• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

man....I love the irony in this episode tho...

The reason Jamie Lannister stabbed the Mad king in his back, and why he had to carry the burden of being "the king slayer" for a long part of his life.....only to see the woman he loved do exactly what the Mad king had set out to do.....and then taking the throne because of it......I can only imagine what is going through his mind.
Not to mention all of the Lannister troubles beginning with them defenestrating Bran only for the exact same fate to happen to their son.

She died from childbirth it appears.

and as for Dorne...never forget...

Oberyn_Martell-Pedro_Pascal.jpg

FeelsBadMan

I was half expecting jon to pimp Sansa as queen, seeing as every other fucking place has women rulers now. we got dany, cersei, the dorne group ladies, and old lady bad ass

him and clegane im super curious about

Crap. Forgot about the brotherhood. Now I'm left wondering how they can really finish everything off in 13 episodes.

Nerokis

her army isn't equipped for Winter.. She will have problems taking the North without Jons cooperation.

I was thinking the same. Her timing could have been better, at least in terms of the weather. Do people over in Essos even experience the "long Winter"? She's bringing over a group of people who might know little to nothing about adapting to harsh, cold climates.

Maximo

Man its still crazy thinking about the Tyrells were wiped off the map in one swoop like that. Poor Margaery even saw it coming

Its...fitting really The Tyrells convinced House Gardener to fight Aegon the Conqueror only to be all burned to a crisp and their house annihilated with the Tyrells rising up to claim high garden, and now they too were all burned.

Man, that was a hell of a season. It can really be described as "Putting all the pieces on the Chessboard" considering how everything played out

Kaizer

Banned
Oh okay, could there have been actual romance between Rhaegar and Lyanna? Maybe they fled together as opposed to the stories of Rhaegar kidnapping her?

That seems to be the implication, the whole kidnapping thing was seemingly a lie and Rhaegar & Lyanna actually loved one another.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The storm will stop her, it would be a very Game of Thrones thing for all of her ships to get wiped out in the ocean by a storm before they reach King's Landing.

Even if this happens, which I highly doubt, Dany will still have 2 bloodthirsty powerful houses with legit armies that are ready to fight for her.... and THREE fucking Dragons (No way in hell they kill any of those Dragons in a storm). That is still plenty enough to get shit done in the south.

nah, man... this shit is a wrap before it even gets started. Dany has waited all her life for this moment and watch it all be a bore to her.

I mean damn, forget the armies for a second, look at the MINDS she's surrounded with:

Lady Olenna
Tyrion Lannister
Varys

God tier intellect in the GoT universe. The only other person alive in that tier is Littlefinger. That's it.

Dany's squad is ridiculously fucking OP from every angle.

JakR

I have the feeling to have missed something:

Varys appesring on board of Danaerys ship. Was he not at Dorn? Did magically transported him back?

I just do not get it? Help please. XD

Respect

Even if this happens, which I highly doubt, Dany will still have 2 bloodthirsty powerful houses with legit armies that are ready to fight for her.... and THREE fucking Dragons (No way in hell they kill any of those Dragons in a storm). That is still plenty enough to get shit done in the south.

nah, man... this shit is a wrap before it even gets started. Dany has waited all her life for this moment and watch it all be a bore to her.

I mean damn, forget the armies for a second, look at the MINDS she's surrounded with:

Lady Olenna
Tyrion Lannister
Varys

God tier intellect in the GoT universe. The only other person alive in that tier is Littlefinger. That's it.

Which really makes it more likely something is going to bring her army down multiple notches before they can make an impact...otherwise she just steamrolls the Lannister's.

Oh okay, could there have been actual romance between Rhaegar and Lyanna? Maybe they fled together as opposed to the stories of Rhaegar kidnapping her?

I hope we learn more about this.
When Littlefinger was telling Sansa about Rhaegar when they were standing in front of her aunt's grave (last season I think), he spoke highly of Rhaegar and how he was a good person who loved the people. I personally think he didn't kidnap and rape her, and that they loved each other.

fader

Varys appesring on board of Danaerys ship. Was he not at Dorn? Did magically transported him back?

shit I was lost just as you.

I was screaming "what are you doing there!?" at my tv.

Lady Olenna
Tyrion Lannister
Varys

It truly is, but I'm prepared for something crazy to happen. It all seems too good to be true.

Events happening concurrently don't mean they happen concurrently in-universe. Time passed between those scenes

Maximo

Show ditches timelines and constantly has characters that have the powers of The Flash, nothing to worry about...Also hard to show *time passed* when scenes are jumping one to the other, most likely it was awhile before Danny shipped off.

Pooya

I hope Jaime makes it through, he probably has to backstab her sister like he did to the mad king for the same reason. I don't see Lannisters stay loyal to Cersei, it's not going to be much of a fight if it's everyone vs Lannisters, Cersei is the new mad king pretty much. Jaime can either save what's left of his house like his dad wanted him to or go down with Cersei, It didn't look like he will play along with Cersei's madness with that look.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

The scenes that you see aren't happening at the same time, Varys went to Dorne, rallied the Tyrells and Sand Snakes with Dany and then went back to Meereen with the news. Both scenes were probably weeks apart.

Timbuktu

What is Dorne's significance? Ugh

I really wish they had a flashback episode, I would like to see this Rhaegar fellow on screen.

Was Lyanna stabbed? Why?

Lyanna died by childbirth and Rhaegar already died at the trident by that point. I'm alright with him being off screen as the perfect prince and the good one from his family. It might make for a prequel but his story is so god damn tragic.

It's nice that Dany realise she needs good council to keep her doing the right things. And it seems apparent that Sansa will protect Jon from Littlefinger. I can't imagine marriage being appealing to her now and really happy that she already apologised for last week.

You guys think Jorah's story is pretty much over? I really liked that last scene he had with Dany, but I'd love for him to still be part of the story moving forward. Great character.

I'm curious as well. I'd like to see him some more too, he's great.

Personally I think he'll be back.

Cersei the mad queen!

I cant wait for her last moments and complete meltdown.

It's gonna be glorious. I hope.

MAJOR Death Note spoilers
It's gonna be glorious like Light's meltdown. I hope.

I guess the Stark gene is strong? Being the son of Rehgar and not silver haired? I guess it would have made it all too obvious.Also The White Wolf. It was foreshadowed the very first episode. Awesome.

Meowster

Cersei the mad queen!

I cant wait for her last moments and complete meltdown.
It's going to be a great foil for Daenerys whenever she (hopefully?) confronts Cersei face to face. A living example of the type of ruler no one should aspire to be (and a model of what her father possibly was like).

it's simple quantum physics. For every boat that fails to arrive to their destination, another boat must proceed faster towards its own destination. And since Gendry is still going nowhere and Brienne is probably still rowing out there, then in order to balance these effects the chances of another boat having arrived to its destination at the very moment of its departure has been exponentially increased.

?oe?oe

Melisandre is probably heading down to join the Brotherhood with the Hound and make sweet tunes to the Lord of the Light.

TyrantII

it seems apparent that Sansa will protect Jon from Littlefinger. I can't imagine marriage being appealing to her now and really happy that she already apologised for last week.

Either her or Arya are going to figure out who betrayed Ned. It's been a long time coming.

Side note: Arya's fast trip i guess is acceptable, it isnt THAT far when you consider how Varys went from Meeren to Dorne and the back to Meeren in the same time period.

And Bravos to The Twins is at least twice as far as Meeren to Dorne, one way.

Edit: Bravos to The Twins is probably 25% of the way.

Timbuktu

Either her or Arya are going to figure out who betrayed Ned. It's been a long time coming.

I did wonder why Arya ended up at Riverrun first, it seemed more out of the way from Braavos. I would like to think that she passed through Kings Landing and thought it was messed up enough that everyone is going to die anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom