• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
And keep breastfeeding Robyn, which is now like 18 or so.

i think thematically if that were to happen in the show it would be better if Sansa manipulated Robyn into ordering Littlefinger to fly. Would be good stuff to see him lose his shit once the guards grab him by arms.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
You know, I really like what you've written up here. But this post actually makes me more sad, because I realize she did have growth, especially taking into consideration her crucifying of the masters. So many told her how wrong that was, and it took Selmy to guide her and help her grow as a leader. And she did. So I find her character even more depressing because now I realize that they screwed all that because Episode 9, when she is explaining her plan to Tyrion:

"I will crucify the masters. I will set their fleets afire. Kill every last one of their soldiers and return their castle to dirt."

She didn't learn her lesson. And it's hard to like her when she has a smug look on her face, looking down at Tyrion as he explains to her that what she wants to do is akin to what the Mad King did. Though I hate using this moment as an example, because what comes after is the first time I've liked her in a while. She actually listened to Tyrion and took the advice of an advisor.

Its a shame that she has been dealing with slavers for seasons and seasons and seasons now. In different shapes and forms. It's hard to develop a character who faces the same obstacle time and time again. She really needs to get to Westeros so we can introduce her to some new plot points. I have a feeling that is when she is really going to shine. Or at least I hope so.

Can you fault her when those same guys are raining flaming rocks on her citizens? The mistake Dany made was not killing every slave owning cunt. There is no negotiating with people who see other human beings as cattle, as our good friend Tyrion recently found out. Also, I'm pretty damn sure her "I'll raze their cities" comment is a metaphor to she'll eliminate every ounce of power these masters have. Dany has continuously been shown having no interest in hurting actual civilians.

I seriously don't know how some of you are able to show sympathy to the masters. After everything they've done, I think Dany should have given them the Ned Stark ->Jorah treatment and executed every god damn one of them that answered yes to:

"Would you murder and finance armies to reestablish slavery?"

Tonky

There really is no reason for Dany to go to Westeros. You have a city of people that respect you and all the resources that you need. What more do you want? Anything else is just revenge.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
There really is no reason for Dany to go to Westeros. You have a city of people that respect you and all the resources that you need. What more do you want? Anything else is just revenge.

Revenge is a pretty good reason.

Pretty much everyone has died because of revenge or because they believed something was their "right".

StormKing

She wants to take back the Throne that was stolen from her family. It's the Targaryens who united the Seven Kingdoms and forged the Iron Throne.

She still wants more power and probably believes she needs to avenge her family name or something #MakeWesterosTargaryenAgain

Heshinsi

She wants to take back the Throne that was stolen from her family. It's the Targaryens who united the Seven Kingdoms and forged the Iron Throne.

Pretty much. It doesn't matter if you've made a name for yourself in exile when others are occupying the house your ancestors built. Plus, if KL goes the way everyone thinks it will tomorrow, Dany is sorta needed.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

That's like saying there was no good reason for Alexander to leave Greece.

She will sit in the throne but it won't last.

Here's what's going to happen, she'll sit on the Iron Throne with the two smaller Dragons at her side. A company of Lannister soldiers enter the Throne room with the intention of killing her. They don't mind the Dragons because they think Dany wouldn't risk burning alive, if she orders them to spew fire all over the place.

Dany knows she can't be burned, so with a smug look on her face she says "burn them all". The Dragons engulf the throne room in flames, while Dany basks in her victory. She doesn't notice the Throne melting until it's too late.

She suffocates under the molten metal of a thousand swords, and dies just like her brother did.

The End.

How does Danny even go full Mad King anyways? Show is ending at this point, and I feel like the change should have started by now. The whole burning thing has always been a topic and she gets crazy here and there, but she listened to Tyrion. So.. how? What triggers her descent to madness? I would find her character far more interesting than if she stayed a hero IMO. Arya and Danny were some of my favorite characters and are no longer at that point since their storylines have gotten boring over time.

Hell, Arya's storyline is the only weak point of the season. It looks like the double Ds didn't get enough transcripts from GRRIM, because the writing was generic tv bullshit half the time. Just didn't have the magic that we are used to seeing. The climax was also bad tv. Point is I want the interesting Arya back. Don't know how the double Ds managed to fuck such an incredibly interesting organization, I hope GRRIM makes it a lot more interesting then they did.

Heshinsi

How does Danny even go full Mad King anyways? Show is ending at this point, and I feel like the change should have started by now. The whole burning thing has always been a topic and she gets crazy here and there, but she listened to Tyrion. So.. how? What triggers her descent to madness? I would find her character far more interesting than if she stayed a hero IMO. Arya and Danny were some of my favorite characters and are no longer at that point since their storylines have gotten boring over time.

Hell, Arya's storyline is the only weak point of the season. It looks like the double Ds didn't get enough transcripts from GRRIM, because the writing was generic tv bullshit half the time. Just didn't have the magic that we are used to seeing. The climax was also bad tv. Point is I want the interesting Arya back. Don't know how the double Ds managed to fuck such an incredibly interesting organization, I hope GRRIM makes it a lot more interesting then they did.

D&D said that's not who she is. You can wish for your Jon to turn heel if you want, I'll pray with you :)

From time to time it occurs to me again how useless KL seems to be at actually, ya know, ruling over the realm. Like nobody would miss them if they suddenly vanished. Seems like all they do for the most part is throwing parties, scheming, talking and killing each other. Their decisions/ruling are usually local and only seem to apply to KL itself, while the actual governance is done in the Kingdoms by their respective lords. While that's probably a fairly realistic depiction, it's still funny sometimes how little of a shit they seem to give about stuff that goes on elsewhere. Joffrey at least seemed pretty determined to take back the North from Robb, but now no one really seems to care what's going on there besides Cersei throwing a fit a while ago and ordering LF of all people to fix it, even though the Lannister army should take care of it. I guess they are unable to look beyond Riverrun, which suddenly became important for a second, but ignoring the Boltons entirely :p

I guess without Varys they really are blind considering they don't even seem to have a hint about what Dany has been up to.

At this point every possible twist has probably been discussed somewhere in great detail already, so we probably need to accept there won't be much "unpredictable" anymore. Unless they say screw it, kill everyone and really make the walkers win, but some people even expect that, so :p

I re-watched the preview for the next episode, does anything think there is
a chance of Jaime Lannister being murdered or attempted murdered of Frey or vice versa? Jaime is having dinner with Frey in the trailer. Or would Jaime have any reason to kill the Freys?

Heshinsi

So if Jon's a Targ, why can't he turn mad? My prediction is that Sansa after her moment of being a responsible pet owner and feeding her rescued dogs, will come to enjoy these moments of absolute dickory. When Ramsay said that he'll live on in her, he wasn't kidding. Jon on the other hand will find out his true parentage from LF in a moment similar to this:

vader.jpg

And just like how the Emperor groomed Vader to become evil, so too will LF groom Jon to take up the mantle of the Mad King. LF will rule from the shadows, as Westeros' new Mad King wreaks havoc. In the end Jon "the Mad King" Targ-Stark will kill LF and sacrifice himself to save the kingdom from invading Ewo...White Walkers.

Volimar

a chance of Jaime Lannister being murdered or attempted murdered of Frey or vice versa? Jaime is having dinner with Frey in the trailer. Or would Jaime have any reason to kill the Freys?

Jaime gets the honor of being there when Arya slits Walder Frey's throat. I'm making this death happen by sheer force of will.

Dai101

Banned
So if Jon's a Targ, why can't he turn mad? My prediction is that Sansa after her moment of being a responsible pet owner and feeding her rescued dogs, will come to enjoy these moments of absolute dickory. When Ramsay said that he'll live on in her, he wasn't kidding. Jon on the other hand will find out his true parentage from LF in a moment similar to this:

And just like how the Emperor groomed Vader to become evil, so too will LF groom Jon to take up the mantle of the Mad King. LF will rule from the shadows, as Westeros' new Mad King wreaks havoc. In the end Jon "the Mad King" Targ-Stark will kill LF and sacrifice himself to save the kingdom from invading Ewo...White Walkers.

WpnsnSl.gif

No,
what do the Freys have to gain from murdering Lannister soldiers and rebelling against the crown? Why would Jaime put all that time and troops in retaking Riverrun for the Freys only to murder them?

Here's what's going to happen, she'll sit on the Iron Throne with the two smaller Dragons at her side. A company of Lannister soldiers enter the Throne room with the intention of killing her. They don't mind the Dragons because they think Dany wouldn't risk burning alive, if she orders them to spew fire all over the place.

Dany knows she can't be burned, so with a smug look on her face she says "burn them all". The Dragons engulf the throne room in flames, while Dany basks in her victory. She doesn't notice the Throne melting until it's too late.

She suffocates under the molten metal of a thousand swords, and dies just like her brother did.

The End.
wolviedead.png

Window

Legend has it he still uses a DOS word processor to write the books, so copy and paste may be asking a lot.

Don't many old text editors and word processors have very useful text manipulation commands accessible through key bindings? I don't think using an old word processor is as much of a hindrance as people make it out to be.

No,
what do the Freys have to gain from murdering Lannister soldiers and rebelling against the crown? Why would Jaime put all that time and troops in retaking Riverrun for the Freys only to murder them?

yeah,
but I think it is a possibility that Lannisters want Frey dead and then they can have Riverrun directly and the Twins. I just want to see Frey get killed I suppose.

It's the incest thing bruh. Wasn't there a saying about targaryans and flipping a coin as to whether they'd be mad or sane?

The further reference this with Viserys himself being kinda nutty and Daenarys is already talking about burning down cities and whatnot.

See also: Joffrey.

Heshinsi

It's the incest thing bruh. Wasn't there a saying about targaryans and flipping a coin as to whether they'd be mad or sane?

That quote was from Cersei, who gives a shit what that dumb hack says. Dany only ever said she's burn cities down once, while in the middle of an invasion, while her people were being slaughtered, out of justifiable anger. Cersei wasn't born from incest, what's her excuse?

"Cersei marry Loras."

I'm going to burn our house to the ground!

"Cersei here's Marcella's necklace we got in the mail."

I'm going to burn their cities to the ground!

"Mommy I'm scared."

Don't worry little lion, I'll burn each and every one of their cities to the ground before I'll let anyone touch you.

"Jaime, in a few words tell us what your sister's favourite go to phrase is."

Jamie: Well that's easy. She likes to say, "I will burn ______ to the ground!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom