• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I'm re watching the first season and totally forgot how bitch and spoiled Sansa was lol

she said something like " mother please tell father to let me marry Joffrey please I love him"

poor Sansa little did she know about what was gonna happen to her.
Seriously one of the best character arcs on the show. In fact, had the actor who plays Sansa been slightly better, I think she could have stole the show.

I just really hope they don't ruin her by going down the power-corrupts-all trope and have her betray Jon

I'm re watching the first season and totally forgot how bitch and spoiled Sansa was lol

she said something like " mother please tell father to let me marry Joffrey please I love him"

Sansa is an absolute cunt to everyone who cares for her in the first season, her father, septa mordane, Arya, her mother...

Then the second season rolls along and she's an absolute cunt to Shae as well. Not really nice to Tyrion either even though he's the only person in KL who seems to treat her with any sort of respect.

Sansa is an absolute cunt to everyone who cares for her in the first season, her father, septa mordane, Arya, her mother...

Then the second season rolls along and she's an absolute cunt to Shae as well. Not really nice to Tyrion either even though he's the only person in KL who seems to treat her with any sort of respect.

WTF
She was a kid, an extremely spoiled and sheltered one at that. And in season 2 she's surrounded by people who want her family dead and treat her as a puppet. I don't understand how you can't have empathy for her in that situation, let alone with the name calling.

silva1991

Seriously one of the best character arcs on the show. In fact, had the actor who plays Sansa been slightly better, I think she could have stole the show.

I just really hope they don't ruin her by going down the power-corrupts-all trope and have her betray Jon

I will be so mad if there will be rivalry between the two next season.

Oh yeah her conversation with septa mordane was annoying

Sansa: where were you from?

Septa: I came from...

Sansa: wait I actually don't care.

I excuse her for being a spoiled kid, but still that was rude as hell.

sangreal

if you think that's bad, look at tyrion's hair

Kevan is still alive...

I'm aware Jaime killed his cousin, but Kevan is still kicking.

Kevan died last week (but the poster was saying that Jaime killed his cousin -- the cousin who is not Kevan's son -- not that Jaime killed Kevan)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Recently I'm hooked on Dracarys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfWLBhqhQZs

SO GOOD
I will be so mad if there will be rivalry between the two next season.

Oh yeah her conversation with septa mordane was annoying

Sansa: where were you from?

Septa: I came from...

Sansa: wait I actually don't care.

I excuse her for being a spoiled kid, but still that was rude as hell.

At some point she says something like, "I don't ever want to speak to my father again" and then she makes Ned feel like a dummy for giving her a doll as a present.

Sansa was the worst.

Just listened to the season 6 soundtrack from beginning to end. Amazing. I had Light of the Seven on repeat for an embarrassing amount of time before I finally listened the rest. :p.
Same. Wtf was up with the music in the final episode in general? Felt like the composer created like 5 unique themes just for this one episode and completely knocked it out of the park for every single one. My favourite Thrones episode music wise by far. But damn, they really went all out and from the looks of things blew a lot of the budget on it. So worth it though

WTF
She was a kid, an extremely spoiled and sheltered one at that. And in season 2 she's surrounded by people who want her family dead and treat her as a puppet. I don't understand how you can't have empathy for her in that situation, let alone with the name calling.

Joke post?

So just because she was a kid, and a sheltered one gave her the right to disrespect everyone? Especially her parents and elders? She was a spoiled brat and yes, a cunt to people who cared about her.

Her and Shae in S2.

Einchy

Arya and Robb are the only Stark children that weren't insufferable in the first season. Tell me I'm wrong.

I never thought Jon or Bran were annoying, Sansa was the only one that I actively disliked.

Rickon had one or two annoying scenes but he was mostly kinda just there and he was also, like, 7, so I couldn't really hate the kid.

Same. Wtf was up with the music in the final episode in general? Felt like the composer created like 5 unique themes just for this one episode and completely knocked it out of the park for every single one. My favourite Thrones episode music wise by far. But damn, they really went all out and from the looks of things blew a lot of the budget on it. So worth it though
Yeah, it really did seem like that. I loved it. And I agree, the music in the finale was the best in the whole series so far. Outside of music, I thought the season in general was just superb. I don't think a single episode was disappointing.

Einchy

The music when it cuts to Jon's face is one of the best music cues(is that the term?) so far.

Nameless

Why do you think Jon was insufferable in the first season? he was great to me

Bran wasn't bad either.

Yeah Arya, Ned, and Jon are the first characters I took to, which was probably the case for most. Bran had his moments. Sansa was meant to be unlikable and Sophie nailed it. Never was a big Robb guy, though if you supported House Stark you kinda had to root for him since he was leading the push to free/avenge Ned.

Fucking Robb.

Riposte

which character? varys? varys i so much better for being good than another littelfinger-esque character

"The Spider", but actually a daddy longlegs who only eats bugs so he's totally okay. The show is really starting to boil down to characters of pure good and evil.

EDIT: Actually, it would be more accurate to say "sides" of good and evil.

Aselith

Why do you think Jon was insufferable in the first season? he was great to me

Bran wasn't bad either.

Not that he didn't have a reason but him yelling at Old Nan and being angry about his lot in life got old pretty fast tbh

Jon was okish but pretty mopey that season.

Einchy

Not that he didn't have a reason but him yelling at Old Nan and being angry about his lot in life got old pretty fast tbh

Jon was okish but pretty mopey that season.

I think you might be misremembering, Bran never yelled at Old Nan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zECQXn6yFms

There's another scene but I can't find out on Youtube, but if I remember correctly, he wasn't shitty to her in that scene either.

While looking for that scene, I found out that the actress died after season 1 was done filming and before season 2 started. In universe her character died of old age.

Volimar

Kevan is still alive...

I'm aware Jaime killed his cousin, but Kevan is still kicking.

SPHjQWQ.gif

Gilly looked great.

sangreal

Every time I watch the earlier seasons, its an experience. So many great moments and characters that I've completely forgetten since the story has changed so drastically over time. Watching 'The Pointy End' I'm reminded how hyped I was when Robb issued the call to all of his banners. Now I barely even think about Robb

I think you might be misremembering, Bran never yelled at Old Nan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zECQXn6yFms

There's another scene but I can't find out on Youtube, but if I remember correctly, he wasn't shitty to her in that scene either.

While looking for that scene, I found out that the actress died after season 1 was done filming and before season 2 started. In universe her character died of old age.

I'm still waiting for those ice spiders

Einchy

What I like about watching old seasons is how many names and places go completely over your head until you've seen future episodes. So many houses and people just sound like background noise until a future season when you realize how important they will be.

RPGamer92

Banned
What I like about watching old seasons is how many names and places go completely over your head until you've seen future episodes. So many houses and people just sound like background noise until a future season when you realize how important they will be.
The first time I watched the series, I was confused about a lot of names/places lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gilly is a babe.

sangreal

Yeah, that is definitely true

DedValve

Banned

I kinda want to do a rewatch on blu-ray but not until the shows over at least. Or just before season 8 (last season right?).

Which gives me some time to get the rest of the seasons on blu -ray. So far I only have the first 3.

And maybe by that time PS4 won't have a blu-ray player that isn't total ass? I thought people were joking but goddamn.

Einchy

This happens a million times but here's some cool ones that stood out to me/that I remember.

First time we see Bron.
https://youtu.be/0cyEM57UJks?t=18s

Then we later see a Frey.
https://youtu.be/0cyEM57UJks?t=1m44s

Dragon Glass and Faceless men name drops.
https://youtu.be/uSw7X0i5YfQ?t=1m57s

Jaqen H'ghar is shown for a split second in season 1.
https://youtu.be/duJZhkkSA-A?t=38s

Beric Dondarrion seems like just an extra in season 1.
https://youtu.be/uKB0ogglzGQ?t=2m17s
Yeah same here, I remember always having google image search open when watching an episode. I'm really bad with names/faces so that helped a lot.

I'm HORRIBLE with remembering names, that's why I'm not a fan of reading books with a million characters, the only reason I remember a lot of Game of Thrones names is cause I've seen the show so much. Even in my most favorite shows, I can only remember a handful of people's names.

sangreal

hbogo used to have a sidebar that explained the houses and other backstory details relevant to each scene but they killed after a few seasons

You notice so much more, little hints at future events, details, names and locations mean something. It's pretty amazing and well crafted.

I'm HORRIBLE with remembering names, that's why I'm not a fan of reading books with a million characters, the only reason I remember a lot of Game of Thrones names is cause I've seen the show so much. Even in my most favorite shows, I can only remember a handful of people's names.

Doesn't help when you've got names like Jaqen, Arya, Tyrion, Tywin, Daenerys, Viserys, Cersei, Ygritte, Missandai.

Nameless

SPHjQWQ.gif

Gilly looked great.

Killed a White Walker, killed a Thenn, survived months beyond The Wall, best friends with the King of Kings, accepted to The Citadel, has a Valyrian Steel sword and a hot First Man girlfriend. Impressive resume for The Slayer. Bonus points for the beard.

sangreal

This happens a million times but here's some cool ones that stood out to me/that I remember.

First time we see Bron.
https://youtu.be/0cyEM57UJks?t=18s

Then we later see a Frey.
https://youtu.be/0cyEM57UJks?t=1m44s

Dragon Glass and Faceless men name drops.
https://youtu.be/uSw7X0i5YfQ?t=1m57s

Jaqen H'ghar is shown for a split second in season 1.
https://youtu.be/duJZhkkSA-A?t=38s

Beric Dondarrion seems like just an extra in season 1.
https://youtu.be/uKB0ogglzGQ?t=2m17s

another one is back at the red wedding the camera pans over a guy wearing house manderly's sigil (presumably the dead son mentioned this past episode by Lady Mormont)

which at least to me meant nothing at the time

sangreal

Does Sansa know about Jon's revival? I might have missed the part where he told her.

it was offscreen, but onscreen he talks in passing about how his brothers killed him so it is clear she knows

obviously the word hasn't gone very far though, since Sam doesn't seem to know and neither did Ramsey. It's actually kind of weird nobody has mentioned his desertion except Ramsey

NomarTyme

it was offscreen, but onscreen he talks in passing about how his brothers killed him so it is clear she knows

obviously the word hasn't gone very far though, since Sam doesn't seem to know and neither did Ramsey. It's actually kind of weird nobody has mentioned his desertion except Ramsey

Ah, then I missed! Thanks!

Dai101

Banned
Killed a White Walker, killed a Thenn, survived months beyond The Wall, best friends with the King of Kings, accepted to The Citadel, has a Valyrian Steel sword and a hot First Man girlfriend. Impressive resume for The Slayer. Bonus points for the beard.

All while looking like this motherfucker

nTryzeR.jpg

What's your excuse neckbeards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom