• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
So if Jon has a legit claim to the Iron Throne, doesn't Winter win? e.g. The Dead would literally be sitting on the Iron Throne.

I feel like we're missing something very obvious right under our noses here. Lord of the light is from beyond the wall, calling it now.
I dunno about that. I think the LoL is the cause of Valeria's doom.

wildfire

Banned
Rheagar was Dany's brother. Rehear had Jon with Lyanna.

*Checks google.*

How did I miss this even after rewatching seasons 1-4?

No way Dany is marrying her nephew. I can't see her marrying Littlefinger. That's a waste but most of the major kingdoms are led by women now for the time being...

So who the fuck is gonna stop, Dany? She is about to STEAMROLL her way to the throne.

Unsullied army? Check
Dorneish army? Check
Dothraki army? Check
Tyrell army? Check
Greyjoy fleet? Check
Motherfucking DRAGONS. Triple Check

WHO IS GOING TO EVEN OPPOSE THIS OP ASS SQUAD??? The Lannister army? Please.

The only thing Dany is gonna have to really try against is the White Walkers and their "Winter Cometh" fuckery.

The storm will stop her, it would be a very Game of Thrones thing for all of her ships to get wiped out in the ocean by a storm before they reach King's Landing.

Skunkers

SEASON 6 FINAL BODY COUNT

Aero Hotah
Doran Martell
Trystane Martell
Roose Bolton
Walda Frey
Balon Greyjoy
First Steward Marsh
First Builder Yarwyck
First Ranger Ser Alister Thorne
Olly
Shaggydog
Osha
Khal Moro
Three Eyed Raven
Leaf (and the Children of the Forest)
Summer
Hodor
Septon Ray
Brynden "The Blackfish" Tully
Lady Crane
The Waif
Rickon Stark
Smalljon Umber
Wun Wun
Ramsay Bolton
Grand Maester Pycell
Lancel Lannister
High Sparrow
Mace Tyrell
Loras Tyrell
Margaery Tyrell
Kevan Lannister
Septa Unella
Tommen Baratheon
Walder Frey
Lothar Frey
Black Walder Frey

I can't believe there'a a show that manages to kill so many people and still have characters left.

Don't forget we got two refunds this season:

Jon Snow and The Hound

silva1991

Holy shit this episode(much better than last episode imo)

but wait

Who are we supposed to hate next season? I don't really hate Cersei and Jaime anymore tbh

I don't hate the white walkers either -__-

aBarreras

*Checks google.*

How did I miss this even after rewatching seasons 1-4?

No way Dany is marrying her nephew. I can't see her marrying Littlefinger. That's a waste but most of the major kingdoms are led by women now for the time being...

targaryen are famous for marrying cousins and siblings

Tommen jumping out the window was a nice callback to how everything started with Bran falling off.

This season has been absolutely incredible. I cant believe how good it was. I'm inclined to say its the best season of Game of thrones so far. Only season 4 comes close for me.

I'm curious, has Jon ever been burned? Have a faint memory of killing a wight with a torch or lamp. Shouldn't he be immune? Or is that rare even among the bloodline? Dany's lame brother didn't have that skill, no?

aBarreras

I'm curious, has Jon ever been burned? Have a faint memory of killing a wight with a torch or lamp. Shouldn't he be immune? Or is that rare even among the bloodline? Dany's lame brother didn't have that skill, no?

he burnt his hand when saved the lord commander from a wight-zombie something

After the long summer, darkness will fall heavy on the world. Stars will bleed, the cold breath of winter will freeze the sea's. And the dead shall rise in the North.

If anyone questions Meli, they need to watch this. This was her introduction. She is legit, and end game. I think sending her away was a mistake.

Also answered my question from a few days ago about the the sea's freezing over and if Essos was in danger as well. That coupled with what was Jon said tonight.

"The true enemy won't wait out the storm, he brings the storm." Which also answers my other question, does the winter bring the WW's, or do the WW's bring winter.

Great episode.

Dahbomb

Season finale was on point. Great cinematography and the score was dialed up to 11.

The pieces have been set in motion.... man the epic saga may finally be coming to a close soon.

:(

Also Cersei Lannister the villain you love rooting for. Though I am afraid this is her peak at this point, it's all downhill from here.

And that Dany army though... *whew* Talk about stacked.

TURBO1112

Yep. Burnt his hand the first time he fought a white walker.

wildfire

Banned

Dany's lamer brother didn't have the fire immunity skill.

man....I love the irony in this episode tho...

The reason Jamie Lannister stabbed the Mad king in his back, and why he had to carry the burden of being "the king slayer" for a long part of his life.....only to see the woman he loved do exactly what the Mad king had set out to do.....and then taking the throne because of it......I can only imagine what is going through his mind.

Meowster

One word to describe that episode perfectly: satisfying.

Except for my poor girl Marg. Even in her final moments, she realized Cersei's game. She's the one I'm going to miss the most. Speaking of which, Cersei not even caring that her son has died and heading straight to becoming the Queen was pretty bold (and great) - she finally got what she has finally wanted, something she'd love more than her children. Total power through fear. Loved that Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation 1814 outfit she was wearing.

One word to describe that episode perfectly: satisfying.

Except for my poor girl Marg. Even in her final moments, she realized Cersei's game. She's the one I'm going to miss the most. Speaking of which, Cersei not even caring that her son has died and heading straight to becoming the Queen was pretty bold (and great) - she finally got what she has finally wanted, something she'd love more than her children. Total power through fear. Loved that Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation 1814 outfit she was wearing.

Yah Margery went out being smart, just trapped.

She played well, just didn't see the unforeseeable happening quite fast enough.

So who the fuck is gonna stop, Dany? She is about to STEAMROLL her way to the throne.

Unsullied army? Check
Dorneish army? Check
Dothraki army? Check
Tyrell army? Check
Greyjoy fleet? Check
Motherfucking DRAGONS. Triple Check

WHO IS GOING TO EVEN OPPOSE THIS OP ASS SQUAD??? The Lannister army? Please.

The only thing Dany is gonna have to really try against is the White Walkers and their "Winter Cometh" fuckery.

her army isn't equipped for Winter.. She will have problems taking the North without Jons cooperation.

reKon

Banned

The reason Jamie Lannister stabbed the Mad king in his back, and why he had to carry the burden of being "the king slayer" for a long part of his life.....only to see the woman he loved do exactly what the Mad king had set out to do.....and then taking the throne because of it......I can only imagine what is going through his mind.

bruhhhh

televator

There was also a great look of disgust when Frey compared Jaime and himself as 2 king slayers. Jaime's self consciousness is calling again...

bounchfx

fantastic fucking season finale. great episode. I am super satisfied as well

the music in that first 10 minutes was absolutely INCREDIBLE

Lamel

Banned
They outdid themselves this episode. So beautiful, with excellent music. I got chills at multiple scenes. A fitting end to an excellent season. And now the year long wait begins.

neptunes

What is Dorne's significance? Ugh

I really wish they had a flashback episode, I would like to see this Rhaegar fellow on screen.

Was Lyanna stabbed? Why?

You guys think Jorah's story is pretty much over? I really liked that last scene he had with Dany, but I'd love for him to still be part of the story moving forward. Great character.

Darkman M

It's all going to come full circle. Jamie will murder Cersei and then take his own life in a murder suicide. You heard it here first.

bounchfx

I was half expecting jon to pimp Sansa as queen, seeing as every other fucking place has women rulers now. we got dany, cersei, the dorne group ladies, and old lady bad ass

You guys think Jorah's story is pretty much over? I really liked that last scene he had with Dany, but I'd love for him to still be part of the story moving forward. Great character.

him and clegane im super curious about

Armadilo

Banned
What might happen next season
so it appears there are 2 seasons left. Next season might have dany take the iron throne and beat the lannisters and be done with them. As for john's real family is discovered and by the end of that season . John and dany will meet.

The last season will be the fight against the white walkers and everyone will team up and win and the end

Poor Darth Cersei doesn't stand a chance against ~7000 unsullied, ~100,000 Dothraki, 3 dragons, the Iron Fleet, the Dornish army and the Tyrell army.

She can't ask help from the North because they hate the Lannisters. The Vale will probably stay sided with the North. The Riverlands are in a precarious situation and the Reach and Dorne are coming for her. She only has the Westerlands and the Stormlands to rely on and even then Jaime looked terrified of her so maybe she won't even have the Lannister army with her.

It's basically game over for Cersei.

The shot of Cersei grinning and sipping wine as she watches the church explode with all her enemies in it... So viscerally satisfying.

Cersei had such amazing scenes this season I was just like... Kinda secretly becoming her fan. "I choose violence." Ummm, I also choose violence. Because it's awesome. Let's go with violence. Good idea, Cers. <3

Oh, also, it's a little late but I just saw this:
u2sZt3a.jpg

I was shocked that Margery got burned along with them, I thought she'd manage to run away..Oh well. Great episode for Cersi (and overall) but I can't help feel the next season won't be kind to her.

Dat Jon reveal :')

Ugh now we'll have to wait like 9 months..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom