• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

Fuck. I just had giant realization. The Three Eyed Raven was alive all that time just to tell Bran that Jon is the son of a Targaryen. WHICH IS ALL RELEVANT TO THE WHITE WALKERS AND SOMEHOW BECAUSE HE CAN PROBABLY RIDE DRAGONS AND BURN THEM UP AND SHTI AND FUCK I"M TOO EXCITED. FUCK I REMEMBER DANY'S PREMONITION AT KING'S LANDING AND FUCK I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR FOR THSI SHIT?

I love reactions like this. These last seasons are going to be something to behold.

Not enough love being given to the moment when Dany gives Tyrion the pin. After everything he's been through, his time serving as the hand, having it taken away from him, etc.

It was just such a touching moment to see everything he's done lead to this moment.

Not enough love being given to the moment when Dany gives Tyrion the pin. After everything he's been through, his time serving as the hand, having it taken away from him, etc.

It was just such a touching moment to see everything he's done lead to this moment.
I had feels for that. Especially when he has been shit on his entire life including his family.

I said to my wife after it that it was incredible. I just want tyrion to he so happy. He's legit my favorite character on television

Fantastic acting too with Tyrion nearly crying.

That's true but how will she come back to Jon? Maybe she shows up in a moment of need? Can the Lord of Light give her a different face? Ahhh so many questions

I assume that Jon would seek her out once the King breaches the Wall. I don't know exactly how she would help, but she made it seem like she would be integral to taking out the White Walkers.

Venture

it was hard to get enough satisfaction from arya slicing walder frey even with her savouring it a little, maybe it's because the red wedding played out so gradually and was so vicious. Here arya just turned up with hotpies with a dash of frey

On the bright side seeing jon and Sansa talk about winter finally arriving and then him being hailed as the King in the north was immensely satisfying for me
Did Walder even take a bite of the food? I wish they'd shown him chowing down for a little while before Arya's reveal.

In the scene where Littlefinger told Sansa his plans, after Sansa started to walk away it looked like Littlefinger turned to his side as if he heard or was listening to something? did anyone else catch that?

Stolen from tumblr:

tumblr_o9et9hoRg21vr5m5eo3_250.gif
tumblr_o9et9hoRg21vr5m5eo2_250.gif

tumblr_o9et9hoRg21vr5m5eo1_250.gif
tumblr_o9et9hoRg21vr5m5eo6_250.gif

tumblr_o9et9hoRg21vr5m5eo4_250.gif
tumblr_o9et9hoRg21vr5m5eo5_250.gif

You know what I find significant about this.

They are kneeling to Robb, as a someone who would command it. I am your king, kneel before me.

They are raising their swords for Jon, as someone who has earned their respect. Doesn't choose to be king, but has proven himself worthy of one.

zero_suit

Every Tyrion and Dany scene is good.

rambis

Banned
What a fantastic episode. Shame about Margaery, felt her character could still have been interesting but I guess with the King gone the Tyrell's were fucked anyway.

I still have problems with Arya's storyline. I actually think they botched it really. We haven't seen her grow to be a great assassin, she was still doing stupid shit right at the end of her time with the faceless men. Now shes some wonder assassin capable of destroying a house. Ok it was the Freys but we never saw her anywhere near the level of skill needed to do what she did. Also do you think Hot Pie helped? :D

So Arya has to meet Melisandre as some point, I wonder if shes going to Kings Landing to kill Cersei or Winterfell to see her siblings.

I am also not convinced the Black Fish is dead, his death was so odd by GoT standards and he's been named dropped a few times since his "death".

Cersei is gonna be on the throne a good 5 mins.

I wonder if Sam will have a hard time convincing the maesters that the white walkers are back and if he does, surely they'll do more than just train him?

Jon is the rightful heir to the throne, but I doubt he wants it. If Bran ever reveals the truth and it becomes public knowledge it will be interesting to see what Danny does.

Who is left of house Tyrell? Olena is old, shes gonna have to kick ass fast.

Whoever found the girl playing Lyanna Mormont is a god damn genius.
Ehh Arya made a small mistake but the way she played the waif was amazing. Hell Arya was a good assasin before she even set sail to bravos. She's been hood at tricking people most of the show. She even had Twyin fooled.

So then he'll probably come to the conclusion at some point that the only way to stop them is to become King first.

Maybe, but if it came down to Dany and Jon Snow, I would hope based on their characters, that he would be able to reason with her to join forces instead of fighting another battle, losing more men and weakening their chances against the looming threat. Her main advisor is familiar with Jon, familiar with the Night's Watch. In my mind, he gladly let's Dany take the throne as long as she joins forces to fight the White Walkers.

Seems the consensus is Jon is a Targaryan?

Not me. I'm betting he's Robert's son after a secret fling with his true love.

Jon is really Gendrys son

See, Gendry on his boat, was swallowed by a whirlpool. But not just any whirlpool, it was a whirlpool that led to Lyannas bedroom. They made out, she got pregnant. That night, Rhaegar came in and stabbed Gendry thinking him for the uh, the fat Baratheon, y'know, that one.

So in a twisted fate, Jon is really a Baratheon+Stark.

And timetravel is a thing in the ocean.

It's why when someone remarks they're going on a voyage, they magically teleport across landmasses.

It also explains Varys.

I have a random theory that Benjen is working for the Night King. They stabbed him with an ice sword right? And then he claimed the children of the forest saved him.

He said that he can't go through the wall because of the magic seal, right? I think he saved Bran and is sending him to the wall since Bran is marked, and thus it will break the seal on the wall and allow the dead to go through- based on the theory many have mentioned here that Bran's mark will break the seal in the same way it did where the Three Eyed Raven was.

Plissken

What a great episode, and a fantastic finale. Gave us tons of information, and set up what is sure to be an amazing final season.

Also, the music playing over the trial / lead up to the destruction of the Sept of Baelor, might be the best piece of original music for a television series I've ever heard.

He's not Robert's son. The whole reason they went to war is because Lyanna ran off with Rheagar to get away from Robert.

eh, that wouldn't make ense. besides the targaryen men ned had to cut down to get in there --- it is the whole reason Robert started the rebellion
I thought she was taken? And why would she be worried about the baby being killed if a Targaryen was the current ruler? Why would that even be a secret if it was supposed to obviously be his kid?

I have a random theory that Benjen is working for the Night King. They stabbed him with an ice sword right? And then he claimed the children of the forest saved him.

He said that he can't go through the wall because of the magic seal, right? I think he saved Bran and is sending him to the wall since Bran is marked, and thus it will break the seal on the wall and allow the dead to go through- based on the theory many have mentioned here that Bran's mark will break the seal in the same way it did where the Three Eyed Raven was.

I'd also like to know how exactly Meera is supposed to get him to the wall from where they are. Benjen didn't even leave them a horse, what a bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom