• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Orayn

irfan said:
Still wont top the amount of 4S threads. :p
iPhone 4S Antenna Band is Slightly Shinier, Has Differently Beveled Edge |OT|
Zefah said:
Lol at my opinion? Okay. It's obviously vastly more feature-rich, but I think the UI looks damn ugly.
What's so ugly about it?

kehs

Banned
planar1280 said:
They showed that you can access your notifications when your phone is locked. isn't that a privacy flaw?

I'm guessing it's only true if you have simple slide to unlock. If you have pin/facial, probably not.

brotkasten said:
Come on, it is really ugly.

In comparison to gingerbread? Seriously?

Pctx

Banned
Cipherr said:
t7QLT.png
BASED GOD AM REAL!!!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I still think Android 2.0 was probably the best-looking, most consistent and modern-looking version.

Honeycomb/ICS have to problem Windows 8 is having (but on an admittedly smaller scale) of mish-mash between the knew look and the old one.

Circle T

planar1280 said:
They showed that you can access your notifications when your phone is locked. isn't that a privacy flaw?
Just guessing here, but....

Settings --> Notifications --> Show on Lockscreen --> (uncheck)

rabhw

I will pay top dollar for this phone. Please just tell me where to buy and how much.

ICS looks incredible. Fuck the contrarians.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
J-Rzez said:
I'm with you. I still have the OG Droid, it's finally time to move on. ICS looks great, and the Prime looks killer too. Though I have to say that the RAZR looked good too, wonder if we'll see an announcement that it'll be running ICS day one now?
I wouldnt doubt it.

My biggest beef is that there are no keyboard phones with ICS/4G/Dual Core. Droid 3 came close, being the fastest keyboard phone but no 4G or ICS.

JoeFu

Banned
Love the lockscreen notification access, its my favorite thing about widget locker.

As an android user since the G1, I'm loving everything they showed.

clav

zedge said:
YES I DO, I HAVE A GODDAMN LG OPTIMUS 7 FFS..

Its just anything now that has any sort of scrolling to the right or left and people are crying foul.
Whoa calm down. :lol

Just laugh at those people then.

Vyer

Yeah, that was meh. Camera looks awesome, UI still pretty ugly, Data monitoring/alerts was great (too bad it's needed these days).

Did Bump and Pano have apps on the Android Market? They must be a little bummed tonight.

Phone is great.

However, no spec sheet or hard release dates in sight. They didn't even mention Verizon, which is odd given the emphasis on LTE. They only mentioned NTT docomo. WTF.

Malajax

I think I just might wait on this phone.

Still wondering what carrier it'll be for in the US. If I could get this for $200 I'll be there.

andycapps

Copernicus said:
If you can't even say that that shit was a vast improvement over GB or HC you're god damn delusional.

Seriously. Of all the complaints about it, consistency and making it non-boring seem to be the last things you could criticize it for. It looks fantastic. Can't wait to show my buddy at work last night that had a Pre and loved Web-OS. This definitely integrates some of the stuff they had going there with the flicking apps off the screen. The new higher res pictures and grids remind me of Google+ and the new direction they're going in for their web apps.

What actually scares me is how similar the OS is in a lot of ways to their other products. It's like Google is.. working together? Never thought that would be one of my impressions after this conference.

Totakeke

zedge said:
YES I DO, I HAVE A GODDAMN LG OPTIMUS 7 FFS..

Its just anything now that has any sort of scrolling to the right or left and people are crying foul.

Just because people are saying Metro doesn't mean they know what's Metro really about, you're getting upset over nothing.

gallery-share-lg.png

vs.

VFdfE.jpg

Blue neon!

Circle T

Video quality was total shit, with that giant LCD screen behind them. Thankfully, Google usually have preproduced videos ready for all the new features, which I'm guessing we'll see in short order.

Top Bottom