• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I thought she was Jon's brother. Wasn't danys father the one that raped lyanna?

No that was her brother Rhaegar. The Mad King was both Rhaegar's and Dany's father. There was just a big age difference between the two

sixghost

Sending her away was still a mistake though, I feel. Jon felt she needed to be punished and didn't want to kill her so sent her away because it was "right" but I'm not sure it was the smartest play.

Kid is definitely a Stark.

If he didn't want to kill her, it was the only thing he could have done. Otherwise Davos would have left, or killed her himself.

I honestly believe Jon would rather be Warden of the North than King of Westeros. He has no connection to everything else and he doesn't seem to be the type of person who would enjoy that. I think he would want to remain and stay with his people in the North

Do you think Meli will end up joining Dany?

She thinks the Lord of Light has a plan for Jon, so I don't think she would turn against him. What might present a problem though, is if Dany brought the other Red Priestess with her. Can't have the followers of the same deity thinking two different people are the Ones Who Were Promised.

mm04

Yeah, no way is Sansa betraying Jon. The look was "Great, now Littlefinger is going to plot against Jon..." reaction. He just told her his rainbows and unicorns vision and now the King of the North has a ton of support. Talk about plan backfire.

I think Jon just doesn't want the White Walkers to kill every living thing south of the Wall at the moment. The Iron Throne seems like the farthest thing from his mind.

fSHL904.gif

Arya's storyline redeemed

I wasn't expecting Arya at all this episode.

When she was saying your sons are already here. I was expecting them to be hanging in the darkness or something, killed by Jaime since he asked what use they had for them.

More happened this episode than most of last season, the pace everything is moving at is crazy fast.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wasn't expecting Arya at all this episode.

When she was saying your sons are already here. I was expecting them to be handing in the darkness or something, killed by Jaime since he asked what use they had for them.

More happened this episode than most of last season, the pace everything is moving at is crazy fast.

I figured we would get the reverse of this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1VEoOZ2hA

Great reveal to not only see her in Westeros but being able to change faces.

He was in there for sure, sitting on the other side of Mace I think.

He treated her in a way that would have gotten him killed regardless provided with how crazy she is.

She wasn't even surprised that Tommen was dead, or at least seemed to have had no reaction to it. Like yeah, oh well.

BruceCLea

Banned
I love that even though Cersei scored a huge victory been then lost her son immediately as a repercussion of her actions. Everybody pays their dues on this show. Great finale.

sixghost

What a fantastic episode. Shame about Margaery, felt her character could still have been interesting but I guess with the King gone the Tyrell's were fucked anyway.

I still have problems with Arya's storyline. I actually think they botched it really. We haven't seen her grow to be a great assassin, she was still doing stupid shit right at the end of her time with the faceless men. Now shes some wonder assassin capable of destroying a house. Ok it was the Freys but we never saw her anywhere near the level of skill needed to do what she did. Also do you think Hot Pie helped? :D

So Arya has to meet Melisandre as some point, I wonder if shes going to Kings Landing to kill Cersei or Winterfell to see her siblings.

I am also not convinced the Black Fish is dead, his death was so odd by GoT standards and he's been named dropped a few times since his "death".

Cersei is gonna be on the throne a good 5 mins.

I wonder if Sam will have a hard time convincing the maesters that the white walkers are back and if he does, surely they'll do more than just train him?

Jon is the rightful heir to the throne, but I doubt he wants it. If Bran ever reveals the truth and it becomes public knowledge it will be interesting to see what Danny does.

Who is left of house Tyrell? Olena is old, shes gonna have to kick ass fast.

Whoever found the girl playing Lyanna Mormont is a god damn genius.
Well how great an assassin do you need to be if you can perfectly disguise yourself as another person? Important people always need to have common people surrounding them, which is what makes the faceless men so dangerous. That scene completely justified her entire S5 and S6 arc.

Curufinwe

I think Jon just doesn't want the White Walkers to kill every living thing south of the Wall at the moment. The Iron Throne seems like the farthest thing from his mind.

So then he'll probably come to the conclusion at some point that the only way to stop them is to become King first.

I have some grievances with this episode, mostly due to some amateur dialogue, but otherwise it was pretty great. The season overall was way better than the previous but the boring / stupid episodes in the middle bring it down. The highs were really freakin high.

GreyWind

She thinks the Lord of Light has a plan for Jon, so I don't think she would turn against him. What might present a problem though, is if Dany brought the other Red Priestess with her. Can't have the followers of the same deity thinking two different people are the Ones Who Were Promised.

That's true but how will she come back to Jon? Maybe she shows up in a moment of need? Can the Lord of Light give her a different face? Ahhh so many questions

-griffy-

Banned
Ahh thanks. The guy that had the gold put on his head was also danys brother correct?
Correct. They were only babies when all that shit went down with the Mad King and Robert's Rebellion, which is why they were sent to Essos in the first place, and coincidently why Ned lied about Jon's true parentage. Robert would have killed any Targaryen baby in the Seven Kingdoms.

There's so much I want to discuss that I don't think I can handle it.

Cerci is fucked. Jamie vs the Mountain? Any guesses on how the mountain will go down?

iNvid02

it was hard to get enough satisfaction from arya slicing walder frey even with her savouring it a little, maybe it's because the red wedding played out so gradually and was so vicious. Here arya just turned up with hotpies with a dash of frey

On the bright side seeing jon and Sansa talk about winter finally arriving and then him being hailed as the King in the north was immensely satisfying for me

Curufinwe

I have some grievances with this episode, mostly due to some amateur dialogue, but otherwise it was pretty great. The season overall was way better than the previous but the boring / stupid episodes in the middle bring it down. The highs were really freakin high.

Nothing makes me roll my eyes harder than message board script writing experts.

The amount of amazing scenes in this episode was insane. I actually kind of forgot about the Dany and Tyrion scene until just now but it was a beautiful moment as well

KevinRo

Fuck. I just had giant realization. The Three Eyed Raven was alive all that time just to tell Bran that Jon is the son of a Targaryen. WHICH IS ALL RELEVANT TO THE WHITE WALKERS AND SOMEHOW BECAUSE HE CAN PROBABLY RIDE DRAGONS AND BURN THEM UP AND SHTI AND FUCK I"M TOO EXCITED. FUCK I REMEMBER DANY'S PREMONITION AT KING'S LANDING AND FUCK I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR FOR THSI SHIT?

Fuck. I just had giant realization. The Three Eyed Raven was alive all that time just to tell Bran that Jon is the son of a Targaryen. WHICH IS ALL RELEVANT TO THE WHITE WALKERS AND SOMEHOW BECAUSE HE CAN PROBABLY RIDE DRAGONS AND BURN THEM UP AND SHTI AND FUCK I"M TOO EXCITED. FUCK I REMEMBER DANY'S PREMONITION AT KING'S LANDING AND FUCK I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR FOR THSI SHIT?
What if the reason there is three dragons is one for Danarys, Jon Snow, and an unknown Targaryen? All three of them will fly the dragons to take on the white walkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom