• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

They were already making Skyrim at the time.

I find it hard to believe that they'd have a game coming out that no one knew about and is close enough for release that it'd be listed on retailer websites.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/rumor-bethesda-to-reveal-starfield-at-e3-2017-developing-a-famous-franchise-fantasy-game-too-3454257

As for the other game Bethesda is working on, Salulard revealed it to be a " Fantasy game of a famous franchise" which is suggested to be Game of Thrones related. Salulard went on detail that we might be seeing preproduction Elder Scrolls VI and conceptual for Elder Scrolls VII.

it was rumored months ago.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
If that does happen, I hope they don't use the godawful combat of Skyrim and it's not in first person.

If that does happen, I hope they don't use the godawful combat of Skyrim and it's not in first person.

I'd be completely okay with it if it was a lot like ES, in first person, using the same combat but set in the GoT universe. With improvements of course. Bethesda needs to evolve a little.

Ever try mercenary work? It might suit ya!

I'll RP as Bronn.

The Brotherhood guy mentioned to Jon that Ned sent him out to search for the Mountain, was this shown earlier in the series, or did this happen just in the wake of Robert's Rebellion?

Einchy

also also also

No magic, I don't want to play a wizard in Westeros.

You know what, just pay For Honor for their combat system.

Einchy

probably happened after this.. off screen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKB0ogglzGQ

JN3P1Ls.png

That's Beric Dondarrion, he got re-cast.

Vectorman

Banned
Hot damn the alternate image of the artwork I showed you guys eariler looks so good too. Also the artist said he's gonna do one for Dany/Cersei as well with the Queen symbol. Said he's doing Red and Gold looks for them probably. I love our shipped guys going against the baddies lol.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-17_at_5.06.03_PM.png

Einchy

Jon going 1v1 with Night King is going to be the hypest shit in the show.

YEAR LONG PREDICTION: Jon kills Night King with dragon fire getting blasted on both of 'em while they fight and Jon survives it. Call me up, D&D.

Vectorman

Banned
Jon going 1v1 with Night King is going to be the hypest shit in the show.

YEAR LONG PREDICTION: Jon kills Night King with dragon fire getting blasted on both of 'em while they fight and Jon survives it. Call me up, D&D.

What if they are both on fire and Jon has to pull out the dragonglass out of NK's chest for Night King to fully die? That shit would be nuts lol.

Einchy

What if they are both on fire and Jon has to pull out the dragonglass out of NK's chest for Night King to fully die? That shit would be nuts lol.

YES YES

And then Rhaegal is all
V7eB3tL.gif

And Night King is all
WO8EYJq.gif

AND THEN DANY SEES THIS AND IS LIKE

I CAN SEE HIS DICK

AND THEN FUCK ON NIGHT KING'S ASHES

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Sorry if posted already. Target has a listing for Bethesda: Game of Thrones

Interesting...

https://www.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g

Bethesda? Game of Thrones? Nah fuck that. What makes GoT what it is, is the political intrigue, the struggle to raise your family's stock from bottom barrel to top dog. Give me the map overlay, unit control, and battle mechanism of a Total War game, and combine that with the dynastic ambitions and general fuckery of something like Crusader Kings II.

Volimar

Bethesda? Game of Thrones? Nah fuck that. What makes GoT what it is, is the political intrigue, the struggle to raise your family's stock from bottom barrel to top dog. Give me the map overlay, unit control, and battle mechanism of a Total War game, and combine that with the dynastic ambitions and general fuckery of something like Crusader Kings II.

Nah. I like Total War games but I'd rather have more personal interaction in my GoT.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Nah. I like Total War games but I'd rather have more personal interaction in my GoT.

Ok how about both? Let me play as the Starks right after Ned's capture, with the Young Wolf as my faction leader. God is my witness, first thing I do out of the gate is put Cat under house arrest, and then go ham on those Lannister scum. By the time of Ned's execution, I'm already sieging Casterly Rock, fully intent to raze it to the ground. Come at me Tywin.

Ok how about both? Let me play as the Starks right right after Ned's capture, with the Young Wolf as my faction leader. God is my witness, first thing I do out of the gate is put Cat under house arrest, and then go ham on those Lannister scum. By the time of Ned's execution, I'm already sieging Casterly Rock, fully intent to raze it to the ground. Come at me Tywin.

What about Genesis? Shit ratings though.

I stopped when they killed
Beth
after one of the dumbest storylines ever and dragged it on forever.
Yeah that fucking sucked. I hated that. It's almost as if they've structured the seasons to be routine, for their to have to be a death in order to pass a checklist for what's required in a season/midseason finale.

Vectorman

Banned
What was worse about
Beth
is the supposed trade for
Noah
. That guy didn't even have a chance to be something before they killed him off too. Speaking of awkward TV ships like Dany/Jon, remember when
people thought Daryl and Beth were kinda getting shipped with those weird kitchen scenes before she got kidnapped? Man Walking Dead fandom is weird lol.

Gleethor

yoooo don't fuck it up Bethesda!

If they aren't setting the game during the events leading up to and during Robert's Rebellion, they're doing it wrong. That time period has a shit load of characters we care about and would be a great setting for a game.

Nameless

I already stare at text, menus, and systems clicking my life away 40-50 hours a week. Let me piss off the of edge The Wall, impregnate The Vale, trudge through the shit-caked streets of Flea Bottom!

Love Bethesda but CDPR would've been my first choice. They're arguably the best writers and world builders working and a full fledged open Westeros brought to life with the same attention to detail and staggering sense of place as the Northern Kingdoms in Witcher 3 would be orgasmic.

Einchy

It's honestly a bit surprising how little Game of Thrones media there really is.

Maybe once the prequels come out, you will start getting more stuff in that world.

I have the Telltale game and the RPG by Atlus where one of the characters you play is a Night's Watch ranger that can warg and a some Lord that is also a Red Priest.

I bought the Telltale game last summer but have yet to play it and I love the Atlus published one, it's mediocre in a lot of ways but it does a pretty good job of capturing that universe. The music is on point, the dialogue is good, story is great, characters are great. The rest is pretty shit but I still really enjoyed my time with it.

Ydelnae

From Reddit, I forgot she said this.
dzHzKfb.jpg

Less than 24 hours until we know what she read.

I'm going to roll my eyes so hard if the scene we got during the last episode is the last meaningful Arya scene this season and the only thing we see tomorrow is Arya and Sansa in black armor with their hair tied differently, smirking at LF.

Top Bottom