• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

A lesson for you whiny man-babies:

Game of Thrones broke it's own suspension of disbelief

How this this so hard to grasp?

It has it's own in universe rules, extremely similar to our own, except with some magic abilities.

This is such a stupid counter point that we should turn our brains off during the show, it's Walking Dead levels of defense.

sangreal

All of this Arya hate is really bothering. I guess Little Finger has shills on GAF.

She is way over the top but she is absolutely right about Sansa. Arya is the only one working to keep Jon in power there

Sansa even let it slip this week that she (deservedly) takes all the credit for winning Winterfell back

Arya plot is a misdirection. Sansa and Arya are going to turn on Peter.

Not enough screen time for Little finger to suddenly take control. This is just them (writers) cooking up a way to bump him off.

No match for the Stark girls! I bet money on dat

Nerokis

Oh hey that's a great excuse for basic shit like why the Night King threw a spear at a moving target instead of the stationary one. Great argument right there.

The stationary target wasn't a threat at that moment, while the moving one was about to head in his general direction.

Plum

Can finally admit I was spoiled on the dragon's death. Definitely did hamper things as that was the main "surprise" of the episode. Still though, I liked the episode. At this point I'm just in for the ride, and that ride is pretty damn hype.

Preview:
IT'S HAPPENING

Game of Thrones (2017)

tumblr_n17qduc3yo1sbaurxo1_400.gif

Fucking LOL

Veitsev

Game of Thrones broke it's own suspension of disbelief

How this this so hard to grasp?

It has it's own in universe rules, extremely similar to our own, except with some magic abilities.

This is such a stupid counter point that we should turn our brains off during the show, it's Walking Dead levels of defense.

What rules did it break

Yo, my mind is blown.
The Night King must've been a Greenseer, he must've.

Every attack he's done so far went perfect for him. Hardhome? 3ER's cave? Including this one.
Everything was well planned and executed almost perfectly. Now I'm convinced he waited for Bran to "visit" him and his army before branding him and destroying the cave.
I'm even more convinced after looking at that WW and his squad of Wights marching with 1 of them not even belonging to the group. It was a plant.
Then you have the spears and chains, getting himself a dragon.
HE KNEW.
giphy.gif

Plus, I'm not sure of this yet because I'll have to revisit episode 5.
But when Bran warged those ravens and went North of the Wall,I'm almost certain that the area where they were at was the same cliff they led Jon and the squad into.

Fuck me

Zetta

Dany/Jon scenes are what I most enjoyed this season. Jon bent the knee after he saw Dany put NK before anything as well as being a Queen for her people which is what I knew who take for him to do it. Jon purpose is the NK and he doesn't care what has to be done for it to happen.

sam12

Where did the dead army get chains from and how did they attach them to the dead dragon underwater. Thought the wights did not know swimming??

Loxley

Regarding Arya, I'm going to give the writers the benefit of the doubt (lord knows why) and assume she's playing some sort of long-con right now. Because I refuse to believe the showrunners thought it would be a good idea to actually make her this stupid. So, until I'm proven wrong (which I know I will be), I'm going to assume she's deliberately giving Littlefinger what he wants for some reason.

Either way I'm looking forward to this stupid subplot coming to a close.

Galang

Banned
All of this Arya hate is really bothering. I guess Little Finger has shills on GAF.

Yeah one episode and people have lost their shit. Dejavu. They went crazy when she got stabbed last season too. It's more a matter of poor writing. A lot of what they do with her is contradicting

I thought that there would be more casualties with the white walkers.

Sansa should stop being like that or else something bad will happen at Winterfell.

Knoxcore

If this Arya/Sansa storyline happened a season or two ago I would understand but with a handful of episodes left, I'm not sure where they are going with this.

molnizzle

Sure lucky the Night King happened to have a couple of giant dragon spears handy.

I was reading on Reddit that he was waiting for the dragons to show up in the first place. That's why they just sat around that rock forever instead of crossing after the lake re-froze. Someone the Night King knew dragons would be coming, because of course he did.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Imo this could be the best episode if they deleted the winterfell scenes.

I think people don't realize that arya believes that littlefinger did that for sansa.

So in her mind sansa is trying to protect herself. It makes perfect sense.

I enjoy the show for what it is, and there's plenty of fun, but the writing is definitely getting extremely sloppy and it feels like their not even trying for it to make sense. I'm not sure if it's just the showrunners' fatigue with the project or a consequence of the shortened season.

So, should we assume the Night King is doing everything for a reason based on his warg abilities and knowing a version of the future?

That could at least explain why he didn't just hurl ice spears at the group on that island, or he needed whichever dragon he killed to fulfill the prophecy instead of Drogon, and maybe he needs Jon or someone among the seven alive? But then why even attack that group? They could just not attack like they've mysteriously done in past seasons.

That "Dany" dialogue was utterly cringeworthy. Did they hire a fanfiction writer to pen that whole scene?

Velcoro

The Arya plotline pretty much confirmed that she had lost her goddamn mind in Braavos like it was speculated back in season 6. The campfire scene this season made it seem like maybe there was still something there but nope, she cray af.

imagine being Sansa I'd be so confused and scared like wtf you have faces in your fucking bag betch explain yourself

Jarmel

Banned
The stationary target wasn't a threat at that moment, while the moving one was about to head in his general direction.
You mean the dragon that was only a few hundred yards away from him and could have easily turned and killed him by dragonfire? As opposed to the dragon that was way further away and flying, thus increasing his chances of missing?

Kayhan

Yo, my mind is blown.
The Night King must've been a Greenseer, he must've.

Every attack he's done so far went perfect for him. Hardhome? 3ER's cave? Including this one.
Everything was well planned and executed almost perfectly. Now I'm convinced he waited for Bran to "visit" him and his army before branding him and destroying the cave.
I'm even more convinced after looking at that WW and his squad of Wights marching with 1 of them not even belonging to the group. It was a plant.
Then you have the spears and chains, getting himself a dragon.
HE KNEW.
giphy.gif

Plus, I'm not sure of this yet because I'll have to revisit episode 5.
But when Bran warged those ravens and went North of the Wall,I'm almost certain that the area where they were at was the same cliff they led Jon and the squad into.

Why is Bran so shook whenever he encounters the Night King?

Because Bran is the Night King.

But the dragon got killed by it's flame on sack being pierced... So if that got punctured it couldn't make flames even as a zombie. Unless now it some how shoots ice.

Jakeh111

Regarding Arya, I'm going to give the writers the benefit of the doubt (lord knows why) and assume she's playing some sort of long-con right now. Because I refuse to believe the showrunners thought it would be a good idea to actually make her this stupid. So, until I'm proven wrong (which I know I will be), I'm going to assume she's deliberately giving Littlefinger what he wants for some reason.

Either way I'm looking forward to this stupid subplot coming to a close.
That's what I'm thinking too. She has to.

PixelatedBookake

Oh hey that's a great excuse for basic shit like why the Night King threw a spear at a moving target instead of the stationary one. Great argument right there.

Can't blame a guy for trying to show off. The Mother of Dragons what right there. Don't tell me you wouldn't flex

Really, really good episode after the spastic teleportation nonsense of last week. Loaded with great character stuff. The Arya/Sansa and Jon/Dany scenes felt years in the making and really showed how far all of those 4 have come as actors.

For a show that has relied on deus ex machine repeatedly, Benjen was really pushing the limits of what I can take especially when we just had yet another dragon ex machine minutes before. There was too much to love about this for me to care but it still stood out.

Next week should be a doozy.

Top Bottom