• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

New song. A famous singer who recently released a new album is singing a song and says it's a new one. I think you can connect the dots.

It's a bit silly is all.

If it was one of his songs from his new album, sure. But considering it's a song that GRRM wrote, then no, not at all.

He did ask her something along the lines of whether she wanted to leave when Joffrey had Trant beat her but she said she wanted to stay with her beloved Joffrey and Tyrion said that she may survive them yet. And no she doesn't owe him an apology, but it would be a nice moment showing how she has grown from the shallow girl she once was. Let's not forget that she was a pretty shitty person before she endured anything.

She was a child. Most children are shit.

I never understand how people judge Sansa so harshly.

Volimar

She was a child. Most children are shit.

I never understand how people judge Sansa so harshly.

I'm not judging her harshly. I'm saying it'd be nice of her to acknowledge to his face what she said to Jon about how kindly he treated her. Simply because he's taken a lot of Ls lately.

No, it's not, she was pretty rude to some people.

You and I had this same argument last year where I said she acted like a brat when she was a kid and you defended her actions.

Yeah a kid being rude doesnt = a shitty person. You cant hold a kid to the same standard as an adult, and even if you did her actions are so far off from the transgressions of anyone who did something wrong on the show.

Volimar

She was indeed a brat, but this only lasted until her father was killed.

She was kind of shitty to Shea when they first met, but in her defense Shea didn't know what the hell a handmaiden was supposed to do. It's like "I'm in a shit place and now I have to train the new girl? Come on!"

GAMEPROFF

Banned
She was kind of shitty to Shea when they first met, but in her defense Shea didn't know what the hell a handmaiden was supposed to do. It's like "I'm in a shit place and now I have to train the new girl? Come on!"
I think that the whole pressure of the situation may also take part in this. But yeah.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man re-watching some of this seasons scene....its crazy what kind of chemistry Emilia and Kit have in their scenes. I mean we knew for a while thats where the story was heading but didnt expect them to be some of my favorite scenes all together.

nubbe

Man re-watching some of this seasons scene....its crazy what kind of chemistry Emilia and Kit have in their scenes. I mean we knew for a while thats where the story was heading but didnt expect them to be some of my favorite scenes all together.

Emilia's emotional acting is perfect
I get pulled in every time they have an exchange

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Volimar

From Dragoncon

wpYC6om.jpg

Nameless

Tons of HBO subs will be ending soon, but you owe to yourself to squeeze in The Leftovers if you haven't seen it. Stomach the first season if you can, but honestly you'll be just fine starting with S2. I dropped the show after 4 episodes and didn't bother getting caught up.

Oh and Handmaid's Tale is well worth a month of no-commercial Hulu. Show of the year.

Vashetti

Banned
Awkward dilemma next season's opening episode with everyone converging on Winterfell.

Do you really use 1 of your remaining 6 as a set-up episode? How will they reconcile 'time-travel' with the Walkers having crossed the Wall already?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Awkward dilemma next season's opening episode with everyone converging on Winterfell.

Do you really use 1 of your remaining 6 as a set-up episode? How will they reconcile 'time-travel' with the Walkers having crossed the Wall already?
Time literally has no meaning on the show anymore, so they'll just do whatever is convenient to them.

nubbe

I expect the war to be in full effect, a build up take too much time with only 6 episodes

Dany should be like 6-7 month pregnant and give birth episode 3 or 4

Yeah a kid being rude doesnt = a shitty person. You cant hold a kid to the same standard as an adult, and even if you did her actions are so far off from the transgressions of anyone who did something wrong on the show.

Yes you can, you would make a terrible parent (whether dog or human).

wazoo

WW will just walk slowly for 6 episodes. Credibility is not very high on writer's list.

Loke13

Why are we pretending like there's not a huge expanse of land in between Winterfell and the Wall? There are castles and forts all along the way to Winterfell not to mention The Gift is being populated by the Wildllings. I'd say the only thing that's really going to be difficult to explain is why the Kight King doesn't just fly ahead of its Army and nuke everything in sight.

Why are we pretending like there's not a huge expanse of land in between Winterfell and the Wall? There are castles and forts all along the way to Winterfell not to mention The Gift is being populated by the Wildllings. I'd say the only thing that's really going to be difficult to explain is why the Kight King doesn't just fly ahead of its Army and nuke everything in sight.

The distance between The Wall and Winterfell looks to be about the 1/4 of the way as it does from Winterfell to Kings Landing. Takes about a month taking the Kings Road from WF to KL. So give it about a week and the White Walkers will be there.

I'd be more surprised if Winterfell wasn't at least visible to the WW's by the time the first episode ends.

Oberon

Banned
I've started reading the b***s (not talking about spoilers here) Reading the scene with the wolve puppies made me think, was ghost with his white furr suppose to be a hint that Jon is part targaryen?

Sean C

Escape to where and with whom? For all Tyrion knew her family was dead and had no allies in King's Landing.
Sansa's family was alive when he married her, and he was in charge in KL through all of Season 2. Fact is, he did not help her escape, and continued to hold her as a hostage.

Now, obviously that made sense from his point of view, but Sansa did not owe him anything. He was one of her jailers; the nicest, but still a jailer.

He did ask her something along the lines of whether she wanted to leave when Joffrey had Trant beat her but she said she wanted to stay with her beloved Joffrey and Tyrion said that she may survive them yet.
He was talking about her betrothal, not sending her home. He never offered that.

Sansa's family was alive when he married her, and he was in charge in KL through all of Season 2. Fact is, he did not help her escape, and continued to hold her as a hostage.

Now, obviously that made sense from his point of view, but Sansa did not owe him anything. He was one of her jailers; the nicest, but still a jailer.

He was talking about her betrothal, not sending her home. He never offered that.

How was Tyrion one of her jailers? Just because he did not help her escape, that doesn't make him a jailer. That doesn't make any sense. On top of that, LF asked to get her outta there in the s2 finale, and she refused.

Vashetti

Banned

Because the show has given up on conveying there are distances between anything.

Ninja Dom

Swords made with Valyrian steel are important because they kill white walkers in one hit. That's it.

The Tarly sword is valyrian steel, lighter and stronger than a normal blade. Arther Dayne's sword is special too, but I learned how in a lore video and not on the show so I can't share it. But it's not valyrian steel.

And they can't make anymore because no one knows what they're made out of or how they were made.

Remember that if you kill a White Walker with valerian steel then all the dead that the White Walker resurrected also die. Is that true?

Also can White Walkers die to fire and Dragon Glass?

Remember that if you kill a White Walker with valerian steel then all the dead that the White Walker resurrected also die. Is that true?

Also can White Walkers die to fire and Dragon Glass?

Dragon glass yes, Sam stabbed that one in the back (coward) which caused him to explode.

Don't think we've seen fire in action against a WW yet.

bratpack

How I think opening episodes of s8 will play out

Episode 1
Jon and Dany are heading to winterfell from the boat here they meet up with everyone and now everyone has been introduced reunited/reunioned etc

this is when they discover the truth about there family ties and deal with the fallout and everybody else deals with there dramas and a feast is organized in the main hall like the pilot episode for everyone to eat

meanwhile the night king will fly to kings landing ahead of his army and wreck as much as possible with the ice Dragon that's when kings landing ends up looking like danys vision from season 2 and cersei makes it out and a few others with no choice but to head to winterfell

when cersei and co arrive at winterfell trouble brews between arya and cersei but Jon has to talk arya down then they prepare for the battle thats when episode 1 ends

episode 2 is more battle prep and and when the big war begins continuing into episode 3

I'm stumped after that lol cannot wait to see how it goes down

Nibel

Prediction: we'll see a Lannister flashback (with the help of Bran) and see the mother of Tyrion/Cersei/Jaimie, revealing that it wasn't Tyrion's birth that killed her but Tywin, which then changes Cersei's perspective on a lot of things

You can post all you want your 'predictions' guys, but I'm not making the mistake of reading any of them again. :p Just on the off chance that you voluntarily or involuntarily hiding spoilers as your personal predictions lol.

Sean C

How was Tyrion one of her jailers? Just because he did not help her escape, that doesn't make him a jailer. That doesn't make any sense.
Er, yes it does. Sansa is being held prisoner be the Lannisters. Tyrion was Hand of the King in charge of the Lannisters in the city, and later the finance minister. In the former capacity, it was his ultimate responsibility to prevent her from escaping.

On top of that, LF asked to get her outta there in the s2 finale, and she refused.
Because she didn't trust this creepy guy just offering to take her home out of nowhere.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I predict next season starts with some voice overs and montages to get things up to speed fast. Probably a pre-opening credits opening where each character has a sentence or two establish where they are and how the white walker invasion has been from their point of view.

bratpack

I predict next season starts with some voice overs and montages to get things up to speed fast. Probably a pre-opening credits opening where each character has a sentence or two establish where they are and how the white walker invasion has been from their point of view.

I hope not that's a bit of a pi$$take after building upto it all these years for the invasion to already taken place

Jacob4815

I expect the WW threat done within the first 3 episodes, probably the WW will attack and destroy King's Landing (Dany's vision) and the final battle with them will be in the capital.

Last 2/3 episodes will be character drama, Cersei's demise and the future of Westeros.
I expect an other huge battle at the end against the Golden Company, Euron and the Lannister army, with elephants, but I don't know where it could have place.

Surfinn

"I don't believe you" is one of the best character moments ever

I hope they tie up Cersei and Jaime in a way that rings true for both of them.

Top Bottom