• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

The wights still behaved like they did in Hardhome, they fell mindlessly into the icy lake.
As far as wights are concerned it's consistent.

The bear attack was odd though, Hound aside the rest waited far too long to kill it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's not that they run at superhuman speed but they just run pretty damn fast and don't get tired. Like has been said, with Thoros and the Wight, they would've gotten eaten less than a minute into their sprint.

Vashetti

Banned
Spectacle wise that bear fight is great.

But choreography and actually making sense, it's a mess. Why are they only attacking one at a time? Why do they keep disappearing?

FiggyCal

Banned
It's not that they run at superhuman speed but they just run pretty damn fast and don't get tired. Like has been said, with Thoros and the Wight, they would've gotten eaten less than a minute into their sprint.

But it's not like they knew running in that area would cause the ice to break and give them shelter on an island. They just got lucky that happened. It could have just as easily been a dead end.

Dead wight I'll see myself out

clapping.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
But it's not like they knew running in that area would cause the ice to break and give them shelter on an island. They just got lucky that happened. It could have just as easily been a dead end.

Aren't essentially saying that they wouldn't be able to outrun them, though?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Exactly. They didn't know they were heading towards a lake. No lake and they get caught either way if the zombies are that fast. So why run the opposite way from the wall?

SiteSeer

Spectacle wise that bear fight is great.

But choreography and actually making sense, it's a mess. Why are they only attacking one at a time? Why do they keep disappearing?

yea, unfortunately the idea of the zombie bear fight was better than the execution of it.

The real question is why didn't they bring horses if they knew they were gonna be carrying cargo? Is it too cold for them? Is Benjen's horse a special ice horse?

Season 7 needed Miguel Sapochnik. :[

You know what. I agree...To some extent.

He himself said that he does what DnD want and he has to get their approval if he wants to add stuff and apparently it's quite hard for them to agree to anything.

Yeah, he directed a few of the best episodes not only in the show, but in TV.

But he also direct The Gift, which is pretty mediocre. It's the bad pussy episode.

He did an amazing job with what he had, but what if all of this falls on DnD? He might not have been able to make much of a difference, if at all.

Edit: You know what, I'm wrong in thinking that because a true fan and passionate director would have done what it takes to make it right...and I think he would have.

Vashetti

Banned
You know what. I agree...To some extent.

He himself said that he does what DnD want and he has to get their approval if he wants to add stuff and apparently it's quite hard for them to agree to anything.

Yeah, he directed a few of the best episodes not only in the show, but in TV.

But he also direct The Gift, which is pretty mediocre. It's the bad pussy episode.

He did an amazing job with what he had, but what if all of this falls on DnD? He might not have been able to make much of a difference, if at all.

?

'Bad pussy' is 5x10 "Mother's Mercy"

Like, what exactly was their plan? They completely lucked out in finding a lone white walker squad that just happened to also have one wight that wasn't under that WW's thrall. Shouldn't they go in assuming they'll be going up against a large horde? What happens when they get the wight in the middle of combat? They should have brought horses for a quick extraction.

FiggyCal

Banned
I guess if Benjen's horse is just a regular horse, it isn't too cold to have horses that far north. And they should have done it. I'm sure Dany had a few horses she didn't need.

Heshinsi

I guess if Benjen's horse is just a regular horse, it isn't too cold to have horses that far north. And they should have done it. I'm sure Dany had a few horses she didn't need.

You want to tell 10 Dothraki dudes they need to give up their horses because Snow King wants to go boogeyman hunting in the far north?

They're not zombies.

It was a joke.
fun fact though, the zombies in this show are technically more accurate to the original zombie than most other zombie fictions, which depict as either dead or infected people that lost their minds and eat and attack other people.

iirc, zombies were originally dead people brought back to life to do their masters' bidding, which is exactly what the zombies in this show are.

FiggyCal

Banned
You want to tell 10 Dothraki dudes they need to give up their horses because Snow King wants to go boogeyman hunting in the far north?

I don't want to be the one doing it, but if Khaleesi asked...

Plus I'm pretty sure they took the remaining horses from the Lannister side of the Loot Train attack. They had a few extra. I wonder if that's what the dragons have been eating.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-17_at_5.05.52_PM.png

Love this image. Artist said he's gonna do a Queen card for Dany/Cersei as well.

As someone who never grew up on Star Wars, and didn't really get into Harry Potter, GoT is the first big media-thing I love, and now I want to buy themed things of its kind

Deck of cards, a chess set, video games... Patiently waiting for a video game, and I wonder if there are any online shops where I can buy cards/chess sets

Heshinsi

iTunes is missing the track, "no one walks away from me." They list up to #24, but there's actually only 23 songs :(

Edit: I'm an idiot. It showed up in my library lol

Loving The Queens Justice from the soundtrack right now. Amazing rendition of Rains of Castamere.

Still though, this years soundtrack is relatively weak in terms of new shit.

Gin-Shiio

The more I think about this last episode, the more sour I get. It's a blight on an otherwise superb season. I hope they end things on a high note.

duckroll

Yup.

I hope Ramin can come up with some unique stuff for the final season.

I was reading about the making of Winds of Winter, and apparently that amazing opening piano piece was something Sapochnik was directly responsible for. When editing the initial cut of episode, he picked this temp music piano piece he really liked and keyed the sequence to it, and submitted the cut to D&D expecting them to change it completely but he strongly suggested that the tone it set was just right. Instead of re-editing the scene, they got Ramin to do a piece that would match the tone and tempo the temp score set. Sapochnik was very happy.

Vashetti

Banned
I was reading about the making of Winds of Winter, and apparently that amazing opening piano piece was something Sapochnik was directly responsible for. When editing the initial cut of episode, he picked this temp music piano piece he really liked and keyed the sequence to it, and submitted the cut to D&D expecting them to change it completely but he strongly suggested that the tone it set was just right. Instead of re-editing the scene, they got Ramin to do a piece that would match the tone and tempo the temp score set. Sapochnik was very happy.

Light of the Seven is a fantastic piece.

It's the only piano piece used in the show.

Top Bottom