• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
OMG Cersei burned dem fools (her son just jumped a window wut)

Only thing missing was Gandalf saying "fly you fools" and it would have made it even better.

Someone fill me in Ned Stark and that women he had a baby with I believe is John Snow right? Why is everyone freaking out, who's this women?

Putting spoiler tags as a precaution, but this is all information that was revealed in the show.

The woman is his sister Lyanna, who was "kidnapped and raped" by Rheagar Targeryan. The implication is that Lyanna died giving birth, and the time frame heavily implies the child she birthed was Jon Snow. It would make Jon Snow the (presumed) bastard son of Rheagar Targeryan--someone who Robert Baratheon would want dead because Lyanna was betrothed to him before she vanished.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That guy man LOL.

jhCB4kul.jpg

Children suck, too.

Damerman

Man, i can't get over Lena Headey's performance this episode. liam cunningham also was a major stand out. and the music... wow. i gotta go to bed. I'm probably going to watch this whole season over again, which will be the first time i've done this for any season or show.

a916

Anyone else crack the biggest smile when Sansa said "winter is here" and John reply, "well, father always promised didn't he?"

If Jon actually dies it will be the one thing to really ruin things for me. I don't care if it's cliche, at the end of the day this seems to be his story the most. Well him and Dany's I suppose, and I will be heartbroken if he doesn't make it on the Throne or not

I'm actually ok with Jon dying as long as he goes out with a bang. If Jon has to sacrifice himself to destroy the White Walkers, that's acceptable to me.

That said, I think it'll be kind of obnoxious if Jon and Dany die. I don't love Dany, but to just off all the "heroic" characters would be a little "2edgy4me"

Wookieomg

Echoing what many others have said, that episode was fantastic in so, so many ways. I adored it.

My only issue is the lack of respect for distance of travel or time... Arya is already in Westeros? Is it a quick trip across the ocean or something? I assumed it would take her a while, and we wouldn't see her enter Westeros until next season, or that she would find her way into Daenerys's fleet. But then my understanding of the geography in this world is minimal.

And what the fuck, how was Varys in Dorne and then a few minutes later in the episode's runtime back in Mereen, aboard the fleet? Like... What?

The episode is still 10/10 for me, but those minor bits kind of pulled me out of my immersion.

Jesus Christ that was incredible. This show just keeps on delivering and the final two seasons are going to hopefully continue to be some of the best things on TV. Just, god damn I loved every part of that, so much payoff and so incredibly satisfying. Arya reveal, Jon reveal, Day, Cersei's revenge and queenship, all of it was amazing and oh was i happy to see Lorace fail and everything go up in flames. Cersei may be terrible but she's exciting to watch and visually it's been just outstanding, along with that piano theme I just need to gush about every part of this episode. I loved it, I fucking loved it.
Echoing what many others have said, that episode was fantastic in so, so many ways. I adored it.

My only issue is the lack of respect for distance of travel or time... Arya is already in Westeros? Is it a quick trip across the ocean or something? I assumed it would take her a while, and we wouldn't see her enter Westeros until next season, or that she would find her way into Daenerys's fleet. But then my understanding of the geography in this world is minimal.

And what the fuck, how was Varys in Dorne and then a few minutes later in the episode's runtime back in Mereen, aboard the fleet? Like... What?

The episode is still 10/10 for me, but those minor bits kind of pulled me out of my immersion.
Time doesn't exactly have to be linear. We don't need another season of rowing, nobody has time for that lol.

kevin1025

Banned
I suspect the next season is going to tie up the game of thrones aspect, and then the final six episodes are the White Walkers coming. Things are going to be fast from here on out.

Damerman

I'm actually ok with Jon dying as long as he goes out with a bang. If Jon has to sacrifice himself to destroy the White Walkers, that's acceptable to me.

That said, I think it'll be kind of obnoxious if Jon and Dany die. I don't love Dany, but to just off all the "heroic" characters would be a little "2edgy4me"
Holy shit I'm in the wrong thread! sorry!

Kaizer

Banned
Anyone else crack the biggest smile when Sansa said "winter is here" and John reply, "well, father always promised didn't he?"

Hell yes, I loved that scene. Definitely made realize that the true endgame for this series has finally arrived.

ASIS

I have so many things to say but I don't have the time, so i'll leave them for later. One thing I will say, however, is that this episode shot down everyone screaming "predictability" on the show.

I haven't seen ANYONE claiming that Cersei will take the Iron Throne or that Arya will kill Walder Frey. It's so nice seeing how even in the end game they are still throwing surprises at us.

Will it ever be revealed that Jon is a Targaeryan? Seems Bran is the only one who knows, but who would believe him?

Any chance that the dragons know he's one of their own?

ACR0019

I didn't realize until rewatching that the first thing Sam sees upon arriving in Oldtown is the flock of white ravens leaving the Citadel.

Ridli

I have so many things to say but I don't have the time, so i'll leave them for later. One thing I will say, however, is that this episode shot down everyone screaming "predictability" on the show.

I haven't seen ANYONE claiming that Cersei will take the Iron Throne or that Arya will kill Walder Frey. It's so nice seeing how even in the end game they are still throwing surprises at us.

I mean, I was hoping that Arya would be the one to scratch off Frey, but I totally thought she was done for the season. When that face came off I jumped.

Wookieomg

Time doesn't exactly have to be linear. We don't need another season of rowing, nobody has time for that lol.

Yeah I agree, it gets quite dull to just see them traveling, but we've seen it a lot in this show, even this season.. So for them to so abruptly upend series tradition in favor of narrative was just.. jarring for me. Not bad necessarily, as I much prefer more action than more realism, but it's just different.

Varys is pulling a Christian Bale from "Prestige" on us.

You. I like you.

televator

BEST SEASON FINALE. BEST EPISODE EVAR! OMFG, did you guys see that shit?!

Arya... Yooooooooo. The assassin wolf.

Cersei, WTF?!

All hail the King of the mother fucking North! The white wolf. Jon Targeryen Stark

Dragons and Targeryens coming to fuck up the closest King's Landing near you, son!

Bran, take some breaks in between warging, say what's up to Meera.

Did. You. Guys. See. That. Shit?

That shot of Cersie on the Throne was downright amazing to. I mean the whole fucking episode was non stop unbelievable shots.

I'm blown away by the cinematography of episodes 9 and 10. It's just unreal how well they are filmed

ACR0019

Those two came straight out of left field for me so I couldn't be happier.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Will it ever be revealed that Jon is a Targaeryan? Seems Bran is the only one who knows, but who would believe him?

Conveniently, Meera's dad is the only other person who was there... Archer girls dad was the backstabber guy in the previous flashback. I don't know anything else about the Reeds though. Maybe he is dead?

Kaizer

Banned

It totally wouldn't shock me if/when Dany & Jon end up meeting the dragons are initially hostile to Jon & crew until they realize what he is and become docile & allow him to pet them. That or maybe they'll try to fry him & he won't burn lol

Angry Fork

Awesome episode. Got goosebumps at the king in the north stuff. Feel bad for Margery, I liked her a lot. Episode was super satisfying overall for basically every character of the show which doesn't happen often. I was only a little disappointed that they didn't show more of Arya but it's ok.

Split season thing for next season really sucks. I hate AMC for starting that stupid horrible trend.

That would be the dumbest thing. I refuse to believe they'd do that. There's virtually no indication she bears ill will towards Jon, I feel like they're kinda reaching to say she's jealous, her face says she's proud of him, she's only apprehensive about little finger.

The only way some kind of coup could happen is if little finger sets something extravagant up to get it going, which is definitely possible, but I don't know why Sansa would ever become involved. She's never suggested a lust for power or betrayal of her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom