• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Blackhead

Redarse
Enjoying this extended battery (2100mAH). This is the second day using it, with moderate usage and decent reception (1 bar), but the majority of the day connected to Wifi:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...7tArY/s533/Screenshot_2012-09-16-21-53-56.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...MyqN4/s533/Screenshot_2012-09-16-21-54-03.png

I've had this phone since December last year and the stock battery is still good, but the capacity has definitely gone down so purchasing another battery was worth it.

did you buy it online? link please

womp

I've used that extended battery since day one. Only mild heft added...gives you about another extra hour of power. Verizon was selling them for $25 shipped for a long time but it looks like they are back to $49 now.

Piano

Banned
Thinking of finally upgrading my Xenon v9.

So...
Codename Android 3.5 or AOKP Release 2?

Do either one of them afford the same level of control over the LED notification light that LightFlow did before it went into the shitter? I'm hoping to have different apps notify me with different color lights, and control it at the OS level.

Malo

Banned
Thinking of finally upgrading my Xenon v9.

So...
Codename Android 3.5 or AOKP Release 2?

Do either one of them afford the same level of control over the LED notification light that LightFlow did before it went into the shitter? I'm hoping to have different apps notify me with different color lights, and control it at the OS level.
Codename Android 3.5 is pretty good with that. I have light blue set for sms, red for missed calleds, white for voicemail, a darker blue for facebook, and purple for email.

Mrcapcom

So apparently simply moving your sim card from one phone to another, invalidates the warranty of the original device. Verizon btw.

I always thought it was whatever phone was on your line they would honor the warranty. So if i swapped another phone that was within the 1 year manufacturers warranty they would replace it. i.e if I swapped my galaxy nexus (still in 1 year warranty) with a SGS3 they would continue to replace that SGS3 under Manufacturers warranty but not the Galaxy Nexus because its not on my line technically.

derder

So I ordered the wrong batteries and I leave for Europe tomorrow. What's the best alternative for me to get replacement batteries while abroad?

Got my Galaxy Nexus and it's pretty great.
I don't really know what to do with it, but I like the google voice function for finding local whatnots and opening my gmail.

kinggroin

Banned
I always thought it was whatever phone was on your line they would honor the warranty. So if i swapped another phone that was within the 1 year manufacturers warranty they would replace it. i.e if I swapped my galaxy nexus (still in 1 year warranty) with a SGS3 they would continue to replace that SGS3 under Manufacturers warranty but not the Galaxy Nexus because its not on my line technically.

Rep told me that they only honor the warranty if the phone is still on the line it was originally activated on. By me moving my sim to my wife's S3 temporarily, my gnex warranty was voided. Even when put the sim back in.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I would just like to say that after using my GNex for a little over two months, it is by far the best smartphone I've ever owned (device history includes: iPhone 3GS, OG Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, iPhone 4S, Droid Razr Maxx).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I would just like to say that after using my GNex for a little over two months, it is by far the best smartphone I've ever owned (device history includes: iPhone 3GS, OG Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, iPhone 4S, Droid Razr Maxx).

Still the best on the market.

Anyways, when the hell is my 4G gonna taste Jelly Bean?

gutshot

LOQowl.png

TUDtzl.png

Fuck you, Verizon.

VPhys

Yes. I bought it (VZW version) shortly after the JB reveal and have it rooted and running JB ever since. I've had Bugless Beast on it since the end of July and couldn't be happier.

Sigh, I've tried to root my Verizon nexus. It's not as easy as some people make it out to be. I've been using smart phones since windows mobile 5.x and have successfully rooted many of those phones.

womp

Guys...really...just back up your phone data, pics, texts etc...unlock and root...install a custom recovery and then flash Codename Android 3.5 already. All this takes precisely 10-15 min to accomplish and is practically automated.

Verizon GNex over here that has been on Jelly Bean since freaking *June*.

This ain't some incremental update BS, Jelly Bean is like giving your GNex sex with ScarJo and it is your duty to give it to it anyway you can.

Install, and follow the prompts to bliss...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1400871

http://codenameandroid.com/

Fuck Verizon...After 13 years of VZW I am probably leaving at the end of my current contract - unlimited data or not.

gimmmick

Guys...really...just back up your phone data, pics, texts etc...unlock and root...install a custom recovery and then flash Codename Android 3.5 already. All this takes precisely 10-15 min to accomplish and is practically automated.

Verizon GNex over here that has been on Jelly Bean since freaking *June*.

This ain't some incremental update BS, Jelly Bean is like giving your GNex sex with ScarJo and it is your duty to give it to it anyway you can.

Install, and follow the prompts to bliss...

http://codenameandroid.com/

Fuck Verizon...After 13 years of VZW I am probably leaving at the end of my current contract - unlimited data or not.

for the 5 - 10 % of us that don't wanna root our phone, this is more of a hassle than a solution =\ I guess you can say I'm really out of the loop when it comes to android.

womp

for the 5 - 10 % of us that don't wanna root our phone, this is more of a hassle than a solution = I guess you can say I'm really out of the loop when it comes to android.

I don't see any reason not to. Completely reversible also. It is just basically turning on administrative rights on your phone and a feature, not a hack.

It is all good though.

Futureman

I don't see any reason not to. Completely reversible also. It is just basically turning on administrative rights on your phone and a feature, not a hack.

It is all good though.

I just don't really care about 4.1 that much. Looks nice. Butter UI and Now should be cool, but I'd rather just wait for Verizon. My phone is perfect now as it is.

Mrcapcom

On CNA 3.5.0 And for some reason I keep getting my 3G and 4G going crazy. Places where I used to have Solid 4G now have full bar 3G and it wont' switch back. If I toggle then it stays but then drops again. I flashed the latest radios and seems like its still doing it. I know it probally shouldn't be the rom but never had this issue till 3.5.0 CNA flashing CM 10 Nightly see what happens if that doesn't work then should I get a replacement from VZ? Or am I flashing something wrong for the Radios.

EDIT- Kernel Wise I tried latest nightly of Franco & Faux (which was already on there)

Hey, I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem but... the compass on my GN is just complete shit. It's never pointed in the right direction and is constantly flickering about randomly. It's a real shame because starmap was one of my favorite apps, and it seems like it worked 100x better on my old budget-ass lg optimus.

I tried doing the figure 8 motion thing to recalibrate, but it just ends up pointing and flickering in a new but equally false direction. I'm running AOKP with franco kernel, but I had the same problem on stock ICS before I flashed, so I guess it's a hardware issue and I'm just fucked...?

Can anyone help me out?

krzy123

Just tried this using the Google Services trick to force an update and no dice. What does that mean? I just have to hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones who is in the last roll-out groups?

for 4.0.4 i did the update trick like 20 times and then it worked.

I wish i read the news before i left for work :/ ... ... well maybe not ..

krzy123

Ok, I'm not screwing anything up by disabling and clearing Google Services, am I?

It will log you out of Google services. (ie. Talk, etc) I don't think it has any adverse long-term effects. It's been suggested as an update trick from way back. I've only used it for 4.0.4.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It will log you out of Google services. (ie. Talk, etc) I don't it has any adverse long-term effects. It's been suggested as an update trick from way back. I've only used it for 4.0.4.

Same, worked like a charm for 4.0.4.

Currently running the latest Codename Android nightly on my VZW GN. Sadly it looks like my job is requiring me to re-lock, unroot and return to stock if I want to continue accessing my work email on my phone.

What's the easiest way to do that. Not sure if I still have the backup from when I originally unlocked/unrooted.

kehs

Banned
Just tried this using the Google Services trick to force an update and no dice. What does that mean? I just have to hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones who is in the last roll-out groups?

That trick is more coincidental than anything.

Google rolls out the update by random groups every could of hours.

womp

Currently running the latest Codename Android nightly on my VZW GN. Sadly it looks like my job is requiring me to re-lock, unroot and return to stock if I want to continue accessing my work email on my phone.

What's the easiest way to do that. Not sure if I still have the backup from when I originally unlocked/unrooted.

Use this...

Make sure to back your pics, texts and data because it will wipe the phone.

I have a slowly dying G1(with extended battery pack, so it's like a dying brick) and I'm on a T-mo value plan... I really like the G1 keyboard, so I'm thinking about springing for the Galaxy Relay 4G(something like that) they they brought out recently since it's powerful and has a physical keyboard.

The Relay seems to be shipping with ICS... I don't know how quickly it'll get JB(or if at all), I'm kinda of new to these things.

The Nexus costs the same amount MSRP and would have JB, although I think the Relay has slightly better internals.

Should I go with the Relay or the Nexus? Or wait for next-Nexus?

kehs

Banned
I have a slowly dying G1(with extended battery pack, so it's like a dying brick) and I'm on a T-mo value plan... I really like the G1 keyboard, so I'm thinking about springing for the Galaxy Relay 4G(something like that) they they brought out recently since it's powerful and has a physical keyboard.

The Relay seems to be shipping with ICS... I don't know how quickly it'll get JB(or if at all), I'm kinda of new to these things.

The Nexus costs the same amount MSRP and would have JB, although I think the Relay has slightly better internals.

Should I go with the Relay or the Nexus? Or wait for next-Nexus?

The relay is $500, the GN is $350.

Top Bottom