• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Elandyll

Banned
If Cercei goes cray cray (which she probably is at this point), here is my prediction for Sunday

We're here to talk
game-of-thrones-season-5-1.jpg

Where is Cercei?
game-thrones-season-7.jpg

We don't know
Game-of-Thrones-Season-7-Finale-Preview-HBO-0473-2.jpg

Cheers!
giphy.gif

Boom!
jun-27-2016-09_26-boom.gif

Rawr!
pi8OmK.gif

Burn baby burn
dany-throne-got.gif

Winner!
5795551-3925112083-night.gif

louiedog

Uneven as hell lol. Run into a lot of soft dialogue followed by mass swells in the action and music.

It's better on the Blu-rays because it's lossless.

But yeah, it's inconsistent. This season in particular has been frustrating with quite a lot of poorly mixed dialogue and muted soundtrack.

You listen to the official soundtrack separately and it sounds so much better than it does mixed for the show.

Bipolar and crazy, action scenes tend to be mixed better, but most of the time its so inconsistent that you wonder what the hell the audio engineer is doing. Also on the stream, the LFE is completely out of wack compared to the bluray.

Well that's disappointing. Thanks.

yeah and that could be another thing she resents about Jon, him, the bastard, looking more like he's from the Stark family than all of his own half siblings (except for Arya)

and they got it on the show right, too. Arya is lookin like her dad, while all her brothers and sisters look more like her mom
No way. I find it so odd how much Arya looks like her fictional mom with a touch of her dad.

Gin-Shiio

I mean, some fans of the show think the entire show, books, pacing, etc. is garbage. But for the majority of us the bolded is not true. The sparrow arc may have lacked some of the political intrigue but it was really good drama. It was possibly the best part of season 5 and I don't need to say much about the conclusion.

I dislike the Sparrow subplot because it materializes out of thin air, much like Euron did now, and Dorne did in season 5. It's troublesome when new plot threads get introduced and elaborated on so late into the series, while the conclusion to plot lines running since season 1 now feels rushed and at parts half-baked, or even straight up insulting like "there is no time" Benjen. A lot of time was spent on wrong events and places.

kubus

Man, this little girl grew to be quite a looker. Maisie on the other hand.... ahem.
The fuck is this gross post? :/

Anyway, I just remembered that Melisandre and Arya still have to meet again so I guess Arya is safe until Meli comes back from volantis. That makes me more worried about Sansa though. Really hope they don't pull some dumb shit with Arya betraying Sansa or something.

You watch enough British TV and you realize they were all good mates, some were even lovers, some siblings, some enemies, lol.
I binged Black Mirror last week and lost count of all the GoT actors who also appeared in that. Bron, Maester Pycelle, The Waif, Edmure, Talisa, Osha from the top of my head lol

OrionX

So what about Season 8? :p

Season 8 will actually be a sitcom called "Two Bent Knees." It'll be about Dany and Jon moving in together and getting into hilarious shenanigans with their new neighbors, Tormund and Brienne. The Night King will be their judgmental landlord.

PixelatedBookake

Season 8 will actually be a sitcom called "Two Bent Knees." It'll be about Dany and Jon moving in together and getting into hilarious shenanigans with their new neighbors, Tormund and Brienne. The Night King will be their judgmental landlord.

Cersei and Jaime will live in the nice neighborhood down the street and plot to get them evicted.

kubus

Cersei and Jaime will live in the nice neighborhood down the street and plot to get them evicted.
I think I want this more than the actual season 8.....

Robot Pants

She's been surrounded by LF, Cersei, Lannisters and the Boltons for a long time. One way or another some of them and their personalities are rubbing off on her because for years it's all she knew.

She's gonna fuck something up at WF, I just know it, and it won't be LF.
But what you don't realize is HGD is hiding in the shadows ready to get the drop on RG at KN.
Meanwhile the FCNK is steadily marching on NG and will HGDYB the JNSHA on SMKJ

Jacob4815

That's my thought too. It will probably be a massacre to kill off a lot of prominent characters and to create human on human conflict for next season. Else next season would just be humans vs white walkers and that would be boring as shit. Cersei is going to do some fucked up shit :(

A massacre of important characters would be the only way to redeem the season.

But my fear is that nothing will happen a King's Landing.

Gin-Shiio

Don't worry. Everyone will bring some no-names along that can be killed for the finale. Wouldn't want anything happening to our main characters now, would we!

Window

It's kinda sad that the only reason many people watch and like this show is because that main characters can die. It's like David Chase said, people only care about who's gonna get whacked next.

It's kinda sad that the only reason many people watch and like this show is because that main characters can die. It's like David Chase said, people only care about who's gonna get whacked next.
I disagree a bit. I wrote a big thing a few weeks ago that what makes me sad is that most of the fandom focuses so heavily on who dies, but peel that back and there is still plenty of discussion on other aspects. Personally, I can't wait until the show is over so we all know who lives and dies, then we can stop focusing so much on it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
But they stepped off the boat looking fresh! Were they sowing at sea? I need to know.

They have a whole boat that's just tailors who designed and sowed up the besteses getups ever. When she told them she was going North, they pulled an all nighter to get her a ballin ass warm dress.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You know what's going to happen is... cersei fucks everyone over, kills pretty much everyone and eventually dies. But before she does, she puts in a request to the faceless men to kill whoever ultimately sits on the iron throne. Jon and Arya are the only ones left and jon is the one who sits on the iron throne.

Arya then stabs jon and whispers in his ear "the lannisters send their regards" then takes off her face to reveal it's the waif. Roll credits.

Everyone would be like yay whitewalkers dead! Yay cersei is dead! Omg nononononoo nooooooo

Einchy

Cersei is the one person that can either make this whole thing go smoothly or go up in the flames. It'll probably go up in flames and then Dany will go ham.

All my friends are dead.

Einchy

Winter is the worst

aQiFeRjl.jpg
fgm2awvl.png

jS8qcnKl.jpg

FUCK YOU NIGHT KING

Seriously, though, while the dresses and whatnot of Essos were beautiful, the designers have really stepped up their game for the new outfits. If there are award for TV costume design, these people need to win them all. They are unmatched in TV and they put to shame most movie costume design, too.

If I was making a movie and needed costume designers, I'd get the Star Wars and Game of Thrones design team ASAP.

Top Bottom