• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocBase

Poor margaery :(((((

I was shocked that Margery got burned along with them, I thought she'd manage to run away..Oh well.

Yeah, Margaery at least should have rivaled Cersei for longer, and met her face to face again.

I got that, but still... It was so engaging to watch Margaery manipulate her way through different situations. I wanted more.

Me too. Biggest shock was seeing Margery part so soon. She is the Queen we all deserved, Dany and her flying lizards can get stuffed.

I will say though, even though I never really cared much for Cersei, and as manic as the nuke was, I can't knock her for outplaying everyone. I guess it's beacuse I never really took her seriously, but damn talk about going all out. I couldn't help but laugh a bit when Cersei used the nun's own words on her, lol.

duckroll

I feel that the finale shows the writers are aware of the void left by Ramsay's departure. They're clearly positioning Cersei to take over that role now, as the villain who has gone "too far". Maybe it can work. In the same way Ramsay being a supervillain made it all the more satisfying to see Jon Snow put an army together and fight him, Cersei's push here could be what the show needs to make Dany more interesting a protagonist as she lands in Westeros next season.

There's no way King's Landing is stable next season. Like Cersei just took out a fucking block lol Wouldn't be surprised if the place implodes before Danearey's gets there.

wow that was amazing finale. fucking incredible.

From the music, cinematography, VFX, and acting, props to everyone involved in the production.

Cersei is pretty much at a mad queen now. Tommen is dead because of her actions and she feels no remorse whatsoever. Now she is just as dead as the Mountain on the inside. Speaking of which, the septa getting raped by zombie dick is just creepy.

Lady Mormont is such a badass. That speech though.

And that poor prostitute will never get paid now.

I wonder if Dany will try burning Jon with the dragons only for him to come out unscathed. Assuming the assumptions are true of course.

I don't think the fire immunity is a trait that all Targaryen's possess, it's more like an ability that Dany has. Remember when Maester Aemon died in season 5? They cremated his body and he was a Targaryen as well.

These last two hours of GoT are simply the best TV I've experienced. Ranks over "Storming New Caprica," "Ozymandias", "Carentan" and part 8 of the Pacific. Amazing stuff, I legit clapped at the end tonight.

Jon getting the King of the North cheer brought a tear to my eye. Such a great moment. Along with Tyrion getting the hand and bowing to Dany. Got up and fist pumped when Ayracreached down to pull the made and poetic she slit him like her mother was done. Bran and Ayra pointed at Winterfell, the Stark babies are coming home fam.

Cersei's wardrobe was fucking on point this ep too.

Spladam

I think the first thing to implode next season will be Jaime and Cersei's relationship.

Oh yeah, one of the things I'm most interested in now. Jamie's gonna be a good guy folks. Him and Brienne FTW. It's gonna be a great next season, man I hate waiting.

Cerity

Can't wait for the lead up to that scene where King's landing is covered in ash. I wonder if that's Cersei blowing up the rest of the wildfire or Dany scorching everything.

Also I'd believe that Jon is fireproof now that he's been killed once. Something like his lost a bit of his stark side and his Targ blood is coming through.

Sheroking

RE: Jon's parentage.

Meera Reed's purpose on the show has never been more clear. Bran has the pieces he needs to get the full clarification from Howland - wherever he is.

I wouldn't be surprised if that ties into Sam's storyline as well.

dc89

The feels washed over me like wild fire
4TfeeGW.png

Cersei ascends as the top villian south of the wall. God damn mad women.

You know despite everything, I feel like Cersei has finally gotten what she always wanted. To be the undisputed ruler (for however short that may be).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
RE: Jon's parentage.

Meera Reed's purpose on the show has never been more clear. Bran has the pieces he needs to get the full clarification from Howland - wherever he is.

I wouldn't be surprised if that ties into Sam's storyline as well.

I don't think he really needs Howland to confirm it for him since he saw it go down with his own eyes.

Jorah will play a part for sure. I don't see Dario taking this breakup lying down either. The way he settled with it, and Dany was all "meh" after. Isn't she supposed to be betrayed by "love" eventually? This might be how she ends up dead, that one last twist.

When was the betrayed by love bit said? I don't remember that. Was that the witch lady from season 1?

Skux

Incredible episode. The first 20 minutes was absolutely stunning, the editing, the tension, the music!

Every plot thread, every character moment, every scene was Game of Thrones at its best.

The hype is absolutely MASSIVE for next season. Holy shit it is gonna be a throwdown.

On a side note, Cersei's outfit was amazing. Got some very Star Wars-esque evil empire vibes.

spock

Its clear Jon wasnt fire proof earlier in the show but after coming back to life, maybe thats changed? Anyone know who if any God's the Targaryen's believed in?

Sheroking

I don't think he really needs Howland to confirm it for him since he saw it go down with his own eyes.

Eh... I think there's some detail work that's relevant.

Like, was Lyanna kidnapped? Were Lyanna and Rhaegar married?

Also, having a witness who was actually there is probably important.

psychotron

MAESTER PYCELLE HAS LEFT THE GAME!

LANCEL LANNISTER HAS LEFT THE GAME!

THE HIGH SPARROW HAS LEFT THE GAME!

MARGAERY TYRELL HAS LEFT THE GAME!

LORAS TYRELL HAS LEFT THE GAME!

MACE TYRELL HAS LEFT THE GAME!

KEVAN LANNISTER HAS LEFT THE GAME!

THE SEPT OF BAELOR HAS LEFT THE GAME!

SEPTA UNELLA WISHES SHE COULD LEAVE THE GAME!

KING TOMMEN HAS LEFT THE GAME!

MELISANDRE HAS LEFT JON'S PARTY!

WINTER HAS COME TO THE GAME!

VARYS HAS RETURNED TO THE GAME!

DAARIO HAS LEFT DAENERYS STORMBORN OF THE HOUSE TARGARYEN, FIRST OF HER NAME, THE UNBURNT, QUEEN OF THE ANDALS AND THE FIRST MEN, KHALEESI OF THE GREAT GRASS SEA, BREAKER OF CHAINS, AND MOTHER OF DRAGONS' PARTY!

TYRION LANNISTER HAS CHANGED TITLE TO QUEEN'S HAND!

THE IDIOT SONS OF WALDER FREY HAVE LEFT THE GAME!

WALDER FREY HAS LEFT THE GAME!

UNCLE BENJEN HAS LEFT BRAN'S PARTY!

JON SNOW HAS GAINED THE TRAIT “HIDDEN TARGARYEN”!

THE NORTH HAS REMEMBERED!

JON SNOW HAS GAINED THE TITLE “KING OF THE NORTH”!

CERSEI LANNISTER HAS USURPED THE TITLE OF QUEEN OF THE ANDALS AND THE FIRST MEN AND DEFENDER OF THE REALM!

JAIME DIDN'T LIKE THAT.

THE PARTY OF DAENERYS STORMBORN OF THE HOUSE TARGARYEN, FIRST OF HER NAME, THE UNBURNT, QUEEN OF THE ANDALS AND THE FIRST MEN, KHALEESI OF THE GREAT GRASS SEA, BREAKER OF CHAINS, AND MOTHER OF DRAGONS...

HAS ENTERED THE GAME!

Liamario

Banned
I jokingly told a friend that Darth Vader is Jon snow's father. This was just something random off the top of my head. Not inspired by the episode whatsoever. He knows Darth Vader is not Jon snows father and now he's accusing me of spoiling revelations about Jon snows parentage.

I'm sorry, but that's called paranoia and being overly sensitive. What say you, Neogaf, home of reasonable discussion...

duckroll

Eh... I think there's some detail work that's relevant.

Like, was Lyanna kidnapped? Were Lyanna and Rhaegar married?

Also, having a witness who was actually there is probably important.

Maybe Bran won't care about any of that, but he really wants to learn some high level backstabbing techniques. Lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I jokingly told a friend that Darth Vader is Jon snow's father. This was just something random off the top of my head. Not inspired by the episode whatsoever. He knows Darth Vader is not Jon snows father and now he's accusing me of spoiling revelations about Jon snows parentage.

I'm sorry, but that's called paranoia and being overly sensitive. What say you, Neogaf, home of reasonable discussion...
Punch him in the dick for being a baby and not believing you that you didn't know shit when you said that.

Anyone find it jarring that nobody in the North has questions about Job abandoning the Nights Watch or even bigger questions about him coming back from the dead in order to leave the Watch?

spock

Regarding Jon again, perhaps its not that he will be fire proof but when Dany commands the dragons during a Jon death scene, they just wont attack him or will look confused, sensing his Targaryen heritage. From their they both figure it out. Or during a meeting in some sense the dragons acting differently toward him. Seems like it would make the most sense. Bran telling Jon just seems kind of meh...

I also wonder as a poster above mentions, if Dany did also die what than came back to life during the first fire.

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone find it jarring that nobody in the North has questions about Job abandoning the Nights Watch or even bigger questions about him coming back from the dead in order to leave the Watch?

Their previous option was Ramsay, they probably don't care about an oath to the watch that much.

As far as resurrections go, I'm not sure how widely known it is, and some people might just dismiss it as a folk tale, similarly to Beric.

Symphonia

Banned
The theory would be that he's fireproof because of his true parentage and not because he was resurrected. Dany has always been fireproof because of her blood and she was never resurrected.
Maybe being resurrected by black magic kickstarted the Targaryen fireproof gene? I don't know, man, it's fucking Game Of Thrones - a series where dragons lives, icemen are coming, and green explosions level half a city. None of it makes fucking sense, so why should the bloodline/ancestry inheritance?

I thought I'd ask the question

lol

Question answered

Ta

Was just thinking some people worried about LF playing Sansa off against Jon and wondering if that could head it off is all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom