• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I find significant about this.

They are kneeling to Robb, as a someone who would command it. I am your king, kneel before me.

They are raising their swords for Jon, as someone who has earned their respect. Doesn't choose to be king, but has proven himself worthy of one.

Yup, great gif.

gatti-man

This show just gets better and better. The all time GOAT. What an amazing time to be alive. I just can't believe how good tonight was holy shit.

I thought she was taken? And why would she be worried about the baby being killed if a Targaryen was the current ruler? Why would that even be a secret if it was supposed to obviously be his kid?

This was happening during Robert's Rebellion. He made it his personal mission to kill every Targaryen no matter how young. If he knew about Jon, he most likely would have had him killed

pestul

So how are the white walkers getting through? It almost feels like the only way is if they somehow commandeer the dragons to melt it for them.

Sams story will likely have huge implications I believe. He's going to find something else useful to the fight in that library.

Not sure how it is with you guys but the response on social media on my end is immense. Universal praise.

Good lord the Season premiere next year is going to be enormous ratings

Oreoleo

The sounds effects made it sound like he was undoing his belt or something. Also The Mountain raped the sister of the Red Viper.

I didn't catch the sound effects (too focused on her screaming) but good point in regards to Elia. I guess I almost don't consider the Mountain the same character anymore so his past actions and motivations aren't even considered anymore in my mind. Maybe I let the Frankenstein comparisons influence me too much.

Cersei put in dat work....

9gdaWBf.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Amazing. How'd I miss this?

Ferrio

Banned
So how are the white walkers getting through? It almost feels like the only way is if they somehow commandeer the dragons to melt it for them.

Sams story will likely have huge implications I believe. He's going to find something else useful to the fight in that library.

He went to Hogwarts, he'll become a wizard.

I didn't catch the sound effects (too focused on her screaming) but good point in regards to Elia. I guess I almost don't consider the Mountain the same character anymore so his past actions and motivations aren't even considered anymore in my mind. Maybe I let the Frankenstein comparisons influence me too much.
That is what makes it even more messed up if he indeed raped her.

Nameless

I think she will end up with The Brotherhood and The Hound.

That's a good name for a spin-off. The Brotherhood and The Hound. lol.

lol.

I could see that too. I'm just happy she's alive. As long as she doesn't bump into Arya on the road she should have some role to play in the future.

sangreal

I thought she was taken? And why would she be worried about the baby being killed if a Targaryen was the current ruler? Why would that even be a secret if it was supposed to obviously be his kid?

its after the mad king and rhaegar is dead (Ned mentions this when he first gets to the tower)

Robert would have Rhaegar's bastard killed just like Joffrey did to Robert's bastards

Xamdou

Looked like it started with "His name is" -- maybe "His name is Jon, he's Rhaegar's son, take him in as your own"?

Probably, just watched the ep again but the dead giveaway was her saying clearly: "If Robert find's out he'll kill him, you know he will. You have to protect him."

Volimar

It's ambivalent whether she was taken or whether she was with the Targaryan of her own accord. Robert always said she was taken and raped and murdered, but then he was kind of biased. The Targaryans were losing and she knew if Robert knew that Jon was the bastard baby of a Targaryan that killed her while being born, he'd kill the baby without hesitation.

I just rewatched the R+L=J scene and fucking lost it. It was as perfect as I hoped. The music and transition to the "King in the North" scene were absolutely flawless.

Venture

Some were speculating that when Bran passes through the wall with the Night King's mark still on him it will disable the wall's magic. I don't really like that theory though. Why were they still trying to kill Bran if they need him to disable the wall?

I could see that too. I'm just happy she's alive. As long as she doesn't bump into Arya on the road she should have some role to play in the future.

"Maybe the lord brought you back just for this, only to have you die again."

Maybe Meli was around just to bring Jon back.

Though I don't think so, I feel she is end game. She might very well meet up with Arya now that they are both in Westeros, but that definitely does not mean it's the end for her if she does.

She has been waiting to die, she said it herself, we saw how old she is. She's being kept alive for a reason still, otherwise she would be dead the moment she brought Jon back, and I don't see how meeting up with Arya will change that.

In my humble opinion we just had the best 2 episodes of this series back to back. That alone makes Season 6 the best ever so far for me even if there were some issues and slow parts scattered throughout

Rhaegar Targaryen, the one who supposedly kidnapped, raped and murdered her. She tells Ned if Robert knew, he'd have Jon killed.

I don't know if my question is book speculation or unwritten/unknown yet:
did Rhaegar truly kidnap and rape Lyanna or were they in love and ran away together?

Yoyoyoyoyo

Watching the tower of joy scene again they focused on Sir Arthur Danes sword. Is it made out of something special? Did maybe Ned bring it back to Winterfell? Could John use the sword if he did.........Dawn=Light Bringer?

nubbe

In my humble opinion we just had the best 2 episodes of this series back to back. That alone makes Season 6 the best ever so far for me even if there were some issues and slow parts scattered throughout

they are great thanks to years of complex drama build up

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't know if my question is book speculation or unwritten/unknown yet:
did Rhaegar truly kidnap and rape Lyanna or were they in love and ran away together?

The implication from this scene and past, is that the official story is all a bunch of bullshit and they loved each other.

Nameless

So many R+L=J hints in this scene between Jon and his Uncle Aemon from S1.

"If the day should ever come when your Lord father was forced to choose between honor on the one hand and those he loves on the other, what would he do?"

This opens up a whole knew set of issues for Jon to brood over. The Mountain murdered his brothers. His grandfather burned his other grandfather alive. And his Aunt is coming to take his Crown.

Oreoleo

was thinking a couple episodes ago that natalie dormer seemed way underused for the last season or two and i guess that makes more sense now

This almost makes her death more annoying to me. She effectively could have died like 15 episodes ago and it wouldn't have changed anything. Waste of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom