• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Since fire is the main weapon for killing the white walkers. Won't it be a walk in the park for the dragons to annihilate the entire while walker army? I mean what can the white walkers even do against them?

Well the White Walkers themselves seem to be able to disrupt fire as seen when they attacked the Three Eyed Raven's cave. It'd be interesting to see how they fare against dragons. But yeah, the wights (undead army) seem to be afraid of fire, though I don't know if it's been established that they are weak to it.

Nere

Dany was one of my favorite characters when the show first started, but she's become a one-note, cartoonish, cardboard cutout of a character now. She spent years doing nothing in Meereen and now all she does is scream speeches about how she's the mother of dragons and is going to conquer the world. Can you imagine having an actual conversation with her? The friggin' Hound has more subtlety and depth to his character than Dany.

I agree with you and I find her incredibly cheesy and cringeworthy. Everything she says and the way she acts superior to everyone else give a really cringy look on her.

Volimar

It would also be really cool if they used the wildfire to burn down the wights, like catapults armed with it.

As was said at the battle of the Blackwater, catapulting wildfire is probably a bad idea. One broken container and you've basically firebombed yourself.

pestul

It's pretty nerve-wracking that at this point it is still The Starks vs. The World. I mean they have the white walkers coming for their asses, The Lannisters/Freys probably coming from the south and Dany doesn't give a shit when she gets back..

It would be so weird if the white walkers are enough to align bitter enemies to fight along side one another. :S

It's pretty nerve-wracking that at this point it is still The Starks vs. The World. I mean they have the white walkers coming for their asses, The Lannisters/Freys probably coming from the south and Dany doesn't give a shit when she gets back..

It would be so weird if the white walkers are enough to align bitter enemies to fight along side one another. :S

Stark and White Walkers vs Dany would be awesome

Well the White Walkers themselves seem to be able to disrupt fire as seen when they attacked the Three Eyed Raven's cave. It'd be interesting to see how they fare against dragons. But yeah, the wights (undead army) seem to be afraid of fire, though I don't know if it's been established that they are weak to it.

It was established back when Jon saved Lord Commander Mormont from that wight.

Lol.
Though I guess the Starks are dumb enough to side with the White Walkers. What could go wrong?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Xh9dZYN.jpg

Uh, excuse me but...

ASIS

You know, I really like what you've written up here. But this post actually makes me more sad, because I realize she did have growth, especially taking into consideration her crucifying of the masters. So many told her how wrong that was, and it took Selmy to guide her and help her grow as a leader. And she did. So I find her character even more depressing because now I realize that they screwed all that because Episode 9, when she is explaining her plan to Tyrion:

"I will crucify the masters. I will set their fleets afire. Kill every last one of their soldiers and return their castle to dirt."

She didn't learn her lesson. And it's hard to like her when she has a smug look on her face, looking down at Tyrion as he explains to her that what she wants to do is akin to what the Mad King did. Though I hate using this moment as an example, because what comes after is the first time I've liked her in a while. She actually listened to Tyrion and took the advice of an advisor.

Its a shame that she has been dealing with slavers for seasons and seasons and seasons now. In different shapes and forms. It's hard to develop a character who faces the same obstacle time and time again. She really needs to get to Westeros so we can introduce her to some new plot points. I have a feeling that is when she is really going to shine. Or at least I hope so.
Yeah, that line irked me as well, but the point is that there is something going on with her character and she is still finding herself in terms of being a ruler. To me, that shit is awesome.

EDIT: Oh and the fact that she's interacting with more and more mainline characters has been extremely interesting to watch. Her scenes with Tyrion, Theon, and Yara were all very intriguing . i can't wait for her to sail to westeros. Shit will be awesome whether or not she succeeds.

My main problem with Dany on the show is that she's played by someone I consider a poor actress and I think someone who is better suited for the role could have made it more enjoyable.
I really liked her acting these past two seasons though :(
Nothing oscar worthy but nothing distracting either.

So I wanna start watching Season 6. While I do love the series, I kinda don't want to start rewatching everything again to refresh my memory. Not sure if I'll have the time and be up for it anyway. Could you guys tell me perhaps if it I can just watching from season 3 or so? Should I be alright with that?

Einchy

So I wanna start watching Season 6. While I do love the series, I kinda don't want to start rewatching everything again to refresh my memory. Not sure if I'll have the time and be up for it anyway. Could you guys tell me perhaps if it I can just watching from season 3 or so? Should I be alright with that?

You should probably be good.

There's always those Youtube videos where they re-cap seasons, they're good to get a quick reminder of who is who.

My main problem with Dany on the show is that she's played by someone I consider a poor actress and I think someone who is better suited for the role could have made it more enjoyable.

I agree it just adds to my dislike for this character. I'm still holding out hope that her plan fails spectacularly.

I agree it just adds to my dislike for this character. I'm still holding out hope that her plan fails spectacularly.

Same. I doubt it will happen, but that smug face she gets sometimes is really annoying. We've seen what happens to people who get too smug(aside from Baelish) and I hope something happens to her. I'd even be ok with Euron "The Drown God" Greyjoy somehow taking out her fleet and delaying her trip to Westoros.

UrbanRats

Same. I doubt it will happen, but that smug face she gets sometimes is really annoying. We've seen what happens to people who get too smug(aside from Baelish) and I hope something happens to her. I'd even be ok with Euron "The Drown God" Greyjoy somehow taking out her fleet and delaying her trip to Westoros.

Google "Plot Armor".
She and Jon are safe and sound.

Missandei: The ships are ready to sail, your grace.
Daenerys: Good, it's time to take my rightful place as queen of the seven kingdoms.

*Dany prepares to give one them good ol motivational speeches to the Dothraki horde*

Grey Worm: Your grace, the fleet has been burned and destroyed by some stranger.
Tyrion: Well, it looks like we'll not be sailing to Westeros anytime soon.

*Everyone looks and winks at the camera*
*Credits roll*

Loke13

Google "Plot Armor".
She and Jon are safe and sound.
Dany's main function in the story seems to be bringing those dragons to Westeros and a new Army considering Westeros's military might has been crippled by the constant wars when she accomplishes that all bets are off i think.

Einchy

Speaking of constant wars, how many people does Jon even have now? Couple hundreds? Also, it bums me out that The Wildlings who were once 100k strong have been whittled down to pretty much nothing.

The North could possibly now be united under Jon and Sansa but all the armies are probably in a pretty poor shape.

Speaking of constant wars, how many people does Jon even have now? Couple hundreds? Also, it bums me out that The Wildlings who were once 100k strong have been whittled down to pretty much nothing.

The North could possibly now be united under Jon and Sansa but all the armies are probably in a pretty poor shape.

He theoretically has the army of the vale, I suppose. I don't think those guys are going back to the Eyrie any time soon. And they're the largest standing army in Westeros, aren't they?

Dany was one of my favorite characters when the show first started, but she's become a one-note, cartoonish, cardboard cutout of a character now. She spent years doing nothing in Meereen and now all she does is scream speeches about how she's the mother of dragons and is going to conquer the world. Can you imagine having an actual conversation with her? The friggin' Hound has more subtlety and depth to his character than Dany.

No Dany is insufferable for sure. But not only that, I don't even find her sympathetic anymore. Tyrion was right when he suggested she should just set up where she is forever in their first conversation. I can't see a version of her taking the Iron Throne that feels "right" - it all feels like ego. "I must be queen because I should be queen." Does Westeros have any say in that?

Einchy

He theoretically has the army of the vale, I suppose. I don't think those guys are going back to the Eyrie any time soon. And they're the largest standing army in Westeros, aren't they?

Yeah, if they're not the largest than they're one of the largest since they didn't fight in the War of the Five Kings. However, I was referring to the army he had without the Vale, should have specified that. I believe he had two thousand before the battle but by the end it seems like he had a tiny fraction of that.

Loke13

Yeah they are, next to Dorne. The problem is they're not loyal to John they're loyal to Robin who in turn is being controlled by little finger. Really a shitty situation for Jon he won the battle but the north is still in pretty bad shape thanks to Robbs mistakes and the Boltons betrayal. They wouldn't be able to handle the WW even if they tried.

Dai101

Banned

Hardhome really hitted them hard.

But, what does LF wants. He's tecnically the Lord Of the Vale after all.

Yeah they are, next to Dorne. The problem is they're not loyal to John they're loyal to Robin who in turn is being controlled by little finger. Really a shitty situation for Jon he won the battle but the north is still in pretty bad shape thanks to Robbs mistakes and the Boltons betrayal. They wouldn't be able to handle the WW even if they tried.

Well now that the Starks are the lords of the north again I suppose the other houses will be more likely to support them.

Yeah, if they're not the largest than they're one of the largest since they didn't fight in the War of the Five Kings. However, I was referring to the army he had without the Vale, should have specified that. I believe he had two thousand before the battle but by the end it seems like he had a tiny fraction of that.

Oh yeah, in that regard, he might as well have nothing. That being said though, now that he has the North back, he will more than likely reunite the other houses as well. Well, he or Sanse (or even LF).

But, what does LF wants. He's tecnically the Lord Of the Vale after all.

A theory I'm kind of hoping comes to fruition is that
Sansa marries LF, becomes queen of the North, and subsequently kills LF to become sole ruler of the North, essentially becoming the biggest player in the game

ASIS

Hoping Dany fails is hoping the White Walkers win! YOU WANT ALL THE STARKS TO DIE, TOO!?

All will kneel Before Daenerys Targaryen, the first of her name, the Storm Born, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First men, Queen of Mereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

All will kneel Before Daenerys Targaryen, the first of her name, the Storm Born, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First men, Queen of Mereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

I hope she doesn't have to print business cards.

Well LF is in full control of them and he will surely use them to his advantage. To be fair technically Robin has command and maybe we see some shenanigans with Sansa trying to play him or something lol

Dai101

Banned

Actually is; "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the Unburnt, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, The Unhodored and Mother of Dragons"

Einchy

I wonder if GRRM has to type out her titles each time it comes up or if he has a quick copy and paste file for it.

I don't think there is a way Dany or anyone will sit on the throne by the end. Her vision of KL in ruins with Winter in full effect is certainly coming to pass one way or another I bet. That will be her "failure", to simply have nothing left to rule. Then after the white walkers are eventually defeated all Seven Kingdoms declare independence or something :p

ASIS

Actually is; "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the Unburnt, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, The Unhodored and Mother of Dragons"

Ok serious question. I get the whole unburnt, queen of meereen, mother of dragons, the unhonored, and all that.

But where the hell did she get to be Lady Regnant of the seven kingdoms, or the protector of the realm? and the the fuck are they Rhyonar?!

I don't think there is a way Dany or anyone will sit on the throne by the end. Her vision of KL in ruins with Winter in full effect is certainly coming to pass one way or another I bet. That will be her "failure", to simply have nothing left to rule. Then after the white walkers are eventually defeated all Seven Kingdoms declare independence or something :p
Yes I think so, the broken throne room in the winter she saw during her visions will likely be what remains. If Cersei does go through with the wildfire plan then.. yeah I can definitely see that.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yeah they are, next to Dorne. The problem is they're not loyal to John they're loyal to Robin who in turn is being controlled by little finger.

Thats why Sansa should give Littlefinger what he wants, marry him, and then push him out the moondoor.

I have a theory that Dany will turn mad and end up being the last bad in the show. It would be far too predictable for her to end up in the iron throne.

hoos30

A few episodes ago Jaime said that House Tyrell had the second largest army. Presumably the Lannisters have the largest. That would put the Vale no higher than third.

Tonky

Brienne would've been really helpful during the battle. Disappointed she didn't show up with the Knights of the Vale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom