• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Goodstyle

I think Dany is going to surprise a lot of people when she has Jaime killed immediately after the NK is defeated. It feels clear in my mind that she won't forgive the guy who killed her father, or any Lannister for that matter that isn't named Tyrion.

Andrin

The show needs to explain why Night King wants to wipe out humanity. We already got the generic explanation for it (he was created to kill men), but it rings pretty hollow.

I like the fan theory that the White Walkers act out of a twisted desire to 'preserve' humanity against the ancient fire demon thing that was behind the Doom of Valyria. In the sense that everything will eventually die, but that ice can keep the remains preserved, while fire would just leave everything in ashes.

Berric and Tormund were on the wall just before Nighty and his dragon started destroying the wall - did it show what happened to them? I mean, given the wall was 800 feet tall I have to assume they're dead, but seeing as it didn't show it and how many character miracles we've had this season they could have teleported away.

I thought it was poor form of Eddard Stark to not tell his hateful wife that Jon Snow (who she wished death and disease upon) wasn't his illegitimate love child. He could've saved that boy's childhood from Catelyn Stark.

He was an incredible man for keeping that secret for two decades and letting his wife believe he's been unfaithful. But he knew the truth could jeopardise the monarchy itself, and the fewer people who knew the better.

Erebus

The Night King warged into Tyrion to coming up with that horrendous plan in the first place and made sure to warg into Danerys so she'd bring the dragons.

Also warged into the raven to give it a speed boost.
This would make more sense actually. Otherwise, it's a huge blunder on Jon's and Dany's part.

deadduck

Berric and Tormund were on the wall just before Nighty and his dragon started destroying the wall - did it show what happened to them? I mean, given the wall was 800 feet tall I have to assume they're dead, but seeing as it didn't show it and how many character miracles we've had this season they could have teleported away.

Bronn will pluck them out of the water if they did fall in.

S8 opens with them coming up gasping for air.

hoos30

rsz_run_sideways_9163.png

Addi

One of the things I like about that Littlefinger scene is how Arya's blocking and the dialogue switching between the Starks almost makes it feel like a pack of wolves circling their prey.

-griffy-

Banned
Berric and Tormund ran west along the top of the wall, and made it to a point where they were on stable ground as they turned and watched the wall begin to fall from where they just came. The wall crumbles from that point towards the east, where it ends in the sea. They are safe.

If GoT was a blizzard game would undead vyserion be the last raid boss before Night king? I wonder what would vyserion and night king would drop.

-griffy-

Banned
If GoT was a blizzard game would undead vyserion be the last raid boss before Night king? I wonder what would vyserion and night king would drop.

Night King would drop his armor for sure, and then a shard of his icy corpse as an intellect trinket. Oh and his crazy ice axe thing.

You'd get a dragon tooth necklace and a glowing blue eye trinket off Viserion, and maybe a cape from his wings.

the show literally had Berric and Tormund looking at the wall crumble. they were safe on the west wide that would connect them to castle black. So we can bet that they will be showing up there so they can send ravens about the wall being breached.

Zoon

What was the plan for the undead to get through the wall? Getting the dragon was pure luck so they must have had some other plan, right?

Jindrax

Hey guys question about the last ep

Cersei "gives the order" by nodding her head, but nothing happens? What was supposed to be the order???

Jacob4815

Is it true that Season 8 has been leaked?

I remember people saying that the early Season 7 script leaks (october 2016) were bullshit, but at the end everything has been confirmed.

RDreamer

But then why would the mountain pull his sword out a little bit. Or at least I thought he did.

He pulled out his sword a bit with Tyrion, too, even though the command was never given. Cersei didn't actually give him a command yet. He just readied himself in case.

the show literally had Berric and Tormund looking at the wall crumble. they were safe on the west wide that would connect them to castle black. So we can bet that they will be showing up there so they can send ravens about the wall being breached.

A missed opportunity TBH

Seeing both suddenly die would have risen the stakes a little

There are other castes before Castle Black, not sure of they have functioning stairs in the show though. It's a long walk in any case.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What do you think will happen next season regarding all the "teleportation" going on?

Since the white walkers and wights have finally breached the wall, they can't do that shit anymore if the WW & wights takes forever to reach Winterfell or any other cities, while Jon, Dany, Jaime & co. keep traveling at the speed of the light across the continent.

What was the plan for the undead to get through the wall? Getting the dragon was pure luck so they must have had some other plan, right?

It's not necessarily luck, there's a good chance Night King has same greensight skills that, for example, Jojen Reed had.

_Rob_

What do you think will happen next season regarding all the "teleportation" going on?

Since the white walkers and wights have finally breached the wall, they can't do that shit anymore if the WW & wights takes forever to reach Winterfell or any other cities, while Jon, Dany, Jaime & co. keep traveling at the speed of the light across the continent.

I mean, it's time moving quickly rather than teleportation. Either way, besides the Lannisters pretty much every main player will be together in one place; so I guess it'll be a non-issue.

Berric and Tormund ran west along the top of the wall, and made it to a point where they were on stable ground as they turned and watched the wall begin to fall from where they just came. The wall crumbles from that point towards the east, where it ends in the sea. They are safe.

Oh, good. And they can come down in a few days when the last of the Wights has passed through and start attacking Nighty's army from the rear.

I mean, it's time moving quickly rather than teleportation. Either way, besides the Lannisters pretty much every main player will be together in one place; so I guess it'll be a non-issue.

Well... Euron's going to have to do some significant boat teleportation still.

There are other castes before Castle Black, not sure of they have functioning stairs in the show though. It's a long walk in any case.

all i know from the show are castle black, and the more recently named east watch. idk where they mentioned other castles along the wall, please link me youtube so i can remedy my memory.
thanks.

Sethista

I like the Arya kills jaime, gets his face, goes back and kills cersei theory.

Sadly I think the mountain would kill her after, but cersei would be the last on her list at that point I suppose.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I like the Arya kills jaime, gets his face, goes back and kills cersei theory.

Sadly I think the mountain would kill her after, but cersei would be the last on her list at that point I suppose.

I think it's more likely that she'll take Littlefinger's face than anything. Sure, Cersei doesn't trust him, but it's more likely that Arya will do this than killing Jaime.

aBarreras

all i know from the show are castle black, and the more recently named east watch. idk where they mentioned other castles along the wall, please link me youtube so i can remedy my memory.
thanks.

whats with the fucking attitude?

there have been talks about how the castles along the wall arent manned at all since the night watch doesnt have the men necessary to occupy them.

Steejee

Well... Euron's going to have to do some significant boat teleportation still.

The only somewhat outlandish bit about his movement for me was getting past Dragonstone (twice?) without being noticed from King's Landing. Mayyyybe sneaking up on Yara like that or his massive fleet from nowhere. The former is easy to write off, the latter you could maybe peg as him not actually having 1000 and just boasting.

All his other trips work out basically fine time wise - Greyworm's fleet is undoubtedly slower, so Euron could have caught up easily with favorable winds after catching Yara and visiting King's Landing afterwards. Though he didn't actually catch up - sinking Greyworm's fleet while the Unsullied were still on board would have been the real goal. The Unsullied were already ashore and had taken Casterly Rock, so Euron in one sense failed is main goal.

Top Bottom