• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Revenant

You can auto-flash his kernel or leankernel using his application. It also allows you control almost every aspect of the kernel and gives you abilities such as under/overclocking and ability to change the gamma and contrast of your screen, manipulate the max volume levels, and many other things.

alright perfect, thanks I appreciate it.

kinggroin

Banned
Anyone know how to fix the following in CNA:

BMWj9.png

The bottom part of the ring gets cut off because the unused space from the navbar is there.

Gunsmithx

quick question cause I'm a big confused about how this works, I've unlocked and rooted my vzw galaxy nexus and flashed the jb ota. If I want to try one of the kernals for better battery life, etc do I need to also move to custom rom like CM or something of can I just download the app off the google play store and do it on the stock rom?

Piano

Banned
Tried it. The ring position just adjusts without the navbar and still gets cut off by the bezel.

So, its probably a ROM thing (didn't have this issue with aokp back on ics).

Really? As far as I can remember, it's always been like that, both ICS and JB. I'm on XenonHD right now and it gets cut off by the nav bar.

Is there a way to change the SMS notification sound? I checked everywhere and I cant find the option

Xenon ROM btw.

Check the settings within the messaging app, I believe.

kehs

Banned
Canada beating out Verizon it seems.

Great news for those Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners living in the Great White North. Reports are flying in that the update to Android 4.1 has commenced for Canada, and it isn’t an incident isolated to a single service provider. Folks with TELUS, WIND, Fido, and Rogers have all chimed in to let us know they have received Jelly Bean on their pure Google handsets.

http://phandroid.com/2012/09/12/canadian-galaxy-nexus-users-reportedly-receiving-jelly-bean-update/

beat

Yeah, even my Rogers phone - which had the updates handled by Samsung (or maybe Rogers), not Google - got the update today. Which surprised me because they never got around to updating us to 4.0.4 and 4.0.5.

Anyways, I like this phone, but the complete fuckupery of having to wait for someone besides Google to update the OS - for a NEXUS device, the one that's supposedly pure Google! - means I will switch to iPhone as soon as it's T-Mobile compatible, or maybe I'll just switch to Virgin.

3phemeral

That's strange. Xenon HD has always been nice giving me the best performance out of any rom I used.

I just got Codename Android 3.5 and I'm pretty sure that this rom nearly has everything I need. I feel like I don't need to clean flash anything else. I hopefully with 3.5.1 I can just dirty flash that. They added the torch back and it works with the power toggles (but it's still buggy if you use AOKP toggles).

I've even found extra goodies such as the stop watch and timer and quickly replies straight from the status bar. I'm assuming that they've just been merging everything that CM 10 as been implementing. The only thing I would possibly want now is maybe facebook sync and the ability to have those new camera features + uploading to picasa with the single GAPPS.
Yeah, everyone is reporting excellent performance, but no matter what I did, I just couldn't get my phone to stop stuttering. There would be these really annoying lags that would effect everything, and keyboard performance was especially irritating. Not sure if it was a bad install, but if that were the case, then it must be a CWM recovery issue. I'm happy with the minimally modified AOSP though. Battery life is also excellent.

I had a similar issue with my TF101. I was thinking it was the fact that it was a sbk1 b7 revision because my B5 tf101 (which suffered a horrible accident) had no issues flashing anything. It turns out that the build for CWM was just buggy, so I switched to another recovery and magically ROMs started working without a hitch. CWM would screw up my mac address/bluetooth and it was incredibly frustrating.

reKon

Banned
Yeah, everyone is reporting excellent performance, but no matter what I did, I just couldn't get my phone to stop stuttering. There would be these really annoying lags that would effect everything, and keyboard performance was especially irritating. Not sure if it was a bad install, but if that were the case, then it must be a CWM recovery issue. I'm happy with the minimally modified AOSP though. Battery life is also excellent.

I had a similar issue with my TF101. I was thinking it was the fact that it was a sbk1 b7 revision because my B5 tf101 (which suffered a horrible accident) had no issues flashing anything. It turns out that the build for CWM was just buggy, so I switched to another recovery and magically ROMs started working without a hitch. CWM would screw up my mac address/bluetooth and it was incredibly frustrating.

Now that I think about it, there's a chance that you got the 700 mhz bug. If you do experience that then the performance is so atrocious that you are certain that there's something wrong. I don't know if it was that bad for you, but I assure you that these custom roms run as smoothly as AOSP

kinggroin

Banned
Now that I think about it, there's a chance that you got the 700 mhz bug. If you do experience that then the performance is so atrocious that you are certain that there's something wrong. I don't know if it was that bad for you, but I assure you that these custom roms run as smoothly as AOSP

Yes!

I've gotten the 700mhz bug myself. I was wondering why the phone incredibly sluggish out of nowhere.

I flash to airkernel and set my minimum and maximum CPU frequency to 1800mhz.

I get about 36 minutes of screen on time, but its sooooo smooth now.

gcubed

Yes!

I've gotten the 700mhz bug myself. I was wondering why the phone incredibly sluggish out of nowhere.

I flash to airkernel and set my minimum and maximum CPU frequency to 1800mhz.

I get about 36 minutes of screen on time, but its sooooo smooth now.

lol

3phemeral

Hmm, I'll look into that.

Malo

Banned
I have the 700 mhz bug as well and its really annoying.

Sumidor

Getting so frustrated with GN/Verizon... First my phone won't charge, unless it's plugged into a computer. Then they send me a replacement, and the antenna on it sucks, and I can't get any reception whatsoever.

kinggroin

Banned
Getting so frustrated with GN/Verizon... First my phone won't charge, unless it's plugged into a computer. Then they send me a replacement, and the antenna on it sucks, and I can't get any reception whatsoever.

I went through 4 pre-owned certified like new Nexii until I finally gave up.

Futureman

do certain USB cables not go in far enough or something? I could not charge my Nex with my friend's Droid 3 charger or her Kindle charger.

daoster

So when can we expect new Nexus leaks and rumours? We only got the Xperia Nexus on DoCoMo so far, no?

Nexus phones are usually announced when they have big upgrade to the OS right? (Nexus S > Gingerbread, Galaxy Nexus > Ice Cream Sandwich, Nexus 7 > Jellybean).

Seeing to how Jellybean has been pretty recent, and we haven't even heard much about Key lime Pie, should we even expect another Nexus announcement this year?

Cudder

Nexus phones are usually announced when they have big upgrade to the OS right? (Nexus S > Gingerbread, Galaxy Nexus > Ice Cream Sandwich, Nexus 7 > Jellybean).

Seeing to how Jellybean has been pretty recent, and we haven't even heard much about Key lime Pie, should we even expect another Nexus announcement this year?
I'm so happy with my GN that I don't even care if they skip out on a Nexus device this year.

I just took my white GN out of its case that its been in for months. LAWD it's the sexiest device I've ever owned.

kehs

Banned
I get to handle the GN every couple of weeks, lordy lordy do I miss it such a great feeling phone and so smooth.

=( I'm thinking of buying it again.

The ergonomics, that bulge, that subtle curve, the use of lights. Not sure if it's that new toy smell, but the ergonomics and look of the phone are amazing. Dat curve, and those sleet dimensions. It feels so nice in my pocket and it's great in my hand.

kehs

Banned
Using a Nexus S at the moment, thought having both a GN and N7 was overkill so I gave it to my pops and he took the GN.

-GOUKI-

I'm having a weird problem. My phone used to say the weather of Ottawa when i ask it for the weather but lately it defaults to the weather of Ontario...Anyone else have this problem?

So I just got my galaxy nexus and it looks like I got a faulty model. The screen has a weird graininess to it (almost like lines) but I dunno if that's how its supposed to be or not.
It's most noticeable on white/black backgrounds, looks almost like dried paper.

EDIT: It shall return to Amazon. If the second one is similarly defective, I'm giving up.

kinggroin

Banned
So I just got my galaxy nexus and it looks like I got a faulty model. The screen has a weird graininess to it (almost like lines) but I dunno if that's how its supposed to be or not.
It's most noticeable on white/black backgrounds, looks almost like dried paper.

EDIT: It shall return to Amazon. If the second one is similarly defective, I'm giving up.

Wait! That's not a defect, but a side effect of OLED. Increase the brightness a little and watch it disappear.

Futureman

why does the keyboard not show suggestions for words sometimes? Like if you click the google search bar on the main screen and type.... you don't get the word suggestions like if you are in Gmail or Chrome.

I had the ICS keyboard when I had a Droid X and it did this... I always thought it was some Froyo bug.... but NO.

kehs

Banned
why does the keyboard not show suggestions for words sometimes? Like if you click the google search bar on the main screen and type.... you don't get the word suggestions like if you are in Gmail or Chrome.

I had the ICS keyboard when I had a Droid X and it did this... I always thought it was some Froyo bug.... but NO.

Depends on the type of text field. If the text field is something like "username" they won't provide correction.

Combination of OS and codes on pages.

Husker86

Same reason it doesn't show suggestions in the URL input field; some fields are more likely to have words that are not recognized as actual words, so suggestions/autocorrect turn off.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Yeah... Why haven't we heard about KLP yet? Don't we usually have some rumblings this time of the year? ICS was kept pretty secret. I was blown away by it.

Futureman

Depends on the type of text field. If the text field is something like "username" they won't provide correction.

Combination of OS and codes on pages.

that makes sense but I feel the google search box should give suggestions as you will usually just be typing words into it.

Cipherr

Yeah... Why haven't we heard about KLP yet? Don't we usually have some rumblings this time of the year? ICS was kept pretty secret. I was blown away by it.

Im wondering myself if it may slip into Q1 2013 this year lengthening the cycle a bit. Last year by this time I know for a fact I remember buzz about the next Nexus phone, and little bits of stuff slipping out like "no capacitive or hardware buttons". This year though, there isn't anything. I wonder if the Nexus 7 launch might push the next Nexus phone into 2013 and line them up for an eventual simultaneous launch of Nexus Phones and tablets in tandem from 2014 onward.

3phemeral

I flashed franciso kernel and it got rid of the bug.

I really want to try again after everyone is mentioning different kernels working for them, but im enjoying the battery life and overall usability on this mostly aosp ROM, so im afraid to redo it all over again. hah

reKon

Banned
Enjoying this extended battery (2100mAH). This is the second day using it, with moderate usage and decent reception (1 bar), but the majority of the day connected to Wifi:

Screenshot_2012-09-16-21-53-56.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-21-54-03.png

I've had this phone since December last year and the stock battery is still good, but the capacity has definitely gone down so purchasing another battery was worth it.

Top Bottom