• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Shiggy

I'm not really into all the phone specifics, sorry. Would someone mind telling me what the advantages of the Nexus Prime are compared to the Galaxy S2? I don't really care about the larger screen as the S2 is already large enough for my pockets (otherwise I'd choose the Galaxy Note which is just as huge as my TI83 calculator ;) )

Puny little Tata Indica.

Shiggy said:
I'm not really into all the phone specifics, sorry. Would someone mind telling me what the advantages of the Nexus Prime are compared to the Galaxy S2? I don't really care about the larger screen as the S2 is already large enough for my pockets (otherwise I'd choose the Galaxy Note which is just as huge as my TI83 calculator ;) )
The big deal about the GN's screen isnt its size, per se, but rather its very high resolution given the screen size. 1280x720 at 4.65" gives you a sharpness comparable to the iPhone 4/4S but with much more real estate to work with. Besides the Note (which is more phablet than phone), the Galaxy Nexus will be the first commercially available 720p phone.

The real star of the show, however, is Ice Cream Sandwich. First phone out there to run Android 4.0 and guaranteed to be the first to receive all forthcoming updates. It's the same vital factor that makes all the Nexus products smart purchases (especially the N1 and GN).

ShdwDrake

Banned
Shiggy said:

Stock ICS and timely updates are the main draw.

Shiggy

Doesn't make it much easier to decide which phone to get...I don't want to stick to my E51 for much longer :D

nokia-e51.gif

From what I understand, the S3 is still a little of?

rozay

Banned
Shiggy said:
Doesn't make it much easier to decide which phone to get...I don't want to stick to my E51 for much longer :D

nokia-e51.gif

From what I understand, the S3 is still a little of?
Likely won't be widely available until next may or june.

Wanna see the music controls in notifications? and on the lockscreen? BTW been watching this vid and so far everything has been incredibly smooth. Dismissing web pages, notifications. Everything. This is what I want from Android. With the smoothness and UI overhaul there is very little left that any OS has over Android. If we start to see 3rd party devs using the new app templates then this is going to absolutely kick ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gZBz7IVpxdA#t=735s

Circle T

josephdebono said:
Waiting for the animation of earth compared to the sun compared to alpha centauri etc with the Nexus tweaked in.
A slow zoom out, showing the entire galaxy... which turns out to just be the galaxy Live Wallpaper playing on the G-Nex :p

SimleuqiR

OriginalThinking said:
Wanna see the music controls in notifications? and on the lockscreen? BTW been watching this vid and so far everything has been incredibly smooth. Dismissing web pages, notifications. Everything. This is what I want from Android. With the smoothness and UI overhaul there is very little left that any OS has over Android. If we start to see 3rd party devs using the new app templates then this is going to absolutely kick ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gZBz7IVpxdA#t=735s
Eeeeekkk! Watching this video and that back cover looks rather flimsy... Will keep watching.

kehs

Banned
gcubed said:
your own fault. we knew this, but you kept trying to fight the good fight, now you are upset by something we knew a few months ago because you couldn't accept it

The nexus prime is coming! It's gotta be...

>=|

Kaiken

Banned
Com'on! Give me a date already! OG Droid is ready to retire.
Just brought more flare to it by installing CM7. This should hold me until then. First pure google experience to the next. Exclusively on Verizon!

Paznos

Vyse The Legend said:
So, the official Verizon sign-up page went live, and uh...

Verizon-Wireless-SGN.png

Yeah... Exclusively from Verizon.
Oh exclusive? works for me, I'm sure the other carriers will get it early next year.

Oozer3993

claviertekky said:
Exclusive until May 2012 perhaps.

I remember someone posting a shot of the Verizon inventory.

That was a list of Minimum Advertised Prices and the lengths they would be in effect. It had nothing to do with exclusivity.

Paznos

Vyse The Legend said:
Maybe only the LTE version is exclusive!!!

Canada, don't fail me now. :(
I think your right, the only thing "exclusive" to Verizon will be the LTE versions the other carriers will get it especially t-mobile.

SimleuqiR

Davidion said:
Ugh, stupid Verizon.

Oh well, guess I can save money on not buying a phone this year.
Well, if I can't buy it unlocked in the good old USA I will skip the phone. Not going to pay shipping cost, duty and taxes. And I sure as hell ain't selling my soul to Verizon.

I'll get my ICS fix from my Transformer and keep using my NexusOne for a bit longer.

Davidion

SimleuqiR said:
Well, if I can't buy it unlocked in the good old USA I will skip the phone. Not going to pay shipping cost, duty and taxes. And I sure as hell ain't selling my soul to Verizon.

I'll get my ICS fix from my Transformer and keep using my NexusOne for a bit longer.

I have a G2, there a chance it'll get a port anyways.

I mean, I'm considering buying the phone but it really isn't some kind of urgent purchase.

kehs

Banned
SimleuqiR said:

Same here. Maybe I'll look for the asus padfone. Sorta been wanting a tablet for my house.

teiresias

Screw this BS, Google. Seriously, Google needs to make sure their flagship vanilla phones are available on every carrier. If I don't get this damn thing on Sprint in the next few months I'm going to be EXTREMELY pissed (yes, I might be iOS-pissed, I will go as far as to say that).

Akkad

Banned
Eat a bag of dicks Google, when my 4S gets here in a few weeks I'll be done with Android for good. Fuck, I'll start using Bing from now on.

ukas

teiresias said:
Screw this BS, Google. Seriously, Google needs to make sure their flagship vanilla phones are available on every carrier. If I don't get this damn thing on Sprint in the next few months I'm going to be EXTREMELY pissed (yes, I might be iOS-pissed, I will go as far as to say that).
None of them have been on every carrier. This one may be the first. Just not at the same time.

clav

teiresias said:
Sprint bet the company on the iPhone as it appears Sprint seems disinterested in getting any new phones.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Woohoo! Just signed up for my email updates from Verizon! :D
Gonna get so much spam.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Copernicus said:
May all your Android updates be blessed and pushed by Verizon instead of Google.
You really know how to push buttons.

adroit

Copernicus said:
Well, they're already doing it with Sprint and the Nexus 4G.
Do you mean Sprint is putting crapware on the Nexus 4G? I thought the Nexus phones were supposed to be "pure" (free of bloated garbage you can't even uninstall unless you root your phone).

If "Nexus" no longer means "free of crapware" then my interest in Nexus (and Android) is going to fall below zero. :(

Top Bottom