• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-watching that glorious Tyrion/Dany scene.

I mean, I was hoping that Arya would be the one to scratch off Frey, but I totally thought she was done for the season. When that face came off I jumped.

Yeah, I didn't think we'd see her again yet at all until next season.

Will it ever be revealed that Jon is a Targaeryan? Seems Bran is the only one who knows, but who would believe him?

Any chance that the dragons know he's one of their own?

Bran can look into the past and tell people about things he couldn't possibly know before hand. I think it would be pretty easy for him to convince people.

Sober

Oh man, Lady Mormont basically shaming the shit out of three grown men was probably one of the best moments of all the best moments of this episode.

The Tower of Joy reveal was so masterfully done. Just 10/10 awesome.
Man, all the transitions were on point this episode. The only weird one was Bran/Meera/Benjen. I assume he dropped them off like an hour or two's walk from the Wall/Castle Black or something cause lol @ asking Meera to drag Bran around back south. Weird they just had a shot of trees it seemed and not of the Wall in the distance.

reKon

Banned
Seriously, this might be the best season finally I've ever seen.

Everything was brilliant. The music, the shots, the big momemts, the delivery, the dialogue. All perfection.

whew

If Jon actually dies it will be the one thing to really ruin things for me. I don't care if it's cliche, at the end of the day this seems to be his story the most. Well him and Dany's I suppose, and I will be heartbroken if he doesn't make it on the Throne or not

Im trying to imagine a fate for Jon other than death.

What if he becomes like his uncle? Or becomes the three eyed raven? Basically living forever, somewhere alone. I mean, it seems insurmountable to expect him to beat the Night King clean and live happily. Yet killing a character twice doesnt seem as impactful.

Or maybe he can get all the plot armour, and we can all accept it because we love him too much

Dany + dragons + unsullied + ironisland ships + master ships converted + dothraki + dorne + tyrell

Vs lannisters

Lol maybe she will go mad and light all the wildfire. "If i cant have it, noone will! Hrmph"

Now with the North taken back. What will little fingers next plan be? I mean he wants the iron throne, not winterfell so i dont think they will off jon. Theyll just use the fuck out of him...

Going to be so fucking interesting. Balish on that love note man. Fuck!

I'm hoping some of the more diehard defenders of the teleporting cast members tries to explain Varys like they do every episode.

This has been addressed a dozen times in the past few pages.

The timeline is not 1-1. Some things are shown months earlier. The order of scenes is for storytelling, not pure timeline.

dsp

LF has never aligned himself with the Starks. You have to remember he was the one who captured Ned in the first place. He has only ever wanted Cat and now Sansa.

What I dont understand is his motivation. LF seems to still be playing the game while the North is preparing for the Walkers. How will their paths cross I wonder.

Littlefinger only cares about sitting on the iron throne. Whatever will get him there is his motivation.

"Littlefinger would see the realm burn if he could be king of the ashes."

Why exactly did Tommen kill himself? Grief for Margery? I wanted to know what went through his head, what he thought of his mother, etc

Because he realized what a failure he is as king. He was an absolute wimp. The death of his sister, doing nothing while his wife and mother sat in a cell, his mother's walk of shame, accepting the faith and then having it literally blow up in his face, along with most of the people he cared about. We also have to assume his cat ran away from him, too. The boy's life was tragic.

Dany + dragons + unsullied + ironisland ships + master ships converted + dothraki + dorne + tyrell

Vs lannisters

Lol maybe she will go mad and light all the wildfire. "If i cant have it, noone will! Hrmph"

Now with the North taken back. What will little fingers next plan be? I mean he wants the iron throne, not winterfell so i dont think they will off jon. Theyll just use the fuck out of him...

Going to be so fucking interesting. Balish on that love note man. Fuck!

Little Finger gonna go find Euron is my guess.

Euron vs. Starks

Dani vs. Lannisters

Meet in the middle.

That speech by Lord Glover GAVE ME FUCKING CHILLS! Actor killed it with the emotion he showed.

Always liked that dude ever since Blackadder!

yjiod0n5qg6qfkl4tze7.jpg

Even though the Frey throat thing made sense, I hope Arya uses Needle to kill people more as her signature.
Leave your mark, holes that were left like fangs from a wolf.

Respect

The Jon revelation makes Ned even more likable though...it wasn't some moment of infidelity to Catelyn, just loyalty to his sister to protect her son/his nephew even at the cost of ire from his wife.

BTM

Not sure if already mentioned, but at the end the Tyrells and Martells had ships in Dany's fleet. You can see their sigils on the sails. So Varys, Lady Olenna, and Elia have already joined forces with Dany and the Greyjoys.

Kaizer

Banned
If Jon actually dies it will be the one thing to really ruin things for me. I don't care if it's cliche, at the end of the day this seems to be his story the most. Well him and Dany's I suppose, and I will be heartbroken if he doesn't make it on the Throne or not

At this point for Jon's story, I'm totally fine with him dying in the endgame. Perhaps Jon's true fate is really just to be one of or the leader against the White Walkers & die gloriously in the final battle.

Rixxan

The Jon revelation makes Ned even more likable though...it wasn't some moment of infidelity to Catelyn, just loyalty to his sister to protect her son/his nephew even at the cost of ire from his wife.

yep

never made sense tbh

Ned was honorable to a fault, so that never sat well - the idea that he'd lay with another woman

Thinking of Lady Mormont, they do such a great job on this show casting child actors. It's kind of astonishing how often they get that right when lots of TV shows and movies mess it up.

Yeah I loved that.

Ned was honorable to a fault, so that never sat well - the idea that he'd lay with another woman

There are tons of people who seem that way in real life too, but still cheat on their spouses.

At this point for Jon's story, I'm totally fine with him dying in the endgame. Perhaps Jon's true fate is really just to be one of or the leader against the White Walkers & die gloriously in the final battle.

Or Jon becomes the new night king to satiate the winter and returns to the north.

Littlefinger only cares about sitting on the iron throne. Whatever will get him there is his motivation.

"Littlefinger would see the realm burn if he could be king of the ashes."

Because he realized what a failure he is as king. He was an absolute wimp. The death of his sister, doing nothing while his wife and mother sat in a cell, his mother's walk of shame, accepting the faith and then having it literally blow up in his face, along with most of the people he cared about. We also have to assume his cat ran away from him, too. The boy's life was tragic.

I think people are forgetting that Tommen was a poor child. A child who committed suicide. It's incredibly tragic, and people expect way too much from him. All I want to do is give him a hug.

sangreal

I'm hoping some of the more diehard defenders of the teleporting cast members tries to explain Varys like they do every episode.

it's the final scene in the season. there is literally nothing to indicate when that scene takes place compared to any other event

regardless, who cares? it's something the medium demands. We can't have 2 seasons of filler every time someone needs to travel somewhere

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
yep

never made sense tbh

Eh, he was honorable to a fault except for the one time that he cheated on some lady he married but didn't even know. A character having a slip-up isn't bad writing. It never bothered me. It is cool to see he was a solid dude after all though.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
That would be the dumbest thing. I refuse to believe they'd do that. There's virtually no indication she bears ill will towards Jon, I feel like they're kinda reaching to say she's jealous, her face says she's proud of him, she's only apprehensive about little finger.

The only way some kind of coup could happen is if little finger sets something extravagant up to get it going, which is definitely possible, but I don't know why Sansa would ever become involved. She's never suggested a lust for power or betrayal of her family.

Some people are desperate for Sansa to become a brilliant manipulator mastermind who comes into her own despite all evidence to the contrary.

She's more likely to eventually be forced into marrying Littlefinger sooner or later unless Arya kills him or something.

Let's take a damn moment to reflect on how Jon went from being dead in episode 1 to a king in the final episode. You talk about fucking progression.
Danny goes from being a captive to sailing for Westeros with the backing of the Dothraki, Dorne and Iron Born
Cersei goes from being a defendant to being Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
Arya goes from being a blind begger to a badass faceless assassin who avenges the Red Wedding
Sansa goes from a helpless victim to a ruthless savvy badass

And so many more. I fucking love you Game of Thrones

Im trying to imagine a fate for Jon other than death.

What if he becomes like his uncle? Or becomes the three eyed raven? Basically living forever, somewhere alone. I mean, it seems insurmountable to expect him to beat the Night King clean and live happily. Yet killing a character twice doesnt seem as impactful.

Or maybe he can get all the plot armour, and we can all accept it because we love him too much

I think him just ending up Warden of the North makes a lot of sense for him.

Volimar

He traveled back to Mereen by ship after he was finished in Dorne. The trip took however many weeks it normally takes and at some point after arriving back in Mereen the fleet set sail with him onboard.

The show just does an awful time illustrating the passage of time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Some people are desperate for Sansa to become a brilliant manipulator mastermind who comes into her own despite all evidence to the contrary.

She's more likely to eventually be forced into marrying Littlefinger sooner or later unless Arya kills him or something.

Honestly, it looks more like she's going to be playing chessmaster against Littlefinger next season to protect Jon. He's not exactly equipped to go head-to-head with Littlefinger.

Hydrus

I love how after 6 seasons, in the span of 20 minutes, I went from hating Cersei, to rooting for her.

"Shame...Shame...Shame..."

Great finale!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
So Cersei waited months to crown herself while wearing the same dress the entire time?

That thing must have been stinky.

No... those are different storylines

See: The established language of cinema.

I mean really are you trolling? What are you looking for here other than a fight over something stupid? You literally cam here to just look for someone to bitch at?

It also makes him a huge hypocrite for doubting Jamie and treating him like shit for killing the mad king.

Because he expects Jamie to be honourable, yet he dishonoured Robert by keeping an heir alive.

Niks

Man, that was great. Amazing, cant wait for next season.

Cercei was amazing, Jamie at the end was amazing... DAT LOOK.

Ridli

Man such a great season finale. I don't normally care to immediately rewatch episodes but I definitely want to with this one.

Thankfully it feels like the North is ready to understand what the real stakes are. The major issue in Jon/Sansa's direct path being Baelish of course.

Oh and thank you whoever pointed out the Lyanna Mormont/Lyanna Stark connection. Mormonts must have been quite loyal to the Starks to give one their heir that name in memory.

And yeah, Dany making Tyrion her hand was so damn sweet. It was a great shot that unfortunately is getting drowned out by the insane stuff all around it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
It also makes him a huge hypocrite for doubting Jamie and treating him like shit for killing the mad king.

Because he expects Jamie to be honourable, yet he dishonoured Robert by keeping an heir alive.

He also cut a dude's head off for abandoning the watch which was kiiiiiinda overkill once we learned more about the watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom