• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

eastmen

Banned
The phone looks nice but i'm sick of andriod . I think i'm going to move on to windows phone 7. My two andriod experiances ( samsung moment and the epic 4 g from samsung ) have left a sour taste in my mouth , its like i'm still running windows mobile 5.0 .

Thankfully I got a year on my contract left before i make a choice (and hopefully sprints lte service is up and running then)

gcubed

adroit said:
Do you mean Sprint is putting crapware on the Nexus 4G? I thought the Nexus phones were supposed to be "pure" (free of bloated garbage you can't even uninstall unless you root your phone).

If "Nexus" no longer means "free of crapware" then my interest in Nexus (and Android) is going to fall below zero. :(
The only thing on the sprint nexus is swype. He meant that sprint pushes the updates, not google

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
tfur said:
So I take it from the outrage that Verizon does not do unlocked phones?

You'd have an easier chance getting blood from a rock.

No worries here though! *pre-ordered GSM version*

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So are they just gonna put the order page up hella randomly? Weak.. and today that jurassic park poster goes on sale randomly too.

gcubed

i dont believe the 10th launch day thing. I'm willing to believe pre-order on the 10th, sell on the 17th, i just dont see them launching two big phones on the same day

Pctx

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
OMG, that's shit. Pentile!!!!!!!! RAGGGEGEGGEGEGE!!!!!!!!

Am I doing it right?

Anyway, Amazon UK corrected the Galaxy Nexus listing.

It's now listed as £549.99, coming November 17th.

It looks like Verizon will get it first on the 10th.
uk_rubbish._V192258769_.gif

So is that confirmed to be the GSM version?

JonnyBrad said:
There had better be a fucking 32GB version in the UK. I'm not buying it if the 16gb version is the only one available.

Pretty sure the 32GB is USA exclusive. Now that I've sorted out a decent contract plan with 5GB of data I'm going to keep most of my music online through Google Music. Won't be needing much of that 16GB except for video which is what I'm going to start doing more of.

JonnyBrad

OriginalThinking said:
Pretty sure the 32GB is USA exclusive. Now that I've sorted out a decent contract plan with 5GB of data I'm going to keep most of my music online through Google Music. Won't be needing much of that 16GB except for video which is what I'm going to start doing more of.

Total farce if so. I'm not trading in my gs2 for a phone with only 16gb.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
eastmen said:
The phone looks nice but i'm sick of andriod . I think i'm going to move on to windows phone 7. My two andriod experiances ( samsung moment and the epic 4 g from samsung ) have left a sour taste in my mouth , its like i'm still running windows mobile 5.0 .

Thankfully I got a year on my contract left before i make a choice (and hopefully sprints lte service is up and running then)

LOL Windows 5? Really?

jayb

JonnyBrad said:
Total farce if so. I'm not trading in my gs2 for a phone with only 16gb.

don't all GS2's only have 16gb? or are you referring to the sd card slot? does the GN not have an sd card slot?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This whole release has been such a joke. I'd rather not know anything until everything is ironed out. Trickling stuff in is obnoxious.

Real artists ship.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I was just thinking I really need to know the price like yesterday.

SimleuqiR

Galaxy Nexus is slated to arrive on UK retailers' shelves this coming November 17th. If you've had your eye on this Android 4.0 flagship, you can always sign-up for a subsidized handset on Vodafone, O2 and 3UK -- its intended HSPA+ carrier homes. Or, if you like your Google experiences pure and contract free, hit up the source below to pre-order it with no strings attached.

Fuck! you guys have it go over there don't ya!?

I fucking hate the telecom industry in the USA.

kehs

Banned
OriginalThinking said:
Hmmmmm. There has to be a drawback to this offer somewhere, but I can't quite see it.

It's mostly chocolate made from conflict cocoa =(

Zombie James said:
ThDd9.jpg

Ugh. PenTile is the worst thing ever.

Funny thing is the Pentile appears to be delivering cleaner fonts.

SimleuqiR said:
Fuck! you guys have it go over there don't ya!?

I fucking hate the telecom industry in the USA.

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Did you know that you can get a GalaxyS2 on a 24 month contract for as little as $37 dollars a month? The phone is free, you get 300 mins to any network and landlines, 5000 texts, 1 gig internet (OK interweb is paltry). Plus in the UK you never pay for incoming calls or texts. A lot of other stuff is mores expensive tho. Oh and we get universal free healthcare at the point of access! Woo-hoo!

I went for the slightly more expensive option of $45 dollars per month to get 5gig of data. Plenty for my usage.

Plus I get half price contracts from my work so It's actually only costing me $22.50. Oarsum.

Zombie James said:

Ugh. PenTile is the worst thing ever.

So the only issue with Pentile is a green tint when ridiculously close? Like you have your face in the phone? That R kicks the IPhones butt. It's so sharp I could shave with it.

Mordeccai

With the release of the phone coming up, I'm torn. On contract, I can get the 4S 100 bucks cheaper with the same amount of storage (If no 32 gig model is available)

I really don't know if I want to drop the extra 100 bucks on this phone. Like, I can't decide if it'd be worth it to have the brand new Nexus or not.

Why do phones gotta be so expensive :[

JonnyBrad

jayb said:
don't all GS2's only have 16gb? or are you referring to the sd card slot? does the GN not have an sd card slot?

It has no SD slot. 32GB is the min I could work with without one. (on my gs2 i use the sd card for my music)

16gb only would be no sale for me.

Copernicus said:
Funny thing is the Pentile appears to be delivering cleaner fonts.

I does. I don't know, maybe the higher resolution will help offset the negative effects. Based on my personal experiences, I'm just not a fan of PenTile.

Top Bottom