• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cersei doesn't give a shit about line of succession at this point. This is a political coup.

Well obviously. But my point was about the stronger legal/blood claim, not who has the most force. Clearly she has what's left of the KL 'powers that be' in her corner. Because she killed everyone else.

zsynqx

Was kind of the opposite for Marshall. Pretty sure they sought him out to do Blackwater when a different director fell through at the last minute, specifically because they knew he'd be able to handle the action based on his movies Centurion and Doomsday. He's since only directed TV episodes. Still got that Hollywood connection though.

Who was originally going to direct that episode?

Neospartan

Neo Member
This is a unique case. Robert's "" heirs "" are done for, so are their wives... Uh, singular wife and their... Her family. Cersei is still the widow of a King (she never remarried, I think) and the mother of 2 kings. Non-Dornish Westerosi law really doesn't like to have ruling women, though.

I interpret the law as, yes, Cersei being the rightful ruler. But that's only because I think her being married to Robert should give her priority over Jaime. But there WILL be people who disagree.

Honestly, giving the Throne to Daenerys is the simplest way to solve this rightfulness madness,regardless of her massive army.

Timbuktu

She nuked the living shit out of everyone that was persecuting her and commands the largest standing force in KL. There is no King and no hand; nobody to supercede her orders. She basically usurped the throne. Who is going to argue with that?

In her coronation, they made a point of showing the morose faces of the people of King's Landing. They're not happy.

Where was the Tyrell forces? There must be someone competent in charge of them other than Mace. The Lannister army was with Jaime, i didn't think Cersei have enough with her to defend against even the mob. The episode was just done well enough to overlook stuff like that. It's better off being vague.

I find it a bit unbelievable how small the family of these big houses are. Normally there would be countless cousins and intermarriages between the families, family lines don't die off just with a few deaths as it seems to be on the show for th Baratheons, the Martells and the Tyrell's and the Boltons.

Sheroking

Where was the Tyrell forces? There must be someone competent in charge of them other than Mace. The Lannister army was with Jaime, i didn't think Cersei have enough with her to defend against even the mob. The episode was just done well enough to overlook stuff like that. It's better off being vague.

Lannister forces were still in King's Landing. We see a contingent of them, acting as a barrier between Cersei and the citizens of King's Landing, during her coronation. The greater Lannister force of 8000 men was in the Riverlands with Jaime.

The Tyrell forces occured to me as well, though. I can only fanwank that most returned to Highgarden with Olenna. We see Tyrell forces sailing under their banner with Dany at the end of the episode.

Lorcain

Reflecting back on the conversations that Maester Aemon had with Jon, knowing what we know now, it seems like he knew or suspected the truth about Jon. I remember the scenes right before Aemon died making me feel like there was something more to their connection that he wasn't sharing. Or that he had an understanding of Jon that he wasn't fully sharing.

I may be remembering those scenes wrong, but it really felt like some of the things Aemon said to Jon indicated a deeper understanding.

Sheroking

Reflecting back on the conversations that Maester Aemon had with Jon, knowing what we know now, it seems like he knew or suspected the truth about Jon. I remember the scenes right before Aemon died making me feel like there was something more to their connection that he wasn't sharing. Or that he had an understanding of Jon that he wasn't fully sharing.

I may be remembering those scenes wrong, but it really felt like some of the things Aemon said to Jon indicated a deeper understanding.

Perhaps a sub-conscious kinship.

More obviously has to happen, but the writers seem very intent on showing that Arya is not simply just an agent of justice or revenge, but they seem intent on showing something dark there as well. This darkness is going to have to lead somewhere eventually, and her killing her blood is all I can think of. Also Sansa has always wanted to play the great game. She's had a rough go of it of late so we as an audience feel sympathy for her, but there has always been a selfishness there since the beginning.

I don't know.

We've seen Arya grow up and get darker along her path because she was forced to. She killed for the first time in season 1 and that one wasn't really intentional, so in contrast, chopping up victims is far darker but it still follows her original mission, killing those who's names she would recite before going to bed.

She killed the random Frey soldier because he was talking shit about sewing grey winds head as they were passing.
She killed the Lannister soldier at the Inn because he killed her Lommy. The fuck is a Lommy?
She killed Trant because he was on her list.
She killed the Waif out of self defense.
She killed Walder because he was on her list.

She's not this mindless, cold blooded murderer you're seeing her as. This is her getting revenge for those who have killed those she cared about and only that.

She also spared the lives of two of her contracts. The Thin man because she went after Trant instead, and Crane because she realized she was decent and the contract on her head was out of jealousy.

I do not see Sansa taking it that far. Not to the point where Arya will kill her. Even though she seems to have had a stronger bond with Jon than with Sansa, from the little we've seen at least.

She has a claim. I'm not even sure who else would have any kind of claim at this point. None of Robert's supposed children are alive, and only one of his actual children, who's rowing a boat somewhere. Renly is dead without issue. Stannis is dead along with his wife and daughter.

As Robert's queen and the mother of two kings she has at least some sort of claim. I don't think anyone else can say that now, unless you look back to the Targaryens, or unless there are some random family connections from the Baratheons that we don't know about.

Jaime's claim would come from one of his relatives marrying a relative of Robert's father and Jaime's being the only surviving male relative from that branch. Again, if I'm remembering that summary correctly.

Cersei's claim would never be as strong as Jaime's, I think. Either he would trump her by being male or her claim would come from marrying the King, which doesn't count in Westeros law.

Metroxed

I find it a bit unbelievable how small the family of these big houses are. Normally there would be countless cousins and intermarriages between the families, family lines don't die off just with a few deaths as it seems to be on the show for th Baratheons, the Martells and the Tyrell's and the Boltons.

They are bigger, not only in the books but also in the TV show, but the other members often go unmentioned or just have very minor roles and then get forgotten. An example of this is Alton Lannister:

d9cf652a1059f42954fc35eda4451d3b.jpg

He appears in season two and is cousin to Jaime and the rest but it is not son of Kevan (eventually killed by Jaime). A Reginald Lannister also appears in season two, when Tywin is in Harrenhal.

Volimar

You're all forgetting the Lannister who showed Cersei his junk during the walk of atonement.

I don't think this is a thing on the show. In any case, it's not like he's going to dispute her claim.

They don't need to. After the wedding he'll be king anyway.

As if Cersei would share power with anyone, even Jaime

Bran can't cross the wall without breaking the magical barrier though, right?

Yeah, it was weird when Benjen was talking about it and saying he couldn't take them any further because he wasn't living and the barrier would prevent him from passing.

Bran and Meera put two and two together after Hold the Door right?

Though I hope not, I want to see The Wall come down, I want Winter to reach King's Landing and beyond.

Peterpan

Robert was not a nice dude. He had how many bastards? Constant drunkard and left the running of his kingdom to others. He was a well known womanizer before the rebellion. He let his longing for a idealized memory ruin what could have been a decent marriage. Should Rhaegar have crowned Lyanna the Queen of Love and Beauty at that tournament and started all of this? Nope. But at the same time it's unfair to call him a rapist and kidnapper when it's more than likely that Lyanna didn't want to go through with her betrothal to Robert and voluntarily went with Rhaegar.
Sure that's true, but we don't know what he was like before. I mean if he was willing to go to war where he was considered to be on the weaker side, he must have loved her. He would never do that for Cersei. I always assumed he became like that, because of the death of Lyanna. Maybe Lyanna made him a better man, but of course we can only speculate.

Bran can't cross the wall without breaking the magical barrier though, right?

I totally missed the part where bran can't pass the wall. I understood benjen couldn't because he is alive due to magic of the north.

Plus benjen left them there as if they are to part ways.. why would he leave them there if they can't cross the wall?

Someone school me plz.

-griffy-

Banned
I totally missed the part where bran can't pass the wall. I understood benjen couldn't because he is alive due to magic of the north.

Plus benjen left them there as if they are to part ways.. why would he leave them there if they can't cross the wall?

Someone school me plz.

It's just an assumption/theory that the Night King's mark on his arm could also break the magic of the wall, like it broke the magic of the cave. No one on the show has stated this to be the case though.

It's just an assumption/theory that the Night King's mark on his arm could also break the magic of the wall, like it broke the magic of the cave. No one on the show has stated this to be the case though.

Should have tested it while they still had Benjen there. Dude was dead anyway, sacrifice yourself Benny.

Surely the Three Eyed Raven would have told Bran that his mark could destroy the magic of the Wall that keeps the White Walkers out of Westeros if that was the case right? Surely he wouldn't leave out such an important detail right?

Right?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Surely the Three Eyed Raven would have told Bran that his mark could destroy the magic of the Wall that keeps the White Walkers out of Westeros if that was the case right? Surely he wouldn't leave out such an important detail right?

Right?

Maybe it's one of those things that has to happen, like with Hodor, he could've warned Bran but he let it happened because it had to happen.

RDreamer

Frankly, if Bran going across enables the White Walkers' invasion of Westeros, and it only happens because somehow no one thought of it after the exact same thing happened at the tree, and the Raven didn't warn them because of some fate bullshit... that would be very disappointing.

Seriously, that would be some fucking terrible writing and I hope they don't go that route.

I think that's the point. They almost did one more season, but needed a few more episodes.

So they split it and get the same budget.

You'll get more quality episodes the next two seasons because of the smaller episode count.

I'm still banking on a theater premiere that starts the same time as the HBO stream and a 2 hour finale.

Alamo Drafthouse does this. I think they also showed the season premiere of "The 100" this year.

I feel bad for Tommen.

He was a child, a very meek one, put into a position of power that he wasn't raised to be put in, one that he probably never wanted to be in. He immediately had the claws of manipulation digging into him from his mother, his wife, the high septon. He just wanted to do what was right, he wanted to be a good king, wanted people to be happy. But because of those around him everything started to fall apart, he wasn't happy, wasn't eating, he was depressed and probably suffered from some bad anxiety. Finally he seen first hand just how awful his mother was, and how much she took away from him just like that and she was the only one left in his life that he cared for, but at that moment he stopped caring, for her, for himself, for life itself.

Most people didn't care about Tommen enough to care, I didn't. But his death is definitely a tragic one.

RIP Tommen.

Now what the fuck is gonna happen to Ser Pounce?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Speaking of Lannister cousins, I had a big WTF moment when Martyn Lannister showed up

slUU5Jdl.jpg

and realized that that was mothafookin' Tommen Baratheon. Not the first time they've had the same actor play different roles but for him to play Tommen is kinda weird since both of his characters look the same.

Dai101

Banned
is this cad

If you had to ask if it is CAD probably it actually is CAD.

I feel bad for Tommen.

He was a child, a very meek one, put into a position of power that he wasn't raised to be put in, one that he probably never wanted to be in. He immediately had the claws of manipulation digging into him from his mother, his wife, the high septon. He just wanted to do what was right, he wanted to be a good king, wanted people to be happy. But because of those around him everything started to fall apart, he wasn't happy, wasn't eating, he was depressed and probably suffered from some bad anxiety. Finally he seen first hand just how awful his mother was, and how much she took away from him just like that and she was the only one left in his life that he cared for, but at that moment he stopped caring, for her, for himself, for life itself.

Most people didn't care about Tommen enough to care, I didn't. But his death is definitely a tragic one.

RIP Tommen.

Now what the fuck is gonna happen to Ser Pounce?

Also don't forget that joffrey corpse was still warm and literally at his side when Tywin was throwing shade at him while schooling Tommen.

As for Ser Pounce, i'm sure he just leaved KL. This bish is crazy, imma ouutahere **meow

WaterAstro

So since Targaryens are known to inbreed...

Jon x Dany shipping confirmed? It's like my Crusader King GoT mod playthrough has finally came true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom