• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

So, I can finally click on the season 7 spoiler thread and holy shit, that thing leaked back in October? I remember it being sometime this year.

I wouldn't even risk it considering there's a chance that not everything made it to this season....Some might have been cut for next season.

HotHamBoy

Now that the ice has settled (heh) can we agree that, while this episode had many satisfying moments, the episode as a whole felt pretty poorly executed?

Agram

Aunt x nephew
tumblr_inline_oue4abdKPb1u4s4h5_540.gif

crazyprac

Leaked script was on point. Lol. I feel that the packing issue kind of ruins the experience. But I'm happy it's not like walking dead. Shits boring as hell now.

BTM

Theon getting acceptance from Jon was a huge moment for him. Can't wait to see where his arc goes in the final season.

jfkgoblue

I'm looking forward to Dany finding out that her entire shtick of being the rightful heir is now usurped by her lover. My guess is she immediately proposes marriage.

I think dany will end up dying. Jon leaps from his dragon, to the Night kings dragons kills him then falls to his death.

Yea, there's no way both Jon and Dany live through this series.

But then again, I thought there was no way half of the group (other than the redshirts) from last episode made it back from Beyond the Wall, and look what happened.

A good season of action badly let down by awful writing. I used to be the sort of person who could look past the shortcuts and hand waves because they were only minor or were done to enhance the story but this season it just became a bit too much. I'm pretty concerned about season 8. I'm not sure if 6 episodes will be enough to conclude the story without rushing through a lot of stuff. Overall, once all is said and done, if Season 8 ends up on par with this season I think Game of Thrones will be remembered as a good action show with a story that was badly let down by the writing in the latter seasons. I haven't done a full rewatch since after season five but I imagine it would be quite jarring now to go from the first few seasons to the final few.

I don't think you have your hand on the pulse of popular opinion if you think these last few seasons will be remembered negatively for any reason.

Like there are issues here, but a vast majority of the viewing audience is still loving what they are seeing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Theon getting acceptance from Jon was a huge moment for him. Can't wait to see where his arc goes in the final season.

Yo, since Jon is actually the rightful heir, and only the King can legitimize people, that means he officially made Theon a Stark.

Did you not pay attention at all during this show? Robert talked about this character 10 times in season 1.

what an awful plot device then to dig up some corny ass 7 year old lore 95% of the audience would have forgotten in order to tie this show together. and no, I do not remember it.

Zolo

I'm looking forward to Dany finding out that her entire shtick of being the rightful heir is now usurped by her lover. My guess is she immediately proposes marriage.

There will probably be a bit of inner conflict, but all considered, things worked out pretty well for her.

GreyWind

I'm not angry. Why should I? ;)

Yes, I think incest is disgusting. Quote me on that, if you want.

It's something I wouldn't think of doing in real life but c'mon it's just a show and they don't even know they are related.

Also, that was common practice in the medieval era, the union of two related houses. If incest is going to bother you for season 8 then i think you should have stopped watching after the moment Jaimie and Cersie fucked in S1EP1

Dunlop

So the Lord of Light brought Jon back to lead the fight against the White Walkers...which are able to cross the wall because of Jon's boneheand move to ask Dany for help to give them access to a Dragon...which would not have happened if he was dead and there would be no Great War to even worry about.

Show is entertaining as hell to watch as a popcorn flick now, but the plot has entered Homer Simpson simplicity now.

kc44135

Guys, what did you think about Jaime leaving KL and the snowing scene?
Probably one of the best in the episode imo.
Yeah, fantastic scene. Seeing snowflakes fall in Kong's Landing really solidifies that we're in the endgame now, and it was very foreboding, since you know that Winter is finally here, along with what comes with it...
Yeah that's the interesting part about it as well. Dany might take it better than Jon to be honest lol. Jon is a sensitive soul who makes bad decisions and the reveal that he fucked and possibly knocked up his aunt might be too much for him.
Yeah, I actually think that's how it will go down. Jon (should we be calling him Aegon, or maybe even Egg now?) will probably be disguted/disturbed by the whole thing, and Dany will probably be fine with it, since Incest is like a family tradition when it comes to Targs.

That was a damn good episode. Can you kill/hurt a Dragon Whight with fire? 🤔 I’m assuming not, but it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll match up against each other.

Syntsui

I think Tyrion's discussion with Dany about her heir last chapter pretty much confirms she will die and Jon will be all alone as the king.

zeemumu

Damn it, Bran. You keep tabs on the white walkers and yet tell no one when they're less than a day from the wall, and that they have a dragon, and you wait until AFTER incest has likely commenced before you tell anyone that Dany and Jon are related.

Griss

I think part of the Jon / Dany incest thing with the narrating was to show that there could be two legitimate heirs to the throne born in the next year - both products of incest.

The show had that conversation about Dany's infertility for a reason, they had Tyrion address it for a reason - she is 100% having a baby.

Also, how the fuck did Bran know that Jon was Rhaegar's son but he couldn't investigate Rhaegar's marriage? How does his shitty sight even work? Does he have to wait for new seasons of episodes like the rest of us?

Top Bottom