• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Daenery's is dying just like that.

She will be the Queen and will just leave the north to Jon, just as she will leave the Seaston Chair to Yara

Dany seems unstoppable with all things considered, but it's beyond obvious the white walkers will upset the balance of it all. Once she finds out that Jon has more of a claim to the throne than she does, things will also get very interesting.

Well, perhaps Jon will be able to fly one of the dragons, knowing what we know now. And if Bran warg's into the other one...

It would explain why 2 are smaller of the 3

tootsi666

I wonder how Jon's parentage will be revealed to the lords of Westeros. No-one would believe Bran. Howland Reed should still be alive but I'm not sure if anyone who doesn't already support Jon would believe him either.

He's still rowing.

Deleted scene from the finale:

gendry-still-rowing.gif

gendry-in-the-boats-game-of-thrones-hardhome.png

Miguel Sapochnik the gawd

Some studio is going to pay him stacks and hell never direct another episode :(

If HBO are at all smart they mailing him stacks and stacks of cash to direct as many episodes as possible until this thing ends. He has delivered 2 of the most beautifully shot episodes in the history of TV

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
FOR REAL!!

I get that this episode was awesome and there's a lot to take in but I can't believe I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. How that dude got from Dorne back to Essos in like a day is beyond me.

It's probably been more than a day? It's very difficult to say how much time is passing in the show between different events. For all we know many weeks have passed. Several of the plot lines don't directly overlap, and we could be seeing stuff happen out of order chronologically. Just look at Theon's plotline since he returned to the Iron Isles. Several months have passed since then most likely. The Iron Isles are thousands of miles away from Essos. But on the show it seems like they got to Essos in 'like a day'.

harSon

Banned
I thought the faceless assassins couldn't alter their bodies, cause that girl arya was mimicking is way taller than her lmao

Ridli

Littlefinger's look to Sansa? Is that foreshadowing of him turning against House Stark?

No doubt. Dude just let Sansa know that he wants to be the King of Everything w/ Sansa as his Queen, and then immediately a charismatic is crowned as the ruler of the North. Petyr won't like it. The only fortunate thing is that Sansa knows what a heel he is.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Littlefinger's look to Sansa? Is that foreshadowing of him turning against House Stark?
He wants to be on the iron throne with her beside her. He wanted Sansa as queen of the north. Jon is an obstacle that he will try and overcome at some point.

Jon is the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, who either kidnapped and raped her or ran away with her as lovers. Because Robert wanted to kill all Targaryens, and because Lyanna was promised to him, he would have killed Jon if he found out the truth. So, Ned lied and claimed the child as his.

I liked how the show mentioned that the great honourable Ned Stark had a bastard and she must have been some woman to make him forget his honour. Plus how much Catelyn Stark hated having Jon around as a reminder of his infidelity. It seemed out of character for a husband like Ned to be humiliating her like that. Now I see how important it was for the greater good.

Respect

I also liked that scene happening RIGHT THE FUCK AFTER Cersei gloating to shame chick about how she won- basically saying that Cersei got her last child killed because she was more concerned with fucking up her enemies than consoling her son right after she murdered his wife.

Fixed...doubt her being with him would have changed much. He had to have known she was involved, that is why he committed suicide.

Perfect.

zma1013

I bet Gendry ends up on the throne

After the great battle of Westeros and everyone is dead and the white walkers are vanquished, Gendry finally shows up on the shore of King's Landing in his row boat, walks through the burnt and charred city, through the empty halls of the red keep, and finally sits upon the throne and utters one phrase... "Just according to Keikaku."

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
So Arya did walk away from her training with more than just an ability to fight in the dark. She can do the Faceless voodoo. What a perfect way to end Walder Frey.

I don't like her, but watching the rise of Sith Lord Cersei was awesome. Great costume design. She's officially back in the game with her dark maester on one side, and her frankenknight on the other.

I couldn't tell if Sansa was pleased or unsettled with the North siding with Jon as king. At first she seemed ok with it, but I'm wondering if Littlefinger is in her head. The final shot showed her expression change.
I think she realized that Jon was now a threat to Littlefinger. She was like "oh fuck... I gotta out trick the tricketer god"

Sheroking

The Tower of Joy reveal was so masterfully done. Just 10/10 awesome.

The only problem I had with it, is they didn't drop an anvil on our heads so people are going to have crank theories about Jon not being the baby. As if that were in any way ambiguous.

No doubt. Dude just let Sansa know that he wants to be the King of Everything w/ Sansa as his Queen, and then immediately a charismatic is crowned as the ruler of the North. Petyr won't like it. The only fortunate thing is that Sansa knows what a heel he is.

Am I the only one who has a crush on Littlefinger? I would totally have melted if I were Sansa haha

rambis

Banned
LF has never aligned himself with the Starks. You have to remember he was the one who captured Ned in the first place. He has only ever wanted Cat and now Sansa.

What I dont understand is his motivation. LF seems to still be playing the game while the North is preparing for the Walkers. How will their paths cross I wonder.

Man, the parallel between Jamie killing the king and his sister doing the same thing as the king...

There is no way Jamie gets his honour back. There's just no redemption story for him like we saw for Jon, right?

It was telling this episode how unlike his sister he is, and how he really is a good person. It's sad to imagine him dying with only Brienne knowing who he truly was.

Arya already has her eyes on Jamie, he'll like continue to drift from Cersei, Dany is probably going to want his head (but I wonder if we'll see Tyrion/Jamie reunite)

Joco

Did the Mountain really rape the nun? I figured he just took off his helmet and then physically starting twisting limbs or something.

kevin1025

Banned
Man, the parallel between Jamie killing the king and his sister doing the same thing as the king...

There is no way Jamie gets his honour back. There's just no redemption story for him like we saw for Jon, right?

It was telling this episode how unlike his sister he is, and how he really is a good person. It's sad to imagine him dying with only Brienne knowing who he truly was.

Arya already has her eyes on Jamie, he'll like continue to drift from Cersei, Dany is probably going to want his head.

My guess for Jaime is that he killed the Mad King Targaryen as the enemy was at the gate, and that he will face a similar choice with Cersei with Dany at the gate.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Blader

Fuck. Wow. That episode was incredible. They stuffed a TON of plot developments into this and every one of them left me grinning (well, except the end of Margarey, r.i.p.). Some long overdue and satisfying conclusions, one long-time theory confirmed, and all of it pretty perfectly woven into the aftermath of the last couple episodes at the same time. The balancing act of characters and subplots tonight was just really well done.

Miguel Sapochnik directed the hell out of this; I think, in some respects, it's an even more impressively made episode than Battle of the Bastards. I hope Benioff and Weiss have dug some contractual claws into him for the next two years so that he can deliver a couple more amazing hours for the show like these two and Hardhome.

Best episode of the season, best finale of the entire show, and I'm tempted to think S6 was the best overall season. I had nowhere near the antipathy toward S5 that most of you seemed to have, I liked it for the most part, but it was one of the weaker years of the show for me. This season was a huge rebound. And now the wait begins again.

LF has never aligned himself with the Starks. You have to remember he was the one who captured Ned in the first place. He has only ever wanted Cat and now Sansa.

What I dont understand is his motivation. LF seems to still be playing the game while the North is preparing for the Walkers. How will their paths cross I wonder.

Littlefinger says he wants to be the King. Wasn't he just a nobody, with some incredible desire to be a somebody?

He seems to be causing a drift between Sansa, the true heir, and Jon, the heir everyone swore to. He needs Sansa to be the true heir, so that he can be her husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom