• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Krogan

He'll defect to Dany.

They set this up in the season finale with Tyrion reminding him (and the audience) that he would double any offer for his services.

Not only the fact that it has been set up but Bronn has technically been paid already (in gold) and the upgraded castle was something Jaime promised so I doubt Cersei will honor a promise she didn't make. He more or less has nothing by staying in Kings's Landing.

nubbe

Not only the fact that it has been set up but Bronn has technically been paid already (in gold) and the upgraded castle was something Jaime promised so I doubt Cersei will honor a promise she didn't make. He more or less has nothing by staying in Kings's Landing.

Bronn gotta save bad pussy in Kings Landing next season

Tovarisc

I'm little rusty on GOT family trees, but Rhaegar Targaryen being John Snows father doesn't it mean he is Dannys nephew? Rhaegar was her oldest brother. Will be awkward times at Winterfell when Brann tells them who John truly is.

Kallor

I'm little rusty on GOT family trees, but Rhaegar Targaryen being John Snows father doesn't it mean he is Dannys nephew? Rhaegar was her oldest brother. Will be awkward times at Winterfell when Brann tells them who John truly is.

Yeah Jon is her Nephew.

Its gonna be tough times for Dany and Jon and their incest baby.

Moff

I don't get why they had Bronn and Podrick leave, that almost felt like the actors had to leave so they wrote them out or something.

Bronn had to leave because Cersei was there.
I don't know who Podrick was dating and hates his guts now.

effzee

What's the significance of the swords on the show? I can never keep track.

The Tarly sword is important? The sword Dane is of what significance?

jett

D-Member

Swords made with Valyrian steel are important because they kill white walkers in one hit. That's it.

Volimar

The Tarly sword is valyrian steel, lighter and stronger than a normal blade. Arther Dayne's sword is special too, but I learned how in a lore video and not on the show so I can't share it. But it's not valyrian steel.

Finished my S7 rewatch, stellar season for the most part.

1,4, and 7 are amazing episodes.
2, 3 and 5 are really good.
6 should have been fantastic but they fucked it up. It's pretty entertaining though and has some great moments, so whatever.

Best song of the season.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So PSN has a sale on GoT seasons. Preordered Season 7 HD for $31CDN, and picked up Season 6 HD for $26CDN. It also gives you a copy to download on iOS and Android devices, and you can stream through the web on your computer. Sale ends on Sept 5th at 12:59AM.

Heshinsi

Seems like a lot.

Yes for Americans, but that's a steal in relation to our Mickey Mouse currency lol. The seasons are 40% off on the Canadian store.

Is there anyone better than Tormund on this show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eioydZCYR0

Even knowing he led a band of Wildlings on a raid that resulted in the deaths of civilians (some even eaten), I still love both the character and Kristofer Hivju, the actor who plays him.

hoos30

The first problem has been that I don't watch the show. I'm a bit different that way, I don't watch telly at all. So when I met the other actors [for season seven] I didn't know who they were. I'd be asking people, 'So who's the big guy over there then?' 'Oh, he's Lord whatever of House whatever.' 'Well, is he a good guy or a bad guy? And who are you?' And some of them are going, 'Are you f---ing joking? We've been here on the show for three years, man!' "

Oh god, that's the funniest thing I've read this week.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
One of the odd things that I noticed while doing my third re-watch of season 7 is that the Arya and Sansa stuff is only for the last 3 episodes. People were ragging on it so much in this thread that I started to almost feel like it was for the whole season.

Heshinsi

One of the odd things that I noticed while doing my third re-watch of season 7 is that the Arya and Sansa stuff is only for the last 3 episodes. People were ragging on it so much in this thread that I started to almost feel like it was for the whole season.

There was an interview with Sophie Turner right before the season started airing, where she says that Jon and Sansa are going to butt heads, and that fans are not going to like Sansa this season. I was fully expecting her to be undermining Jon at every turn. Instead, Sansa was the most sensible Stark in Winterfell this season, with Arya being the nutty psychopath.

I don't even think it's that bad. Aside from a few questionable dialogue choices there was nothing unbelievable about the way they were towards each other, especially when you consider the terms they parted on after the first season. They did not get along at all. The person who was manipulating their actions...and what they went through while parted.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There was an interview with Sophie Turner right before the season started airing, where she says that Jon and Sansa are going to butt heads, and that fans are not going to like Sansa this season. I was fully expecting her to be undermining Jon at every turn. Instead, Sansa was the most sensible Stark in Winterfell this season, with Arya being the nutty psychopath.

one could say... arya was not herself...?

Gleethor

Ok time to get my season 8 predictions and speculations on the record, mostly for what I think the first half of S8 will look like. As far as I'm aware, nothing from S8 has leaked yet so these are 100% my own personal musings submitted for anyone who cares to read them.

-Dany is gonna end up being preggers. Not a surprise to anyone, this is being telegraphed pretty hard.

-Bronn catches up with Jaime on the Kingsroad in ep 1. No reason for him to stay in KL, he was already basically looking for an excuse to bail on Cersei's cause anyway. Maybe he managed to take a few loyal men or some wildfire jars with him. Wildfire is definitely a piece that is still on the board that will be played again before the end.

-Jaime and Bronn might pick up the Lannister garrison in the Riverlands (maybe Ed Sheeran too?), Jaime might get a reunion with Edmure if they stop by Riverrun. No reason for the Riverlands to stay out of the war in the north (though we still haven't heard from Dorne's completely intact army, so who knows?)

-By the end of ep 1, the following characters will have reached Winterfell (cue mass complaints about travel time): Jon, Dany, Davos, Gendry, Jorah, Tyrion, Brienne, Pod, Missandei, Grey Worm, Varys, The Hound, The Unsullied, The Dothraki, Drogon and Rhaegal. Plenty of reunion scene potential here, Arya x Gendry, Arya x Hound, Sansa x Hound, Sansa x Tyrion, Jon x Arya, Bran, Sam, and Ghost (lol).

-Lots of characters are probably going to meet for the first time at Winterfell. Possible meetings of note: Jorah x Lyanna, Dany x The Starks, Dany x Sam (she killed his Pa and Bro), Sansa x Varys (they both lived in KL but I'm not sure they've ever spoken, he might inquire about LF) Also, seeing Dragons at Winterfell is gonna be surreal.

-Sam and/or Bran will tell Jon about his true parentage in the final scene of ep 1, bank on it. What happens to this information after that and how others respond to it will be the primary (only?) source of political-ish intrigue for the final season. Wonder if Varys will back Jon since Jon will have the better claim and Varys is known for doing shit like that.

-Euron is gonna arrive back in KL w/ The Golden Company in ep 1 (travel time rabble rabble!), folks have speculated whether or not Daario or Jaqen could be among them but I kinda doubt that. Euron's probs gonna be like "ok so we can fuck/get married now right?" and Cersei gonna be like "ugh, I'm just so tired right now, good job tho keep it up"

-Yara is probably prisoner aboard The Silence rather than at Pyke because that's just more convenient for Theon. Guessing her rescue, however it happens, will be wrapped up by ep 2, and she may not make it out alive. Euron may not last that long next season either.

-Jaime-Bronn arrive in Winterfell by ep 2 and hoo boy that's gonna be awkward. Brienne and Tyrion have to vouch for Jaime to keep everyone else from murdering him. He and Dany will probably have a tense af discussion about The Mad King. He's probably going to try and apologize to Bran who will be indifferent, might even tell Jaime that he's glad he pushed him. Bran will probably also talk about seeing him kill The Mad King.

-Bran saw the WWs breach the wall so everyone at Winterfell should know how close the army of the dead is by now and will probably be in panic mode.

-Tormund and Beric are pretty much stuck on the top of The Wall unless they hoof it over to Castle Black to use their elevator, so that's what they'll do unless D&D say "fuck it, they climbed down.". We'll see Ed again, yay. Not sure what they're play is from here. Will The Night's Watch abandon their posts since the Wall has been breached? They gonna try and make it to Winterfell before the dead get there? I have a bad feeling about Ed and Beric dying early on. I do wonder if the Night King could resurrect Beric given how many times The Lord of Light has brought him back. It would be pretty cool if NK tried to rez him but the body just bursts into flame, LoL basically saying "nope".

-With Gendry's return I'm wondering if he'll be sent to rally the Stormland to help fight the WWs since he's the only Baratheon left, but where the hell are they gonna find time to do that (I guess Gendry could run all the way there)? The only way I see this happening is if Davos doesn't go to back to Winterfell, but instead right from ep 1 goes with Gendry to Storm's End with a letter from Dany/Jon legitimizing Gendry and Davos does his usual hype-man shit to win them over.

-I can't see any scenario where our heroes aren't forced to abandon Winterfell at the end of episode 3 or so. It's gonna happen and it's gonna suck to let them take it, but there's zero chance the WWs are stopped before even leaving The North which means Winterfell is dunzo....again. We just remodeled not that long ago, dammit!

-WWs in Winterfell...you already know what the final scene of that ep will be. NK casually strolling through our fav hangout spot: The Winterfell Crypts. The skeletal remains of generations of Starks clawing their way out of their tombs. Even if this happens I'm not sure they would show undead Ned (holding his head!), that might be too manipulative.

The Tarly sword is valyrian steel, lighter and stronger than a normal blade. Arther Dayne's sword is special too, but I learned how in a lore video and not on the show so I can't share it. But it's not valyrian steel.

I think thats safe to share. Its not really plot sensitive and most likely will not come up in the show.

nubbe

I'm really looking forward to the Jaime - Bran interaction.

Bran:"I saw what you were doing with your twin sister before you pushed me out the window... it was beautiful."

Jamie:"It was pretty great. Shame you had to interrupt us."

Sansa: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Raven Bran is two scoops of dull to make for an entertaining interaction with Jaime. I expect some "everything happens for a reason" type response. What I'd prefer is Bran to be petty and talk about Lancel.

Assuming everyone gathers at King's Landing, I want to see Sandor manage to break past Arya's whole faceless persona. And Lyanna meeting Jorah, to put him in his place.

Volimar

They'll be meeting in Winterfell.

I just want Sansa to apologize to Tyrion for treating him so coldly. He was nothing but warm and protective of her to the point that it affected his relationship with Shea. Would she have turned against him if she hadn't been so jealous?

Plus, Tyrion could really use a win right now.

I just want Sansa to apologize to Tyrion for treating him so coldly. He was nothing but warm and protective of her to the point that it affected his relationship with Shea. Would she have turned against him if she hadn't been so jealous?

She doesnt owe him a damn apology. She was trapped there and forced to marry him. If he really cared he would have helped her escape.

Sande

-By the end of ep 1, the following characters will have reached Winterfell (cue mass complaints about travel time): Jon, Dany, Davos, Gendry, Jorah, Tyrion, Brienne, Pod, Missandei, Grey Worm, Varys, The Hound, The Unsullied, The Dothraki, Drogon and Rhaegal. Plenty of reunion scene potential here, Arya x Gendry, Arya x Hound, Sansa x Hound, Sansa x Tyrion, Jon x Arya, Bran, Sam, and Ghost (lol).

-Lots of characters are probably going to meet for the first time at Winterfell. Possible meetings of note: Jorah x Lyanna, Dany x The Starks, Dany x Sam (she killed his Pa and Bro), Sansa x Varys (they both lived in KL but I'm not sure they've ever spoken, he might inquire about LF) Also, seeing Dragons at Winterfell is gonna be surreal.
I hadn't even thought about this. Episode 1 could be all about character meetings and reunions and they couldn't do half of them justice in 60 minutes. Crazy.

I have to say that apart from the episode 6 shenanigans, the biggest bullshit this season was the dumbass outrage against Ed Sheeran. It made me really realize that I'm sharing the same GoT fanbase as these knuckleheads.

I have to say that apart from the episode 6 shenanigans, the biggest bullshit this season was the dumbass outrage against Ed Sheeran. It made me really realize that I'm sharing the same GoT fanbase as these knuckleheads.

As someone who does not listen to any pop music whatsoever (so I had no idea if that was someone I shoudl recognise). I thought it was a fun little moment with Arya and her "enemies", humanising... and with some nice singing.

Whatever.

I wouldn't know one of his songs if I heard it, but I recognized him the moment I saw him and thought nothing of it other than, oh that Ed Sheeran dude, cool I guess, oh and that kid from This is England! The scene itself was fantastic and the episode is so good, but it got overlooked because everyone lost their shit and that one minute of screen time somehow ruined the whole episode for them. I even liked the song they were singing.

Though episode 6 could have been so much better had they done it properly, so that one I understand, it's entertaining just very sloppy.

Sande

The singing and "It's a new one" a few months after his new album was a bit much, but other than that I didn't see anything wrong with it.

The outrage was obviously way out of proportion, as usual.

The singing and "It's a new one" a few months after his new album was a bit much, but other than that I didn't see anything wrong with it.

The outrage was obviously way out of proportion, as usual.

What does "it's a new one" have anything to do with anything?

Seriously?

Like, Tyrion did everything he reasonably could to be good to Sansa, but she was also forced to marry him after his family murdered her father in front of her eyes and imprisoned her. Expecting her to be magnanimous about the whole thing at the time - or apologize for the fact that her trauma manifested as coldness towards the person she was forced to marry - would require a nearly superhuman level of charity.

Volimar

She doesnt owe him a damn apology. She was trapped there and forced to marry him. If he really cared he would have helped her escape.

He did ask her something along the lines of whether she wanted to leave when Joffrey had Trant beat her but she said she wanted to stay with her beloved Joffrey and Tyrion said that she may survive them yet. And no she doesn't owe him an apology, but it would be a nice moment showing how she has grown from the shallow girl she once was. Let's not forget that she was a pretty shitty person before she endured anything.

I've been thinking I'd probably be most satisfied if *my ending theory/idea spoiler*
Tyrion worms his way to the throne which plays off initially as coincidence and accidental and we slowly see a smirk cross his face and we start thinking back to the events that lead us here and we all collectively go "oh....
Oooh.... OOOOH SHIT YOU CLEVER DOG!"

He's a beloved character, the game will have been played perfectly and the douchebaggery would make for a satisfying ending.

In my opinion.

Edit: meant for the "won't be satisfied with the ending" thread.

Seriously?

Like, Tyrion did everything he reasonably could to be good to Sansa, but she was also forced to marry him after his family murdered her father in front of her eyes and imprisoned her. Expecting her to be magnanimous about the whole thing at the time - or apologize for the fact that her trauma manifested as coldness towards the person she was forced to marry - would require a nearly superhuman level of charity.
Yeah, this is a pretty impossible standard to hold an adult to, much less a teenager.

Top Bottom