• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Loxley

Thank God I managed to completely avoid all spoilers despite the leaks. I would have hated to have that Littlefinger scene ruined ahead of time.

I knew Littlefinger wasn't making it out of this season.

Incest on this show still grosses me out even after 7 seasons.

I just wonder how long the war will go on, and if it will take up the majority of the last season.

Jaime is totally going to be the one to kill Cersei on his way out, and leave Tyrion as the only living Lannister.

To be fair everyone saw it and the news will spread, it will cause dissent for what Cersei is doing. It caused Jaime to leave, it took Euron off the board so to speak and it will only cause Cersei to sink deeper into dementia.
Good points, I didn't think of that. Well, at least it sets up an interesting conclusion.

kc44135

First 5 episodes were legit amazing, some of the best of Thrones. These last two, though, left a sour taste in my mouth with the ridiculous plot armor and contrived plot points.

Like, the whole wight thing will remain forever dumb, and it played out exactly how anyone who has ever met Cersei would know it would: it meant fuck-all to her. The fact that they wasted two whole episodes in what amounted to absolutely nothing whatsoever, really sucks.

Don't get me wrong: I still love the show to death, but this finale was a huge waste.

It did amount to something, though. That whole "bring Cersei a Wight" plot wasn't actually about doing that, it was about getting the Night King a Fookin Ice Dragon so he could take down the Fookin wall. Questionable writing, sure, but something did come of it.

I don't understand, what did Therion say to Cersi if she's just going to back off right after the meeting they had? Looks like a betrayal is coming. Why else would Cersi say "fuck that" right after she agrees.

rucury

Banned
Hello, everyone. I am here to apologize to all the Arya fans I wronged with this hateful and truly repugnant post.

Arya's diehard fans would have you believe the answer is yes. But us sane folk know better.

I have seen the light. Thank you for your time.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, I can finally click on the season 7 spoiler thread and holy shit, that thing leaked back in October? I remember it being sometime this year.

Night King racked up some feats. I hope they just go full JRPG with him and let him transform next season. I want a Final Fantasy end boss.

Hehe.

Real talk. Congratulations to Sam for actually listening to Gilly even though he was pissed off.

Yup.

I would be totally fine with movie magic saving their lives lol. I need Tormund to see Jon and Brienne again, and I REALLY need Beric to go to town on some more undead with his flaming sword.

Yup, we need more of them!

Also, no way we saw them die off-screen.

FStubbs

With Jaime out of King's Landing, I'm starting to think the odds of Cersei getting killed by Arya (maybe wearing a Littlefinger mask) go up.

Insane how I've watched enough Game of Thrones that I'm not bothered by incest anymore.
Twist: GRRM had a crush on his cousin and the books and show are just propaganda to get you to sympathize.

But seriously, I remember being repulsed in the first episode with Jaime and Cersei. This episode didn't even phase me.

Oh, and what the hell Rhaegar?

Let's name both sons Aegon Targaryen. Or technically his first son Aegon was retroactively made a Sand. Well, there's only one Aegon left so at least it's not confusing.

Ponn

Banned
Thought of something kind of funny. So the whole army and leaders were there. Not one of them inquired or said anything about Ellaria. She's still chained up in the dungeon and no one even gave a shit about her or her daughter to even ask about her.

Valentus

It will be fun when Jaime arrives to the north..

"Jaime buddy! Welcome!.... and the rest of the soldiers?"

".....Well you see..... I dont think they will come... but im here! The swordsman with only 1 hand! :D"

Brilliant way to wrap it up too...he had everyone fooled. It tried plotting one more time against someone that was his equal and it crashed down in spectacular fashion.

It definitely wasn't brilliant.

There's unresolved shit that needed to be handled between Varys and Littlefinger. It's hard to believe that they won't address any of those two's loose ends in the show especially considering how both were basically responsible for manipulating their favored sides. They deserved a final meeting.

A good season of action badly let down by awful writing. I used to be the sort of person who could look past the shortcuts and hand waves because they were only minor or were done to enhance the story but this season it just became a bit too much. I'm pretty concerned about season 8. I'm not sure if 6 episodes will be enough to conclude the story without rushing through a lot of stuff. Overall, once all is said and done, if Season 8 ends up on par with this season I think Game of Thrones will be remembered as a good action show with a story that was badly let down by the writing in the latter seasons. I haven't done a full rewatch since after season five but I imagine it would be quite jarring now to go from the first few seasons to the final few.

Guys, what did you think about Jaime leaving KL and the snowing scene?
Probably one of the best in the episode imo.

An incredibly beautiful shot full of meaning. Winter has come.

Right before this scene was Cersei standing by herself in front of a map of Westeros. Also a great shot and meaningful. She male rule, but she now rules alone.

Top Bottom