• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess so. But then again, Jaken Haggar (I have no idea how to spell his name) didn't seem too upset when Arya threatened him with a sword and the took off. Who knows how the the Many Faced God works.

That's pretty harsh. He wasn't very bright, but at least he wasn't evil like most Lannisters.

Jaqen H'ghar, I think. And yeah, he didn't seem upset. Maybe he was surprised that his Many Faced God allowed it to happen, so he's seeing where this is going...

TOMMEN WAS USELESS THO. Even if Lannisters were evil, they didn't aggravate me half as much as Tommen did. And I'm here to be entertained by this glorious fictional world and characters. And he was the King of Disappointments. And I'm glad he is done.

p2535748

Game of Thrones has always had a fair bit of teleporting going on. It's just something that had to be accepted, the flow of time is not consistent so it could be hours, days or months that jump between scenes

The flow of time is the more important thing here. Also, there's fairly good evidence out there that plot lines that happen in different places do not necessarily happen at the same time. I don't remember any actual indication of when Arya leaves for Westeros, so it could have been a while ago.

Similarly, we have no idea how much time passed between when Varys left Mereen and when he returns.

Amazing end of a season.
Yet I guess that in the early episodes of the next season they'll go for a full stop again, go one step back, mediocre middle episodes and two steps ahead in the last few episodes.

Symphonia

Banned
Yet I guess that in the early episodes of the next season they'll go for a full stop again, go one step back, mediocre middle episodes and two steps ahead in the last few episodes.
The next season is confirmed to be shorter, so at least we won't have to wait as long for it to get back to the action.

Pooya

One thing we didn't get to know is...

Did Cersei officially announce that, peasants, I blew up all of your faith and am queen now, deal with it.

or did she announce that they were "poisoned by their enemies" in a tragic incident and she's so sorry about that. Like there should be revolts and such in King's Landing by now.

Spladam

I mean those three are great at a table debating politics, but none of the are seasoned in battle the way Jamie and Jon are. It would be interesting if that were here achilles heel
It's not about West vs East though, we'll have a little of that, probably everyone vs Cersei, but mostly it's Danny and the North vs The Winter next season. Dragons and Zombies folks, we're there.

nubbe

Google DeepMind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ULQLf4T.png

jediyoshi

Re-watched the final scene with Snow and Sansa.

She's definitely not happy, which is why the final shot was her looking at LF with the "huh I guess my half brother who is technically a Snow is going to rule over the North and not me...." look.

My impression was that she saw LF's response to what was happening and wasn't happy that he would likely end up scheming against Jon.

omg_mjd

Why was Pycelle killed separately? Was there any other reason aside from dramatic effect? (It was a fantastic scene though.)

So... It's the Lannisters vs:

The Starks, the Vale, the Tyrells, the Martels, oh and a gigantic fleet with a few dragons.

Yeah, they're fucked. How many episodes do they last?

It's not even really "Lannisters Vs..." anymore, it's pretty much just Cersei. Tyrion is with Daenerys and I don't expect Jamie to stand by Cersei til the end, she's turning into the mad queen. I doubt a Lannister will be on the throne this time next year.

komplanen

I must've not gotten something.

Why was the bald eunuch back with Dany? I thought he sailed real far away to talk with the tomboy-trio and old hags and now he back? What?

SeanR1221

I like how everything is in place for he houses to be united, because once the remaining threats are out of the way (Cersei, Euron, LF) the focus will turn to the white walkers

I see a few people are predicting it to go wrong with Dany.

A storm - seems too easy though.

I like the idea of her vast armies ransacking the city and in a last ditch bid...

Cerseii blowing up the rest of the wildfire taking most of the armies out with her

Maxim726X

I see a few people are predicting it to go wrong with Dany.

A storm - seems too easy though.

I like the idea of her vast armies ransacking the city and in a last ditch bid...

Cerseii blowing up the rest of the wildfire taking most of the armies out with her

I think it's Jon who has no idea what he's in for.

Baelish won't sit by while his chance at the throne slips through his hands. I fully expect him to kill Jon.

sangreal

Why was the bald eunuch back with Dany? I thought he sailed real far away to talk with the tomboy-trio and old hags and now he back? What?

The final scene takes place after however long it took him to reunite with Danys party. There really isn't anything more to it

Amazing finale. One of the best episodes of the show.

RIP Margaery :'(
There was this split second where the explosion just went upwards and it vaporized the old dude.. I was like okay explosion just go straight the fuck up and not mushroomy and Margaery will be fine... Then the explosion went mushroomy and i was like
mjcry1.png

Fusebox

Banned
Loved the super atmosphere intro. Cerceis outfits were amazing this ep and I never usually notice wardrobe much at all. Dressin like Darth Vaders girlfriend at the end, damn.

Also legit lol'ed at Cerceis expression when she was watching the explosion and at Tommens walkoff too. Superb ep.

Dryk

Pretty much everyone spent a lot of time traveling off-screen this episode though so it balances out

Dunlop

Amazing episode, outside of character teleportions.

While the fleet looked great, I didn't see anywhere the dragons could land to rest. Are we to assume that they can fly for weeks/months?

MikeyB

Yep. The travel times in the show make no sense whatsoever. Like, how did Arya get all the way to the Twins? There's pretty much no indication of how much time has passed in the show, but characters jumping all over the map are confusing and immersion breaking in my view.

Sande

You can say whatever you want about weeks passing between scenes and whatnot, but getting from Westeros to Essos within 25 minutes in one episode is just poorly paced and confusing. Especially when you don't even acknowledge the journey in any way. Varys literally shows up in Westeros for 5 seconds of screen time and the next time we see him, he's on a boat headed for Westeros.

It's not a straight up plot hole due to the way the show is structured, but it is ridiculous.

komplanen

Yep. The travel times in the show make no sense whatsoever. Like, how did Arya get all the way to the Twins? There's pretty much no indication of how much time has passed in the show, but characters jumping all over the map are confusing and immersion breaking in my view.

When Arya killed the old fart, I half expected Jamie to bust in the room and lol next scene he's back at King's Landing.

The order of the characters I like most in this show who are still alive:

Sir davos
Lady mormont
Pod
Bron
Jon
Brienne
widling man

Lady Mormont skyrocketed up the list after this episode. She is the most honourable person in this show. She is going to die a shitty death by little finger I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom