• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Volimar

For sure something huge is going to happen. Something bigger than the NK getting past the wall. Something to keep people talking for months.

LNBL

I was bored

Tormunds eye alignment is kinda sucky lol

cCuyYBr.jpg

For sure something huge is going to happen. Something bigger than the NK getting past the wall. Something to keep people talking for months.

I dont know about that, the wall coming down is huge. The only thing bigger than that would be Jon or Danny dying and I dont think that's happening tonight.

LNBL

I dont know about that, the wall coming down is huge. The only thing bigger than that would be Jon or Danny dying and I dont think thats happening tonight.

Someone has to die in the finale, like im not expecting a huge battle or anything. But someone must die, it's the Game of Thrones way. They have been pretty timid with big deaths so far this season

Volimar

I dont know about that, the wall coming down is huge. The only thing bigger than that would be Jon or Danny dying and I dont think that's happening tonight.

For sure, but I think we all expect the NK to get past the wall. That's not going to keep people talking over the long break.

jem0208

I reckon we might see the entire wall get destroyed.

As the NK walks through the magic gets broken and the entire wall comes crashing down.

Plum

Fuck I completely forgot it was tonight.

This is the first season finale I've watched live. Gonna be weird waiting for the final season.

Someone has to die in the finale, like im not expecting a huge battle or anything. But someone must die, it's the Game of Thrones way. They have been pretty timid with big deaths so far this season

I think people should look at this as the last season part 1 and part 2 comes 2018/2019. Deaths for the sake of deaths isnt that interesting to me. If you look at this as the last season thats 13 episodes the deaths will come, but Id prefer if their story archs came to satisfying ends.
Part of the reason I feel LF is done, he wont have anything to do when its just all out war. Unless he starts working with the Night King, but that would be all types of stupid

Kayhan

What a relief it has been that the season finale didn't leak this week.

Last week was a nightmare of avoiding spoilers. Thanks, YouTube thumbnails.

Plum

IIRC the synopsis has been leaked. Though that's much easier to avoid than pictures of blue-eyed Viseryion with "NIGHT KING GETS DRAGON." as the video title.

Volimar

^ That's the youtube video that spoiled me.

It's too bad HBO Spain has already leaked the entire last season's episodes. Pretty impressive since they haven't been written or shot yet. They're that incompetent.

This episode will be a really long meeting about Night King/white Walkers.

I got a bad feeling about it.

One giant setup episode.

Honestly yeah thats exactly what I'm expecting. It could still have some great character interaction, we've not see Jon or Dany talk with Cersei. The Hound hasn't seen his brother since Season 1, ect.

What would be nice is if they actually get Jon back to Winterfell somehow in the episode even as the end so Jon can have his reunion with Bran and Arya. I really don't think thats happening though.

Herne

Actually, no, I don't think there is.

When your wedding was a sham, to a monster of a man and who you later fed to goddamn dogs--and Bran is aware of all of this, mind--being reminded that you looked beautiful the night he forced himself on you is not significantly better than being told you looked hot. Especially when you cap it off with, "Shame about the rape, though. G'day."

It was a handy reminder to Sansa though about who it was that put her in that situation, that only an hour or so ago told her that he anticipates every situation.

Gin-Shiio

If an alliance does happen, I hope they address Arya giving Sansa shit for collaborating with the Lannisters. Either she learns that sometimes you have no choice, or she gives shit to Jon as well. If she doesn't take qualm with Jon's decision at all, I'd be slightly annoyed.

image.php

What do you mean she didn't do much? Queen Cersei essentially ran a Republican campaign, and even though her policies directly hurt the people, and even though she is the single biggest threat to the well being of the people, she managed to get them to eat out of her hands. Classic right wing politics and it worked.

#MakeWesterosGreatAgain

"When Essos sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing dragons. They're bringing Eunuchs. They're brown. And none of them, I assume, are good people." - Cersei Lannister

I wouldn't call it a Republican campaign, more like a dictator...she did kill the previous queen and take the crown for herself.

I meant specifically with Cersei's arc this season. Episode 1 she's talking to Jaime & Euron, episode 2 she's sitting on the throne talking to some southern lords, episode 3 she takes her revenge on the sandsnakes and fucks Jaime, episode 4 she's talking to the iron banker, episode 5 she's talking to Jaime again and reveals her pregnancy, and she's not in episode 6

Nameless

Wight Viserion's undead ice flames will destroy The Wall. Pray for Edd!

Honestly if this episode doesn't end with Westeros in full fledged chaos and darkness spreading across the land I'll be disappointed. I get it's probably tough to pull off logistically but The Long Night needs to start fucking now! The way Old Nan and legend tell it, this was something that lasted a generation. At the very least its second coming should be a major event that goes on a couple years(which is doable over 6 episodes). The longer it takes to go down the more worried I'll be that Jon will tidy things up in an episode of two.

yooo something else I have been wondering for a while, now that Bran can see the past, did he go back to find out how he fell off that tower in episode 1??? coz he couldn't remember anything from the fall

bratpack

Wight Viserion's undead ice flames will destroy The Wall. Pray for Edd!

Honestly if this episode doesn't end with Westeros in full fledged chaos and darkness spreading across the land I'll be disappointed. I get it's probably tough to pull off logistically but The Long Night needs to start fucking now! The way Old Nan and legend tell it, this was something that lasted a generation. At the very least its second coming should be a major event that goes on a couple years(which is doable over 6 episodes). The longer it takes to go down the more worried I'll be that Jon will tidy things up in an episode of two.

I don't think it will get that bad this time will be bad but stopable in an episode of 3 or 2 I reckon

jem0208

If an alliance does happen, I hope they address Arya giving Sansa shit for collaborating with the Lannisters. Either she learns that sometimes you have no choice, or she gives shit to Jon as well. If she doesn't take qualm with Jon's decision at all, I'd be slightly annoyed.
I'd quite like to see Arya get pissed off at Jon too so she sets off to enact her own revenge against the Lanisters.

Strange side note, my phone autocorrects Lanisters to labia trees...

Elandyll

Banned
I want to see a Jon and Jaime scene where Jon acts all smug to Jaime like Jaime did to him in E1.
I honestly don't think Jon would do that (as portrayed now).
It would be interesting to have a scene where Jaime would expect him to behave or say something petty, like his sister or father would have, and Jon to actually behave in an empathic/ down to earth way to see Jaime's reaction.

Plum

Ah, so he's been in every episode, we just couldn't see him.

Yeah, the finale's going to have Jon reunite with Ghost (off screen) before he crosses over to the doggy seven heavens. Then the show can forget about the Direwolves entirely as it didn't know what to do with them anyway.

FiggyCal

Banned
yooo something else I have been wondering for a while, now that Bran can see the past, did he go back to find out how he fell off that tower in episode 1??? coz he couldn't remember anything from the fall

I bet he already knows.

It's hard to tell though. since he's so quiet. I'm also sure he knows that the dagger that LF handed him belonged to LF. But he's so damn selective with what he says.

I bet he already knows.

It's hard to tell though. since he's so quiet. I'm also sure he knows that the dagger that LF handed him belonged to LF. But he's so damn selective with what he says.
if Bran already knows...I'm wondering if we'll ever get a reunion with him & Jaime. Haven't seen them together since literally the first episode. It'd be interesting to see how open Jaime would be to what he did now that Cersei is the Queen and is practically broadcasting how she fucks her brother

Vic_Viper

So ready for the finale tonight. Just finished binging the entire show again to see how far everyone has come. I hate how rushed this season has felt but tbh it's probably for the best since we are getting so many great payoffs.

The biggest issue I noticed while going through the entire show was seeing the few actors that got recast. Like someone mentioned the other day, the flaming sword guy that's died 6 times, Belric I think. Back in Season 1, Ned commands him to hunt down the Mountain. I would have never remembered it until he brought it up again in that cave and even then, I thought it happened off camera until I figured out he was just recast. The other big recast actor was Dario Na Harris (or however u spell it lol). The actor changes were totally for the best but man was it jarring. Both recast actors don't even look similar to the ones they replaced.

Theory on what the end of the finale tonight will be:

The Episode will either end with the Night King burning down a small portion of the wall with his new Dragon. Or, it will end with Danny and Jon getting it on, while Bran is confirming that Jon is actually a Targerean and true heir to the throne. I also expect them to somehow show Danny is able to have kids again now!

I really hope GRRM gave them another huge reveal for this episode like he did with Hodor! Not sure what it could be but they need his input imo.

RPGCrazied

Will we see the end of the white walkers tonight? All they have to do is kill the Night King.

Then next season will be all about taking down Cersei?

Top Bottom