• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CaLe said:
Repeating my question since this thread is going so fast:

If I buy this in the US, will I be able to unlock it ?

How strict is Google with the unlocks, are they like Apple ?

Dude, nobody knows now. It'll be sold unlocked, definitely.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
kinggroin said:
Alright sold. Its pretty much Android (almost) perfected.

JUST YOU WAIT TILL JELLYBEAN!

It begins!

At least now I won't have a craving for an ice cream sandwich each time I hear about the next big Android update.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Very solid, nice new updates. Nice to hear it's going to be standardized across tablets and phones as well. I mean we already knew that, but it's still nice to hear again.

Wonder if the Nexus S gets ICS treatment

nib95

Banned
Not sold. The majority of features I've seen in iOS (though having them is nice) and the UI looked a little cluttered or complex, and slightly mish mashed in design or aesthetic. A few cool new additions though, and despite being 5mp only, camera looked solid. Guess UI responsiveness and battery will decide it for me, but the GPU inside is very disappointing.

The stories of still slightly laggy UI are very disconcerting, don't really see the benefits of hardware acceleration immediately.

SRG01

Kinitari said:
Very solid, nice new updates. Nice to hear it's going to be standardized across tablets and phones as well. I mean we already knew that, but it's still nice to hear again.

Wonder if the Nexus S gets ICS treatment

Probably sometime after GN gets released in November?

Shawsie64 said:
Whats Beam?

Beam is NFC tap-to-share on steroids.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
No pricing info, specific carrier (i.e. AWS?) support, and no demo of ICS on tablets. still a decent event though and I'm getting this device day one it's available for T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity.

It has a pentaband radio

Tuck

kinggroin said:
Alright sold. Its pretty much Android (almost) perfected.

JUST YOU WAIT TILL JELLYBEAN!

At this point, the only thing I want them to focus on is the UI. Feature-wise, it looks good.

J-Rzez

Bad_Boy said:
might be time to drop my droid 1. hopefully this new job comes threw next week so i can afford such things.

I'm with you. I still have the OG Droid, it's finally time to move on. ICS looks great, and the Prime looks killer too. Though I have to say that the RAZR looked good too, wonder if we'll see an announcement that it'll be running ICS day one now?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pctx said:
F the 4S, F the Razr, Galaxy Nexus is my next phone.

Was there ever any doubt? ;)

They had me at "Nexus."

Then they pulled me even tighter with "720p screen."

clav

zedge said:
It was inevitable.. anything that scrolls left or right now is fucking metro.. ugh.. Fuck MS
Dude. You don't even know what Metro is.

Swiping left/right is not a Metro-only thing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Copernicus said:
If you can't even say that that shit was a vast improvement over GB or HC you're god damn delusional.

Feature-wise: sure. Visual-wise: I think it looks much worse than Gingerbread.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
andycapps said:
You must not know many people. I know tons of people with Android phones.

My point was that almost none of them will be upgraded to 4.0. Unless the tons of people you know are all into ROMs.

Cipherr

Copernicus said:
If you can't even say that that shit was a vast improvement over GB or HC you're god damn delusional.

Seriously, some folks are ridiculous.

Clutter? Are you kidding me? Did you not see the full ability to condense condense condense to your hearts content via folders and the like? They did a damn fine job.

teiresias

OK, so what are the |OT|s resulting from this announcement:

Android Roboto |OT|
Android Panorama |OT|
Android Beam |OT|
Android Facial Unlock |OT|
Android Built-In-Screencap |OT|

what am I missing?

Hieberrr

GALAXY S

GALAXY S

GALAXY S

GALAXY S

GALAXY S

GALAXY S

GALAXY S

It must come to the Galaxy S! :( I guess I can always wait for a CM version of it :D

flsh

Banned
Can't wait for ICS. Hopefully a high end 4" phone comes in the next year that fully supports all the features for when the Nexus S doesn't cut it anymore.
A lot of complaints but it does seem that they really have gotten their shit together. Most of my complaints can be fixed with hacks, so I don't really care that much.

Circle T

Just tell me when Google, because you can have all my dollars. Looked excellent. Really like the all the little tweaks.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
teiresias said:

Android Roboto |OT|
Android Panorama |OT|
Android Beam |OT|

what am I missing?

Damn, someone's bitter!

teiresias said:

Android Roboto |OT|
Android Panorama |OT|
Android Beam |OT|

what am I missing?

Nah, we don't spam Android like those other people.

kinggroin

Banned
Copernicus said:

This is probably the most positive android related thread I've ever read on the forum. Not much delusion going on here friend-o

clav

Cipherr said:
Seriously, some folks are ridiculous.

Clutter? Are you kidding me? Did you not see the full ability to condense condense condense to your hearts content via folders and the like? They did a damn fine job.
My main problem with the ICS build is the small icon sizes on the selection screens.

What is up with that?

artist

Banned
teiresias said:

Android Roboto |OT|
Android Panorama |OT|
Android Beam |OT|

what am I missing?
Still wont top the amount of 4S threads. :p

kehs

Banned
Zefah said:
Feature-wise: sure. Visual-wise: I think it looks much worse than Gingerbread.

lol.

claviertekky said:
My main problem with the ICS build is the small icon sizes on the selection screens.

What is up with that?

I'm guessing the target areas are the same, just the icons smaller, they seemed spaces out well enough.

zedge

claviertekky said:
Dude. You don't even know what Metro is.

Swiping left/right is not a Metro-only thing.

YES I DO, I HAVE A GODDAMN LG OPTIMUS 7 FFS..

Its just anything now that has any sort of scrolling to the right or left and people are crying foul.

Cipherr

celebi23 said:
Damn, SDK hasn't been updated yet :/

t7QLT.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Copernicus said:

Lol at my opinion? Okay. It's obviously vastly more feature-rich, but I think the UI looks damn ugly.

Top Bottom