• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How out of whack would it be for Jon to marry Sansa once they find out his parentage?

Seeing as how GRRM's leaked original plans for the novels included
a romance between Jon and Arya
, I'd say it's possible. However I think the most likely 'whack' romance for Jon coming in the show will be with Dany. They really foreshadowed the hell out of it in that scene between her and Daario.

Skux

So many gorgeously shot moments in this episode. But I loved the inauguration most of all. It felt like a funeral rather than a celebration.

W2pqh3o.png

And Cersei's costume was absolutely divine. Dark, dramatic, armoured as if ready for a battle... the perfect complement to what she has become. A malevolent force with nothing to lose, who is bent only on revenge.

Jackpot

Banned
Jackpot said:
Can we talk about how rushed Theon and his sister's arrival at Mereen was? Even by recent GoT standards. We go from Dany in the midst of crushing a seaborne invasion in one scene to Tyrion in mid-conversation with Theon. Wouldn't surprise me if Arya is already back in Westeros as the Freys' most trusted servant-girl at this pace.

Jesus H., that was meant to be a joke. An exaggeration to such a degree that it would be considered impossible. It's not good when that and reality end up matching. They could have savoured that. It's not like Arya has much to do.

Even if this happens, which I highly doubt, Dany will still have 2 bloodthirsty powerful houses with legit armies that are ready to fight for her.... and THREE fucking Dragons (No way in hell they kill any of those Dragons in a storm). That is still plenty enough to get shit done in the south.

nah, man... this shit is a wrap before it even gets started. Dany has waited all her life for this moment and watch it all be a bore to her.

I mean damn, forget the armies for a second, look at the MINDS she's surrounded with:

Lady Olenna
Tyrion Lannister
Varys

God tier intellect in the GoT universe. The only other person alive in that tier is Littlefinger. That's it.

Dany's squad is ridiculously fucking OP from every angle.
I mean those three are great at a table debating politics, but none of the are seasoned in battle the way Jamie and Jon are. It would be interesting if that were here achilles heel

Timbuktu

Jesus H., that was meant to be a joke. An exaggeration to such a degree that it would be considered impossible. It's not good when that and reality end up matching. They could have savoured that. It's not like Arya has much to do.

It does feels like months could have passed within this episode. Particularly with Olenna being in Dorne, Varys going back and forth, Jaime getting back to King's Landing. They aren't hanging about. Getting too deep in that kind of logistics and timing would just tie them into knots.

King's Landing is getting so inward looking and isolated. Cersei haven't got a clue what happened up north of that Dany has set sail with an armada.

He died. It's definitely a technicality but he's not breaking his oath.
Doesn't mean people would believe it

I'd imagine a fair few would have issues with an oath breaker, in addition to being a bastatd. Oh and chilling with wildings.

Just seems quite out of character for Northerners to not even address it

Shit, according to this episode people didn't even know he was the Lord Commander

Game of Thrones has always had a fair bit of teleporting going on. It's just something that had to be accepted, the flow of time is not consistent so it could be hours, days or months that jump between scenes

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
The soundtrack of this episode was something else. Goosebumps just thinking about it

Skux

Do we have a bodycount (of main-ish) chars from the Sept blowing up?

Killed in the main explosion:
The High Sparrow
Queen Margaery Tyrell
Loras Tyrell
Mace Tyrell
Kevan Lannister
Lancel Lannister

Killed as part of the plan:
Grand Maester Pycelle

Died as an unforeseen consequence:
King Tommen Baratheon

Not dead yet, but awaiting an unpleasant fate:
Septa Unella

Nah, his mission is far from over. The look he and Sansa share in the great hall all but confirm this. There is definitely something going on there.

Prior to his exile, Varys was at odds with Littlefinger. They were masters of the game, but on opposite sides of the board, at least philosophically. I wonder if the spider has something in store for him.

Jackpot

Banned
With so many characters dead it's actually rather easy to predict what will happen next season.

S7 will be about Dany conquering Westeros. S8 will be the White Walkers.

Cersei, Euron and Littlefinger as villains. Jon, Sansa and Dany as good guys. Sand snakes and Tyrells as hangers-on.

Dany will encounter Euron first and lose part of her fleet.

Sansa and Jon will have infighting but overcome it at the expense of Littlefinger.

Jamie is going to kill Cersei in the end.

I love this season :> This season won me back into GoT

(i have never left, but you know... hyperbole etc. to illustrate how much i love this season)

^____^

When that green fire took the sanctimonious High Sparrow into Oblivion, I was extremely pleased. Extremely.

What a season finale! So packed with happenings and the plots are moved forward by miles and leagues only in one episode!

Jamie's face when he reentered King's Landing was priceless hahaha. I could see the conflicting emotions and the disbelief as he watched his sister's coronation... oh man

Arya's become the assassin she had always been telegraphed for. FINALLY. Took such a long and meandering arc to get here. She's now working down her list, i guess? :>

The Mountain and the Septa was ... a guilty pleasure of a vengeance scene.

BYE TOMMEN. YOU WERE USELESS FROM BEGINNING TO END.

That scene between Davos and Mel was so intense. RIP SHIREEN, your onion knight would stay true to you until the end of days o7

AND FINALLY

The Starks at Winterfell had really well delivered character developments between Jon and Sansa (and littlefinger), and Bran, the three eyed raven finally vindicated long held fans' theory that Jon Snow is Lyanna Stark's issue. OH MAN.

Lady Mormont is LOVE <3

And yeah, finally Dany's coming to Westeros. I am sad that Daario is left behind, but I can't wait to see the Mother of Dragons playing the great game at long last...!

AMAZING FINALE. I loves it.

And Cersei's costume was absolutely divine. Dark, dramatic, armoured as if ready for a battle... the perfect complement to what she has become. A malevolent force with nothing to lose, who is bent only on revenge.

her costume is soooo on point. just beautiful attention to details with this season / series.

* ___ *

With so many characters dead it's actually rather easy to predict what will happen next season.

S7 will be about Dany conquering Westeros. S8 will be the White Walkers.

Cersei, Euron and Littlefinger as villains. Jon, Sansa and Dany as good guys. Sand snakes and Tyrells as hangers-on.

Dany will encounter Euron first and lose part of her fleet.

Sansa and Jon will have infighting but overcome it at the expense of Littlefinger.

Jamie is going to kill Cersei in the end.
I think Dany will get ravaged by Euron. She will lose her khalasar and the North is going to get absolutely ravaged by the White Walkers in season 7.

By the time Dany limps into Kings Landing in season 8 it will be a destroyed city and she will meet the white walkers

I had assumed that being able to wear people's faces like that was part of the magic that the Many Faced God gave people who were part of his crew. But since Arya abandoned the Many Faced God, how she able to wear people's faces in a magical way like that?

Jackpot

Banned
I think Dany will get ravaged by Euron. She will lose her khalasar and the North is going to get absolutely ravaged by the White Walkers in season 7.

By the time Dany limps into Kings Landing in season 8 it will be a destroyed city and she will meet the white walkers

Euron will definitely be used as the first true test of her plot armour.

The entire series will end with Dany and Jon beating the WW. Jon returns as either Warden or King of the North. Dany realises she is sick of the Great Game and flies off to freedom on her dragon, leaving a slightly bewildered Tyrion to rule in her stead in the South.

Radec

Or Euron will get squashed like he should be so thay the writers can move on to better characters.

I had assumed that being able to wear people's faces like that was part of the magic that the Many Faced God gave people who were part of his crew. But since Arya abandoned the Many Faced God, how she able to wear people's faces in a magical way like that?

i think she was schooled in their arts so she is now able to perform their tricks without having to be beholden to their religion / many faced god

she's an infidel to them, i imagine?

duckroll

Nothing. He will lose, but he will take down a chunk with him. Most of which will be the defenceless khalasar ships.

I hope we get some super ridiculous scene out of it at least, like his men trying to board a shit with a huge plank, and then suddenly you see the hold open up and bloodriders charge with horses across the plank and fight the pirates on horseback!

Machina

Banned
Anyone else get choked up when Dany made Tyrion her Hand of the Queen? It felt so good to see Tyrion finally get the respect he is due and for him to actually care about someone enough to bow to them. Amazing scene.

I also choked up a bit when Jon kissed Sansa in the forehead, this whole episode had tons of great and touching scenes.

Weirdly enough, the only time I teared up was when the Northern lords/lady badass declared Jon the King in the North. Finally he has some clout he can use. And his Aunt is sailing across the sea to fuck shit up.

Cersei really is psycho bitch now. She threw it all away for the sake of the throne. She doesn't even know how Jaime is going to react yet.

Re-watched the final scene with Snow and Sansa.

She's definitely not happy, which is why the final shot was her looking at LF with the "huh I guess my half brother who is technically a Snow is going to rule over the North and not me...." look.

I hope we get some super ridiculous scene out of it at least, like his men trying to board a shit with a huge plank, and then suddenly you see the hold open up and bloodriders charge with horses across the plank and fight the pirates on horseback!
Or the Dothraki just standing around vomiting and getting killed like so

PeDMMJ.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh my god what a fucking episode. The direction and cinematography of this and the last episode was so far above an overwhelming majority of the series. Such beautiful framing, pacing, and cuts. Great performances. No wasted dialogue. Episode honestly felt so much more professional and exceptional in production than the rest.

I'm floored. Perfect notes. What a fucking end.

She's definitely not happy, which is why the final shot was her looking at LF with the "huh I guess my half brother who is technically a Snow is going to rule over the North and not me...." look.
Or I think she's really worried of what LF could do. I imagine LF will do some crooked shit like he always does this time to Jon Trags that will somewhat force Sansa into marrying him. I mean LF needs to be married to someone of royal blood to have a chance of claiming the throne, right?

Man.. They could have played Started from the bottom during this scene and it would still work..
Started from the bottom now the whole me fuckin' here.

nubbe

I think see looks at Little Finger and realises that Jon is now an obstacle for his ambition
Sansa never wanted to have power
Little Finger also knows that Jon is a Targaryen

Oh my god what a fucking episode. The direction and cinematography of this and the last episode was so far above an overwhelming majority of the series. Such beautiful framing, pacing, and cuts. Great performances. No wasted dialogue. Episode honestly felt so much more professional and exceptional in production than the rest.

I'm floored. Perfect notes. What a fucking end.

Yeah like someone said in this thread, half of the scenes in this could've easily worked as a final scene for a singular episode. This episode was PACKED!

i think she was schooled in their arts so she is now able to perform their tricks without having to be beholden to their religion / many faced god

she's an infidel to them, i imagine?

I guess so. But then again, Jaken Haggar (I have no idea how to spell his name) didn't seem too upset when Arya threatened him with a sword and then took off. Who knows how the the Many Faced God works.

BYE TOMMEN. YOU WERE USELESS FROM BEGINNING TO END.

That's pretty harsh. He wasn't very bright, but at least he wasn't evil like most Lannisters.

Maxim726X

So... It's the Lannisters vs:

The Starks, the Vale, the Tyrells, the Martels, oh and a gigantic fleet with a few dragons.

Yeah, they're fucked. How many episodes do they last?

Robiin

Great episode. Only one thing I am a little confused about/not remembering motivations. What is the purpose of (shit I actually forget his name... I am bad) the family with the big friend of Jon Snow with the wildling and the baby travelling to that giant ass library? Please help.

Edit: Samwell, his name is Samwell.. damn it

rhino4evr

Weirdly enough, the only time I teared up was when the Northern lords/lady badass declared Jon the King in the North. Finally he has some clout he can use. And his Aunt is sailing across the sea to fuck shit up.

Cersei really is psycho bitch now. She threw it all away for the sake of the throne. She doesn't even know how Jaime is going to react yet.

If this was politically motivated she could have done this a long time ago.

Cersei was just protecting herself. Once her son eliminated "trial by combat" she knew she had to act or rot in a dungeon for the rest of her life/or die.

She may have indirectly killed her last son, but in reality he had already turned on her. Which explains why she didn't seem very emotional about his death. He was already dead to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom