• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jon doesn't want the throne and I'm sure Littlefinger knows that. Jon just wants to stop the whitewalkers so I don't see why Jon would be an obstruction to Littlefinger. But like I said earlier, the "game" is nearing its end and Littlefinger has already lost, I think he's just trying to come to terms with that. He lost Cat, he lost Sansa and without Sansa he's not getting the throne and killing her brother won't help him nor did helping him. It's over for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a tommen

Littlefinger needs to get more leverage to claim the throne. He needs the North to march South.

BizzyBum

Jon doesn't want the throne and I'm sure Littlefinger knows that. Jon just wants to stop the whitewalkers so I don't see why Jon would be an obstruction to Littlefinger. But like I said earlier, the "game" is nearing its end and Littlefinger has already lost, I think he's just trying to come to terms with that. He lost Cat, he lost Sansa and without Sansa he's not getting the throne and killing her brother won't help him nor did helping him. It's over for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a tommen

Dude, no way. If anything Littllefinger is the scariest person. He's always two steps ahead of everyone.

Speely

Banned
Something i havent seen mentioned much is how massive a tragedy like this would be to the consciousness of the Kingdoms. That stone altar that the High Sparrow was so proud of that stood the test of time.. the very center of the religious identity of most of Westeros was completely destroyed. How does that not completely shatter the faith of the believers?

I hope this is addressed. You know, it could be a factor in the combined forces of the Old Gods and the Lord of Light via Jon and Dany providing a narrative here, though how might get sloppy.

Dennis

Banned
OK given how dangerous Sansa knows Littlefinger to be why doesn't she simply have him killed?

Her brother is the King in the North. If she explains to him why, surely it is "off with his head" time?

Or just have him murdered in his sleep if you need to keep it on the down low.

Animator

Daenarys vs Cersei is not even a battle at this point but a joke.

Deanarys:

-Has an army of Dothraki who did nothing but battle all their lives.

-Has an army of Unsullied who are all killing machines.

-Has the backing of Dorne and Highgarden.

-Has a huge fleet.

-Has the backing of Lord of light followers.

-Has three fucking grown up dragons that can single handedly burn an army to ash.

Cersei:

Has franken mountain and a couple cases of wildfire in the basement. She also has no friends and everybody in westeros hates her.

I kinda expect Cersei to suicide bomb kings landing because that is the only avenue of action she can take.

effzee

What a fantastic finale. Probably the series best episode for what I consider the best show on tv.

Was a little surprised to see the lack of mourning for Rickon, Tommen, and the Tyrells by their respective families. I know they had to move the plot along. Still expected to see more if Jon and Sansa upset about Rickon especially since he was their youngest brother.

Super upset and sad about my lady Marg. I thought she would scheme her way out and go toe to toe with Cercei. :(

Also shocking to see the lack of a reaction by the people of Kings Landing to what Cercei just did.

That said show probably had its best 2 episode run! The moment when they zoom in on the baby and then to Jon as the Stark theme kicks in gave me chills. I don't care if it was cliche or too happy for this show, man it felt earned and it was great to cheer for someone who's always wanted to belong.

The wait will be even more unbearable considering this amazing episode.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
OK given how dangerous Sansa knows Littlefinger to be why doesn't she simply have him killed?

Her brother is the King in the North. If she explains to him why, surely it is "off with his head" time?

Losing the Knight's of the Vale will be a huge blow for the Great War.

This is what I just did. I knew about GOT and a couple of spoilers, like the Jon snow death, but never bothered watching. 3 weeks ago I said screw it, let me see what the hype is all about. I watched 58 1 hour episodes in 2 weeks. About 4 episodes a day. It was fucking incredible!!! I feel bad for all the people that were there from the beginning. All those long waits in between seasons... and now I'm one of you :(
Yes, now I have to wait! After that finale! The horror

And yeah, I went from "Huh, I heard a lot about this show, might be good" to "holy shit, this is the biggest-scale most epic thing I've ever seen on TV. Puts many movies to shame"

What other movie or show could even come close to matching this one's scope and scale? You're only getting that from another fantasy series or a space opera

PS HBO, please do a Metabarons series

Dai101

Banned
Something i havent seen mentioned much is how massive a tragedy like this would be to the consciousness of the Kingdoms. That stone altar that the High Sparrow was so proud of that stood the test of time.. the very center of the religious identity of most of Westeros was completely destroyed. How does that not completely shatter the faith of the believers?

Well, you can see what's to come. Compare cersei crowning mood against Jon's. KL citizens don't particularly liked her before, i'm sure this will only cause more distress.

Remember that chaos speech he did once? And how Varys put it as he would burn everything if he's to rule the ashes?

Nah, I can't agree with this. Littlefinger is still a huge threat, maybe the biggest.

Yep. Jon better watch out.

Dennis

Banned
This is what I just did. I knew about GOT and a couple of spoilers, like the Jon snow death, but never bothered watching. 3 weeks ago I said screw it, let me see what the hype is all about. I watched 58 1 hour episodes in 2 weeks. About 4 episodes a day. It was fucking incredible!!! I feel bad for all the people that were there from the beginning. All those long waits in between seasons... and now I'm one of you :(

Should be illegal to be honest.

Aselith

I wonder if the dragons can swim?

Deanarys:

-Has a huge fleet.

-Has three fucking grown up dragons that can single handedly burn an army to ash.

Cersei:

Has franken mountain and a couple cases of wildfire in the basement. She also has no friends and everybody in westeros hates her.

I kinda expect Cersei to suicide bomb kings landing because that is the only avenue of action she can take.

Maybe she'll go chaotic evil and make a deal with the Night King of some sort? Qyburn is into some shit so I could see him being full dark.

The exchange they had yesterday between the dude at the Citadel and Sam with how he held out his hand and refused to reach out to grab the letter was kinda funny, would have been better if it was Atkinson.

It wouldn't work though, everyone would just see the Black Adder, the show is too serious for him.

Poor Darth Cersei has so many enemies coming for her that it's hard to guess which one will take her out.
The Iron Bank has a habit of biting someone's ass, if whoever the king owes a debt to the bank and they dont repay their debt to the bank, the Iron Bank will financially support the opposing factions or rebels, so I'm guessing they will start bankrolling either The North or Dany, but considering Dany has everything she needs, I'm guessing the Iron Bank will start financially contributing Jon Stark's army. Cersei inherited both House Lannister and Robert Baratheon's debts when she became the queen and that doesn't help her cause.

BTM

I've posted on here about my re-watch that I'm doing with my sister, the only spoiler she knows about are Hodor and Meli but that's cus I told her when they happened a while back, so aside from those 2 things, she's going in completely blind. It's crazy how some people somehow are completely blind to something that we see everyone or maybe she saw the spoilers years ago and it didn't even register so she completely forgot.

I re-watched seasons 1-5 with my room mate before season 6 started and he hadn't been spoiled on anything. It was pretty awesome watching it with someone going in completely blind.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Deanarys:

-Has a huge fleet.

Cersei:

Honestly, if Dany tries to take King's Landing by water then Cersei has already won. Tyrion will probably warn her about the wildfire though.

Nah, I can't agree with this. Littlefinger is still a huge threat, maybe the biggest.
To whom? And realistically what does he have left? His entire plan was to marry Sansa to get power in the north then make his way down to kingslanding. He didn't know about the white walkers and how serious of a threat they are. Sansa won't marry him because he fucked up by selling her to the Bolton's, there goes any and all claim he has to the North and there's nothing he can do to turn that around, his army was mostly destroyed in the battle of bastards, sure he's got money left but I don't know what good it'll do him now. And realistically, we've got a season and 3 episodes worth of time left to cover the rest of the series and in that time we have to deal with the white walkers and have Daenerys come to Westeros, and battle it out for kingslanding, and a stark reunion. Everything is converging and at this point Littlefinger continues to be a small fish in a big lake and there just isn't enough time left to realistically expect him to have much left to do in the presence of those larger events. It's over for him. He played his cards wrong.

Speely

Banned

Maybe she feels like she can still use him. Some aspects of LF's long play manipulative approach probably still resonates with her. I feel like Sansa has the greatest capacity for a long play here. Were I betting on it, I would say LF will outplay her, but she does have the benefit of Cat's blood and that might make all the difference.

The Vale would just declare war on the North and the North is not in the best position to have another war.

However, it would be so easy for Sansa.
"Hey little Robin, do you wanna hear a story about your mom's death?"
RIP Littlefinger.

I wonder if the dragons can swim?
Imagine if that's how the attack on King's Landing began? Cersei and her advisors saying how Dany's fleet are just anchored out at sea. Trying to figure what Dany's stategy is.

And then dragons burst from Blackwater Bay and begin wrecking shit

Deanarys:

-Has a huge fleet.

Cersei:

Dany also has the Iron Fleet.

Maybe that is what will happen. Going back to Dany's vision, there might not even be a battle. Cersei will see the massive army approaching from the sea and will just set the whole city ablaze, destroy it all before it can be taken. If I can't have it, you can't have it.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I hope this is addressed. You know, it could be a factor in the combined forces of the Old Gods and the Lord of Light via Jon and Dany providing a narrative here, though how might get sloppy.

im expecting mass conversions to the fire religion.

Well, you can see what's to come. Compare cersei crowning mood against Jon's. KL citizens don't particularly liked her before, i'm sure this will only cause more distress.

And im expecting mass exodus from Kings Landing. i imagine people are going to bail when they can unless Cersei stops them from leaving somehow. By the time armies come knocking there wont hardly be anybody there.

Aselith

Imagine if that's how the attack on King's Landing began? Cersei and her advisors saying how Dany's fleet are just anchored out at sea. Trying to figure what Dany's stategy is.

And then dragons burst from Blackwater Bay and begin wrecking shit

vcWrZhm.gif

Dimmle

To whom? And realistically what does he have left? His entire plan was to marry Sansa to get power in the north then make his way down to kingslanding. He didn't know about the white walkers and how serious of a threat they are. Sansa won't marry him because he fucked up by selling her to the Bolton's, there goes any and all claim he has to the North and there's nothing he can do to turn that around, his army was mostly destroyed in the battle of bastards, sure he's got money left but I don't know what good it'll do him now. And realistically, we've got a season and 3 episodes worth of time left to cover the rest of the series and in that time we have to deal with the white walkers and have Daenerys come to Westeros, and battle it out for kingslanding, and a stark reunion. Everything is converging and at this point Littlefinger continues to be a small fish in a big lake and there just isn't enough time left to realistically expect him to have much left to do in the presence of those larger events. It's over for him. He played his cards wrong.
He's a trickster, dude, and one that has complete control of the Vale. He's also a prudent opportunist.

Daingurse

Cersei's rule is going be short but brutal. She's going to squeeze the living shit out of Kings Landing. I honestly can't wait to see this, Cersei at full power. Cersei with nothing to lose. It will truly be a thing to behold.

Zolo

Dany also has the Iron Fleet.

Maybe that is what will happen. Going back to her vision, there might not even be a battle. She will see the massive army approaching from the sea and will just set the whole city ablaze, destroy it all before it can be taken. If I can't have it, you can't have it.

Yeah. That's pretty much the only amount of threat she can build up now. Really, Dany's biggest threat right now would probably be Euron since her forces are most vulnerable at sea while Littlefinger's the biggest threat in the North (outside of the white walkers...) with his plots and schemes and such.

Speely

Banned
im expecting mass conversions to the fire religion.

Makes sense, and would be identifiable with modern analogues for sure. If that were the case, however, I forsee Dany going mad and causing a massacre, maybe even with the added benefit of defeating the Winter King.

Powerful message there. Fire wins but hurts everyone just as much as the Long Winter would have. Actually this makes sense to me the more I reason it out.

Elandyll

Banned
I think the problem might be LF over-thinking it. Does he actually believe Jon, Sansa and their followers about the WWs, or does he project his own ambition on them and believe it's a "trick" they are playing to make the Stark House relevant again?
If he believes in the WWs (as he should), then he is indeed fucked. The Great Game is over, it's time for gathering everybody under one banner as one army for a last stand, and he is not where he would need to be to benefit.
BUT, if he doesn't believe in WWs atm, then he might try to make some moves.

She probably fears that with a very unstable Robyn at their head, The Vale forces might withdraw from the upcoming fight?

He's a trickster, dude, and one that has complete control of the Vale. He's also a prudent opportunist.
That's not an argument though, just saying "but he's smart!" Isn't going to convince me that he has much power left and I'm sure the combined forces of the north would sweep the vale. Jon also has absolutely no reason to march south when his only priority is stopping the white walkers. If he was going to do anything big, he likely wouldve set it up this season, he tried and he failed. Not everyone is going to reach the end game and that's the reality of things. Hubris got the better of him along with his love of Stark girls. Despite him being smart those two things are his fatal character flaws. He'll likely stick around for a while longer but the time for power plays really is over. If anyone would actually like to give me a reason or theory as to why he has more aside from 'hes smart and he has the vale' I'm willing to hear it.
I think the problem might be LF over-thinking it. Does he actually believe Jon, Sansa and their followers about the WWs, or does he project his own ambition on them and believe it's a "trick" they are playing to make the Stark House relevant again?
If he believes in the WWs (as he should), then he is indeed fucked. The Great Game is over, it's time for gathering everybody under one banner as one army for a last stand, and he is not where he would need to be to benefit.
BUT, if he doesn't believe in WWs atm, then he might try to make some moves.
I think either way he's fucked whether he believes them or not, because not only are the WWs confirm the north Dany is coming from the east to rule the south and there's no fucking way he's going to stop that.
Or keep her army of like 100,000 and dragons away from the throne.

So many R+L=J hints in this scene between Jon and his Uncle Aemon from S1.

"If the day should ever come when your Lord father was forced to choose between honor on the one hand and those he loves on the other, what would he do?"

This opens up a whole knew set of issues for Jon to brood over. The Mountain murdered his brothers. His grandfather burned his other grandfather alive. And his Aunt is coming to take his Crown.

Okay this conversation made me appreciate this show even more. The fact that Aemon was not only speaking on Ned's leaving to Kings Landing but also Ned's decision/promise in the past is amazing. Right under our noses since the jump.

Also Lady Mormont for an Oscar.

What if dany comes to take kings landing but cercie did a mass suicide and blew it all up
Before she even got there... That would be horrible. ....

What if dany comes to take kings landing but cercie did a mass suicide and blew it all up
I already mentioned this.
If Cersei knows she can't win she will most likely nuke the whole city with wildfire, along with her own army, civilians, and Dany's invading army. Plus, both Bran's dream and Dany's dream on House of Undying scene pretty much supports this theory.

Dimmle

That's not an argument though, just saying "but he's smart!" Isn't going to convince me that he has much power left and I'm sure the combined forces of the north would sweep the vale. Jon also has absolutely no reason to march south when his only priority is stopping the white walkers. If he was going to do anything big, he likely wouldve set it up this season, he tried and he failed. Not everyone is going to reach the end game and that's the reality of things. Hubris got the better of him along with his love of Stark girls. Despite him being smart those two things are his fatal character flaws. He'll likely stick around for a while longer but the time for power plays really is over. If anyone would actually like to give me a reason or theory as to why he has more aside from 'hes smart and he has the vale' I'm willing to hear it.

From a storytelling perspective he wouldn't have exchanged that look with Sansa if he is to remain impotent for the rest of the narrative.

Speely

Banned
King's Landing will be destroyed from within one way or another, ultimately. Dany might launch an assault, but the Jaime/Cersei dynamic will probably be the dagger.

remz

Kings landing is basically a giant trap at this point. I can see cersei feeling threatened and blowing the whole fucking thing to smithereens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom