• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Plum

I'm expecting everyone to die this episode. Season 8 will be the Night King rebuilding Westeros as something that isn't completely fucked to the core.

The series ends with a montage of the Night King getting old and frail as Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide," plays in the background.

Volimar

myiVwdI.jpg

Bronn - He has fucked up. Instead of jumping ship when he should have, he came back to KL and did stuff behind Jaime's back that has now put him on Cersei's crosshairs. I expect Bronn to be executed by Cersei as a method of ensuring Jaime understood fully what "never betray me again" truly meant.
Actually I fully expect Bronn to simply walk over to Dany's side and declare allegiance to her at the meeting. Jaime will give Bronn that Jaime look (this one, for the uninitiated), and Bronn will shrug his shoulders, mouths "told ya", and walks off with Dany's contingent. Dude's a mercenary after all, and one of the most rational actors in GoT universe (apart from trying to take down Drogon lol). He sides with whoever can give him gold and values living. None of that honor bullshit that gets people in GoT killed.

He could claim, but Dany's more legitimate in the Targaryen succession.
So say if he knew his lineage I don't think he'll fight for it.
Especially since he's still all about the AOTD and rightfully so.
It's simple, in Targaryen succession the throne belongs to Dany.

Well Westeros is a strange place that doesn't seem to care about lines of succession, Renly for example.

And even if it did, who would respect what the Mad King wanted? Dany I guess...

Plum

Seriously, if we get a scene transition even half as amazing as the "Baby Jon to Adult Jon" one from last season's finale I'll be satisfied. My single favorite bit of editing in the show by far.

Shadowkingpin

Get the fuck outta here with whats under that spoiler tag. You edited it in right after I hit reply and I kinda saw it, quickly averted my eyes, not sure if I've just been spoiled or not and I'm not happy.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Seriously, if we get a scene transition even half as amazing as the "Baby Jon to Adult Jon" one from last season's finale I'll be satisfied. My single favorite bit of editing in the show by far.

Honestly, that might be the best TV transition ever.

Dany doesn't come before Jon technically. He's the son of the oldest Targ son of the Mad King. The succession goes through Rhaegar's line. Doesn't matter because Jon wouldn't make a claim anyway.

kc44135

ShadowKingpin, even with SPOILER tags, what you posted was not OK for this thread. You should edit that comment, as leak discussion here is bannable, AFAIK.

Well Westeros is a strange place that doesn't seem to care about lines of succession, Renly for example.

And even if it did, who would respect what the Mad King wanted? Dany I guess...

But Jon isn't Renly.
It isn't about respect or what the Mad King wanted, it's just how things work.
Viserys was a King in S1 and Dany was his heir as long as he had no children, making Dany the Queen by Targaryen succession.
Jon won't just find out who he is and say "I'M THE KING". It's OOC.

Why would Jon fight for the Iron Throne and play the stupid game he's despised since he was Jeor Mormont's steward?

dubq

That is not how succession works.

I haven't watched Season...
Like, what made you think you can talk about spoilers knowing full well that the confirmation you're seeking could possibly be from the finale which hasn't aired yet? It's sad already that mods have to spell common sense in the OP and then goobers like you come in with "HAY GUIS" and proceed to spoil.

Einchy

Prediction: Cersei and Dany come to terms peacefully and as they're shaking hands, a spear pierces Dany's heart. She dies. We then google earth zoom across king's landing straight to the Wall, where we see the Night King standing up there like a badass with another spear in his hand, around his neck is an olympic gold medal for spear throwing.

"We'll meet again Clegane"
"Fucking hope not"

LOL

Oh yeah, Tormund's actor had by far the best "oh shit" reaction face at the dragon going down last week.

But Jon isn't Renly.
It isn't about respect or what the Mad King wanted, it's just how things work.
Viserys was a King in S1 and Dany was his heir as long as he had no children, making Dany the Queen by Targaryen succession.
Jon won't just find out who he is and say "I'M THE KING". It's OOC.

Why would Jon fight for the Iron Throne and play the stupid game he's despised since he was Jeor Mormont's steward?

I know he won't, that not what I'm saying.

Jon is more legitimate than Dany, and Aerys is dead so it doesn't matter what he wanted.

Dany would be wise to kill Jon now so he doesn't spawn any pretenders to the throne. It's how things like the Wars of the Roses get started.

Audioboxer

Excited for the finale, but this has definitely been a weaker season of GoT for me. They nuked some of the suspense/drama for action which is fine to do something different (big budget scenes), but it's been a change from earlier seasons. The fast travel stuff irked me too, as it was clearly a consequence of less episodes and wanting to rush things.

Still, here we go!

wandering

Banned

Jon's aspirations aside, if he's a legitimate son then his claim supersedes Dany's. He's the son of the former crown prince.

To put it another way, if Elizabeth II and Prince Charles somehow die at the same time, the British crown would go to Prince William, not one of Charles' siblings.

Like, what made you think you can talk about spoilers knowing full well that the confirmation you're seeking could possibly be from the finale which hasn't aired yet? It's sad already that mods have to spell common sense in the OP and then goobers like you come in with "HAY GUIS" and proceed to spoil.

But, I didn't spoil anything..? I just asked a question and put in spoiler tags.

Edit: there you go. Everyone else is posting spoilers, so I thought it was ok. Muh bad, bruh.

Einchy

But, I didn't spoil anything..? I just asked a question and put in spoiler tags.

If your question was about something that you heard is going to happen, which is what it seemed from the bit that I read in your post, you're not supposed to do that. At all.

Why would you ask spoilers about a leak in a thread that doesn't allow any spoilers to be posted?

gdt

Quick question.

We usually watch it the next day on Monday as it's too late for us, but we are watching the finale live tonight.

How fast is it up on HBO Now tonight? 9:01?

Edit: there you go. Everyone else is posting spoilers, so I thought it was ok. Muh bad, bruh.

How are we supposed to answer the question without clicking the spoiler? At that point if it's from the final I've just been spoiled.

Einchy

Quick question.

We usually watch it the next day on Monday as it's too late for us, but we are watching the finale live tonight.

How fast is it up on HBO Now tonight? 9:01?

Faster than TV, you should start F5ing HBO now at around 8:56 Eastern, so, in about 7 minutes.

gun_haver

Watching the replay just now. For some reason, Maisie Williams' acting, which is usually really good, is just unwatchable in these Sansa scenes from last week's episode. She's coming off as a kid trying to play the villain in a school play, it's embarrassing.

Hopefully it's just a blip.

Top Bottom