• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
UE0cMkl.gif

LMAO

Magneto-perfection.gif

My guess for Jaime is that he killed the Mad King Targaryen as the enemy was at the gate, and that he will face a similar choice with Cersei with Dany at the gate.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

That seems like where it's heading, yet it seems unlikely. He pretty much lives for Cersei...yet he killed the mad king because he was going to kill everyone, and he had a heart to not let that happen.

Still, Dany can't exactly kill Jamie if Tyrion is her advisor.

Respect

Olena is amazing too (even though her part was brief here, it was still great), love her character ever since she was introduced, like her more every time I see her.

rambis

Banned
Littlefinger says he wants to be the King. Wasn't he just a nobody, with some incredible desire to be a somebody?

He seems to be causing a drift between Sansa, the true heir, and Jon, the heir everyone swore to. He needs Sansa to be the true heir, so that he can be her husband.
Ah I see yeah. It seems LF still doesnt know or care about the WW. But its officially winter and hes about as far north as he can be.

AgeEighty

So Jaime is definitely going to kill Cersei.

Not only will it fulfill the last piece of Maggy the Frog’s prophecy - that her brother would kill her one day (though Cersei has always assumed it referred to Tyrion).

It will also bring him full circle as the Kingslayer, because Cersei has just done what he killed Aegon for attempting to do.

Not only will it fulfill the last piece of Maggy the Frog’s prophecy - that her brother would kill her one day (though Cersei has always assumed it referred to Tyrion).

It will also bring him full circle as the Kingslayer, because Cersei has just done what he killed Aegon for attempting to do.

Yeah, that's a very real possibility. Possibly the most likely death for her.

I'm still rooting for grandma Tyrell shanking her, though. Fuck your prophecies, Cersei wiped out her whole family.

Oh yeah, that explosion was real nice.

I also liked that scene happening RIGHT THE FUCK AFTER Cersei gloating to shame chick about how she won- basically saying that Cersei got her last child killed because she was more concerned with fucking up her enemies than consoling her son after his wife died.

Yeah, it's so Cersei.

She's not likable at all though some of her revenge is pretty enjoyable. The great bit of her pouring that wine like a badass as shit was about to go down according to plan and then smiling and drinking it over the defeat of her enemies while screwing up in other ways because of it was so her. She was in such a rush to get revenge with The Mountain (that moment was well done after all the shit she gleefluly pulled though), that she never reached Tommen.

And yeah, that Dany/Tyrion and Lady Mormont stuff (and the Jon scene) was perfection.

Also, Im a bit disappointed that the High Sparrow blew up. I really wanted him to agonize and realize Cersei outplayed him with something so fucking crazy and completely unlike his weasel-like expectations.

Why exactly did Tommen kill himself? Grief for Margery? I wanted to know what went through his head, what he thought of his mother, etc

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Holy shit that was amazing. That opening. That ending. And that everything in between.

Cercei clothing herself all in black. Then Dany and her army all in black. Shit is on. Man it's going to be a long wait.

And as always, #TeamSilly.

Moa

Also, Im a bit disappointed that the High Sparrow blew up. I really wanted him to agonize and realize Cersei outplayed him with something so fucking crazy and completely unlike his weasel-like expectations.

Why exactly did Tommen kill himself? Grief for Margery? I wanted to know what went through his head, what he thought of his mother, etc

Grief for Margery, everything he just put his trust into had been blown up and possibly thinking his mother was in there also?

I don't recall if the show makes it clear that Tommen knows where Cersei is at that time.

DrBo42

Atleast we know now for sure the foundation of the wall has strong ancient magic keeping the ww out. Now... What is going to break it?

Bran worging back in time to being Brandon the Builder/building the wall and the Night King touching him again, allowing him to pass.

Atleast we know now for sure the foundation of the wall has strong ancient magic keeping the ww out. Now... What is going to break it?

Simple/lazy route: the mark the Night's King have Bran.

More interesting route: Sam is in Oldtown. Euron will most likely head to Oldtown. All we need is a horn...

megalowho

Fuck that episode was so good. Whole season was great but the last two especially, easily two of the best in the whole series.

All the King's Landing stuff at the start and finish was incredibly compelling, Dark Queen Cersei is going to be a fun final boss for the home stretch of the show. Give Lena Headey an emmy for her work this season.

So many deaths one after another early on, from Pycelle's orphan shanking to Margaery's desperate final moments to that guy that got hit with a bell to Tommen's jump. Also Arya is now apparently a threat to kill anyone at anytime, and yeah sure she's earned that by now.

Tyrion is hand of the Queen and Jamie looks like the game is getting to him, setting up an epic Lannister showdown. Jon Snow is da King in the North, nice parallel to him taking command of the Night's Watch with the added bonus of Lady Mormont and Littlefinger making shifty eyes at Sansa. And Dany's finally off to Westeros with her badass army of misfits. Even Bran and Sam did stuff. Pieces are all coming together and next season should be just as eventful.

Seconding that Miguel Sapochnik needs to direct every important episode from here on out. His work on the show has been fantastic.

Great finale. Holy shit.

They did a great job of converging a bunch of plots and assuming HBO doesn't convince D&D to go longer than the 8 seasons currently planned, I can see the finish line now for the most part.

I'm not sure why exactly but I have almost no emotional investment Daenerys plot line. When she was sailing towards Westeros and the music was swelling, I just did not have any kind of emotional reaction to it. This should be her big moment, but nothing. It's cool and well done but I didn't feel particularly invested in it. Compare that with the Lords of the North proclaiming Jon as the King in the North, which had me welling up a little bit. I don't hate the Daenerys stuff, I am just not as interested in it as I want to be.

A strange flip-flop from about 3 seasons ago when I didn't give a shit about anything at The Wall and couldn't get enough of Daenrys and her dragons.

Benjen said he couldn't cross with Bran because of magic, which I had assumed was maybe the same magic the Three-Eyed Raven was using on the cave and Bran being marked let them bypass the barrier. I guess that isn't the case though?

Littlefinger probably turns attention south at some point early next season. He wants to sit the Iron Throne and Daenerys is going to throw a big old wrench into that while he plots out his new Northern strategy.

Arya appears to have Littlefinger teleportation skills. Obviously we don't know the exact timeline that is happening but she sure got back to Westeros quickly.

Ridli

So euron and cersei vs dany, dorne, tyrell...or maybe euron just acts as a pest to dany on her way to kings landing.

I expect Euron to be turned into a lump of charcoal floating somewhere along the narrow sea when he runs into Dany's armada.

SwolBro

Banned
Amazing episode. Only 1 slight issue with it

it seemed to go the LOTR Return of the King route with the multiple endings. That was a little annoying.

Another solid season.

Kaizer

Banned
Man HOLY SHIT WHAT A SEASON, WHAT A SEASON! That finale was pitch perfect in every way, not a single wasted scene. I'm still reeling & I'm coming down from everything that took place this episode. Fuck man:

- Dany is finally coming for Westeros with an army of Unsullied, Dothraki, Ironborn & THREE DRAGONS
- Darth Cersei has fully embraced the darkside & murdered the shit out of ERRBODY
- Jon Snow - KING IN THE NORTH & also A TARGAYEN CONFIRMED
- Arya Stark already back in Westeros, she actually did learn some skills & got revenge on Walder Frey
- WINTER. IS. HERE.

All the pieces are in place, next season, which might be the last, is gonna be fucking crazy! After feeling sorta down on Season 5, I really enjoyed Season 6 alot. It was a season of a lot of years-long fan theories & predictions finally coming true and the Starks beginning to return to glory in some or fashion. I'm a little shocked they didn't tease the White Walkers at all in the finale, but no doubt their arrival is coming VERY SOON.

Thew, gotta take a deep breath but damn, I didn't want it to end but at the same time that was a perfect, book ending chapter for this season of Game of Thrones.

riotous

Banned
Openning scene of Season 7.

Tommen, about to jump... they cut to a face-on shot.. his eyes in the back of his head... Warg'd off the ledge by Bran.

Damerman

Seconding that Miguel Sapochnik needs to direct every important episode from here on out. His work on the show has been fantastic.

to this point, i think he should just direct the most climactic episodes. he is a master of his craft. it's very evident.

Why exactly did Tommen kill himself? Grief for Margery?

He probably just snapped. He was trying his hardest while being manipulated by everyone to find a peaceful solution, and his mom just clears the board. In the process she kills Margeary who he had legitimately fallen in love with, and the High Sparrow who he looked to for paternal guidance. His will just broke and he wanted to make it stop.

I wanted to know what went through his head

The ground. The ground went through his head.

Oh man... this is totally a spoiler for me because Im too dumb to have considered the prophecy referred to Jamie :O

Makes perfect sense, but it's so hard for me to believe still.

We know Jamie is incredibly rash (cripples Bran). We know he loves his sister more than anything. And we know he is also incredibly ... kind? Has a soft spot? How exactly do you explain his reluctance to watch the mad king kill everyone?

Worst of all is that killing his sister will destroy him. It's clear that there's no happy ending for him, and that his entire life has been him being constantly shamed for his king slaying. Only Brienne knows his true story, yet no one will write it in that book.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh man... this is totally a spoiler for me because Im too dumb to have considered the prophecy referred to Jamie :O

Makes perfect sense, but it's so hard for me to believe still.

We know Jamie is incredibly rash (cripples Bran). We know he loves his sister more than anything. And we know he is also incredibly ... kind? Has a soft spot? How exactly do you explain his reluctance to watch the mad king kill everyone?

Worst of all is that killing his sister will destroy him. It's clear that there's no happy ending for him, and that his entire life has been him being constantly shamed for his king slaying. Only Brienne knows his true story, yet no one will write it in that book.

The prophecy has been pretty on point so far.

Cake Boss

Banned
Someone fill me in Ned Stark and that women he had a baby with I believe is John Snow right? Why is everyone freaking out, who's this women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom