• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killed a White Walker, killed a Thenn, survived months beyond The Wall, best friends with the King of Kings, accepted to The Citadel, has a Valyrian Steel sword and a hot First Man girlfriend. Impressive resume for The Slayer. Bonus points for the beard.
I'm honestly amazed he still has his belly though. There is like so little food available especially beyond the wall and he looks more than well fed. Maybe he had a secret stash hidden somewhere :p

Gilly looked great.
She really does. I wonder what the script said for that scene "Gilly in the background with her baby"

Jumeira

Banned
Hmm kinda crazy how both Dany and Jon amass reputation, respect and allegiance from troubled beginnings. Both outcasts by name yet they mirror each other throughout the seasons as they grow and develop, i never really thought of it until now. Wonderfully weaved stories.

Dai101

Banned
Jaqen H'ghar is shown for a split second in season 1.
https://youtu.be/duJZhkkSA-A?t=38s

I've been wondering for a while what was Jaqen doing there in the first place. Hmmmm.....

Either that's a big ass baby or Gilly is tiny as hell.

Maybe Gilly had an adventure with Tormund? Lyanna Stark style

bH3C8ow.jpg

it was offscreen, but onscreen he talks in passing about how his brothers killed him so it is clear she knows

obviously the word hasn't gone very far though, since Sam doesn't seem to know and neither did Ramsey. It's actually kind of weird nobody has mentioned his desertion except Ramsey
Yeah, I actually expected a snarky comment from Lady Mormont once they first arrived. But I guess no one cares that he seemingly deserted even though it is immediately to punish with death.

Either that's a big ass baby or Gilly is tiny as hell.
Maybe a mix of both? That baby must be at least 2 or close to it by now because I'm pretty sure 1.5 years or more passed

sangreal

I've been wondering for a while what was Jaqen doing there in the first place. Hmmmm.....

Obviously because he was captured by Meryn Trant while defending Arya!

but in all seriousness, I find it way stranger that he took up the job as a Lannister guard in Harrenhal for seemingly no reason

but in all seriousness, I find it way stranger that he took up the job as a Lannister guard in Harrenhal for seemingly no reason
No questions about it, he was following Arya. Maybe he was actively looking for a new apprentice. Still makes me mad how poorly she chose her 3 names

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Gilly is a babe.
I've always thought she was cute as a button. That kid is getting big too.

I understand the "hate" (Mainly because they're not tentpole characters and people hate when the flow slows down) but I absolutely adore Sam and Gilly as a couple. Are they officially a couple yet? I mean she did sleep with him after he protected her, but did they make it official? Or is he still just a friend keeping a promise, to protect her no matter what? (I have a Gilly of my own ironically. Her name is also ironically Sam. But mine isn't Gilly.) As always, #TeamSilly

Also, I know it was said, but the librarian stole the scene there. Hope we get more of him next season.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I've always thought she was cute as a button. That kid is getting big too.

I understand the "hate" (Mainly because they're not tentpole characters and people hate when the flow slows down) but I absolutely adore Sam and Gilly as a couple. Are they officially a couple yet? I mean she did sleep with him after he protected her, but did they make it official? Or is he still just a friend keeping a promise, to protect her no matter what? (I have a Gilly of my own ironically. Her name is also ironically Sam. But mine isn't Gilly.) As always, #TeamSilly

Also, I know it was said, but the librarian stole the scene there. Hope we get more of him next season.

They are a couple. He introduced her to his parents, they got mad that he was a couple with a wildling woman.

sangreal

Just noticed something else I wouldn't be surprised to see on a 'Previously On' in the future -- Back in Season 1, Jorah explains to a Dothraki that their sickles/arakh are useless against full plate

i dont mind sam and gilly now that they are doing something, like meeting sam's family and now travelling to the grand library and all

they were boring as hell when they were just fillerly though

and gilly is cute as a button :>

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Jaqen was on a bridge and then some old lady came up behind him, next thing he know he's locked up in a cart and working for the Lannisters.
i dont mind sam and gilly now that they are doing something, like meeting sam's family and now travelling to the grand library and all

they were boring as hell when they were just fillerly though

and gilly is cute as a button :>

I've never really had a problem with Sam and Gilly, honestly. Yeah they're not gonna bring about some amazing battle or ride dragons but they always had some cool and cute scenes and they've always been short.

I might have a problem with them if they showed up as much as Dany or Jon but in small doses, like right now, I don't mind them.

Jaqen was on a bridge and then some old lady came up behind him, next thing he know he's locked up in a cart and working for the Lannisters.

I've never really had a problem with Sam and Gilly, honestly. Yeah they're not gonna bring about some amazing battle or ride dragons but they always had some cool and cute scenes and they've always been short.

I might have a problem with them if they showed up as much as Dany or Jon but in small doses, like right now, I don't mind them.

yeah, like right now, i dont mind them either

somehow their parts felt sluggish in S5

but then again S5 was .... a personal low point for me. slow and meandering, mostly and the highs weren't so satisfactory.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You guys posting the Jaqen stuff had me thinking it was some super secret earlier shot of him, but it's the same encampment we meet him in.

Yeah but when you see him in season 1, unless you read the books, it seems like he's just some random dude. It's only a year later that we find out he was an important character.

You guys posting the Jaqen stuff had me thinking it was some super secret earlier shot of him, but it's the same encampment we meet him in.

It's not.

We first see him in King Landing before they leave with Yoren to the Night's Watch. He's hooded though so we don't see his face. The two others that are with him are also different actors than the one's he's locked up with in S2. When they first reveal Jaqens face, "Lovely boy, a man has a thirst, a man does not drink for a day and a night" they are part way to The Wall.

Sam definitely will be in trouble though. He took his father's sword and kinda told him where he wanted to go. According to the map Oldtown really isn't that far away from Hornhill, so someone is probably coming for them. I hope it will be alright though, don't hurt our Gilly please

sjboi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XuCS8W6nY
Think I'll never get tired of seeing this. That music was also very well chosen. It really set the tone on "something very bad is about to happen".

Best scene ever. And the look that Margeary gives at 4:52... Natalie Dormer was absolutely brilliant, just nailed that role!

Re-watching season 4 with roommates, and we just watched the scene where Margeaery first visits Tommen. I couldn't stand Tommen in season 5/6, but looking back, his story is very touching and tragic. I love this show

sangreal

Sam definitely will be in trouble though. He took his father's sword and kinda told him where he wanted to go. According to the map Oldtown really isn't that far away from Hornhill, so someone is probably coming for them. I hope it will be alright though, don't hurt our Gilly please

It's supposed to be his sword anyway iirc

I think all we will get out of it is the sword playing a role in him figuring out how to kill white walkers en masse

Volimar

Once he becomes a maester-in-training, I'm sure they'll protect him. I mean a city that size has to have a decent fighting force.

Artdayne

What I like about watching old seasons is how many names and places go completely over your head until you've seen future episodes. So many houses and people just sound like background noise until a future season when you realize how important they will be.

Yeah, the character that always comes to mind for me is Sandor Clegane. He seemed so insignificant in season 1 yet I was so impressed by how unique they made him with that scar on his face and the story behind it. Obviously we found out later on that he was pretty important.

televator

If Sam's dad come looking for the sword. Sam can find out the secrets of Valyrian steel and be like "oh yeah, father? If I wasn't supposed to have the sword, could I do this?" He turns the sword into a fucking light saber and his dad just turn around and goes home.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So the Lannisters have like...no allies now. Snow and the united north, along with the Vale, have crushed the Boltons. Walder Frey is dead (not that the Freys were any use). Dorne already hated them, and now Cersei has ensured a Tyrrel blood feud. They've got remnants of House Tully but ehhh. And a Targarian is coming back allied with Dorne and Tyrrel.

Good job Cersei.

sangreal

So the Lannisters have like...no allies now. Snow and the united north, along with the Vale, have crushed the Boltons. Walder Frey is dead (not that the Freys were any use). Dorne already hated them, and now Cersei has ensured a Tyrrel blood feud. They've got remnants of House Tully but ehhh. And a Targarian is coming back allied with Dorne and Tyrrel.

Good job Cersei.

I can't see why House Tully would support her. I think her only options outside of the Lannister vassals are little finger and Euron neither of which are very enticing and baelish already declared for House Stark. Maybe whoever is in charge in the stormlands supports her

That said she did command Qyburn to report on the north so she must have some ambition beyond kings landing, however futile

Good job Cersei.

Did they even mention what's the worst that could have happened to her had she lost her trial?

sangreal

Did they even mention what's the worst that could have happened to her had she lost her trial?

I don't think so. The Tyrells got off pretty easy. Loras had to renounce his claims but I doubt that would give her pause -- she doesn't have a valid claim to anything anyway. I could see the mutilation being a problem. Worse of all though I think she just couldn't allow the high sparrow to win. That would have been the greatest punishment of all

Atlantis

Good job Cersei.

The Tullys have as much a reason to hate the Lannisters as any other house, even the Starks and Tyrells. They've never been allies and I really don't see any way for the crown to keep Edmure captive and accounted for for any large length of time, especially after Walder Frey's death.

I don't think so. The Tyrells got off pretty easy. Loras had to renounce his claims but I doubt that would give her pause -- she doesn't have a valid claim to anything anyway. I could see the mutilation being a problem. Worse of all though I think she just couldn't allow the high sparrow to win. That would have been the greatest punishment of all

I wonder if they would lose claim to the throne if it was revealed that Tommen wasn't Roberts. But I don't see how that would give the High Sparrow the right to take it, unless he would be acting king until someone fit to rule was found.

Timbuktu

I wonder if they would lose claim to the throne if it was revealed that Tommen wasn't Roberts. But I don't see how that would give the High Sparrow the right to take it, unless he would be acting king until someone fit to rule was found.

The High Sparrow winning wouldn't be him taking the Crown, but the Church having more power and influence than the Crown, eventually making it irrelevant, which seemed entirely possible since no one really listened to Tommen outside King's Landing.

televator

I can't see why House Tully would support her. I think her only options outside of the Lannister vassals are little finger and Euron neither of which are very enticing and baelish already declared for House Stark. Maybe whoever is in charge in the stormlands supports her

That said she did command Qyburn to report on the north so she must have some ambition beyond kings landing, however futile

Black Fish's nephew is a total muppet. I'm sure the Lannisters can intimidate him into supporting them. Jaime did threaten that he'd hurt his children already.

But yeah it looks like The North, The Reach, Dorne, and The Vale are definitely broken off from KL. The Stomlands are kinda uncertain. Renley and Stannis were from there, but Jofrey and Tommen were more or less recognized as Baratheon. Now that Stannis and Robert's "sons and daughter" are dead, who knows what the fuck is going on in the Stormlands? It would be Varys' or Petyr's likely play to have found out what Eddard Stark found out about Gendry in order to appoint him as warden of the Stormlands.

axb2013

Good job Cersei.

Euron is likely to align with her but I agree, terrible move. Her isolation is the price of staging a coup the way she did. Once she learns of the walkers in the north, she may find a way to use it to her advantage, maybe with help from Qyburn and/or Euron. She has the Lannister army and wildfire. It is not the outcome of the battle between the Lion and the Dragon I'm concerned with, it's how much damage can Cersei do in the process of losing.

On the other hand, the SS won't be happy with the presence of a Lannister, let alone one serving as HOTQ. Tyrion is likely to forgive Olenna for killing Joffrey but Myrcella...
Tyrion might make the same request to Daenerys that Davos made to Jon when Melisandre admitted the truth about Shireen.

Qyburn strikes me as an evil version of Sam and I have a feeling that numerous references to Sam as a wizard throughout all seasons are foreshadowing his arc while at the Citadel. Whatever progress Sam makes at the Citadel will likely be mirrored by Qyburn, leave it to him to find other ways of helping Cersei.

Vagabundo

haha alll hail the unashamedly evil Queen Cersei. It looks like she is ready to just destroy the world.

Starks are on the rise. Dany can go and fall off one of her Dragons. She should have stayed in that nice little bay of hers. #teamstark

What was the mountain doing to that nun?

Did anyone else expect an undead King Tommen?

Wife last night: Where exactly is Westeros? Have any of the characters been there yet?
Me: o_O
Wife: What? I don't pay attention to the geography just the characters.
Me: But we've watched this for 6 years!!

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I feel bad for Tommen.

He was a child, a very meek one, put into a position of power that he wasn't raised to be put in, one that he probably never wanted to be in. He immediately had the claws of manipulation digging into him from his mother, his wife, the high septon. He just wanted to do what was right, he wanted to be a good king, wanted people to be happy. But because of those around him everything started to fall apart, he wasn't happy, wasn't eating, he was depressed and probably suffered from some bad anxiety. Finally he seen first hand just how awful his mother was, and how much she took away from him just like that and she was the only one left in his life that he cared for, but at that moment he stopped caring, for her, for himself, for life itself.

Most people didn't care about Tommen enough to care, I didn't. But his death is definitely a tragic one.

RIP Tommen.

Now what the fuck is gonna happen to Ser Pounce?

There was a moment, the briefest of moments, that Tommen could have snuffed out the Faith Militants if he had any balls. He could have ordered them stopped when they were harassing people in the streets and pouring out wine. He could have stopped them at the moment when they took his wife. But Tommen was too weak.

Seriously though, where the hell were the Gold Cloaks? Gold Cloaks, plus Lannister forces, plus King's Guard could have wiped out the High Sparrow before he even began.

haha alll hail the unashamedly evil Queen Cersei. It looks like she is ready to just destroy the world.

Starks are on the rise. Dany can go and fall off one of her Dragons. She should have stayed in that nice little bay of hers. #teamstark

What was the mountain doing to that nun?

Did anyone else expect an undead King Tommen?

Wife last night: Where exactly is Westeros? Have any of the characters been there yet?
Me: o_O
Wife: What? I don't pay attention to the geography just the characters.
Me: But we've watched this for 6 years!!

Team Stark eh? Let's recap. You've got:

Crippled, marked by the enemy, Treepedia enthusiast who just so happens to be heading to a magical wall that he might end up weakening.

A Punisher like sociopath who skins and bakes people, and then grins like a maniac as she watches her enemies die.

Sansa Stark who's motives for doing things can be as a result of being naive, being dumb, being calculating, being played, being jealous, or any combination thereof. No one seems to know, not even the actress or the show writers. Oh and she also has a part time gig feeding the local dogs at the impound.

Have I missed anyone?

The High Sparrow winning wouldn't be him taking the Crown, but the Church having more power and influence than the Crown, eventually making it irrelevant, which seemed entirely possible since no one really listened to Tommen outside King's Landing.

Yeah this makes plenty sense. Thanks.

Calling a girl a that is different then using it for a guy.

Edit: And I didn't refer to a specific kid as an asshole,and i wouldnt do so.

Sansa is a fictional character, not a real person. It's a word, I'm sorry if it offends you, I'm sorry if I offended you by using it. But to me it's no worse than calling someone an asshole, or a dick, be it man or woman.

And no, you didn't call a specific kid an asshole, no...You just generalized kids as being assholes, much better.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Crippled, marked by the enemy, Treepedia enthusiast who just so happens to be heading to a magical wall that he might end up weakening.

A Punisher like sociopath who skins and bakes people, and then grins like a maniac as she watches her enemies die.

Sansa Stark who's motives for doing things can be as a result of being naive, being dumb, being calculating, being played, being jealous, or any combination thereof. No one seems to know, not even the actress or the show writers. Oh and she also has a part time gig feeding the local dogs at the impound.

Have I missed anyone?
Brutal.

roytheone

I saw some speculation earlier that little finger would betray the starks and ally with Cersei. However, didn't Cersei order the murder of catlyn, the one person baelish really loved in this world? I doubt he would ally with the lannisters because of that.

Seriously though, where the hell were the Gold Cloaks? Gold Cloaks, plus Lannister forces, plus King's Guard could have wiped out the High Sparrow before he even began.

The Gold Cloaks were all paid by Littlefinger were they not? Without him there to pay them, they were probably all gone. I don't remember seeing them since like season 4.

King's Guard is 7 elite knights who worked per Tommens orders, so they wouldn't have done anything without his say so. They eventually swapped armor and wore the faith star instead of the crown and Tommen stripped Jaime of his KG title.

Lannister forces is the biggest missing piece, especially since there are thousands of them out to take back Riverrun from Blackfish. It was too late in season 6 since the people would have revolted, but in season 5 they could have destroyed the Faith Militant.

ASIS

There was a moment, the briefest of moments, that Tommen could have snuffed out the Faith Militants if he had any balls. He could have ordered them stopped when they were harassing people in the streets and pouring out wine. He could have stopped them at the moment when they took his wife. But Tommen was too weak.

Have I missed anyone?
Dany is a queen who kept eye contact with her own brother who was having melted gold poured on him by her husband and she did nothing. If you want to go that path then all characters are twisted.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The Gold Cloaks were all paid by Littlefinger were they not? Without him there to pay them, they were probably all gone. I don't remember seeing them since like season 4.

King's Guard is 7 elite knights who worked per Tommens orders, so they wouldn't have done anything without his say so. They eventually swapped armor and wore the faith star instead of the crown and Tommen stripped Jaime of his KG title.

Lannister forces is the biggest missing piece, especially since there are thousands of them out to take back Riverrun from Blackfish. It was too late in season 6 since the people would have revolted, but in season 5 they could have destroyed the Faith Militant.

But the Gold Cloaks are like the City Guards. Very odd they'd simply up and disappear lol. Yeah and the Lannisters not being there in force is weird too. Previous seasons these guys were gallivanting around all over the place in KL.

Dany is a queen who kept eye contact with her own brother who was having melted gold poured on him by her husband and she did nothing. If you want to go that path then all characters are twisted.

A brother who beat her even when she wanted only to help him. A brother who drew his sword in a holy place where such actions would lead to death, even when he was warned what would happen. A brother who then placed the tip of that sword on her pregnant belly and proceeded to threaten to cut her baby out if he didn't get what he wanted. Oh the stories we can spin when context is thrown to the wayside. You've heard of the term suicide by cop yeah? Her brother ticked off every possible check box to initiate suicide by drogo. He'd be long dead if not for Dany, and how did he repay her? By beating her, by berating her for loving her khalasar, by threatning her. There was no satisfaction in Dany when her brother bought his own death through his actions. Dany even tried to stop him before it was too late. Maybe you don't remember, but we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom