• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Honestly, it looks more like she's going to be playing chessmaster against Littlefinger next season to protect Jon. He's not exactly equipped to go head-to-head with Littlefinger.
Lady Mormont should just run him through. If I were a Knight of the Vale I'd be all for it.

We also gon sit here and act like what happened and is happening to the Septa is one f the most brutal things Cersei has ever done. Zombie mountain pulled a Birdman, "Are we fucking or am I fucking?"

I'm rewatching this tomorrow. This episode was that good. I forgive them for Season 5.

Season 5's quality makes so much more sense now given the fact that the book(s) were apparently a mess at that point, from what I've heard, and that the show's gotten better since now that the creator's have had more free reign.

Volimar

going to take a guess and say Dany ends up marrying Jon or Gendry. It makes the most sense right?
N

No one knows anything about Gendry so her marrying him makes no sense at this point. I wouldn't rule out a Jon/Dany wedding ruined by Bran breaking the news of Jon's parentage. Maybe even then...

Kyou

Fucking amazing, just all of it was great

Girlfriend and I clapped at Stark being back on winterfell in the opening

DoomGyver

During the Tower of Joy fight with Ned and Sir Arthur Dayne, Ned picked up his sword right? Is that the sword of light? Where is it now?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Eh, rooting for her is not what I really feel compelled to do when she sets a lady up to be raped for months.

I really don't think that was supposed to imply rape. I can see how some people would take it that way, but at the end of the day I just don't see The Mountain getting an erection.

Not that horrific torture is really any better/different than rape. You are still violating someone's will and body to express power. Just saying, I don't think he was gonna have sex with her... All though that was his MO in life so who knows?

Certainly horriffic.

UE0cMkl.gif

LMAO

Goddamn perfect ROFL

Just re-watched Lyanna Mormont verbally bitchslap those dudes, so damned satisfying. And that smile after getting it done.

badb0y

Honestly, it looks more like she's going to be playing chessmaster against Littlefinger next season to protect Jon. He's not exactly equipped to go head-to-head with Littlefinger.

This is what it felt like to me as well. She did not show any resentment to the fact that Jon was being hailed as the king of the north.

Wow amazing. But let me brag a bit by saying i knew that the girl serving drinks in the Frey dinner was Arya.. She gave Jaime that look that was really darn similar to what arya gave her previous targets. Shit hit me like a brick when I saw it, i can't quite tell people around me "hey that girl gonna turn out to be arya just watch!". So when the girl started peeling his face off i was like hmm i knew that shit for a while now
sass1.png

Also the Tommen jumping out of the window... It just felt weird the camera shot stayed too long by the window. It was so long i got enough time to think "hmmm what fucked up shit writers have in store for us to surprise us by using an open window?? Oh yeah. A person jumping thru it.". And right on cue fuckin tommen jumped out of it like Lebron catching an alley oopp
mjlol.png

Great episode.. Damn that Jon is a Targ revelation is fuckin amazing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
hope they don't go with a jon vs sansa subplot, all the goodwill she gained from this season is gonna evaporate.

I really don't think that was supposed to imply rape. I can see how some people would take it that way, but at the end of the day I just don't see The Mountain getting an erection.

Not that horrific torture is really any better/different than rape. You are still violating someone's will and body to express power. Just saying, I don't think he was gonna have se with her... All though that was his MO in life so who know?

The mountain has stories that were told about him raping women.

Cersi was touching her the whole time to shame her "pure" demeanor.

The mountain took off his helmet and armor.

I'm pretty sure the implication was pretty apparent. But I guess I could be wrong.

going to take a guess and say Dany ends up marrying Jon or Gendry. It makes the most sense right?

Are people expecting much for Dany? She probably does a hostile take over, but no way does she use her dragons to kill innocents, right?

But at some point, she probably goes mad too, because I cant see her getting what she wants. I dont know why I dislike Dany so much. She just doesnt fit in for me, and Ive never bought her story in Esteros.

Im expecting her to die before Jon and the Night King, but I think it would be incredibly strange to have her fight beside Jon to beat the White Walkers. It sounds too convenient and she's too OP.

sangreal

I doubt we ever see Gendry again. He certainly isn't going to get married to Dany. A bastard nobody knows about, with no titles or claims and no followers. To the extent that anyone cares about lines of succession (they don't) the actual Baratheons didn't even have a valid claim to the throne

Jon seems like a safe bet though, or Baelish -- except at last check Varys and Baelish hated each other

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is what it felt like to me as well. She did not show any resentment to the fact that Jon was being hailed as the king of the north.

Hell, she's spent the last few episodes trying to convince him he should be the one in-charge. It'd be a bit of a swerve if she was resentful about him being KING IN THE NORTH.

AgeEighty

N

No one knows anything about Gendry so her marrying him makes no sense at this point. I wouldn't rule out a Jon/Dany wedding ruined by Bran breaking the news of Jon's parentage. Maybe even then...

Jon is Dany's nephew, though, which would be weird even by Targaryen standards.

Man I feel like there's gonna be a BURN THEM ALL pt. 2 with Cersei when Dany and her crew lands and Jaime is gonna have to put her down too. KingQueen Slayer.

Dai101

Banned
so next season is Dany steamrolling over the few things left standing right?

That battle is so one sided it should be illegal.

BEST SEASON FINALE. BEST EPISODE EVAR! OMFG, did you guys see that shit?!

Arya... Yooooooooo. The assassin wolf.

Cersei, WTF?!

All hail the King of the mother fucking North! The white wolf. Jon Targeryen Stark

Dragons and Targeryens coming to fuck up the closest King's Landing near you, son!

Bran, take some breaks in between warging, say what's up to Meera.

Did. You. Guys. See. That. Shit?

JON SNOW, STARKGARYEN, THE WHITE WOLF, THE BASTARD OF WINTERFELL, THE BLACK BASTARD, THE 998 LORD COMMANDER OF THE NIGHT'S WATCH, THE SLAYER OF WHITE WALKERS, REDHEADS LOVER, MASTER OF POUTING.

Moa said:

ma5jOUD.gif

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Littlefinger really has no reason to care about Jon. Jon's ranting about ice zombies. He has no designs past the ice zombies. As long as Jon doens't get in LF's way...

The main threat there is Littlefinger deciding that the whole thing's absurd and turning his attention and the knights of the vale back towards King's Landing. Sansa's main role as I see it is to keep the knights of the vale in the north. Without them, Jon's boned.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
The mountain has stories that were told about him raping women.

Cersi was touching her the whole time to shame her "pure" demeanor.

The mountain took off his helmet and armor.

I'm pretty sure the implication was pretty apparent. But I guess I could be wrong.

Yeah, I can see how the way it was shot led people there. Putting it all together like that is a good point. You're probably right.

Either way is kind of the same difference anyway. Torture and rape live in the same horrific duplex. I'm not gonna pretend it's more noble to put a hot poker in someone's eye than it is their ass. It's all a terrible terrible violation.

Corpekata

Banned
It also makes him a huge hypocrite for doubting Jamie and treating him like shit for killing the mad king.

Because he expects Jamie to be honourable, yet he dishonoured Robert by keeping an heir alive.

"Huge" is a pretty big stretch. There's a pretty big gulf between their actions. I don't really think Ned's code of ethics really applied to "keeping an heir alive." He aided Robert because he was his friend and his family was in danger, not out of some strict guideline regarding serving a King like Jamie swore.

Obviously this discounts the circumstances regarding the King Slaying that cast Jamie in a better light but Ned hardly knew that.

Stantron

Will it ever be revealed that Jon is a Targaeryan? Seems Bran is the only one who knows, but who would believe him?

Any chance that the dragons know he's one of their own?

What if one of the dragons try to burn him, but it turns out he is also immune to fire?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Littlefinger really has no reason to care about Jon. Jon's ranting about ice zombies. He has no designs past the ice zombies. As long as Jon doens't get in LF's way...

The main threat there is Littlefinger deciding that the whole thing's absurd and turning his attention and the knights of the vale back towards King's Landing. Sansa's main role as I see it is to keep the knights of the vale in the north. Without them, Jon's boned.

Littlefinger needs more leverage than just the Vale to take the Iron Throne. That's his end goal and to make it work he needs a much bigger force behind him, which means he needs Winterfel and Sansa.

I really wish that R+L=J theory wasn't around, or at least wish I didn't know it existed.

My mind would have melted tonight, but because it was so expected I was like, yeah, alright.

Sober

Seems like Tyrion knows Jon's real birth situation. I think he would have Dany marry him.
Is Howland Reed still even alive? Or did he maybe just die later of his wounds after the Tower of Joy? Even if not I assume he carried that secret to his grave or it doesn't really matter.

Also I would assume that even if the handmaidens said anything it's Ned's word against his.

I'm curious how you think Tyrion knows at all; I've never gotten that impression.

With you two on this. She was smiling for him in fact and along with the previous conversation it seemed genuine. Then she noticed Littlefinger and knew exactly how his mind was already working.

I'm hoping some of the more diehard defenders of the teleporting cast members tries to explain Varys like they do every episode.

I feel like the scene in dorne was probably supposed to be like 2 episodes ago but they decided it revealed too much.

Edit: actually I'm drunk cause I already forgot old boss lady was there

Angry Fork

So are there any significant ramifications for Walder Frey's death? I never paid that much attention to that family so don't know how they're connected to anything except they were allied with the Lannister's for whatever reason. Also why did Jaime seem so disgusted with him? Was it because he disliked what they did to the Stark's, or something else?

I really wish that R+L=J theory wasn't around, or at least wish I didn't know it existed.

My mind would have melted tonight, but because it was so expected I was like, yeah, alright.

It was handled so masterfully that even though a lot of people have been theorizing it for a while I was still utterly blown away by that scene.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Is Howland Reed still even alive? Or did he maybe just die later of his wounds after the Tower of Joy? Even if not I assume he carried that secret to his grave or it doesn't really matter.

Also I would assume that even if the handmaidens said anything it's Ned's word against his.

I'm curious how you think Tyrion knows at all; I've never gotten that impression.

If he was gonna play a factor I assume we'd have saw him at Winterfell right? I would guess the Reed's are northerners right?

Respect

It also makes him a huge hypocrite for doubting Jamie and treating him like shit for killing the mad king.

Because he expects Jamie to be honourable, yet he dishonoured Robert by keeping an heir alive.

Well that heir is his nephew and he made a promise to his dying sister. Also killing children would not improve his likability me thinks.

Sober

Curious what LF's POV is about the night king and the white walkers though. Like only Tormund and the wildlings and some of the Night's Watch really have seen them.

You'd think seeing Wun Wun would've at least given LF a brief moment of pause.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So are there any significant ramifications for Walder Frey's death? I never paid that much attention to that family so don't know how they're connected to anything except they were allied with the Lannister's for whatever reason. Also why did Jaime seem so disgusted with him? Was it because he disliked what they did to the Stark's, or something else?

Jamie is a complicated dude. Part of it is he didn't want to be away from Cersei because she needed him and part of it is he's a dishonorable bastard who thinks Jamie is exactly the same as him. He's a disgusting dude with no honor, it makes sense Jamie doesn't like him.

While I hated Jaime when he talked to edmure about doing anything for cersei, I loved his facial expressions when Fray was talking like he was on the same level as them and how everything is hankey dory. Made me like him a again for a bit. Hopefully next season he's done with her shit.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

It was the "We're both kingslayers." remark.

I don't think Jaime viewed the crass betrayal fueling the red wedding and stopping an insane man from committing mass murder on a similar moral level.

Curious what LF's POV is about the night king and the white walkers though.
His reaction definitely wasn't positive when Jon started talking about threats past the wall. I doubt his mental picture included fighting ice zombies.

Sansa can ride shotgun south with the redwoman if he doesn't want Jon to be the King in the north.

If you ask me She is playing both Jon and Littlefinger.

labx

Banned
Dude, this episode... my mind is blown.

So next season

Predictions

1. Creepy Littlefinger and Sansa team up and kill poor Jon Targaryen.
2. Civil war in the north. Sansa and littlefinger killed.
3. The north is doomed and the white walkers invade the north,
4. Sam becomes a wizard.
5. Bran and Ice hands go to fight with dani because winter have come?
6. Arya true power is by becoming someone and everyone? I don't understand why she stills use the powers of the many face god. I bet she is going to kill Cersi and die in the process.
7. Meli team up with Dani for sho...
8. Jamie dies with the Mountain.
9. Dani is going for the throne but the walkers are the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom