• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
A Lion's Legacy is some chest hair growing stuff. God I hate the Lannister but their themes are so legit.

I was the most active poster in the first OT, but not in this one.

Do you keep a running tally of the number of posts you make in the thread?

redfox088

Banned
I believe season 5,7,8 will go down as the "prequel" seasons. Star Wars ep 1,2,3. The hobbit. Too much fan services, to many callbacks, superficial writing,etc. thing is season 5 had Hardhome. Season 7 has Spoils of war. I really hope season 8 has at least one "top 10" episode.

Fanuilos

The Long Farewell harnesses that Light of the Seven goodness near the end. I like that it has become Cersei's theme beyond Castamere.

Astral Dog

Like, what exactly was their plan? They completely lucked out in finding a lone white walker squad that just happened to also have one wight that wasn't under that WW's thrall. Shouldn't they go in assuming they'll be going up against a large horde? What happens when they get the wight in the middle of combat? They should have brought horses for a quick extraction.
The whole plan was stupid way before that

speaking of plans...I've been wondering what Ned's original plan was for Jon. He sends Jon to the wall, tells him that the next time they meet they'll talk about his mother...what was his plan after that? Did he really just want his nephew to be stuck at the wall for the rest of his life and then go and tell him who he really was?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
If they could bring back Alex Graves and David Nutter along with Sapo the final season would be in great hands.

It would be nice to have GRRM contributing again too -- at least for the last episode.
I mean, with only 6 episodes, you'd think they could easily assemble the a-team of directors.

redfox088

Banned
speaking of plans...I've been wondering what Ned's original plan was for Jon. He sends Jon to the wall, tells him that the next time they meet they'll talk about his mother...what was his plan after that? Did he really just want his nephew to be stuck at the wall for the rest of his life and then go and tell him who he really was?
I think Ned knew the moment they got the raven blaming the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's death that he would most likely die in kings landing

duckroll

If they could bring back Alex Graves and David Nutter along with Sapo the final season would be in great hands.

It would be nice to have GRRM contributing again too -- at least for the last episode.

Not keen on Nutter. Alex Graves absolutely has to do the Mountain vs Hound episode though.

The script credits were announced last year. Dave Hill is doing ep1, Cogman ep2, D&D the rest.

I think Ned knew the moment they got the raven blaming the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's death that he would most likely die in kings landing
if he knew that, why would he try to keep things straight with the inheritance of the throne..like he tried to argue it belonged to Stannis after that, right? and his conversation with Varys in the cell didn't make it sound like he knew he would end up there.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That part early in "Spoils of War pt.1" where Drogon and Dany appear and then she says "Dracarys!"

giphy.gif

redfox088

Banned
if he knew that, why would he try to keep things straight with the inheritance of the throne..like he tried to argue it belonged to Stannis after that, right? and his conversation with Varys in the cell didn't make it sound like he knew he would end up there.
I think he knew it would end to that but he made the mistake of trusting Little Finger and underestimated how manipulative and dishonorable the Lannisters were. Plus he did not account for Roberts death. It killed his time to investigate JA's death and the legitimacy of The current heir.

I think he knew it would end to that but he made the mistake of trusting Little Finger and underestimated how manipulative and dishonorable the Lannisters were. Plus he did not account for Roberts death. It killed his time to investigate JA's death and the legitimacy of The current heir.
hmm...I think, maybe he knew that his life would become miserable once he went down there, but I don't think he could've predicted how fucked up things would happen after Jon Arryn died, with him as the replacement.

He didn't want to go, and he shouldn't have

Einchy

Einchy

Me too.

Sucks the season is over in a few days. Usually it feels like it's over before it even began and that's with long weekends off, this year though, it flew by.

We'd probably hit OT3 if this was a ten episode season.

But yeah, this season feels like it came and went in the blink of an eye.

I love the one Dany theme that plays during the final scene of season 6 and again when she arrives at Dragonstone at the beginning of this season.

Specifically this part.

And here at Dragonstone.

I can't remember if that's a motif from earlier in the series or if it was created for season 6.

It's been in the series since the first season.

It's probably the theme with the most versions, pretty sure there are a couple new ones each season.

Vectorman

Banned
Sounds like you guys really want a certain kinda of director for this: So who are the directors that you all want to do S8? Want to see their episodes. But yeah, they need to bring their A-game when they do this final season and a smart director that can improvise and better the script on set would be excellent.

for those trying to tell me "NO BOOK DISCUSSION ALLOWED" [when i've only read the first], regarding me referring to R'hllor [the lord of light's actual name], i serve you, some sweet, sweet crow:

rhllor.jpg

[Melisandre just showed up on a horse, they're meeting for the first time, they're speaking in high Valyrian as a means of "connecting" at first].

Sounds like you guys really want a certain kinda of director for this: So who are the directors that you all want to do S8? Want to see their episodes. But yeah, they need to bring their A-game when they do this final season and a smart director that can improvise and better the script on set would be excellent.

sapochnik, sapochnik, sapochnik, sapochnik.

Miguel Sapochnik, Neil Marshall, Alex Graves and David Nutter are my personal favorites.

Einchy

for those trying to tell me "NO BOOK DISCUSSION ALLOWED" [when i've only read the first], regarding me referring to R'hllor [the lord of light's actual name], i serve you, some sweet, sweet crow:

rhllor.jpg

[Melisandre just showed up on a horse, they're meeting for the first time, they're speaking in high Valyrian as a means of "connecting" at first].

It was more about you talking about other things related to the Lord of Light and Night King that have never been talked about in the show, so when you make those comparisons, it makes no sense unless you've read the books.

Atomic Odin

He didn't wanted Jon to be stuck at the wall, it was Jon's own choice. He just respected that and maybe because when Jon would finally takes his vows his claim would be null & void. That way even if anyone finds out in the future Ned could just say that the boy is harmless being at the wall, has no claim and the night watch is his family now (atleast he thought he could convince everyone with that IMO)

It was more about you talking about other things related to the Lord of Light and Night King that have never been talked about in the show, so when you make those comparisons, it makes no sense unless you've read the books.

yeah, you're still mostly right.

i was talking about the great other, who i'm still pretty sure hasn't been mentioned in the show.

was just binging on GoT youtube shit [as is my wonted way], and was surprised to see R'hllor was brought up myself, so thought i'd share [and of course sharing goes better with a dash of SALT].

;p

[but seriously i've only read the first book, so any book shit i accidentally share is totally just derived from youtube shit, promise, sorry and promise, promise i'm sorry!]

Atomic Odin

rhllor.jpg

sapochnik, sapochnik, sapochnik, sapochnik.

Still it was just one line & not discussed in as much details as you were indulging in. To a show only viewer R'hollor still could mean someone other than LOL

I honestly thought the BERK DISCUSSION thing was more about book-only events rather than lore. Isn't it because people may want to potentially read the books at some point and/or don't want speculative spoilers based on things that happened in the books, rather than just a general phobia of all relevant information?

Most of the "book lore" has gotten packaged into those lore videos that the actors read in-character at this point, anyway.

But, I guess there's really no way you could just say, "Discussion about the Age of Heroes through Robert's Rebellion is fine, but no talking about contemporary characters and events" because people can't even really get the "Don't talk about leaked episode spoilers" thing right, and that's dick-simple.

Still it was just one line & not discussed in as much details as you were indulging in. To a show only viewer R'hollor still could mean someone other than LOL

uh no, if you watch the scene they talk about "R'hllor", "the lord", "the lord of light", and "the red god" all interchangeably a handful of times.

for proof, just search "the fate of thoros of myr" on youtube and watch how often they mention these things [it's quite a bit].

[and it's just all the clips in the series with Thoros in them stitched together - SUPER fun to watch]

The only LOL here is how dumb you think people can possibly be.

*shoots milk out nose*

yes, what he said.

duckroll

Final Season Dream:
Ep1 - Alex Graves - Mountain vs Hound
Ep2 - Alex Graves - Jaime and Brienne vs Euron
Ep3 - Jack Bender - Secret Origin of the Night King (Complete Edition)
Ep4 - Miguel Sapochnik - Some Cool Shit
Ep5 - Miguel Sapochnik - More Cool Shit
Ep6 - Miguel Sapochnik - The Coolest Shit

Final Season Dream:
Ep1 - Alex Graves - Mountain vs Hound
Ep2 - Alex Graves - Jaime and Brienne vs Euron
Ep3 - Jack Bender - Secret Origin of the Night King (Complete Edition)
Ep4 - Miguel Sapochnik - Some Cool Shit
Ep5 - Miguel Sapochnik - More Cool Shit
Ep6 - Miguel Sapochnik - The Coolest Shit

*drools milk out mouth*

i don't even drink milk

Einchy

1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

No point in a sixth, Dylan already gave you the best 5 episode in tv history.

Top Bottom