• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Boke1879

It's almost like people appreciate it more when a show follows internal logic and consistency.

It's a show about dead people, dragons and shit. Things are moving at a fast pace and thank God for it. The show is so much better without all the filler now that we know these are the last two seasons

I told someone today about expecting a dead dragon going to the Night King' s army and now they won't respond to my texts and I'm pretty sure they think I spoiled it for them haha.

This time was different. Jon and pals were sitting on that rock in a lake for a day or so. Looked like one night. During that time Gendry ran back to the wall, sent a raven to Dragonstone, Dany mobilized her dragons, Dragons flew to the wall and went north to rescue. In 24 hours or so.

I mean come on.

but how fast do dragons fly really?

televator

Also someone mentioned that the night king has never heard of a bow and arrow. They're right, what lazy writing for this episode. Then it turns out he had heat seeking spears and didn't use them until the dragons showed... He could have skewered the mag 7 before Dany arrived.

This time was different. Jon and pals were sitting on that rock in a lake for a day or so. Looked like one night. During that time Gendry ran back to the wall, sent a raven to Dragonstone, Dany mobilized her dragons, Dragons flew to the wall and went north to rescue. In 24 hours or so.

I mean come on.

I thought the same thing. Magic telesportation is real.

Also, if you aren't watching this on tv, please just wait 3-5 minutes before posting what you are watching. That's about the amount of time you are normally ahead by. Come on.

LMAO
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/899451756618276864
DHt-jhaV0AA6liH.jpg:large

Speevy

Banned
All right guys. I'm sorry that I didn't observe proper forum etiquette, but I did pay for an HBO subscription, just proved it, so you can stop dogpiling me.

If you haven't noticed, I normally don't watch episodes live with you guys because I have to get up the next morning.

Genuine apologies.

Seesaw15

I don't think he's implying that at all. However the constant moaning about it is getting annoying.

Honestly on the topic of teleportation in this episode... I don't really see the problem? They never went THAT far beyond the wall as we never saw a single day pass until they were stuck on the rock.

Dragons can fucking fly. They can go across the land much faster than anything else.

Eastwatch and Dragonstone are really far apart. People are less complaining about how far dragons can fly and more about the ravens. If they wanted the Dragons to come they could have just had them sense that Jon was in danger like Drogon did with Dany.
8310802af943e1605e67048be73945b8--game-of-thrones-tumblr-game-of-thrones-map.jpg

Soooo I’m asssuming that the lord of light priest guy died from his wounds? Cause couldn’t they have just flamed up their swords to keep them warm 🤔🤔🤔

Episode was too hype. Zombie Dragon!!!

So, if this Wight Dragon plays any part in getting past the wall (air lifting other white walkers over or around?) the question is: what was NK's plan to get past the wall before? Or is he a super OP greenseer that was able to predict everything that's happening.

It's been hinted that the Night King knows more than he lets on, and that the White Walkers themselves are intrinsically linked with the Children of Forest. Naturally, that raises the question of why this one in particular is their King? One must imagine his powers surpass other White Walkers, the Children of the Forest, and possibly are close to that of the 3 eyed Raven?

now that you've enjoyed the "walking dead" levels of quality writing, how many of you wished you had watched this episode when the leak came out? be honest.

This show has jumped the shark so to speak.

Jon and Co. should have been dead. At the very least, Tormund and Jon should be KIA.

They should have had a more visual choke point to make that fight reasonable and survivable, too much open space for them to get easily surrounded and killed.

If the Night King can literally throw an ice spear like it's being racked on Scorpion, why didn't they just throw a bunch of those things at the raid group and impale them on the rock, which they are forced to stay on because of the army of the dead surrounding them?

Benjin literally coming out of thin air is ridiculous, and made me roll my eyes. Not even going to talk about the time warping. They were on that rock like, what, five days at least for the dragons to get there?

All this effort and spectacle and it's so braindead. Uhg.

The Night King waited for this.
Chains? WW squad plant with 1 wight not belonging to that particular WW?
Spears in hand?

He knew what was going to happen. Oh my God..

If he did know that would explain a lot of overly convenient things that happened.
If Bran can see visions of the future no reason he or another Walker can't I guess.

Niks

Man the stark sisters plot is so goddamn stupid. They could both die at this point and no one would care.

They really dropped the ball on that.

Sansa and Arya have to be putting on a show for Littlefinger. They know he's watching/spying on them, they're setting him up for something. I refuse to believe otherwise.

Top Bottom