• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

TaterTots

Banned
Tyrion may not be ya'lls homeboy next season. What happened after the pregnancy convo? Also, Jon saying he makes bad choices is kind of a pre cursor. He will be fine with banging his aunt.

Loxley

I had a feeling they were going to pull a Children of Húrin with Jon and Dany. Though hopefully it won't end as depressingly as that story did XD

Kyoufu

Oh well. I still love Dany and Jon as characters.I did find it weird but I love them both lol

I think they are going to kill Dany in S8. Just a feeling.

If you haven't noticed, they are extremely reluctant to kill off any of the popular characters, especially now that it's no longer following the books. I doubt Dany would be killed off. Fans would hate them forever.

LotusHD

Banned
All i'm saying is that people wanted that Jon and Dany moment to be a sweet and earned moment.
Instead everyone got a dude with a nice ass banging his aunt. No one should cheer for that.
This is what GoT does, it plays with your expectations.

Who didn't expect this? As in, we knew his parentage a min. ago, so it was always going to be "Eww" if they went there. I didn't expect Bran narration tho lmao

So next season we'll see Jaime flip to Dany's side and Tyrion flip to Cersei's side.

Why would Tyrion work with cersei though. It is possible that cersei told tyrion about her plan...but I don't think the two will ever work together. But she didn't kill him so she must have some plan for tyrion. At this point I don't really know what tyrion wants. If all he wants is to help build a better world than that is definitely with dany, not cersei.

Volimar

I loved the dragon breathing balefire, but I was hoping for the NK using some kind of epic magic to bring down the whole thing.

Dunlop

Sadly how they get defeated has already been strongly foreshadowed due to the previous episode.

It's a case of "head vampire".

latest

I forget who mentioned that in the episode. But if it's common knowledge to man, you would think everyone would have just focused their efforts on finding the fucker before he could amass 100 000 zombies and take him out then

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bran's powers are so confusing. So he can see anything and everything, but he has to know to go look for it?

You can explain it to yourself like this. He can see anything and everything that has happened or will happen. In order for him (as well as any prior 3ER) to be able to see the NK cross the wall, he would've had to personally witness it at some point, via raven warging.

This is the trouble with omniscience as a storytelling device. It's very confusing and counterintuitive. Effectively he has no free will (if any of us do). He does what he's supposed to do at the time he's supposed to do it because he saw himself doing it and supposedly he doesn't make mistakes while greenseeing. It's much more strict compared to other types of future sight like the Force, where there's some margin for error.

ryan299

Definitely one of, if not the best episode of the season. Felt very satisfying, but that Bran scene was very funny. It just felt very awkward to have Bran suddenly spilling this diatribe about Jon interspersed with Jon & Dany getting it on lol

Yeah I thought that whole sequence was poorly written. I wanted them to slow down and show more of the past. Just felt awkward that Bran and Sam would have that conversation so quickly and come to the conclusion that quickly.

They would destroy Tyrion's character completely if they go through with that I don't buy it, but he did find out she was pregnant just before the scene ended, so the only possible motive he would have is if he wants to protect the new baby after blaming himself for his other niece/nephew being killed.

It would still be dumb as hell though. Please don't do this.

To me it's pretty obvious. She knows that Therion will betray Dany after the meeting they have which is why she shows up after to say she'll join in the fight. At that point to me she knows that she has a plan with Therion and she's just putting on a show for them to leave. It also explains that look he had on the boat at the end because hes struggling with the decision to betray her after having grown fond of her.

If you haven't noticed, they are extremely reluctant to kill off any of the popular characters, especially now that it's no longer following the books. I doubt Dany would be killed off. Fans would hate them forever.

Final season's fair game though. If they die towards the end who cares what the fans think?

Eggiem

Oh well. I still love Dany and Jon as characters.I did find it weird but I love them both lol

I think they are going to kill Dany in S8. Just a feeling.

I wanted to see more deaths. I mean its the penultimate season and most of the important people are still alive. :/

LotusHD

Banned
Majority of viewers who did not read the books or read ASOIAF theories every week.

But they've been flirting like all season. Last season we basically learned that he's a Targaryen. So all that was left was to see if the writers would have them fuck or not. The whole "sweet moment" was out of the cards for awhile now.

I bet they are and you will see a lot of it brought up on twitter and facebook

people on here just have a super high standard for knowing everything about this show because they like to discuss it on the internet.

most people were lost like me at that part.

Scrolled through twitter, saw nobody confused. Is this your first season of the show?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
LF died like a bitch. But I guess it was a full circle thing with the way Ned went.

what an awful plot device then to dig up some corny ass 7 year old lore 95% of the audience would have forgotten in order to tie this show together. and no, I do not remember it.

Awful plot device? This whole story exists because Robert rebelled and wanted revenge for Lyanna being 'kidnapped' by Rhaegar.

They have talked about Rhaegar plenty enough in the show. Heck one of Dany's dragons is named after him.

Tonky

I can't be the only person disappointed in Rhaegar. Looked like a slightly buffer Viserys. Actually I really think that was Viserys' actor

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Literally got himself cured of an incurable disease to be with his queen. Stay losing Jorah.
1t1F6ZG.png

Top Bottom