS.

reKon

Banned
That topic is confusing. Says it's unofficial, but says it is. The official nightly thread on that forum is from a guy who isn't on the kang team list, and aokp.co has nothing about nightlies yet. Is it because they're still in very early stages or am I missing something.

I have no idea what they are trying to do here, but yes the nightlies are official compiled by the AOKP team even though it's not on aokp.co. It's probably all leading up to a point where they have all the features in and it's primarily bug free.

Emily Chu

Banned
when the heck is AOKP JB stable gonna come out ?

yeesh I'm still on ICS AOKP Milestone 6 for what seems to be like 4 EVER NOW.

although the sweet sweet ics+ browser is still here and flash is still supported
for now...

JordanKZ

Here's a tip:

Don't drop your Galaxy Nexus. I did, from 5 foot onto solid concrete. Some how, I have no idea how it was externally completely perfect. Not a scratch on the screen or casing.

But now every time the thing vibrates it sounds like the screen or something else is vibrating. I opened it up and took a look and I can't see any physical issues or something loose. So I can only assume the vibration motor is a little knackered. Ah well. Just glad it didn't completely smash.

Top Bottom