• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge |OT| I just had six, and it felt so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
So, I just got an S6 through work (woo!), and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Gear VR? I'm really tempted, but $200 isn't exactly cheap. Anyone that's purchased one, would you say it's been worth it?

I feel my battery is getting worse. I'm at the point where I'm considering dumping the phone despite how good it is due to battery issues. Then again there's no flagship yet with good battery life.

Puggles

I was going to wait for the Note 5 but my Note 3 was giving me a bunch of issues. I picked up an S6 active and I love it so far!

3phemeral

If my next phone isn't a Galaxy S6, it may be an S7 if the Moto X 3rd gen doesn't pan out. Just posted in the Android thread about getting my mom an s6 to replace her old Droid Razr Maxx HD and absolutely was blown away by the night shots. Went to Universal Studios and took a few shots of the Simpson's-themed area using auto:

F8LTy2

ICIiiY

C4zXWb

I'm still tempted to go pick one up soon but I might be able to wait until the end of the year. My first gen Moto X has been acting like ass lately whereas it was running great after that factory reset I did 2 months or so ago.

oktarb

I recently purchased the S6 Edge. It was an upgrade from the S5. My girlfriend dropped her phone in the toilet. What better way to justify an upgrade? I've had itr about two weeks.

Go far I like it. Doesn't seem to have a ton of bloatware. It's lightning fast and feels cutting edge.

I can't ever seem to get the side bar swipe action to work so that's my biggest complaint. I love the night time clock side bar, just wish I could make it last 24 hours instead of their 12 hour battery saving lock down.

Anyone know any tricks to getting the side bar swipe action to work better?

jaypah

So, I just got an S6 through work (woo!), and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Gear VR? I'm really tempted, but $200 isn't exactly cheap. Anyone that's purchased one, would you say it's been worth it?

Only if you're absolutely nuts about VR. There's not a ton of content on the store yet and there's a newer version coming in the Fall I believe. I absolutely love my Gear VR but I wouldn't feel right reccomending it for $200. If you're ballin though have at it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
fml. water damage and phone wont turn on. tried rice and tried heat.

im okay with replacing my phone. but it just sucks ill lose all my pictures/video because samsung decided to not put an SD card inside or waterproof it.

if i could upgrade to an edge by just paying more on my insurance deductable id be satisfied. but damnnn.... fml

im okay with replacing my phone. but it just sucks ill lose all my pictures/video because samsung decided to not put an SD card inside or waterproof it.

if i could upgrade to an edge by just paying more on my insurance deductable id be satisfied. but damnnn.... fml
Pretty sure that Samsung put in Google Photos and OneDrive though.

Why aren't you auto backing up your photos and videos?

An SD card reader wouldn't do jack for your photos and videos if your phone was stolen or lost.

Setzer

So... When are we getting news about the Note 5?

Probably towards the Fall...that's around the time they launched the Note 4 last year. But I'll be passing on the Note 5 if the rumors about the non-removable battery and memory card are true.

Was looking to upgrade my LG G3 and tried out the S6 Edge...it's a nice enough phone, thought the curved edge display was a little gimmicky, definitely not worth the extra $100, imo. Battery life is horrible and coming from using a 5.5" display, I thought it was just too small, so I took it back and picked up the Note 4. Happy with my purchase so far!

Matty8787

I have a week left to decide wether or not to return mine and either get a replacement or go for the G4.

I have the pink/purple hue that seems to be common and also the loose home button.

Only trouble with returning it is EE have said I will be reverted back to my original tariff, the tariff I got with the phone I had to fight for basically as I threatened to leave for it.

Decisions...

UFO

Banned
Does anyone have suggestions for a good case with flaps that cover the charging port/headphone jack/ speaker? I don't need anything water proof, and I don't want anything that has a front screen. I just want to keep dust out of the ports.

I've know about life proof and otter boxes.

3phemeral

My Moto X's screen just bit a million bullets. I'm thinking about picking up an s6 tonight or tomorrow. For those of you who've played with the phone for a while, how happy are you with your purchase?

snacknuts

we all knew her
My Moto X's screen just bit a million bullets. I'm thinking about picking up an s6 tonight or tomorrow. For those of you who've played with the phone for a while, how happy are you with your purchase?
I jumped from a 2014 Moto X to the S6. Zero regrets.

Carnby

I've been using my s6 for over a month now and I don't regret my purchase. I love the seemless multitasking I can do. Sure there is occasional lag, but nothing more than half a second.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Got me a new s6 now. But im still weary about water damage. Gotta find me a nice waterproof case.

But im curious about that note 5 coming...

3phemeral

I jumped from a 2014 Moto X to the S6. Zero regrets.

I've been using my s6 for over a month now and I don't regret my purchase. I love the seemless multitasking I can do. Sure there is occasional lag, but nothing more than half a second.

Wonderful, wonderful. I just bit and bought a 64GB S6. The manager was able to keep my unlimited data too, so it's awesome. Everyone else here was just unwilling or had no authority to do so, so it's a good thing I upgraded my mom's phone to an S6 last month and had good chemistry with the manager there. I was able to give him a call and do everything over the phone, no problem. Since he's in Cali, though, I have to wait until Monday for them to deliver it. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom