• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This again ...

912accb5_picard-facepalm.png

They just wanted to avoid the cliche title related to time skips (granted it causes a bit of confusion for a moment), because they figure their audience is smart enough to realize there are Dornish and Tyrell ships sailing along.

Just imagine the title "1 month later..." is in the picture, and everything is fine.

images

reKon

Banned
I just didn't like it very much. The entire thing felt like it was on fast-forward. A montage of conclusions for three season's worth of plot developments, many of which had no real impact on larger events and which needed to be wrapped up quickly so the central stalled narrative can finally progress beyond the events of the Red Wedding. I thought last week's episode was sucky for similar reasons.

Well there's always someone.

These last two episodes (especially the prior one) I feel like have been shot a lot better too. Game of Thrones has always been a polished, good looking show, but never really played with the form too much or create many memorable images, but they used the camera to great advantage here.

I think the cinematography in general has been really fantastic all season. Maybe because of the longer schedule but it's really been incredible.

Speely

Banned
Pretty sure Cersei had him killed. The way Pycelle smirked at Cersei just because he had Tommen's ears pretty much rubbed Cersei the wrong way in past episode and simply had him taken care of. I guess using those children seemed more convenient.

I got the impression that it was a joint effort. Cersei: deal with him. Q: Oh I know JUST the way.

Daingurse

It was pretty apparent Tommen was not meant for this world. Gotta feel bad for him a little bit.

Yeah Tommen was pissing me off lately, just a frustrating character to watch because he's a complete puppet. But his suicide was both unexpected and pretty depressing to me. He was never in power. Manipulated by everyone around him. Dude never wanted to be King.

BizzyBum

I think the hypest moment for me was Arya still being able to use the faces since they heavily implied she got kicked out or left on her own free will.

Corpekata

Banned
i just figured Pycell wasnt going to the trial so they had to deal with him directly. i mean he was with a prostitute while everyone else was gathered for the trial.

Would be pretty weird for the Grand Maester of King's Landing to not be at an event that decided the fate of a former queen and the male heir of a major house given their roles in interpreting laws. It's a pretty important event.

The only way I could see him not going there after the visit with the prostitute (he is shown on his way somewhere when the kid stops him) is if in his usual sycophantic way he wanted to go there with Tommen, and since Tommen was being stopped, then Pycelle would either attempt to interfere or not be at the sept.

We've been shown two visions of the throne room and one of King's Landing.

Bran had a vision where he saw a dragon's shadow flying over King's Landing.
https://youtu.be/8gh0-4hOzyw?t=1m20s
WDZcBeNl.jpg

In the same vision he also saw the Red Keep destroyed with snow falling on the Throne.
https://youtu.be/8gh0-4hOzyw?t=1m14s
s0fJKfPl.png

Dany also had the same vision of the Throne.
https://youtu.be/l7VuGknEfQY?t=53s
y3l6B1Yl.png

So what I believe this means is that when Dany lands and attacks King's Landing, it will mostly be intact, aside from what Cersei did but her attack could possibly destroy the Red Keep. At some point after this, The White Walkers will come and with them they will bring the Long Night, completely enveloping King's Landing in darkness and snow.

I think Dany will become the ruler of the 7 kingdoms and defeat the Whitewalkers but it will have a bittersweet ending in typical GOT's fashion.

She'll probably sit in that ruined Red Keep on the Iron Throne and realize that she won the game of thrones but everything will be in ruins from the war with the whitewalkers.

Hydrus

So we really have to wait until next spring for next season, then another year after that for the last!? Even if they are shorter seasons? Is it possible we get a 7 episode S7 in February, then 6 episode S8 in like November?

Speely

Banned
I think the hypest moment for me was Arya still being able to use the faces since they heavily implied she got kicked out or left on her own free will.

Yeah that was ace. I figure if she had the guts and ability to survive up until her leaving, she prolly managed to snatch a few faces. She does not lack for nerve or forward-thinking resourcefulness.

Yeah Tommen was pissing me off lately, just a frustrating character to watch because he's a complete puppet. But his suicide was both unexpected and pretty depressing to me. He was never in power. Manipulated by everyone around him. Dude never wanted to be King.

He was just a child who was never meant to be king caught in turmoil of lies and self interests surrounded by people who thought they could use him for their own good.

Poor kid.

Dennis

Banned
So we really have to wait until next spring for next season, then another year after that for the last!? Even if they are shorter seasons? Is it possible we get a 7 episode S7 in February, then 6 episode S8 in like November?

The point is they need more time to produce each episode. So, no.

Dany's army comes crashing down on King's Landing, desperate Cersei uses the remaining wildfire to pretty much evaporate the entire city along with the population, her army, and invading Dany's army. In the end, Dany gets the Red Keep and Iron Throne, but the city is in ruin. That is the kind of bittersweet outcome I'm guessing from a show like this.

Ithil

"Excuse me, Your Majesty, but there are some Iron Bankers here, they have some questions about irregularities in the realm's account"

"I see. Make them a cup of moon tea, won't you, Stephanie?"

uDCQ5hf.gif

Spladam

I think it's possible that Kings Landing will either be blown up by Cersi or accidentally by the Dragons igniting the wild fire.

My bet is this could easily kill a huge number of both the Lannister's and Dany's forces, creating a big problem for combating the White Walkers.
I don't get why nobody has removed all the wild fire under the city in all this time? Wasn't it a bit dangerous keeping it all there all this time?

Dai101

Banned
Some questions:

Why did Jon and Sansa smile when Winter arrived? BTW: They could've done a bit more than just "yo bruh, white raven = Winter lol"

Jamie will be the Queen Slayer, right? This is where this all goes down to.

So the Dorne storyline literally is "we just want to kill them all"? That's it?

I kinda haven't realised yet that we've lost Margaery in all of this. ;_;

The last Stark, where the hell is he gonna go now? Is he glued to the tree forever now or what.

Is Jon maybe Father of Dragons but just hasn't realised it yet?

1- They have lived their whole lifes in the North, it was a "no shit Sherlock" moment. Also a cute nod to Ned Stark and the house Stark words "Winter is coming"

2- Jaime also got his "don't stick your dick in crazy" moment.

3- #BADPUSSY

4- Yeah, she got out gambited. A shame, shame, shame

5- Probably.

BizzyBum

Yeah that was ace. I figure if she had the guts and ability to survive up until her leaving, she prolly managed to snatch a few faces. She does not lack for nerve or forward-thinking resourcefulness.

That's also true about just going rogue with a few stolen faces. I hope not, though. lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
Littlefinger is gonna fuck shit up.

Also, Cercei pretty much already lost with Danny coming in with 1000 ships, a full army and 3 effin dragons.

She won't be able to wildfire herself out of this one.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Would be pretty weird for the Grand Maester of King's Landing to not be at an event that decided the fate of a former queen and the male heir of a major house given their roles in interpreting laws. It's a pretty important event.

The only way I could see him not going there after the visit with the prostitute (he is shown on his way somewhere when the kid stops him) is if in his usual sycophantic way he wanted to go there with Tommen, and since Tommen was being stopped, then Pycelle would either attempt to interfere or not be at the sept.

Yea that makes sense. If he were to head to the trial and Tommen were not to go he would inquire why.

Dennis

Banned
Imagine, if you will, that you had the fortitude to not watch a single episode of GoT and have now purchased all 6 seasons on Blu-Ray.

Having successfully dodged all spoilers you are now ready to sit and binge watch 60 episodes in unmatched picture quality.

I wish I was that strong.

But it would probably also have meant staying off the internet completely for years.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What the fuck was with this season and everyone teleporting? Why wasn't this season 25 episodes long and showed everyone traveling from location to location for 3 episodes straight? This is BULLSHIT

BizzyBum

Imagine, if you will, that you had the fortitude to not watch a single episode of GoT and have now purchased all 6 seasons on Blu-Ray.

Having successfully dodged all spoilers you are now ready to sit and binge watch 60 episodes in unmatched picture quality.

But it would probably also have meant staying off the internet completely for years.

I would envy the fuck out of that person.

I don't get why nobody has removed all the wild fire under the city in all this time? Wasn't it a bit dangerous keeping it all there all this time?

The wildfire wasn't common knowledge. I doubt the Mad King was going around telling everyone "hey I got huge cacjes of wildfire and imma blow up the whole city".

Though Jaime did know, so yeah it's a bit weird that he never tried to have it removed.

I binged watched 5.5 seasons in 5 days. The only thing I knew about was the Red Wedding

Honestly, it's hard to think of the story as seasons up till now. It felt like one long story

oti

Banned

Yeah, who cares. Once all the episodes are out we will re-watch the whole thing anyway to see all the foreshadowing, all the links we didn't know were there when we first saw them. And it's a lot of fun talking about it on the internet.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Some questions:

Why did Jon and Sansa smile when Winter arrived?
Because their house words are "Winter is coming" I'm sure for them it's funny that they went through hell and just when things are starting to look a little better for them it's Winter. The words always seemed to mean , "keep your shit straight. Bad stuff is around the corner." They were probably feeling like they had just trend the corner.

BTW: They could've done a bit more than just "yo bruh, white raven = Winter lol"
What else would you like them to say? I thought it was pretty evocative the way they set it up.

Jamie will be the Queen Slayer, right? This is where this all goes down to.
That seems to have been the most popular theory since she started talking with her mad scientist about the hidden reserves of dragons fire.

So the Dorne storyline literally is "we just want to kill them all"? That's it?
I'm not sure Understand the question. We don't know where it;s headed next, but yeah they've wanted revenge for Oberyn for a few seasons now. Hasn't really changed other than them finding an avenue and some allies.

I kinda haven't realised yet that we've lost Margaery in all of this. ;_;

Yeah it's a bummer. She was one of the better rulers and also nearly as crafty as Cersie.

The last Stark, where the hell is he gonna go now? Is he glued to the tree forever now or what.
Do you mean Bran? They said he was going to theater side of the wall.

Is Jon maybe Father of Dragons but just hasn't realised it yet?
I don't think he birthed a dragon.

In regards to the Iron Bank, is the Crowns debt wiped clean when someone usurps the throne, or does the usurper owe what the previous ruler owed?

For example, if Dany takes the Throne, would she inherit Baratheon debt, owe nothing, or would it just roll back to whatever the Targaryens owed?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
The wildfire wasn't common knowledge. I doubt the Mad King was going around telling everyone "hey I got huge cacjes of wildfire and imma blow up the whole city".

Though Jaime did know, so yeah it's a bit weird that he never tried to have it removed.

I think it came in handy at Blackwater right? Or did they make all of that from scratch?

Speely

Banned

The way it's presented, not a lot of people even know about it. Tyrion had to dig. Cersie did a bit as well. They are examples of the very most privileged in King's Landing. Also consider that things happening in a previous generation in a low-tech setting can just get lumped in with a bunch of hearsay.

Spladam

Tyrion knew as well, and it seems a little dangerous to keep it just sitting around in wooden kegs, one single person with a torch and BOOM!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I've posted on here about my re-watch that I'm doing with my sister, the only spoiler she knows about are Hodor and Meli but that's cus I told her when they happened a while back, so aside from those 2 things, she's going in completely blind. It's crazy how some people somehow are completely blind to something that we see everyone or maybe she saw the spoilers years ago and it didn't even register so she completely forgot.

Ithil

A few quick questions:

1. Will we ever see Sweet Robin again?

2. Is Daario done for good?

3. Potential Tyrion/Dany romance?

1. Undoubtedly, yes.

2. Very likely. He serves no real narrative purpose, there would be no reason for him to return.

3. Romance? Highly unlikely. Political marriage is not off the table, Tyrion's bad reputation aside.

Well done Cersei, you've got a bit of power and influence back. Too bad it cost you your children, respect, dignity and you need a necromancer and zombie to do your dirty work. Maybe she should marry the Night King just to wrap it all up.

In regards to the Iron Bank, is the Crowns debt wiped clean when someone usurps the throne, or does the usurper owe what the previous ruler owed?

For example, if Dany takes the Throne, would she inherit Baratheon debt, owe nothing, or would it just roll back to whatever the Targaryens owed?
The Iron Bank will play a role in a future downfall of Cersei, I'm guessing.

paskowitz

Best season ending the show has had.

1. The Winds of Winter
2. The Children
3. Fire and Blood
4. Valar Morghulis
5. Mother's Mercy
6. Mhysa

Actually, The Winds of Winter might be one of the best GoT episodes ever.

Came to the thread to find this. I honestly feel like this was at least a top 3 episode. Many other episodes had perhaps "bigger", more shocking moments (red wedding), but as an entire episode, man, this one, I can't ask for much more.

"At what point do you stop looking for your 4 million dollars?"

I think the bank makes the claim, and you negotiate. If you ever want credit again, you might have to pay some of it.

Daingurse

Immedatly thought of Geralt when Jon was given the title of White Wolf.

Watched this King in the North shit multiple times already on youtube, it really is hype as fuck. But man, Littlefinger is scaring the shit out of me. Jon is now in his way, which is not good at all. Jon doesn't know how to fucking play "the game". He's seen the end of time, he can't be stopped.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Something i havent seen mentioned much is how massive a tragedy like this would be to the consciousness of the Kingdoms. That stone altar that the High Sparrow was so proud of that stood the test of time.. the very center of the religious identity of most of Westeros was completely destroyed. How does that not completely shatter the faith of the believers?

Ithil

Fanatic dick as he was, at least Lancel's last moments while mortally wounded were spent trying his darndest to save everyone in the Sept from the wildfire. Shame no one was left alive to know.

Immedatly thought of Geralt when Jon was given the title of White Wolf.

Watched this King in the North shit multiple times already on youtube, it really is hype as fuck. But man, Littlefinger is scaring the shit out of me. Jon is now in his way, which is not good at all. Jon doesn't know how to fucking play "the game". He's seen the end of time, he can't be stopped.
Jon doesn't want the throne and I'm sure Littlefinger knows that. Jon just wants to stop the whitewalkers so I don't see why Jon would be an obstruction to Littlefinger. But like I said earlier, the "game" is nearing its end and Littlefinger has already lost, I think he's just trying to come to terms with that. He lost Cat, he lost Sansa and without Sansa he's not getting the throne and killing her brother won't help him nor did helping him. It's over for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a tommen

Dimmle

Jon doesn't want the throne and I'm sure Littlefinger knows that. Jon just wants to stop the whitewalkers so I don't see why Jon would be an obstruction to Littlefinger. But like I said earlier, the "game" is nearing its end and Littlefinger has already lost, I think he's just trying to come to terms with that. He lost Cat, he lost Sansa and without Sansa he's not getting the throne and killing her brother won't help him nor did helping him. It's over for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a tommen

Nah, I can't agree with this. Littlefinger is still a huge threat, maybe the biggest.

Hydrus

This is what I just did. I knew about GOT and a couple of spoilers, like the Jon snow death, but never bothered watching. 3 weeks ago I said screw it, let me see what the hype is all about. I watched 58 1 hour episodes in 2 weeks. About 4 episodes a day. It was fucking incredible!!! I feel bad for all the people that were there from the beginning. All those long waits in between seasons... and now I'm one of you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom