• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

uDCQ5hf.gif

UF1vQAB.gif

Hmm..

It's pretty ironic how Jaime killed king Targaryen for planning to use the stockpiled wildfire on his own city, yet his own sister ended up using the very same wildfire in the middle of King's Landing. I guess Cersei inherits the title the Mad Queen.

I could totally see Sansa being Queen in the North after Jon sacrifices himself to fight the White Walkers.

He is literally a dead man walking. I will be shocked if he makes it out of the series alive.
His theory is that Sansa will rule Westeros not the North. Interesting that the witch's prophecy was that someone younger (a woman) will take her place for power. The obvious answer Danny, would be epic if it's Sansa instead though. If the guy ends up being right, that will be one of the most interesting and fucked up developments to a character in a storyline ever. Personally I have no idea who will be there at the end. :\

johnsmith

remember me
God, that was one of my favorite episodes ever. Cersei is easily one of my favorites so that was magnificent. I know things probably won't end well for her, but for now I'm loving it.

It's pretty ironic how Jaime killed Targaryen for planning to use the stockpiled wildfire on his own city, yet his sister ended up using the very same wildfire in the middle of King's Landing. I guess she inherits the title the Mad Queen.

And that particular action indirectly killed her son. Cersei is truly off the wagon. Are there any lannisters left besides her and Jaime?

Dennis

Banned
It's pretty ironic how Jaime killed king Targaryen for planning to use the stockpiled wildfire on his own city, yet his own sister ended up using the very same wildfire in the middle of King's Landing. I guess Cersei inherits the title the Mad Queen.

Perhaps the irony will not be lost on Jaime.

ramyeon

That is almost definitely the parallel they were trying to draw at the end there.

sangreal

That's disappointing. A final season with 10 episodes on the quality of the last two episodes would have been fantastic.

It's not set in stone, so we will see, but your expectation is exactly why they said its likely. They don't have enough time to put together 10 episodes on this level in a year

It all just comes from this interview:
“I think we’re down to our final 13 episodes after this season. We’re heading into the final lap,” said Benioff. “That’s the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone, but that’s what we’re looking at.”

Sources later clarified those exact numbers were premature, given that the showrunners are now just beginning to outline their plans, but said that any upcoming seasons may be shorter than the full 10 episodes of seasons past.

To live up to the standard they’ve set for themselves — and fans — Weiss and Benioff said they can’t continue to produce 10 episodes of the show in the show’s usual 12- or 14-month time frame. “It’s crossing out of a television schedule into more of a mid-range movie schedule,” Weiss said.

While the “Game of Thrones” showrunners said the shorter-episode scenario is their hope, HBO executives made it clear there’s no deal yet in place. “We’re still in conversations,” said Lombardo.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-end-date-season-8-1201752746/

They should have done another season with 10 episodes then a movie length episode for the last 2-3.

We'd be waiting 2 years for that 10 episode season then. Battle of the Bastards took around 30-40 days of filming.

You literally can't get high production episodes like that done in that quantity in that time window.

Dimmle

EXACTLY: She knows he's dangerous when things don't go as he planned. As we saw last time when he sold Rose to jeoffrey as target practice.

Sansa turning on Jon seems like it would be completely betraying the keen judgment of character she's demonstrated to have developed.

televator

I hate Cersie, but god damn it if she wasn't entertaining in the last episode. She topped Ramsey. It felt like watching The Dark Knight while the faith militant and the Tyrells we her at the trial. Cersei was the Joker and you just know the Joker had a horrific trap set up for them. Strange comparison, but that's really how I felt. The sense of dread that was built up before the big reveal really reminded me of TDK.

Are you sure? I thought it was a call to arms. It's call in the captions

Teehee

Astral Dog

I wasn't sure on first viewing, but now I am. A) Cersei trails her fingers up and down Unella's body in a suggestive way, and B) Cersei says "shame, shame" as she closes the door, which we all know refers to slut shaming. Also, Gregory takes off his helmet for the first time since he 'died,' implying intimacy.

I know its GoT and all, but i didnt get any rape vibes from that scene, Gregor was standing beside sister unella when she was screaming, you can see in the window im sure it was just torture.

Finally saw the finale and like the prior episode it was pretty fantastic. I thought this season was a big improvement over the last, and it certainly has the strongest ending of any season imo. All the scenes about the scepta/cersei/tommen were straight fire (heh heh). Great music too.

These last two episodes (especially the prior one) I feel like have been shot a lot better too. Game of Thrones has always been a polished, good looking show, but never really played with the form too much or create many memorable images, but they used the camera to great advantage here.

And that particular action indirectly killed her son. Cersei is truly off the wagon. Are there any lannisters left besides her and Jaime?

I think Tywin said that there were a bunch of Lannisters spread across his lands, but non of them are important. The only ones left to lead the family are Jaime and Cersei.

Sansa turning on Jon seems like it would be completely betraying the keen judgment of character she's demonstrated to have developed.

Yeah, it would be a huge regression of her character because she would end up being manipulated and used for someone else's benefit once again.
I think this will be her "final test" and she'll end up killing Littlefinger.

Dennis

Banned
That said, it did strike me how silly the ending shots were. Who the fuck sails accross the ocean just standing on deck staring menacingly at nothing? I could get the unsullied, but the rest was a bit too obviously "This is just for a cool shot"

Yeah man, I don't understand why they didn't show Dany putting her ass over the side and taking a shit into the ocean.

I just can't relate if they don't show how life on a medieval boat was really like.

televator

Did I miss some sort of meaning behind Pycelle being killed by little boys? It seemed a little off.

Lots of people bring this up, but it's as straight forward as it looks to me. You give candy and bread to a bunch of poor children, and they in turn murder a corrupt lecherous old bag of shit; and blow up an entire church filled with people for you. Simple.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah man, I don't understand why they didn't show Dany putting her ass over the side and taking a shit into the ocean.

I just can't relate if they don't show how life on a medieval boat was really like.

Lost shot should've been everyone throwing up and dying of scurvy.

BizzyBum

I just find it funny looking back at how Jamie leaves King's Landing with things a complete mess and comes back to see a huge explosion in the middle of the city and Cersei being crowned.

"dafuq just happened..."

Corpekata

Banned
Lots of people bring this up, but it's as straight forward as it looks to me. You give candy and bread to a bunch of poor children, and they in turn murder a corrupt lecherous old bag of shit; and blow up an entire church filled with people for you. Simple.

I think he is referring to why bother when he would have died in the explosion anyway.

My theory is they need someone to pin the blame on for the explosion and they'll use him.

I just find it funny looking back at how Jamie leaves King's Landing with things a complete mess and comes back to see a huge explosion in the middle of the city and Cersei being crowned.

"dafuq just happened..."

Jaime: Cersei why did the Sept of Baelor suddenly blew up? Where the fuck is everyone!?

Cersei: Uhh...poisoned by their enemies?

televator

I think he is referring to why bother when he would have died in the explosion anyway.

My theory is they need someone to pin the blame on for the explosion and they'll use him.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's a good scape goat. After all, maesters are the ones who know a thing or two about wild fire.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

i just figured Pycell wasnt going to the trial so they had to deal with him directly. i mean he was with a prostitute while everyone else was gathered for the trial.

UglyPony

Think the reason they used kids to kill Pycel and blow up the Sept of Baelor is because they are easy manipulate and less likely to plot against you.

Pretty smart.

Elandyll

Banned
Does Varys have an identical twin or is he able to teleport now? Wtf

This again ...

912accb5_picard-facepalm.png

They just wanted to avoid the cliche title related to time skips (granted it causes a bit of confusion for a moment), because they figure their audience is smart enough to realize there are Dornish and Tyrell ships sailing along.

Just imagine the title "1 month later..." is in the picture, and everything is fine.

oti

Banned
Some questions:

Why did Jon and Sansa smile when Winter arrived? BTW: They could've done a bit more than just "yo bruh, white raven = Winter lol"

Jamie will be the Queen Slayer, right? This is where this all goes down to.

So the Dorne storyline literally is "we just want to kill them all"? That's it?

I kinda haven't realised yet that we've lost Margaery in all of this. ;_;

The last Stark, where the hell is he gonna go now? Is he glued to the tree forever now or what.

Is Jon maybe Father of Dragons but just hasn't realised it yet?

Loke13

i just figured Pycell wasnt going to the trial so they had to deal with him directly. i mean he was with a prostitute while everyone else was gathered for the trial.
I figured that Qyburn killed him of his own volition simoly to take out the competition. AND it's not like there was any love loss between Cersei and Pycelle.

I figured that Qyburn killed him of his own volition simoly to take out the competition. AND it's not like there was any love loss between Cersei and Pycelle.
Pretty sure Cersei had him killed. The way Pycelle smirked at Cersei just because he had Tommen's ears pretty much rubbed Cersei the wrong way in past episode and simply had him taken care of. I guess using those children seemed more convenient.

Elandyll

Banned

For a moment I thought they were going to try and frame Pycelle for the Wild Fire, but now I don't think Cersei even gives a fuck about pretending it wasn't her.
In fact, she probably counts on fear to establish her reign... for however long that will last that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom