• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
Just watching today's episode. I cant imagine how anyone can assume that. At what point Rhaegar Targaryen was even mentioned?

It was the entire basis of the war that got Robert the crown in the first place, Rhaegar kidnapped Ned's sister (Robert's betrothed). At least, that's the official story. There's no one else that could be the father realistically.

I don't think Sands/LF are plotting together, it would also be a pretty silly twist especially after tonights reveal. I think they're setting up Jon to be the hero of the series. What I saw between LF and Sansa was tension because LF realized he fucked up and saw his picture shatter before his eyes along with Sansa not forgiving him for what he'd done to her and really why should she? Sure he helped out Jon but he should've never sold her in the first place and after the abuse she suffered there she's not going to let that go for the sake of power, nor has she ever really been a power hungry character, she just desired to live good before she realized the way she was living was as good as it was going to get, she knows that now and after all they've worked for i don't see her giving it up. I think the time for political power plays are over. All the pieces are in place and now we watch the game finish and come to its conclusion.

Yeah I saw it as Littlefinger's gameplan being ruined right there right in front of his eyes. No doubt he'll come out next season with a whole new batch of schemes.

televator

If Jaime was pissed at Tyrion for killing Tywin, I'm sure he's not so hot on Cersei leading to the demise of their son.

Meli is not done yet. My guess is she finds some path of atonement and/or finds a way to help Jon again. She said to Arya that she and Arya will meet again some day, and Arya will likely find herself in Winterfell... Meli lives to serve the Lord of Light and the Lord has chosen Jon. A little exile won't deter her. Besides... No one knows she's actually and old lady. All she has to do is take the necklace off and walk amongst the servants at Winterfell.

Arya Kill Wish List

1. The Mountain

He's too big to even sneak up on so you have to catch him unaware. Here's how I'd like it to go at this point;

The Mountain goes for his weekly "visit" to the Septa, takes off his helmet and armor. The Septa doesn't move, she's likely now dead. He nudges her and we see her limp brutalized body. The Mountain decides to have his way anyway and drops trous. And right as he does this Arya reveals herself playing possum disguised as the Septa and stabs him right in the crotch. But to her surprise he's unaffected and and rears back, ready to smash Aryas face. And just at moment we hear a growl. The Mountain pauses and looks toward the growl. And from the shadows comes fucking Nymeria, bigger than any of the other wolves we've seen. The Mountain attempts to move but realizes that Arya didn't stab him with a knife but instead a hook that's chained and bolted to the table. He struggles, completed unarmored and naked. Nymeria lunges and proceeds to rip him to shreds as he flails. She's significantly bigger than he is and absolutely mauls him under grunts and groans. We see everything. Limb from limb The Mountain is massacred. The camera pans to Aryas smiling face.

I know we all want Clegane bowl but tell me you wouldn't shit your pants if that happened.

kevin1025

Banned
This never crossed my mind till just now. The White Walkers couldn't come into the Three Eyed Raven's cave thing until Bran was touched by the Night King. Now that he plans to cross the Wall... does that mean they can pass the Wall once he does?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Like first episode of season 1 by Robert and how much he hated him
Not sure if 1st but Robert hated the Targaryens bad he mentioned Rhaegar specially a few times I believe

Whose else would it be? Especially a child that Robert would want to kill?

It was the entire basis of the war that got Robert the crown in the first place, Rhaegar kidnapped Ned's sister (Robert's betrothed). At least, that's the official story. There's no one else that could be the father realistically.

episode 3 of this season when ned shows up there. also the pilot when ned and robert visit her tomb

Ahh, interesting. Did not pay any attention to this. Cool stuff.

Respect

I don't think Sands/LF are plotting together, it would also be a pretty silly twist especially after tonights reveal. I think they're setting up Jon to be the hero of the series. What I saw between LF and Sansa was tension because LF realized he fucked up and saw his picture shatter before his eyes along with Sansa not forgiving him for what he'd done to her and really why should she? Sure he helped out Jon but he should've never sold her in the first place and after the abuse she suffered there she's not going to let that go for the sake of power, nor has she ever really been a power hungry character, she just desired to live good before she realized the way she was living was as good as it was going to get, she knows that now and after all they've worked for i don't see her giving it up. I think the time for political power plays are over. All the pieces are in place and now we watch the game finish and come to its conclusion.

Yeah, a collusion of LF and Sansa would make no sense, given that he sold her to Ramsey.

And young Ned looks like an band member of an alternative rock group from the 90s.

Kaizer

Banned
Just watching today's episode. I cant imagine how anyone can assume that. At what point Rhaegar Targaryen was even mentioned?

Ummm, hasn't he been mentioned throughout the entire series? Rhaegar kidnapping Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister, is what caused Roberth Bartheon to go the war in the first place. If he isn't the father, who else would it be?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How are you making this connection?

Because Jon's not entirely "alive"? I just feel like there's something I'm missing here with Jon being undead and there being an entire army of undead coming. for all we know they're two DIFFERENT kinds of undead (north vs lord of light), but I feel like two kinds of undead makes less sense than one kind of undead. and if it's all one kind of undead, the lord of light has some backstory we have yet to learn about.

This never crossed my mind till just now. The White Walkers couldn't come into the Three Eyed Raven's cave thing until Bran was touched by the Night King. Now that he plans to cross the Wall... does that mean they can pass the Wall once he does?

I mean the magic is probably gone from the wall now that the white walkers destroyed their creators.
Wall is going to down.

My guess now that I think about it more.

LF somehow goes to Cersi and convinces her that the North is a threat. When she discovers that Sansa is alive as well and Jon KingofdaNorph Snow she'll be pissed and power hungry.

She'll go on the offensive. Somewhere the north will converge and be pressed from both sides with the White Walkers looming and the Lannisters.

At some point Jamie will see Brianne in this face-off.

The hound will be with the brothers and Jon at this point and be facing off the mountain.

I think Jamie will jump ship somewhere in here. If he hasn't already broken Brianne will pull him in or kill him.

This chaos will take place while Euron keeps Dany busy temporarily.

Dany will defeat Euron to come to take kings landing. It'll be somewhat easy after the defeat of Euron but the battle to the north has created a lot of dead bodies and weakened it substantially.

Queue the White Walker invasion...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Fuck. What if Littlefinger + Dany ?????

fuckkkk

With Varys and Tyrion at her back? Not a chance in hell. Plus what can he offer her? It's going to be Jon as King of the North in a marriage alliance with Dany after she mops up the Lannisters. Every southern house is against the Iron Throne now. Plus with Dany essentially allowing the people of Dragon's Bay free reign to choose their government, this whole Dany teaming up with Team Evil has been poured in the drain.

Corpekata

Banned
Because Jon's not entirely "alive"? I just feel like there's something I'm missing here with Jon being undead and there being an entire army of undead coming. for all we know they're two DIFFERENT kinds of undead (north vs lord of light), but I feel like two kinds of undead makes less sense than one kind of undead. and if it's all one kind of undead, the lord of light has some backstory we have yet to learn about.

I'd say it's clear there are two kinds of "undead" given Jon and Beric are breathing, shitting, bleeding humans and not feral zombies.

And he's clearly not like the White Walkers given he can be felled by more than Dragonglass (and isn't blue).

Though I'd suggest categorizing Jon as undead in the first place is probably not correct.

So the Lannister Dynasty officially started although Cersei is not the first one, officially speaking she is.

Cersei is on Aryas list right? Tall order.. I wonder if she will keep the hound there
Man its still crazy thinking about the Tyrells were wiped off the map in one swoop like that. Poor Margaery even saw it coming

Olena is there and out for blood.
With Varys and Tyrion at her back? Not a chance in hell. Plus what can he offer her? It's going to be Jon as King of the North in a marriage alliance with Dany after she mops up the Lannisters. Every southern house is against the Iron Throne now. Plus with Dany essentially allowing the people of Dragon's Bay free reign to choose their government, this whole Dany teaming up with Team Evil has been poured in the drain.

Maybe euron will marry cersei?

That was the best GOT finale episode. Cersei has gone mad. What will Jamie do? I cant seem him on her side anymore.

How is it known to the audience? This id still a theory.
That Jon is a Targaryen and Stark? What littlefingers said in the recap, Ned always giving different names for Jon's true mother, how everyone says Ned is honor bound, the event in the house of the undying with a blue rose which indicates Lyanna Stark and Rhaeger Targaryen gave Lyanna a blue rose. And of course book series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire" aka a song about Jon Snow

As hard as Littlefinger has worked to take advantage off all the moving pieces throughout the Seven Kingdoms you have to wonder what his plan is to deal with Daenerys. I find it hard to believe that he has not considered her at all.

Astral Dog

Jesus Christ God.

15 minutes in and its already better
worse? :.(
than last episode,

But why are those creepy children killing the grand maester (?)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd say it's clear there are two kinds of "undead" given Jon and Beric are breathing, shitting, bleeding humans and not feral zombies.

And he's clearly not like the White Walkers given he can be felled by more than Dragonglass (and isn't blue).

Though I'd suggest categorizing Jon as undead in the first place is probably not correct.

mhmm fair enough. mind's just spinning from the episode still!

HMD

I wish Battle of Bastards was episode 8 and this episode was split into two 60 minute episodes. Way too many things happening all at once, some things needed a lot more nuance.

fader

Me after this episode:

200w.gif

I'm sorry but right know, I feel like this was the best season finale for a show EVER...

first 20 minutes had my mind racing already.

sorry episode 9, you've been dethroned.

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm hoping some of the more diehard defenders of the teleporting cast members tries to explain Varys like they do every episode.

I feel like you kind of have to assume that things take months to happen in this show at time.

This show has always crammed a lot of shit in a short time span.

In a re-do GoT you would probably add two seasons just of shit that was probably glossed over or not given enough time to saturate.

Varys just seemed like a particularly glaring reminder of that.

NolbertoS

Good episode, but sad there's only like 6-7 episodes next season. I had a feeling Cersei was going to one up the Septum, but never believed she would make enemies on the Tyrells too. Seems Cersei's demise will happen next season, as she no longer is the main plot of Westeroos, but the Night Walkers are still hidden. I get the feeling that Sansa, will be Little Finger's demise, as much as he loves lurking behind the shadows, he has a weakness for Sansa and Sansa will be his undoing. Also, with Bran crossing the Wall, it could be the way the Night Walkers to go back South again. They were buying their time for a millenia, and now will make the entire Westeroos ice cold again. I get the feeling Jon and Dany will team up against the White walkers and use her dragons for create dragon glass and of course Sam will be by Jon's side when he fights. The last episode to me of the entire Game of Thrones will be Jon Snow's death. I get the feeling somebody has to be sacrificed for Westeroos to be peaceful and it makes sense that the Lord of Light resurrected him and will take him back with his forefathers.

Werd

The cinematography really took a step up this season, really incredible stuff particularly the last four episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom