• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
any rumors for Verizon Jelly Bean?

It's been leaked. If it's anything like what happened the 4.0.4 ICS leak, the leaked ROM will become the OTA ROM in a month or so. So you might as well upgrade now. It runs great for me, super Buttery smooth. I'm fine with the new radios, they didn't seem to change anything for me one way or the other in my areas.

It's been leaked. If it's anything like what happened the 4.0.4 ICS leak, the leaked ROM will become the OTA ROM in a month or so. So you might as well upgrade now. It runs great for me, super Buttery smooth. I'm fine with the new radios, they didn't seem to change anything for me one way or the other in my areas.

Welcome to almost two months ago.

I was having the wifi boot loop problem on my jb nexus last month but I fixed it by deleting all saved wifi networks and disabling the avoid poor connections option.

Should I be worried about any issues in the future? I would rather get a replacement before the warranty runs out.

Malo

Banned
I just got my sprint galaxy nexus and I love this phone. Can anyone recommend some roms? I'm running AreYouJellin right now.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Running the new radios here and they are definitely better. The 3G/4G hand off alone is *much* improved.
Loving the new radios also. Haven't been outside of the house much to test 3G/4G handoff, though, but anything is probably better than the drops and other issues I was having on the old ones.

Okay, I'm late to this party, and I'm sure the next nexus party will be starting soon... But I finally upgraded from my OG droid 1. Going from 2.2 to 4.0 is like going from windows 95 to windows 7, I'm floored by how far this OS has come.

Anyone have a recomendation on cases/screen protectors? I'm a giant F'n klutz.

I'm this close to actually buying this phone, but holding out until the end of september just in case they might announce a new nexus (and drop the price of the current one).

Am I being cautious or just a fool?

I'm this close to actually buying this phone, but holding out until the end of september just in case they might announce a new nexus (and drop the price of the current one).

If you check wirefly/amazon you may be able to get it for 50 bucks with a contract renewal.

gcubed

haha Verizon is a joke but to be honest fuck it. I doubt 4.1 will really change my day to day phone use much. Excited to get it soon though.

meh, it was a random post on one of the android blogs with no confirmation or follow up. The "Surprise! Its here tomorrow" is rarely ever true

Husker86

Well a new one will be announced, though maybe not this month. I'm hoping for another October announcement. I can't see them going much lower than the $350 unlocked price but it's possible. If you're talking about the contract price through carriers then the price will probably go lower until it's free eventually.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
haha Verizon is a joke but to be honest fuck it. I doubt 4.1 will really change my day to day phone use much. Excited to get it soon though.
Jelly Bean is a pretty awesome update, honestly. Project Butter has made me a believer.

Just install a custom ROM already :eek:

Well a new one will be announced, though maybe not this month. I'm hoping for another October announcement. I can't see them going much lower than the $350 unlocked price but it's possible. If you're talking about the contract price through carriers then the price will probably go lower until it's free eventually.

Yeah, I'm just considering getting it unlocked, and selling it down the line maybe if it's worth it (a year from now maybe). Here in the UK, it's either to pay 21.5 GBP per month 24 months (which adds up to 516), or buy it unlocked for 300GBP and get the same amount of data/minutes/texts for 7 GBP per month (which adds up to, over 24 months, 468 GBP.

So my phone is constantly rebooting no matter which rom I seem to use. anyone else have problems like that?
How's the battery level? I've had problems like the before with phones and the problem is that charging up with a computer is not enough to keep it from rebooting when the battery is low. For some reason it always wants to turn itself on when it gets enough battery and then it immediately shuts itself down again. Got to plug it into the wall for a while to get the battery back up.

gcubed

Flipping+table.gif

Fuck you Verizon

3phemeral

I finally gave up on Xenon HD and went for rooted stock and flashed some minor customization (power options, circle battery widget). So glad I did. No matter what version of Xenon HD I used, I got really crappy performance. Didn't matter what kernel or if it was set to full-power + performance options, performance was always super choppy -- especially noticeable when playing minecraft or Crystal Defenders. Misplaced blocks galore and lag galore.

Rooted stock based off the verizon leak is eons faster. Rarely any hiccup and games finally run as intended. I do miss the notification shade power widgets, but I've replaced those with 1x1 widgetsoid switchers and placed them on a second dock bar and it's almost as convenient.

Now I'm truly jelly.

reKon

Banned
I finally gave up on Xenon HD and went for rooted stock and flashed some minor customization (power options, circle battery widget). So glad I did. No matter what version of Xenon HD I used, I got really crappy performance. Didn't matter what kernel or if it was set to full-power + performance options, performance was always super choppy -- especially noticeable when playing minecraft or Crystal Defenders. Misplaced blocks galore and lag galore.

Rooted stock based off the verizon leak is eons faster. Rarely any hiccup and games finally run as intended. I do miss the notification shade power widgets, but I've replaced those with 1x1 widgetsoid switchers and placed them on a second dock bar and it's almost as convenient.

Now I'm truly jelly.

That's strange. Xenon HD has always been nice giving me the best performance out of any rom I used.

I just got Codename Android 3.5 and I'm pretty sure that this rom nearly has everything I need. I feel like I don't need to clean flash anything else. I hopefully with 3.5.1 I can just dirty flash that. They added the torch back and it works with the power toggles (but it's still buggy if you use AOKP toggles).

I've even found extra goodies such as the stop watch and timer and quickly replies straight from the status bar. I'm assuming that they've just been merging everything that CM 10 as been implementing. The only thing I would possibly want now is maybe facebook sync and the ability to have those new camera features + uploading to picasa with the single GAPPS.

So I imported the Galaxy Nexus a few weeks ago into NZ, and I'm using one of the local carriers with it. Will I ever get the Jelly Bean update? Or will I have to do it myself?

Dizzan

MINI Member
So I imported the Galaxy Nexus a few weeks ago into NZ, and I'm using one of the local carriers with it. Will I ever get the Jelly Bean update? Or will I have to do it myself?

Im in Australia.... just do it yourself. You'll be waiting forever and Google now is great

Odinson

Ordered a Nexus HSPA+ from Google last night. Got tired of my G2X always having to be restarted/being slow/acting up. Never again LG! This will be my second Nexus phone as I got the Nexus One when it first came out. Looking forward to the improvements made in JB.

Malo

Banned
That's strange. Xenon HD has always been nice giving me the best performance out of any rom I used.

I just got Codename Android 3.5 and I'm pretty sure that this rom nearly has everything I need. I feel like I don't need to clean flash anything else. I hopefully with 3.5.1 I can just dirty flash that. They added the torch back and it works with the power toggles (but it's still buggy if you use AOKP toggles).

I've even found extra goodies such as the stop watch and timer and quickly replies straight from the status bar. I'm assuming that they've just been merging everything that CM 10 as been implementing. The only thing I would possibly want now is maybe facebook sync and the ability to have those new camera features + uploading to picasa with the single GAPPS.
I'm using codename android 3.5 as well and I'm loving it. There's so many options and tweaks to mess around with, but like you said the only thing it's missing that I want is facebook sync.

CSSer

OMG BELL FINALLY GAVE US AN UPDATE WOOOOOOO.

Its 4.02, what does it do?

Fuck this country's crappy providers.

Same for Mobilicity on Friday. I got all excited for it, and saw 4.02 when it was done. Then I ended up updating it myself using those easy steps from xda

reKon

Banned
On CNA 3.4.1 I could set a custom led for facebook messenger. Now on 3.5 facebook messenger is the only app that disappeared from that list and now I can't set a custom led for it anymore, wtf.

What he said. Just flash yakju and you will get updates direct from google (I did it with help from this thread and xda tutorials).

I just got a Jelly Bean update without even doing anything. I did unlock my phone while at work today... but what wouldn't cause it would it?

reKon

Banned
Alright so I'm a little confused on Kernels. I want to try and use Franco Kernel to improve battery life and I found this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel&hl=en

is this going to give me what I need, or is this just some type of UI?

You can auto-flash his kernel or leankernel using his application. It also allows you control almost every aspect of the kernel and gives you abilities such as under/overclocking and ability to change the gamma and contrast of your screen, manipulate the max volume levels, and many other things.

Top Bottom