• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge |OT| I just had six, and it felt so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_eX

Anyone else had their Mobile Data quicksetting icon disappear? Mine has gone and there seems to be no way to get it back :(

kitch9

Banned
Damn the window on my official S View fabric case has scratched the hell out of my 2 week old phones screen. They show up like crazy under artificial light.

Will Samsung do anything about it?

I've encountered a couple things which I think are bugs. I can't tell if it's Samsung or Google for these though.

1) If I toggle the volume to Off or Vibrate, it doesn't mute the media volume.

2) If I turn off notifications on the lock screen, if I get a phone call, I have to unlock the phone to answer it rather than being able to answer from the lock screen. It seems a bit silly that I can't remove the normal notifications but still answer phone calls.

Are there fixes to these issues?

Husker86

I've encountered a couple things which I think are bugs. I can't tell if it's Samsung or Google for these though.

1) If I toggle the volume to Off or Vibrate, it doesn't mute the media volume.

2) If I turn off notifications on the lock screen, if I get a phone call, I have to unlock the phone to answer it rather than being able to answer from the lock screen. It seems a bit silly that I can't remove the normal notifications but still answer phone calls.

Are there fixes to these issues?

Regarding #1, I'm pretty sure that's standard Android practice. Quick silence toggle only affects ringer/notifications.

#2 I have no idea.

Wreav

Banned
Twitter STILL won't let you choose your notification sound correctly on the S6.

FFS, they don't even have a legit support channel.

Anyone experience lag with the camera? It's not about the app coming up but how long after you press the button to take a pic. I've missed a couple shots because of it. Any fixes for this?

Got forced to buy a new phone through my carrier so I chose to jump from my S3 to the S6. I hate that there is no memory card slot in these and I could only get the 32gb model sigh. I hope everything else is better.

Wreav

Banned
Got forced to buy a new phone through my carrier so I chose to jump from my S3 to the S6. I hate that there is no memory card slot in these and I could only get the 32gb model sigh. I hope everything else is better.

The S3 is garbage in every regard these days, you'll live.

Husker86

Anyone experience lag with the camera? It's not about the app coming up but how long after you press the button to take a pic. I've missed a couple shots because of it. Any fixes for this?
It has always been effectively instant for me. Is this happening in low light situations? The only time there is a delay for me is in really low light situations when the flash is on and it has to do that pre flash focus thing. I probably only take 15-20 pictures a week though, so my sample size isn't large.

I have noticed the double tap home when screen is off taking a second or two longer to pull up the camera, though (I know you said that's not what you mean).

It has always been effectively instant for me. Is this happening in low light situations? The only time there is a delay for me is in really low light situations when the flash is on and it has to do that pre flash focus thing. I probably only take 15-20 pictures a week though, so my sample size isn't large.

I have noticed the double tap home when screen is off taking a second or two longer to pull up the camera, though (I know you said that's not what you mean).

Nope, this was outside in bright sunny weather. It's not consistent either. Sometimes it's reasonable but other times it can be a second or two after I press the button. This is both with the on screen button or using the volume button.

I've also noticed, like you, that double tapping home when the screen is off can take longer. I've also noticed if you were in the camera really recently, the double tap home will bring up the camera quicker too.

So me and my gf have been experiencing extreme lag and slow down since the 5.1 update w/ T-Mobile, it also take a few min to receive signal when we leave our home WiFi. Anybody else getting this?

Persona7

Banned
So me and my gf have been experiencing extreme lag and slow down since the 5.1 update w/ T-Mobile, it also take a few min to receive signal when we leave our home WiFi. Anybody else getting this?

Yes. I have also seen other people talking about those same issues on the internet. I first noticed it yesterday.

Got an S6 Edge today. Seems cool so far but it seems to have the ghosting issue that I had on my S4. Can you guys browse mobile gaf with the dark theme without any ghosting?

newsguy

Hey guys, so I'm one of the unfortunate ones that has both the Comcast XB3 modem/router and a GS6. Apparently they don't play well together, something about IPv6. Basically my 60mbps Internet performs like shit on my lollipop devices. The only fix for this right now is to download DNSET from the app store. Anyone having this same issue? Now the issue is that I can't send texts out when I have DNSET active. Wtf

Chanser

Hey guys, so I'm one of the unfortunate ones that has both the Comcast XB3 modem/router and a GS6. Apparently they don't play well together, something about IPv6. Basically my 60mbps Internet performs like shit on my lollipop devices. The only fix for this right now is to download DNSET from the app store. Anyone having this same issue? Now the issue is that I can't send texts out when I have DNSET active. Wtf

Convert your router into modem mode only and buy a new router?

Nah, that's still an issue with AMOLED.

OK cool. It was only ever an issue with blacks and other very dark colours interacting. Not a big deal.

Is there a way to organise stuff in the app drawer alphabetically? I looked it up and it seems like the option is limited to US carriers for some ungodly reason. I don't have the A-Z button when I go to edit. Is there another way to go about it?

How is it taking samsung so long to Solve the ram issue. Having my phone freeze and constantly close apps is frustrating. I couldn't even open the fucking phone app without it freezing fit like 10 seconds.

idwl

So I'm getting an s6 in a few days. I wanted to get the edge but it's 260usd more in my country than the normal s6.
Just wanna ask about the colors. I know the black/blue is the safe option but how are the white and gold ones? I've heard the gold ones are too flashy?

Have had the phone since launch and the biggest gripe is the memory issue. It's unfortunate because aside from that the phone is a pleasure to use. I just hate that when I try to unlock the phone is literally hangs for 2-3 seconds before unlocking and god forbid i'm opening directly into an app it just freezes and hangs some more. Please fix this.

Shepard

So I'm getting an s6 in a few days. I wanted to get the edge but it's 260usd more in my country than the normal s6.
Just wanna ask about the colors. I know the black/blue is the safe option but how are the white and gold ones? I've heard the gold ones are too flashy?

Gold looks just like a mirror that doesnt show your reflection, that's the best way to describe it. Black (mine) looks awesome when you get the subtle blue reflection, but collects fingerprints like a mofo. Still think it is the most beautiful of the three.

Also, strangely, I never experienced any memory issues with mine.

I love the gold one. It actually looks more silver than gold at times. It is indeed flashier than the black or white, but I think that's kind of the point. I think it looks classy.

Husker86

How is it taking samsung so long to Solve the ram issue. Having my phone freeze and constantly close apps is frustrating. I couldn't even open the fucking phone app without it freezing fit like 10 seconds.
It's pretty pathetic. The Audible app will often get killed after I pause it. I'll go to start playing again and notice the notification with controls is gone; headphone controls won't start it back up either.

My Nexus 5 on lollipop has less memory issues.

Material Theme Available For The Samsung Galaxy S6 And S6 Edge, Looks More Like Lollipop And Less Like Touchwiz

ZMp6TkC.png

5PyF8E3.png

showing up now in the US theme store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom